LEGO Family

MOC: Silence in the library !

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Main photo is edited to make it look more claustrophobic. :)

Originally this build was supposed to have this girl with two shadows.

One "original" shadow made with lightning effects, and a "fake" shadow in the form of a monster builded into the floor.

However i couldnt make it as well as i wished. It looked horrible. So i redid the whole build. This is what it came to be.

When i was younger i had a fear of silent places. Add some shadows and place me in a library.

I would believe that my own shadow would turn into a monster.

That is basically what this represents.

silenceinthelibrary1.JPG

silenceinthelibrary2.JPG

silenceinthelibrary3.JPG

silenceinthelibrary4.JPG

silenceinthelibrary5.JPG

silenceinthelibrary6.JPG

Thanks for dropping by. Got freaked out a bit ? .. Leave a comment please ! :P

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Creepy...but an amazing MOC! I love the bookshelves with the books falling off of them.

Thanks a lot ..... The outcome of the whole of the build is great i also think. .. Still it annoys me that i couldnt make the "double shadow" that we went for in the beginning.

Glad you found it creepy also ;)

The lower light pictures really give it the right feel. Perhaps two or three low output light sources would help you get the deepness and variety of shadow that you describe as a goal? That or actually adding the light inside of the scene, such as a little bulb.

The falling books are a nice touch!

I was expecting the Vashta Nerada. and then you said "two shadows", and I was even more expecting the Vashta Nerada.

This is a nice scene though, good job!

The lower light pictures really give it the right feel. Perhaps two or three low output light sources would help you get the deepness and variety of shadow that you describe as a goal? That or actually adding the light inside of the scene, such as a little bulb.

The falling books are a nice touch!

We tried a lot of things. If i still had that MOC around i would try some of your tips. Thanks though. They will come in handy some other time im sure :)

I was expecting the Vashta Nerada. and then you said "two shadows", and I was even more expecting the Vashta Nerada.

This is a nice scene though, good job!

I have to look up Vashta Nerada, since ive never heard of it. :P

Thanks for the nice comment though :)

The first Pic is really unusual. It looks like an open book. Great work

I have to look up Vashta Nerada, since ive never heard of it. :P

Thanks for the nice comment though :)

Hang on! Only just seen you comment. I assumed this was a Doctor Who moc? If not then that is very SPOOOOKEY.

The first Pic is really unusual. It looks like an open book. Great work

Hang on! Only just seen you comment. I assumed this was a Doctor Who moc? If not then that is very SPOOOOKEY.

Oh thats what you meant ... LOL ... Then we both failed to recognise ... No, its not a Doctor Who MOC, but that exact chapter ( silence in the library ) was what we went for to start with, making those double shadows. But it turned into this instead.

Thanks for liking "the spooky effect" ... Definately what we aimed for .. :)