Sign in to follow this  
Dakar A

MOC: Dragonfire Scramjet

Hello all of you Space fans!

6968157968_e2e430c251_z.jpg

Dragonfire scramjet in motion by Dakar A, on Flickr

In 2047, soon after the total phasing out of propeller enginge technology in favor of cheaper, faster scramjet engines, the Dragonfire orbit-tospace craft was develoed for short interplanetary travel. Famous for making the Earth to moon jump at the record time of 3 minutes on the 100th anniversary of Chuck Yeager's Mach 1 flight, it has taken its appropriate place as the toppersonal and private spacecraft. Fits two.

A space motion shot of the ship, done in GIMP. Earth and the Moon are the background.

7114024405_4a3689f0ca_z.jpg

Dragonfire Scramjet rear by Dakar A, on Flickr

After my last MOC, I knew I had to do a Space MOC in black and orange, and this beauty was built (If I do say so myself!). Inspired by the Hotwheels car "Twin Mill II".

7114022427_15eb0b22ec_z.jpg

Dragonfire Scramjet by Dakar A, on Flickr

This guy was a fun little build, took me about an hour and a half. First came the orange pannels, then the ladders, and the rest just kinda followed!

On a serious note, I dedicate this build to Nnenn. I may have never known you, virtually, or in real life, but your work is inspiring. I hate to imagine how your sonsfelt, because it pains me to think about suddenly losing my father. Rest in peace.

Enjoy, and C&C welocme! :thumbup::sweet:

Sharp colours!

Great use of those orange wings.

There's a lot to like here... the colour blocking, the interesting design, the good piece use...

As for suggestions - I KNOW it's a ramjet ... but I can't help but want to angle the front wings slightly for a sleeker look (yes I know that defeats the purpose, but aesthetically it'd be cooler).

And the cockpit to main fuselage section seems a bit abrupt with the 90 degree turn... maybe add some slope or something there/ or even the orange technic wing if you have more?

Wow! This is really good! I love how the orange and black bricks match each other and the overall sleekness of the set.

Thanks! I'd wanted to do a orange and black MOC ever since the release of the Sebulba's podracer set! :laugh: I just love :wub: that colour combo.

Sharp colours!

Great use of those orange wings.

There's a lot to like here... the colour blocking, the interesting design, the good piece use...

As for suggestions - I KNOW it's a ramjet ... but I can't help but want to angle the front wings slightly for a sleeker look (yes I know that defeats the purpose, but aesthetically it'd be cooler).

And the cockpit to main fuselage section seems a bit abrupt with the 90 degree turn... maybe add some slope or something there/ or even the orange technic wing if you have more?

Thanks Si-MOCs! They actually look better in this format, I tried them in an angled format, but the two flaps don't match ends, if you get what I mean. I sadly don't have more of the orange technic wing, but if I did, the two cockpits are held on by two sets of click hinges, and are removeable, so it is somewhat

modular. I may try out other cockpit and scramjet designs! :wink:

I really like this design. I find the configuration for the pilot/passenger compartments to be interesting and highly original.

Thanks Hikaro! I can't claim 100% credit for the cockpit design, because it was inspired by this and this.

Edited by Dakar A

Thats pretty cool! I like the air scoups on the front and the orange and black color scheme,

theres just something about it thats so catchy! :wink:

Thats pretty cool! I like the air scoups on the front and the orange and black color scheme,

theres just something about it thats so catchy! :wink:

Thanks! The colour blocking is fun, but it's a science, and I still need practice! Also, it's not an air scoop, it's a scramjet, or at least a future imagining of one!