Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"Fine, be that way, you chicken of a monk!"

"Well, maybe you'd be interested in going to the arena with me?"

"Certainly. I am not a coward."

*I glance in Pretzel's direction*

"Fine, be that way, you chicken of a monk!"

I like chicken... :look: ...but I prefer pretzels.

:grin:

Phew, thanks for clearing that up, I was worried. :tongue:

Really, Benji, I believe I have told you before. We monks don't believe in fighting unnecessarily. Leo tricked me into a fight by making the benefits tempting, but thank God I resisted temptation and shirked the fight in the end.

"Urgh....." Alisha said, stepping into the main part of the Hall from where she had been sleeping. Her head ached terribly, but she somehow managed to remain upright until she made it to the bar, slumping into the chair she had sat in last night, between the sleeping Rogue and Alexis, the elf who had talked to her. She looked around, even though every movement was pure torture to her aching head, and saw Daxus conversing with Pretzel and Benji, arguing about cowardice or something or other. I ought to go knock their heads together, she thought. Maybe that would put some sense in them. But I'd rather not, not until I'm recovered. Sighing under her breath, she stood, a wince twitching at the corners of her eyes and lips, and then walked to the Marketplace. After her shopping trip, no one would be able to best her in combat again, she silently vowed.

Leo was sitting down, thinking about Luc, his brother, when a female voice could be heard.

Is An Elf named Leo in here? The voice said. It seemed familar, an essence of his past. Could it be? No, she was dead. Probably just one of his kin.

I am over here. Leo shouted.

The woman walked over. She was radiating beauty, like a flower brightning up a dull world.

Leo Aragon, so nice to see you again. She grabbed Leo in a warm embrace. Her identity hit Leo like he had been bashed by Cronk.

Bellatrix your alive? Didn't they kill you?

You and Luc are not the only good Brobrics. Luc's old friend, the cleric, he healed me. Saved me. Told me where you would go. So I came.

Bellatrix I love you. I always will.

With that she lent over and kissed Leo.

Edited by TheBoyWonder

Pandora, I still love you. I always will.

With that she lent over and kissed Leo.

I notice Leo fell asleep at the bar...

I hope Leo is having good dreams.

*I glance in Pretzel's direction*

"OK, so lets head over to the arena!"

Leo notices Benji looking over at him. He and Tia decide to say hello.

Benji, this is Bellatrix, Bellatrix, Benji

They then go out into the streets of Eubric.

Edited by TheBoyWonder

Benji sees Leo waking up and mumbling something about a pandora or something, and then walks out of the room, looking sort of strange, in a trance. He looks like he's holding hands with someone, but he's definitely alone. Hmmm... is he daydreaming or something?

"I hope he's alright..." Benji thinks to himself...

Leo and Bellatrix walk back into the hall. Leo has a look in his eyes and tells Bellatrix to get a drink.

Oi, Benji you think I am mad? Lets not fight in here. Let's take it to Arena.

Edited by TheBoyWonder

Benji sees Leo waking up and mumbling something about a pandora or something, and then walks out of the room, looking sort of strange, in a trance. He looks like he's holding hands with someone, but he's definitely alone. Hmmm... is he daydreaming or something?

"I hope he's alright..." Benji thinks to himself...

Leo always did seem to be the dreamer sort. It will be hard for him when he wakes up...I would advise keeping him in his sleepy state for as long as possible. More ale, bartender...ew...you're an orc or something aren't you, to think I touched a goblet of water. Thank God I brought my sanctification tablets.

Alexis enters the hall, and takes a deep breath of the fresh air in the hall. She looks around and doesn't see Althior anywhere. She heads into the bar and takes a seat next to a man dressed in a brown robe.

"Hello there, my name is Alexis Fenral, Evoker. I believe I've heard of you but I can't seem to remember your name..."

Alexis enters the hall, and takes a deep breath of the fresh air in the hall. She looks around and doesn't see Althior anywhere. She heads into the bar and takes a seat next to a man dressed in a brown robe.

"Hello there, my name is Alexis Fenral, Evoker. I believe I've heard of you but I can't seem to remember your name..."

An elf Evoker sits down at the bar, on her left is Monk Pretzel. Somehow, she hadn't noticed the charming Warden sitting on her right side...

"Hey Alexis, if I were you, I'd keep any gold or snack food that you want to not get stolen under good watch, that's the infamous Pretzel the Monk you're sitting next to. I was Quest Leader in his first quest... oh boy, did he give me a headache! Also be careful that he doesn't try to convert you in the process of stealing your money."

"Anyways, want a drink?"

EDIT: Oops, I just realized I'm fighting in the arena, I shouldn't have posted this, sorry... anyways, we'll pretend I said this a little while before I went to the arena :tongue:"

Edited by Flare

I turn to look at the woman who just sat down not far from me and tried to make conversation with me. Benji was blabbering away in an attempt to woo her...or something. I appraise her thoughtfully. Her dress appears far too revealing for my liking and the way she carries herself...the way she talked to me... She wants my money! I alert myself to this. I can see it. What have women become here in Eubric. All these women trying to be warriors or heroes...or whatever. A woman cannot be a hero! Why can't they stick to being housewives or nuns. ...Women! Tsk, tsk! I shake my head, just as I hear Benji mentioning something about conversion and gold.

