Sign in to follow this  
Rumble Strike

Heroica RPG - Quest 32: The Lost Children

"Excluding the keep, there appears to be nothing else of notable value here. I'm afraid we WILL have to go out in the open - wherever the sounds take us.

No-one answers Erik, his voice carrying on the wind... overhead a winged creature swoops down and lands in front of the keep.

6967909116_3e8d22e30a_b.jpg

A winged Unicorn stands in front of the heroes defiantly. It stares at the heroes, whinnies a challenges and prepares to charge!

Prepare for battle!

6967909154_289e9fc975_m.jpg

Peggy

Level 4 Flying Monster

Health 30/30

Special 1: Wing Stun - Peggy uses her wings to stun her attacker for the next round

Special 2: Gore - Peggy uses her horn to gore her attacker, inflicting 5 damage

QM Note:- Specials will alternate

Drops: Parasol (Quest Item), 50 gold

Party

av-27305.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr
, Level 1 Barbarian (Myrddyn)

18 years old male human

Power: 4

Health: 8/8

Gold: 10

Inventory: Axe (WP:3), Potion x2, Mead

zTI3J.png

Sorrow
, Level 1 Rogue (Endgame) **Party Leader**

Health: 7/7

Inventory: Scythe (WP:3) Potion x2, Venom

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura
, Level 1 Rogue (zakura)

21 years old Female Human

Gold: 0

Inventory: Black Katana(WP:3), Potion x2, Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb

heroica_avatar.jpg

Nagure
, Level 1 Barbarian (Costy)

34 Year old male Yeti

Inventory: Club (WP: 3), Potion x2, Bottle of Mead

ava-drake.jpg

Drake Flamerobe
, Level 1 Knight (xxlrocka)

39 year old male human

Health: 10/10

Gold: 5

Inventory: Torch(WP:3), Shield(SP:2), Potion x2

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

Edited by Rumble Strike

Erik prepares to swing his axe at the unicorn from the front row, but first he says "Hello Mrs Peggy, why are you attacking us?"

OOC: Because you invaded the realm of sanctuary, as discussed by the two statues.

Edited by Rumble Strike

Fair enough. I was just trying to avoid a fight, although I'm not surprised I can't.

Mizuki slices at the unicorn from the front row

OOC: Can we reason with the unicorn to stop attacking us ?

Mizuki slices at the unicorn from the front row

OOC: Can we reason with the unicorn to stop attacking us ?

Erik says to no-one in particular "I don't believe we can reason with this unicorn because we invaded the realm of sanctuary. We could perhaps try to get information of it about the children, but without anyone fluent in unicorn (ranger) i don't think it will understand us."

speaking to no-one in particular because zakura spoke out of character.

Nagure hits Peggy from the front row.

It's not a unicorn, its a Pegasus. That's why it has wings and is flying.

Attack order doesn't really even matter at this juncture, so...

Battle order

Sorrow

Eric

Mizuki

Nagure

Flamerobe

I will attack "Peggy" from the front row with my scythe.

speaking to no-one in particular because zakura spoke out of character.

OOC:Maybe we could draw a picture message using drawings of what we want and give it to the unicorn.

OOC:Maybe we could draw a picture message using drawings of what we want and give it to the unicorn.

OOC: Maybe we just kill it.

Drake attacks with his torch from the back row!

You chicken, attack from the front so you can do more damage.

You chicken, attack from the front so you can do more damage.

"Nah. I don't want to....oh, fine."

Drake attacks with his torch from the front row!

Quick explanation, Mr flamerobe. Because of your shield you will take the same damage from the front row as everyone will else from the back row. You also have more health than any of us. it will take 5 hits from Mrs Peggy to knock you out. You have two potions, so make that 13. With luck, by myself I could incapacitate Mrs Peggy in 3 hits. You are currently perfectly safe in the front row.

Also, I don't think this is a good start to being good and honourable heroes. We have so far broken into a house, stolen those potions, and trespassed on a unicorns/pegasus territory, and now we are going to attack it because it has tried to stop us. I suggest we try to just incapacitate it rather than kill it, because unless this creature has personally kidnapped the children which I doubt we are the bad people here.

Also, I don't think this is a good start to being good and honourable heroes. We have so far broken into a house, stolen those potions, and trespassed on a unicorns/pegasus/alicorn/flying horse with a horn territory, and now we are going to attack it because it has tried to stop us. I suggest we try to just incapacitate it rather than kill it, because unless this creature has personally kidnapped the children which I doubt we are the bad people here.

Who cares? I'm only in it for the Gold. And the fun of killing silly unicorns/pegasus/alicorn/flying horse with a horn thingys. Anyway, we're using those items to rescue children so everything is okay.

OOC: Nice roleplay, Myrddyn. If any of you read up on Quest#13, the first Quest I hosted, you'll know I do like to try and perhaps challenge the "he's a good guy and he's a bad guy" thing by introducing more shades of grey. Anyway, let's kick off your first battle!

