XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

A big thanks for big pictures, GRogall! :thumbup: Do you also have a pic of the set (not box art) of the Desert Skiff?

Although Jabba's Palace lost a minifig along the way, it's still a must buy for me. Depending on the price, i'll get it either sooner or later. :classic:

Of the planet sets, i like Endor the most. Nice printing on the moon itself and the minifig as well.

Lobot of Bespin would be a nice addition to a Cloud City - we all are waiting for. :wink:

A big thanks for big pictures, GRogall! :thumbup: Do you also have a pic of the set (not box art) of the Desert Skiff?

Sadly not yet! :pir_bawling:

:drool:

WOW! Definitely picking up Jabba's Palace. Thanks a bunch, Grogall!!

-Sci

:sing: Dang it! Why do all of these sets have to look so amazing?!?!?! Now looking at Jabba's Palace - when did Han come with a new face? - the minifigs and set looks epicer than ever! But...where is Pre Vizla's fighter?

Sith Interceptor Y U NO AFFORDABLE?

It is definitely the best summer set for me :thumbup:

The Sith Interceptor is looking slick. I like the Desert Skiff a lot, too. I would love to get my hands on Jabba's Palace but unfortunately it will probably be too pricey for me. :sadnew:

Some of the sets look pretty odd, though. I really can't understand the reasoning behind yet ANOTHER Jedi starfighter. It was never a compelling design to begin with, so why do we need eight different versions? I don't mind updates of more iconic ships, like the X-Wing, because it's great to see improved versions of such a recognizable design. But this? Why?

I also don't really understand the KOTOR ships, either. Although I love the Sith Interceptor, the other two (including the exclusive) look like something out of Gradius rather than Star Wars. The figs are nice, but they just don't feel Star-Wars-y to me at all. At least the Interceptor bears resemblance to the Empire's aesthetics.

The Sub is well designed for sure, but I don't really care for Episode I sets and I refuse to spend money on a Jar Jar Binks. Call me biased.

As for the planet sets, they're decent, but the only reason to get them is for the figs.

I hope we see the UCS B-Wing soon, I'm dying for that one. :thumbup: Thanks, Grogall, you wonderful man you.

Thanks for posting the better pics GRogall. All the sets are looking very good. The CW Padme minifig looks a little better than it did at Toy Fair. Personally I think the combination of the CW style face and choice of hair piece don't go together.

Thanks for the pics. I'm curious as to what head the female Jedi is going to have in the final set. The box pic shows the same face as Wonder Woman, but the second pic shows her with Elsa Schneider's head from the Indiana Jones line.

Nice to see Leia getting an additional hairpiece although its hard to tell which mold it is - the POTC ponytail, the Collectable Minifigure ponytail or the new bun piece the CM bride uses?

Pretty disapointed Padawan Obi-Wan is unchanged. He would look a lot better if he kept the previous face from the podracer set and had the same hairpiece as Hawkeye. Hopefully the head is dual printed with a better expression.

Some of the sets look pretty odd, though. I really can't understand the reasoning behind yet ANOTHER Jedi starfighter. It was never a compelling design to begin with, so why do we need eight different versions? I don't mind updates of more iconic ships, like the X-Wing, because it's great to see improved versions of such a recognizable design. But this? Why?

I also don't really understand the KOTOR ships, either. Although I love the Sith Interceptor, the other two (including the exclusive) look like something out of Gradius rather than Star Wars. The figs are nice, but they just don't feel Star-Wars-y to me at all. At least the Interceptor bears resemblance to the Empire's aesthetics.

I can almost understand the previous few A7B Jedi Starfighters. Anakins is a given, figures prominently. Ashoka's is a major element of at least one major story arc in the show. Plus it is really the only girl centered ship that had been made. ( the only other is Sugi's bounty hunter ship.) so some worthwhile dynamics happening there. Plo Koon's is a distinctive ship that shows up early and frequently throughout the show. Mace Windu's shows up in one of the fan liked story arcs, featuring the return of Boba Fett, and is most known for the scene flying over the wreckage of the Crashed Venator. So big visual recognition there.

But now we come to Saesee Tin's... Ummm whaaaaa? Does his ship even appear in TCW?

And?

Are there three TOR ships? I thought there were just the two? The Sith Fury and the Republic Striker?

Wow, all of the minifigures look great but the sets all seem lacking. Well, it looks like I'll have money for some of the other great new themes, as I think I'll just be buying minifigures from Star Wars. Though, the skiff and the fighter look pretty good.

Thanks again, Mr G!

