Sign in to follow this  
Sam892

Problems with superheroes parts ?

I have my instructions and boxes but what else counts as proof of purchase and how do I get them to Lego once I have emailed them. Also I would hold of from getting any more superheroes until the next shippment but I want to get the Hulk promo and need to spend £50 to get him.

Oh, wow. I hadn't seen this thread in my earlier perusing. Now I have to get home to check... the couple of sets I bought remain unopened on my shelf. I also just made a deal for a trade for a couple of new superhero figures.

Thanks guys! How am I supposed to concentrate on work for the rest of the day knowing I might have a cracked minifigure languishing in it's box at home? And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

I have my instructions and boxes but what else counts as proof of purchase and how do I get them to Lego once I have emailed them. Also I would hold of from getting any more superheroes until the next shippment but I want to get the Hulk promo and need to spend £50 to get him.

At the back of the instructions there is a number beginning with "6" or "7" I believe.

:sceptic: Let's hope this is temporary. I haven't bought any of the superheroes sets but did plan on getting some of the figs. As I buy loose figs, I guess I'll have to be extra careful. :sceptic: Thanks for the warnings from all you people though.

I ordered the Helicarrier set from Target and the Hulk was missing a hand and the Hawkeye minifig's hand was broken. So I informed LEGO and received the a complete Hulk and a Hawkeye torso assembly in about 10 calendar days...

Edited by typo

This is very interesting.. :sceptic:

I have yet to buy any of the superhero sets and I might as well wait now...

All the complaints seem to be of the Marvel line, how about DC?

This is very interesting.. :sceptic:

I have yet to buy any of the superhero sets and I might as well wait now...

All the complaints seem to be of the Marvel line, how about DC?

When the DC line came out I remember seeing some pictures of cracked parts but I haven't heard about any for a few months now.

I had a small piece missing from my batcave set, went through the online form and they're sending me the piece.

I just emailed lego about my faulty parts and am waiting a rely. Looks like the sets just weren't on the data base a couple of days ago. I haven't bothered with Captain America's shield as I will most likely get a few more of them sets for the aliens. I did tell them about Iron-man as even though I will most likely get another cosmic cube I was hoping to sell the figs on ebay to get some cash back.

Yay! My parts arrived yesterday in the post and they are much better quality than my previous ones. LEGO said they dispatched the parts from a Danish warehouse. I don't know if this means they were made in Denmark or were just sent there. Still I'm very happy with the parts although I'm still a bit paranoid and am constantly checking Iron-man's heels everyday. Lastly I was quite surprised when I opened the bag that LEGO had sent me a whole helmet instead if just the face plate. Anyway thanks everyone for your help over the last few weeks :classic:

I forgot to post about it, but I ordered the replacement hair for Wolverine and the replacement head for the Alien Footsoldier. Heck, they even let me order a replacement sticker sheet for the Town Plan set, in which the stickers I have with it have been cracked due to sun damage!

I was just looking at all my figs again and relaized that every single alien footsoldier has bad head printing. When the face is looking forward the back is slightly off centered. Since they look kind of messed up to begin with I do not really mind, just thought it was kind of interesting that all 5 or 6 were the same way :hmpf_bad:

I was just looking at all my figs again and relaized that every single alien footsoldier has bad head printing. When the face is looking forward the back is slightly off centered. Since they look kind of messed up to begin with I do not really mind, just thought it was kind of interesting that all 5 or 6 were the same way :hmpf_bad:

If they're all the same...don't you think your eyes are just playing with your mind? Reading this thread could definitely make you think you're seeing something you're not...

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, as I don't have any cracks or anything wrong with mine*knock on wood*. I haven't checked them since I bought them though. Maybe I ought to have a second look.

This must be a regional thing- I have the entire Marvel line and 20 Chitauri footsoldiers off Bricklink, and every minifig, bar none, is of great quality. I did have a problem with cracking in a few 1x1 round tiles, but luckily there were replacements included in the set.

After reading this thread, it started getting me worried about all of my figures. Fortunately, none of them have any signs of cracking or bad printing. I have had issues with missing pieces in random sets, but luckily nothing with the SuperHero figures themselves. I have had issues with Star Wars printing before though and customer service was very hesitant to send me a replacement part.

Yay! My parts arrived yesterday in the post and they are much better quality than my previous ones. LEGO said they dispatched the parts from a Danish warehouse. I don't know if this means they were made in Denmark or were just sent there. Still I'm very happy with the parts although I'm still a bit paranoid and am constantly checking Iron-man's heels everyday. Lastly I was quite surprised when I opened the bag that LEGO had sent me a whole helmet instead if just the face plate. Anyway thanks everyone for your help over the last few weeks :classic:

How did you Iron man heels crack? Were the blue cylinders plugged in? Mine has the blue cylinders plugged in ever since I bought it and no cracking so far.

How did you Iron man heels crack? Were the blue cylinders plugged in? Mine has the blue cylinders plugged in ever since I bought it and no cracking so far.

I have no idea how the heals cracked he did have the blue cylinders in but he was just standing on the shelf. The only thing that could have cracked the heels are the cylinders but the new legs are fine and don't have even a scratch.

My Iron Man from Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape has a either a crack or a stress mark inside the leg where the leg snaps on to the waist piece.

I have no idea how the heals cracked he did have the blue cylinders in but he was just standing on the shelf. The only thing that could have cracked the heels are the cylinders but the new legs are fine and don't have even a scratch.

Hmm odd. So i suppose the cracked heels were not there when you first put him together and at some point you checked and it was cracked?

This must be a regional thing- I have the entire Marvel line and 20 Chitauri footsoldiers off Bricklink, and every minifig, bar none, is of great quality. I did have a problem with cracking in a few 1x1 round tiles, but luckily there were replacements included in the set.

Good point. Maybe we should see if we can pinpoint where this might be happening. How about post where you're from and if you have fig problems and which fig?

I'll start- I'm in California, USA and I have zero issues. I also have all Marvel sets.

I'm from the northeastern United States, Connecticut/Massachusetts area and only have problems with my Iron Man fig.

The rest are fine.

If they're all the same...don't you think your eyes are just playing with your mind? Reading this thread could definitely make you think you're seeing something you're not...

I hope you are right but when I look at the General it seems everything is in line, plus I ordered some foot soldiers through bricklink so I do not know if it is a regional thing. Maybe I will try to get some pictures up at some point and hope maybe I am just being crazy from reading this thread! :look:

One thing I know for sure though is that Cap's shield has some bad misprint with the white ring around the star is a little off but I really don't mind.

Hmm odd. So i suppose the cracked heels were not there when you first put him together and at some point you checked and it was cracked?

The only thing I can think of is that the legos has a line running from top to bottom on both legs. It looks like the lines that you get on gold bricks like C-3po. The cracks appeared at the bottom of the lines about a 4 days after I bought the set and by the time a week had gone by they had cracked the whole way though.

Good point. Maybe we should see if we can pinpoint where this might be happening. How about post where you're from and if you have fig problems and which fig?

I'll start- I'm in California, USA and I have zero issues. I also have all Marvel sets.

I'm from England UK and out of the 4 marvel sets I own 3 of them have had problems. The only one so have which has been fine (touch wood) is The Hulks helicarrier breakout. The figs I've had problems with are Iron-mans legs and helmet, Wolverines legs (extermely loose hinges) and hair and Captain Americas shield.

I'm from Nebraska (central USA) and I own most of the DC wave and most of the Marvel wave. The DC was purchased fairly local whereas the Marvel sets were ordered from S@H. So far everything is in perfect condition, printing and pieces. So it is tough to say if it is a regional thing or not.