Round One of the Pegasus Guardian Battle

Sorrow vs Peggy - Damage

Erik vs Peggy - Hit

Mizuki vs Peggy - Miss

Nagure vs Peggy - Shield (Battle Frenzy)

Flamerobe vs Peggy - Shield (Sentinel)

The new heroes start their first ever battle, against a difficult opponent. Sorrow aims his scythe at the pegasus, but she manages to lean out of the path of the blow and retaliate with a quick hoof into the corpse's ribcage (-4). The burly Barbarian Erik then lands a solid blow with his axe, cutting into the white flank of the pegasus (-4). Mizuki tries and fails to hit with her katana, whilst the Yeti Nagure riles himself up into a frenzy, unfortunately there is only one opponent to be damaged, and Peggy takes another blow (-4). Finally Drake Flamerobe raises aloft his shield and protects them from any damage the next turn.

The battle continues!

Peggy

Level 4 Flying Monster

Health 22/30

Special 1: Wing Stun - Peggy uses her wings to stun her attacker for the next round

Party

av-27305.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr
, Level 1 Barbarian (Myrddyn)

18 years old male human

zTI3J.png

Sorrow
, Level 1 Rogue (Endgame) **Party Leader**

Health: 3/7

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura
, Level 1 Rogue (zakura)

Gold: 0

heroica_avatar.jpg

Nagure
, Level 1 Barbarian (Costy)

34 Year old male Yeti

ava-drake.jpg

Drake Flamerobe
, Level 1 Knight (xxlrocka)

39 year old male human

Health: 10/10

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

Erik sees the pegasus' blood drip down his axe blade, and starts to lose himself in the battle, abandoning some of his previous concern about morals. However, he still regains enough control to call to Sorrow "Might be wise to hide in the back row hang Back a bit so you don't get knocked out. And I'd appreciate it if I loose control you could stop me before I kill this creature. Although it still looks dangerous, so I will continue to attack the pegasus from the front row with my axe."

OOC: Thanks, I did read quest 13, though this quest is trying to help kidnapped children, so I don't currently think that this 'Maginastra' is a good/goodish guy. Just the unicorn. Maybe the armour and lion statue too.

Mizuki prays to Mercrutio and slashes the unicorn from the front row

Erik sees the pegasus' blood drip down his axe blade, and starts to lose himself in the battle, abandoning some of his previous concern about morals. However, he still regains enough control to call to Sorrow "Might be wise to hide in the back row hang Back a bit so you don't get knocked out. And I'd appreciate it if I loose control you could stop me before I kill this creature. Although it still looks dangerous, so I will continue to attack the pegasus from the front row with my axe."

OOC: Thanks, I did read quest 13, though this quest is trying to help kidnapped children, so I don't currently think that this 'Maginastra' is a good/goodish guy. Just the unicorn. Maybe the armour and lion statue too.

Sorrow can attack from the front row because Drake's sentinel power will defend us from all strikes.

Sorrow can attack from the front row because Drake's sentinel power will defend us from all strikes.

Erik pauses, shakes his head, and says "Of course, silly me." :laugh:

He then goes back to what he was doing.

"I shall protect you!" Drake yelled to the team. "And meanwhile, I shall try to land a hit on this pegasus/winged unicorn/alicorn."

Drake attacks with his torch from the front row!

Accursed horse. The thing nearly hit me in the heart, the little vermin.

Same battle order! I attack from the front row with my scythe.

"Also, Eric I can see what you mean. But we are currently being backed by the guard captain, meaning we have a search warrant. We tried to get sufficient warning form the statues, then this... Peggy just decided to attack us. Plus, it is incredibly likely some or all of the children are here, so I an hardly see this being dishonorable."

Edited by Endgame

Round Two of the Pegasus Guardian Battle

Sorrow vs Peggy - Miss

Erik vs Peggy - Hit

Mizuki vs Peggy - Shield (Mug)

Nagure vs Peggy - Extra Critical Hit

Flamerobe vs Peggy - Damage

The heroes begin the next wave of attacks, knowing that Drake's shield would protect them from harm. This has a galvanising affect on the party, for although Sorrow swings and misses with his scythe, Erik once again damages the Pegasus (-4), the creature whinnies in constrnation, allowing Mizuki to not only deal a savage blow with her katana (-10), but also find 10 gold underneath a small piece of moss on the follow-through.

Nagure wades in again with another big hit of his club (-10), and Peggy drops to the ground, unconcious.

The battle is victorious! The party all gain one level!

Peggy

Level 4 Flying Monster

Health 0/30

Party

av-27305.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr
, Level 2 Barbarian (Myrddyn)

18 years old male human

Power: 5

Health: 9/9

zTI3J.png

Sorrow
, Level 2 Rogue (Endgame) **Party Leader**

Health: 3/8

Mizuki Kimura
, Level 2 Rogue (zakura)

heroica_avatar.jpg

Nagure
, Level 2 Barbarian (Costy)

34 Year old male Yeti

Health: 9/9

ava-drake.jpg

Drake Flamerobe
, Level 2 Knight (xxlrocka)

39 year old male human

Health: 11/11

Drops:

heroica-sixcoins.jpg 50 gold

7113987315_5e3ce51c66_m.jpg Parasol (Quest Item)

Party Leader, please divide the spoils.

The party hear the sounds of children playing getting louder, and three of them burst out of the keep.

6978168880_9a9037da49_m.jpg (only one child pictured, styles and designs may vary)

The party has rescued three of the missing children.