"Woman, I can see that you lead a sinful, at best, life, and that you are, at present, far from God. Do not fear, I can help you to change all that, but before we begin, I would advise you to not give ear to the pretending gentleman on your side. He is a sly figure, and also of far from unquestionable repute. Therefore, if I were you, which thank God I am not, I would not associate to freely with him, as we were questing he disappeared from battle at times with the female member of our group...need I say more? Questionable repute to be sure.

Anyway, how would you like to learn the ways of God? We can discuss it over a pretzel, what do you say?"

Edited by palathadric

*snippy long post*

"Shut. The. Hell. Up. Pretzel," Alisha says, walking back into the hall. Apparently recovered, she is munching on a chunk of what suspiciously looks like raw flesh. "Everyone knows there's more than one god. Hell, each race has its own set. And since you seem to be the only one to devotedly follow that archaic religion, stop trying to convert other people. Wallow in your misery as other gods rise above yours. Kill yourself, I don't care. Just shut the hell up."

Alexis stares at the man as he talks. When he finishes, she sits that and blinks at him, trying to make sense of what he just said.

"Uh. What? Benji? He's fine. God? I only briefly heard of that when I was in my home country."

Alexis stares at the man as he talks. When he finishes, she sits that and blinks at him, trying to make sense of what he just said.

"Uh. What? Benji? He's fine. God? I only briefly heard of that when I was in my home country."

Alisha makes a dismissive gesture towards Alexis, while raising a certain expressive digit in the monk's direction. "Pay no attention to him, miss, he's just a weirdo who can't find his place in the world.

"You seem confused, but don't worry, come with me and Alisha and we can go get something to eat - I'm starving!"

"Well, what he was saying did seem intresting, but he seems lost in thought now..."

Then she turns to Benji.

"We're here at a table already, why not just ask for some food?"

"Well, what he was saying did seem intresting, but he seems lost in thought now..."

Then she turns to Benji.

"We're here at a table already, why not just ask for some food?"

"Sure! What do you want? Personally I'm up for some spicy pegasus wings and if you'd like to share that would be fine :wink: "

Leo Aragon walks into the hall and shouts:

It is time to leave the hall. I cannot progress any further here. Farewell.

As he exits says a new hero walks quietly into the hall and sits down. He is. Lycan Dean, rogue.

Edited by TheBoyWonder

"Sure! What do you want? Personally I'm up for some spicy pegasus wings and if you'd like to share that would be fine :wink: "

"You eat those?!" Alexis says with a tone of incredulity. "Elves don't eat meant unless they have to. So just bread, water, and some fruit for me."

"You eat those?!" Alexis says with a tone of incredulity. "Elves don't eat meant unless they have to. So just bread, water, and some fruit for me."

Benji looks very serious, but suddenly bursts into a big grin.

"Of course I don't, silly! You really believed me, eh? Anyways, you just want bread and water? Is that how you keep so thin, eh? I heard that they have a good greek salad here (sorry if I'm going a little overboard here :tongue:)... thats tasty too... :sweet: "

Edited by Flare

Benji looks very serious, but suddenly bursts into a big grin.

"Of course I don't, silly! You really believed me, eh? Anyways, you just want bread and water? Is that how you keep so thin, eh? I heard that they have a good greek salad here (sorry if I'm going a little overboard here :tongue:)... thats tasty too... :sweet: "

"Well how was I supposed to know? I've only talked to you once before."

Dak had passed out at the bar again. He woke slowly, inwardly scolding himself for such a poor choice of a place to sleep. Seeing the people nearby, the elven woman Alexis and a man in shining silver armor, conversing merrily, he got up, away from the happiness around him that did not refect what he was feeling at all. He ran up to his quarters in a foul mood, exuding an air of malevolence around him that made most shy away from his path, and changed into clothes that more suited his mood, a black undershirt, grey jacket, and long brown pants with sheaths for both his knives at the waist. Walking back into the main room, he is struck by a wave of noise, hustle and bustle. He quickly slides from shadow to shadow, avoiding human company, until he finds a small table with two seats next to it. Shoving one seat away, he pulls the table into a shady corner of the hall and sits, thinking and twirling the knife, the one he had bought from the Witch Atramor and forgotten about, in his hands. (OOC: I forgot to update my sig when I bought that, sorry. Also, there's a new picture of Dak coming later today, stay tuned! :sweet:

The heroes remaining in the hall were growing restless. They were already frustrated by not getting chosen into any of the wealth of quests that were open some weeks ago, and now they had nothing else to do but to drink and bicker with each other.

Finally the doors of the hall opened twice in succession, and two bills were posted on the Quest Board. The first was brought by a scruffy watchman from the Town Watch, while the other was posted by an alchemist dressed in stinking and stained robes.

The bored heroes gathered to read the pitches, pondering whether or not to sign in. They noticed that neither of the missions seemed to take very long, at least at face-value.

~Two new quests have been posted on the Quest Board (#33 and #34 by Sandy).~