Sign in to follow this  
Rumble Strike

Heroica RPG - Quest 32: The Lost Children

OOC: Sorry, couldn't find the quest topic. Stats look good.

IC:Erik walks over to the suit of armour and says "I agree with Mr Sorrow. Why should we leave? Can we have more information?

He then turns to Drake and calls "Hey, do you think your diplomacy skills would be any help here?"

The edit was just fixing grammar and bolding

Edited by Myrddyn

OOC: Sorry, couldn't find the quest topic. Stats look good.

IC:Erik walks over to the suit of armour and says "I agree with Mr Sorrow. Why should we leave? Can we have more information?

He then turns to Drake and calls "Hey, do you think your diplomacy skills would be any help here?"

The edit was just fixing grammar and bolding

Drake shouted back. "I'll try!"

Drake tries to use diplomacy on the suit of armour!

OOC:If you think I spelt armour wrong, I didn't. I'm from england.

With Drake talking to the suit of armour, Erik turns to the lion head carving on the wall and tries talking to it.

:laugh:

OOC: Im from australia and we spell armour the same way.

With Drake talking to the suit of armour, Erik turns to the lion head carving on the wall and tries talking to it.

OOC: Im from australia and we spell armour the same way.

OOC:I can see from looking at zakura's post about investigating the armour.

You do realise you are trying to talk to a statue of a Lion? Have you had too much to drink? What type of Barbarian are you if you cannot handle your alcohol.

Where is the noise from the children coming from?

You do realise you are trying to talk to a statue of a Lion? Have you had too much to drink? What type of Barbarian are you if you cannot handle your alcohol.

Drake, while trying to use diplomacy, said"I know barbarians and I know they like to drink lots of alcohol. The statue probably does talk. I remember a time when I saw a talking statue, long before I landed in eubric."

Drake, while trying to use diplomacy, said"I know barbarians and I know they like to drink lots of alcohol. The statue probably does talk. I remember a time when I saw a talking statue, long before I landed in eubric."

Still, statues talking are not normal from where I come from. If you said a statue talked to you, you would be banished from the village. My Uncle got banished for saying a chicken talked to him about the weather.

Still, statues talking are not normal from where I come from. If you said a statue talked to you, you would be banished from the village. My Uncle got banished for saying a chicken talked to him about the weather.

"If I said that and I was banished, I wouldn't leave without a fight. That's how I roll. If all else fails, I fight."Drake said, still trying to use diplomacy even though he never tried using it before.

Edited by xxlrocka

"If I said that and I was banished, I wouldn't leave without a fight. That's how I roll. If all else fails, I fight."Drake said, still trying to use diplomacy even though he never tried using it before.

Right, you try doing that to fifty Yetis who want you out of their village. If he didn't go, he would have been killed and his head would be mounted on spear in the middle of the village. His body would have been fed to the dogs as scrap meat. His bones thrown away without a proper burial.

Edited by Costy

"Well, the suit of armour spoke to us - it told us to leave. Didn't you hear it? And, of course, the mansion appeared overnight. Sure, maybe their is someone inside the suit of armour, and maybe the mansion was built by an army of people who were somehow able to transport all the materials here and assemble them into this building in a night and grow the plants on the wall, also in a night. Maybe the statue won't answer me. Or maybe their is some kind of strange technology or magic going on here."

Erik is silent for a moment, then says: "I hope the building stays here. If it appeared magically overnight for the children to come into, maybe it will go somewhere else magically now the children are inside." He goes over and drags the table next to the door on the left to wedge the door leading outside open, before inspecting the round thing on the wall between the doors on the right.

Edited by Myrddyn

OOC: I leave you guys alone for a few hours and you're trashing the place! I will try to respond to the posts you have made, if I miss an action, I apologise. This post could get a bit messy but I will try to add some semblence of flow to it, as you are all off doing different things. xxlrocka, try to stick to one action and see what the response is. You can't talk diplomatically to the Knight whilst at the same time opening a door, the game doesn't work that way. Think about your actions and then see what consequences they have before deciding to do something else. That goes for everyone else too. I'll handle it now, but in future, if you wish to carry out an action it is polite to see what the reaction is. Thanks!