I'm collecting the planets, CW Jedi figs (although Even Piell doesn't look great) and clones (not that there are any this wave... :angry: ) + minifigs & sets I really like. Sith Interceptor looks like a winner to me, I hadn't even considered it before. I'm not made of money so I will BL a handful of minifigs instead of buying all the sets that look good:sad:... (Besides, LOTR :wub: !!! and Monster Fighters)

Has anyone else noticed that all 3 of the planets are OT? I don't think that's a good move, as there aren't many left for future waves. PT & CW have umpteen million planets to choose from but OT only had 7, one of which is used up by EpI. What's left? Dagobah & Hoth. (I can't see Alderaan having an OT theme)

@Faefrost: Saesee Tiin flew his JSF in for the rescue of Even Piell et al from the prison citadel. The arc where Anakin & Tarkin become friendly.

Those look cool, especially the new star wars ones. I think that X-wing was released as a polybag without the planet a few years ago though... LEGO needs to make those planets without printing and use them in other themes, I can think of loads of uses.

(Quote taken from General thread that was closed)

I just wanted to say, if the planets weren't printed, wouldn't that pretty much ruin the whole gimmick(for lack of a better word at the moment) of the planet sets in the first place? That's the point to the series. You get a ship from the planet/where the ship was seen.

I just wanted to say, if the planets weren't printed, wouldn't that pretty much ruin the whole gimmick(for lack of a better word at the moment) of the planet sets in the first place? That's the point to the series. You get a ship from the planet/where the ship was seen.

I think he meant that the pieces themselves are somewhat versatile as dome pieces, and that he wants TLG to make them in standard colors without prints for use in other themes/sets.

I think he meant that the pieces themselves are somewhat versatile as dome pieces, and that he wants TLG to make them in standard colors without prints for use in other themes/sets.

I'm sure we will start seeing the domes and globes put to good use now that Lego has the basic molds. I can see them being used as LP Gas storage tanks for the City and Train based sets. Plus lots of uses in SciFi themes.

Thanks for posting the better pics GRogall. All the sets are looking very good. The CW Padme minifig looks a little better than it did at Toy Fair. Personally I think the combination of the CW style face and choice of hair piece don't go together.

Honestly? It's not the minifig. Padme's face in the Clone Wars show is very off putting and odd. She suffers the worst in the big head animation style, and ends up looking like a grotesque Gerry Anderson puppet. Moreso than any other character.

D'oh! Now that you mention that and I reread the comment... :facepalm::wall: I see I misread it. When he mentioned other themes, I thought he meant MOCs.

Edited by Legocrazy81

I prefer the old trilogy figs they are the best take th new planet sets and compare them to padme

I prefer the old trilogy figs they are the best take th new planet sets and compare them to padme

Wow... so many nice figures!

Is that a new face for Han in the Palace? He looks kind of paralysed. The Malevolence is also smaller than I first thought (yay!).

The planet sets are nice, but all of the planets look a bit off. The marbling is okay on Bespin, but looks really weird on Yavin IV. The halves don't even fit together that well...

As for the Jedi Starfighter, I don't mind more. I have three at the moment, and I might be the only person that'd be happy if Anakin's was rereleased. :tongue:

I'll be getting Jabba's Palace & the Desert Skiff for sure, as well as the Endor planet set (I need an At-St driver for the At-St from the Battle of Endor set), but I can't say any of the ships look too interesting.

I'll be interested to see what Palpatine's Arrest looks like.

The one thing that surprises me is that despite LEGO skimping on figs in other themes like City and despite LEGO continuing to tell everyone just how expensive minifigs are (and how expensive new minifigs are), they still put liberal amounts of minifigs (and new ones at that) in Star Wars sets.

Why can Star Wars get away with so many minifigs (and so many new ones) when City gets shafted with e.g. 2 figs in a set that really should have 3 or 3 in a set that should have 4 or whatever?

Thanks for the photos GRogall!

Jabba's Palace & the Skiff are starting to grow on me, which probably means that I'll buy them at some point.

I really like the new AT-ST driver & Lobot :wub: although he looks a bit too serious...perhaps it's the stress of running Cloud City!

Has anyone else noticed that all 3 of the planets are OT? I don't think that's a good move, as there aren't many left for future waves. PT & CW have umpteen million planets to choose from but OT only had 7, one of which is used up by EpI. What's left? Dagobah & Hoth. (I can't see Alderaan having an OT theme)

It makes sense to put out OT planets now because they want to save the PT planets for when the movies come out. For example, the next winter wave will likely be Kamino, Coruscant, and Geonosis to coincide with Episode II 3D.

Alderaan will definitely be made, it's actually the best planet for this line as it blows up and that can now be reenacted.

It makes sense to put out OT planets now because they want to save the PT planets for when the movies come out. For example, the next winter wave will likely be Kamino, Coruscant, and Geonosis to coincide with Episode II 3D.

Alderaan will definitely be made, it's actually the best planet for this line as it blows up and that can now be reenacted.

What vehicle/figure would they release with that set? Only thing i can think of is the Millennium Falcon since it was travelling there :sceptic:

Love how Jabba's Palace looks. Don't really buy the Star Wars sets any more but that is a pretty cool setup