Bonaparte

EB Event Billund 2012

The excitement is rising, we´re getting closer :sweet:!

Dang! I forgot to start my countdown beginning with 100... :innocent:

We are nearing the 70's already. So start dreaming. Get in your pants and sign in here! :grin:

Another chalet booked for the Viking delegation :sweet:

Today I had a call with Copmike to discuss more details on the program :thumbup:

In Billund we are building big, not just roller coasters.

The new PMD building is rising fast, it's already huge, and I think we will move into it in late 2012. It is situated between the PMD main building and Techhouse. What has already been finished, is the new 5 level of parking house for the employees at LEGO in down town Billund. :tongue:

I would suggest a walk by these two building, which kind of give another perspective on the success of the company right now.

Erland

Part Design

In Billund we are building big, not just roller coasters.

The new PMD building is rising fast, it's already huge, and I think we will move into it in late 2012. It is situated between the PMD main building and Techhouse. What has already been finished, is the new 5 level of parking house for the employees at LEGO in down town Billund. :tongue:

I would suggest a walk by these two building, which kind of give another perspective on the success of the company right now.

Erland

Part Design

I went past there but I can't see the 5 level parking house? Is it a 5 level underground parking house? ;)

IMG_8805.JPG

Hehe.. Just kidding. This were from September.

I went past there but I can't see the 5 level parking house? Is it a 5 level underground parking house? ;)

You can actually see it in the far distance, left bottom corner of your picture. It is not underground, which would have been very nice indeed, but I think there was some problems with ground water etc. in the Billund area, preventing deep structures. Remember, while many employees at LEGO are strange, not everyone drives a submarine to work.

:sweet:

Erland, Part Design

I would love to attend, but I simply can't afford the accomodations.

If I can find free accomodations at friend's places, will I then be allowed in?

Edit. I see others are doing this as well. Will sign up.

Edited by Lasse D

If I can find free accomodations at friend's places, will I then be allowed in?

Of course you can! Hope you find someone where you can stay.

Thanks. I just found a place :classic:

Nice! I added your name to the eventees list :thumbup:

As we are getting closer:

Any news about GOODIES? :drool:

(Ze ultimate negotiator should take over now...)

Will there be badges?

Can I be of any help?

Besides offering this set:

Lego_rdax_160x160.jpg

in the trading post. :laugh:

I'm sadly, but seriously have to miss out on one. I wish you guys a lot of fun and interesting discussions about the hobby and hope to see you all next year! :thumbup:

I'm sadly, but seriously have to miss out on one. I wish you guys a lot of fun and interesting discussions about the hobby and hope to see you all next year! :thumbup:

We'll miss you there Captain!

I'm sadly, but seriously have to miss out on one.

Who is going to swoosh into the village soaking wet on a kick-megablocks bike this year then :cry_sad:? We'll miss you and look forward to hanging out next year. Now you have time to practice your bowling gamle also :tongue: !

I have some news... I might be able to go for the entire event! I just need to officially apply for the time off, but it doesn't conflict with any exams so it looks likely. :classic:

I have some news... I might be able to go for the entire event! I just need to officially apply for the time off, but it doesn't conflict with any exams so it looks likely. :classic:

That's great news, I hope this works out :thumbup:

I've just noticed that the Danish X-Factor performers will be in Legoland on Saturday 12 May. Not sure how big an attraction they are but the park and surrounds might be busier than normal.

Oh god not X-Factor. -.-

I'm going to book plane tickets + chalet when I find out whether my dad is coming or not.

Is there anybody that could pick my mum and I up from the airport and drop us off at the chalets on the Thursday morning so that we could put out bags in their chalet until we're able to check in?

I apologise for the double post.

Damn' - I've got some other commitments when this event is taking place! Will have to make sure that I'm available the next time you're all here.

I wish you all a good time here.

-- Klaus

PS: While your'e all busy in Billund, I'm taking part in the Copenhagen Beer Festival 2012. :classic:

Is there anybody that could pick my mum and I up from the airport and drop us off at the chalets on the Thursday morning so that we could put out bags in their chalet until we're able to check in?

When does the plane arrive? That'll be important to know so we can check where we'll be at that time according the program.

When does the plane arrive? That'll be important to know so we can check where we'll be at that time according the program.

It arrives at 10AM.

Speaking of airport pickup, could someone pick up me, cecilie, her husband, and eiker86 at the airport Wednesday evening at 21:05? I guess we should be able to squeeze all four of us into one car. :tongue:

It arrives at 10AM.

We have a first activity on the Thursday starting at 9am (at the LEGO offices). At 10am till 11:30am we will be in the LEGOLand Village conference room for the 2nd activity of the day. LEGOLand village should be walking distance from the Camping I'm told (which is good news for dropping your luggage!). So at least you'll know where to find us.

About the trip from the airport to the LEGOLand Village, it's about 4,8km (15min drive one way). My first suggestion is that you take a taxi which shouldn't cost more that 10 Euro. Alternatively I or someone else can come over, but that would impact the 2nd activity and potentially impact the schedule (we are one a rather strict schedule on the Thursday).