Hlin looked worried as the heroes suddenly bustled around the hall, quite unlike their journey to Ve'er when they were mostly uncommunicative.

7113987297_c5a161e213_t.jpg

"Heroes, do not forget we are in a magical mansion that only appeared several days ago. I advise some measure of caution here! Running around all over the place is perhaps not the wisest course of action. What if we all get split up? We do not know what awaits us."

The knight moves awkwardly, its helmeted head tracking those closest to it. It answers the questions of Sorrow and the diplomatic advance from Drake in halting words, filled with rumbling menace.

7113987225_a967849944_t.jpg

You are outsiders. Not welcome here. In this sanctuary. The Maginastra does not need you. Only he is necessary.

Erik tries talking to the lion statue. To his (and the others) amazement, it too starts talking, in a growl.

6974880622_6e16f11428_b.jpg

Rooooar! Leave now! Before you anger the Guardians!

The attention-deficit addled Mizuki, after poking the Knight and getting him all riled up at the others, then calmly walks away and wanders across to the shelf:

6967908750_c7cde227cc_b.jpg

She finds 5 potions!

heroica-potion.jpgPotion x 5

Party Leader, please distribute the items.

Nagure, the Yeti Barbarian, heads to the right side of the room and looks at the shield on the wall:

7113987109_8fb4efab2c_b.jpg

It is an interesting depiction of a shark. With the mystery surrounding this mansion, is it merely art, or a warning?

The party see that the thick internal doors, like the windows they found outside, are mirrored so that they cannot see what's inside each room. The sounds of children playing is clearly heard in the hallway, but is not coming from the hall. Perhaps behind the doors?

Erik drags the small table across to the doorway behind them (not pictured at the angle of the shot), and tries to wedge the door open.

Hlin sees this and exlaims:

7113987297_c5a161e213_t.jpg

"Good thinking, hero! We must always be mindful of the need for an exit strategy. That was the kind of good idea I would come up with, if my thoughts did not dwell on my poor Vell."

Drake, unheeding of the dire warnings given by the statues of the Knight and Lion, decides to try to open the door on the left. He heaves at the door, and it opens. A bright white light shines out, obscuring any hint of what is in the room. The Knight and Lion speak in unison:

No! Do not enter the first realm of sanctuary! The Maginastra forbids it!

Rooooar! Foolish full grown humans! Always meddling in affairs they do not comprehend!

What will the party do?

I hand 1 potion to every single party member - one for each hero.

I look awkwardly at the armor.

"Sanctuary? Why would the children from the town be here... unless you are guarding them from something?"

Updated party with items distributed:

av-27305.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr
, Level 1 Barbarian (Myrddyn)

18 years old male human

Power: 4

Health: 8/8

Gold: 10

Inventory: Axe (WP:3), Potion x2, Mead

zTI3J.png

Sorrow
, Level 1 Rogue (Endgame) **Party Leader**

Health: 7/7

Inventory: Scythe (WP:3) Potion x2, Venom

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura
, Level 1 Rogue (zakura)

21 years old Female Human

Health: 7/7

Gold: 0

Inventory: Black Katana(WP:3), Potion x2, Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb

heroica_avatar.jpg

Nagure
, Level 1 Barbarian (Costy)

34 Year old male Yeti

Health: 8/8

Inventory: Club (WP: 3), Potion x2, Bottle of Mead

ava-drake.jpg

Drake Flamerobe
, Level 1 Knight (xxlrocka)

39 year old male human

Health: 10/10

Gold: 5

Inventory: Torch(WP:3), Shield(SP:2), Potion x2

The Knight Statue responds to Sorrow's questions in its usual halting style:

This is sanctuary. It is safe.

