hjmediastudios

Space Marines!

I'm wondering if there would be any way to possibly make some sort of purple version of the armor. Space Airforce maybe?

Special Ops, perhaps?

You, sir, have some serious skills. TLG should not only make this theme, they should also hire you as a minifig designer!

Special Ops, perhaps?

A great idea! That would give LEGO an excuse to actually make purple figs and would mean that we might get purple vehicles as exclusive sets too!

To appease some of the people here, could you please post a space army fig?

Edited by Jakon

The vehicles are excellent, I may try to whip them up with some real bricks and populate them with the S7 figure. Such great designs. :thumbup:

I did get the files in blender but my PC can't seem to render them too well.

Just went over to CUUSOO, signed up and supported this project. This would be perfect to continue a non license space theme for Lego. Brilliant work and I will continue to look in at your progress and the evolution of this theme. Good luck to you and your creation sir.

The vehicles are excellent, I may try to whip them up with some real bricks and populate them with the S7 figure. Such great designs. :thumbup:

I did get the files in blender but my PC can't seem to render them too well.

Are you using Cycles? You need to unpack the images before rendering. It might be that your computer is just slow- I haven't tried rendering them on another computer.

Just went over to CUUSOO, signed up and supported this project. This would be perfect to continue a non license space theme for Lego. Brilliant work and I will continue to look in at your progress and the evolution of this theme. Good luck to you and your creation sir.

Much appreciated!

Are you using Cycles? You need to unpack the images before rendering. It might be that your computer is just slow- I haven't tried rendering them on another computer.

I have no idea how to do that. :grin: Do you plan on working on instructions for your other models?

I have no idea how to do that. :grin: Do you plan on working on instructions for your other models?

Go to File>External Data>Unpack into Files. If a menu pops up, select the first item. Restart Blender and it should render fine on any version of Blender above 2.62. (Note that I used a CUDA GPU, so in the Render Settings panel you might want to set the render device as "CPU.") If that doesn't work, send me a PM with some details of your computer and I'll send you a Space Marines .blend file specially set up for your computer.

And yes, I'm currently working on some APC instructions. It's really a neat little build; my little cousins are really into it and want to keep playing with it.

Other news: I just ordered $200 worth of stuff of Bricklink, including a full platoon of Series 7 Galaxy Patrol figures. Totally unrelated news: I also ordered a sheet of miscellaneous custom decals and some specially-mixed red modeling paint. No relevance to Space Marines. None at all.

Other news: I just ordered $200 worth of stuff of Bricklink, including a full platoon of Series 7 Galaxy Patrol figures. Totally unrelated news: I also ordered a sheet of miscellaneous custom decals and some specially-mixed red modeling paint. No relevance to Space Marines. None at all.

:excited: Can't wait for pictures!

Why is this not frontpaged? The Modular Western Town is up yet again, but this has only been up once (?).

Nothing against the MWT, but I think that this 1. Needs more exposure, as it could become a very popular theme, and

2. Would be more popular than the MWT, as Western as a genre seems to be dying. Sci-Fi is now quite popular, and a theme such as "Space Marines!" would be a better risk for TLG.

Go to File>External Data>Unpack into Files. If a menu pops up, select the first item. Restart Blender and it should render fine on any version of Blender above 2.62. (Note that I used a CUDA GPU, so in the Render Settings panel you might want to set the render device as "CPU.") If that doesn't work, send me a PM with some details of your computer and I'll send you a Space Marines .blend file specially set up for your computer.

And yes, I'm currently working on some APC instructions. It's really a neat little build; my little cousins are really into it and want to keep playing with it.

Alright thanks, I'll see what I can do. :sweet: Great!

Wow, how many is a platoon?

I don't know if you've heard of this but that shot of the Marines dropping from space reminded me of Section 8. (Great game, quite like Starship troopers)

Why is this not frontpaged? The Modular Western Town is up yet again, but this has only been up once (?).

Only mods can frontpage stuff. See any of them here?

Marines dropping from space reminded me of Section 8.

Only mods can frontpage stuff. See any of them here?

1. Um. . . Section 8? :look::wacko:

2. My comment was directed at the Mods, though I should have stated that explicitly.

1. Um. . . Section 8? :look::wacko:

2. My comment was directed at the Mods, though I should have stated that explicitly.

Did you not see the video?

Oh gotcha.

Wow, how many is a platoon?

Squad: 4 guys + sergeant.

Platoon: 3 squads + lieutenant.

That's just how I've always done it.

So 16 guys, quite a number! I can't wait to see it! :wub:

Wow, that's quite few men. In the Portuguese Army, it's:

1 fire team = 5 men.

1 squad = 2 fire teams.

1 platoon = 3 squads.

A company = 3 platoons.

I'm well aware of how it's really done. Thing is, I developed this system with my earliest minifigs- stormtroopers. At the time, they were few and far between, so my units are tiny.

This project is looking great. It would be even better if people could look at the first post for all your updates, and that way keep track of how it's progressing. :thumbup:

This project is looking great. It would be even better if people could look at the first post for all your updates, and that way keep track of how it's progressing. :thumbup:

Good point. I think I'll do that.

Great-looking marines, although why not simply use the same armor/helmet as the Galaxy Patrol CMF?

If you were to hit 10,000 and LEGO agreed to make it, I would personally think LEGO would demand that they want to use the Galaxy Patrol's gear since they already have molds for them. The fewer new molds they'd have to make, the higher the chance to get it approved, I would think!