Sign in to follow this  
Nom Carver

slave one: made to be mixed

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Every slave one that has been designed had considerable improvements, however on its latest incarnation had also some disadvantages such as the dark red pieces and others but with the combination of 6209 and 8097 and a few more pieces I built this variant that kept me very satisfied

Replaced the red with brown pieces

6961917298_76fff90bbb.jpg

P4220710 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Non rotating cockpit

7107985993_4919d77a48.jpg

P4220709 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Rocket compartment

6961914154_8f643b35dc.jpg

P4220703 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Rear access door

7107984087_f283c0e322.jpg

P4220697 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

And all mechanisms removed to make it more sturdy (rockets and flick fire missiles), now is like a flying stone

7107959795_d70950ed63.jpg

P4220614 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Comments and Criticism are welcome

Thanks everybody!, it's not like the best but indeed is as much as can be done starting with the official sets

nice idea - I've basically run out of space, so combining my three Slave Ones into a single Greatest Hits compilation might be an idea to save some room :sweet:

I rage a little inside every time I see those big dark green curve pieces. I had those months before anyone else, and I was the only person on the planet who had them, and then they went and put it in the Slave I. :hmpf_bad:

That being said, It is really nice. My one gripe is...well...the dark green curves. :tongue: Call me biased, but I prefer the method used on 6209 a lot better. If only those parts came in Dark Green (instead of the parts from my Pod! :tongue: )

Indeed, mixing, combining, and improving your sets with their older versions will save you a lot of space and make your shelf look beter, I dont get the completists, lego was made to be combined and transformed

I also did not like the idea of the curved pieces until I replaced them, you can compare their looks here

6796992127_8d961f1a46.jpg

P310112_12.40 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

I rage a little inside every time I see those big dark green curve pieces. I had those months before anyone else, and I was the only person on the planet who had them, and then they went and put it in the Slave I. :hmpf_bad:

Erm... why is this a problem? :hmpf:

I've been planning to do something like this myself, using aspects from the designs of each of the last three minifigure-scale sets of the Slave I. As it happens, I've somehow managed to get each of the four official minifigure versions, and the second is definitely a huge improvement over the first, but the relative strengths and weaknesses of that second and the two after it are harder to figure (well, aside from the last two using the Episode V color scheme rather than the Episode II one from the second version :wink: ).

Edited by Blondie-Wan

...I dont get the completists, lego was made to be combined and transformed

If you paid a premium for an older set you'd probably be a little completist as well.

Great! You have best Slave I i have ever seen :laugh:

Seriously... This is incredible I may need to take a shot at this as well. Sweet work, thanks for sharing. This one is definitely one of the best modifications/MOCs I have seen. Nice work.

If you have any doubts regarding to the inner workings of the wings, the rear hatch or the rocket storage I can take a few more photos

Erm... why is this a problem? :hmpf:

They were "exclusive" parts from this one-of-a-kind promo set I have. The guy who won this Pod got dark blue 2x4 tiles well before the Droid Tri-Fighter was released.

I have to say, I'm a bit relieved to find I wasn't the only one who got stiffed a bit on the "exclusivity" of the exclusive bricks, now! :laugh:

With the combination of 6209 and 8097 and a few more pieces I built this variant that kept me very satisfied.

What... no bits of 7144 :hmpf_bad:.

The combination of the two looks great.

Very nice! :thumbup: I have neither of the sets but I think you did a great job combining the two.

They were "exclusive" parts from this one-of-a-kind promo set I have. The guy who won this Pod got dark blue 2x4 tiles well before the Droid Tri-Fighter was released.

I have to say, I'm a bit relieved to find I wasn't the only one who got stiffed a bit on the "exclusivity" of the exclusive bricks, now! :laugh:

Again, I have to say, how is this a problem? Your bricks didn't disappear when other people got theirs, did they? Isn't it a good thing if more bricks are widely available to more people?

Again, I have to say, how is this a problem? Your bricks didn't disappear when other people got theirs, did they? Isn't it a good thing if more bricks are widely available to more people?

People in general like having things that others don't. They also don't like paying a high price for something "rare", only for it to become not rare and therefore cheapened. This topic has been covered extensively in the UCS remake thread.

Edited by StoutFiles

First, red and green makes the slave look like a christmas tree, second, that kind of thinking is kind of selfish, its pointless to pay insane prices for unique bricks or accesories

Edited by Nom Carver