The armor's brief answers were a bit irritating. Then I remember that was what I was like 200 years ago.

"But what is there that threatens the children in this town? Normally, I would not intrude on your business, sirs. But I'm afraid I'm contracted, and I would like to earn my paycheck for this week."

The Knight Statue does not respond. Evidently it had given a necessary amount of warnings to the party and was not going to go into specifics.

OOC: Both statues have given you valuable information, if in a terse way. It is up to you guys to interpret them.

I turn to the heroes. Ugh, why couldn't this be just a simple "climb a tower, save princess on top from evil wizard" deal? Always cryptic supposed-to-be-inanimate objects complicating matters.

"I say we go in the "first realm" Flamerobe pryed open. We're running into dead ends with these two. Any other ideas?"

Just before the party enters into the "First Realm" Mizuki checks for any traps or trapdoors hidden under the rug.

OOC: Is the red part of the floor a rug?

Mizuki says to the others "This situation is reminding me of a story where a scientist kidnaps kids and experiments his poisons and chemical gases on them."

"Yay!" Drake said. "I've opened a door to some first realm! This reminds me of a time when I dreamt I was in a castle and I found a magic mirror from which you could not escape from. It was cool because I saw different fairy tale characters."

It's not a rug, it's just a different colour because I didn't have enough wood-coloured tiles to lead up to the stairs and the dark red matched the stair pieces.

As far as Mizuki can tell the darker floorboards are safe (not that she has a handy magnifying glass to spot traps).

The party gather at the door on the left, which had opened into a blinding white light. The Knight statue had called it "the first realm of sanctuary". Hlin assures the group that he will stay in the hallway to make sure nothing happens to the door.

Together, as one, the party walk into the light. Each member is disorientated for a split second, be they slight female ninja or burly Yeti.

Eyes blinking in the unnatural light, they see a curious scene:

7113987395_e8d5d8572a_b.jpg

They appear to be back outside, in a green glade, with a small keep in front of them. The sounds of children playing intensifies, although none can be seen. It does appear a peaceful place. They can also hear something approaching on powerful wings.

What will the party do?

"Quite unusual..."Drake said. "Hey, what do you all think we should do? I don't know what we should do. Maybe, just maybe, we could find the children by following the laughter."

"Quite unusual..."Drake said. "Hey, what do you all think we should do? I don't know what we should do. Maybe, just maybe, we could find the children by following the laughter."

" 'Maybe?' Drake, it's not a MAYBE if we were contracted specifically to find the children."

I walk towards the sound, while keeping a keen ear to see if the sound of wings ever gets any closer as we step towards the children.

" 'Maybe?' Drake, it's not a MAYBE if we were contracted specifically to find the children."

I walk towards the sound, while keeping a keen ear to see if the sound of wings ever gets any closer as we step towards the children.

"Let's just find out what that wings sound is coming from. I hope it isn't a dragon.... :look: "

"Let's just find out what that wings sound is coming from. I hope it isn't a dragon.... :look: "

Well if we heard something making noise from wings it must be flying. I look in the sky for anything out of the ordinary. I also look out for anything big, swimming and with huge teeth.

Where are we outside the house?

Edited by Costy

Erik says: "I have a few ideas:

1. I don't think we should stay in the open, because without a ranger or mage this winged creature could swoop down and pick us off one at a time while we couldn't do anything. In a room its movement would be restricted, and it would be easier to fight.

2. I think the door nearest the steps on the right in the room we came from may have been a store room as the brown path leading to it is smaller.

3. I think there may be a child somewhere in this keep, but perhaps not all the children. Do we want to have the children with us if we are going to have to face danger?

Maybe we should remove any potential threats in the building before we worry about the children, as this 'sanctuary' is apparently 'safe', unless it is only safe for this 'Maginastra'.

Erik calls out: "Mr Maginastra, can you hear me? Why have you taken the children?"

Sorry for doing too much at once before.