Konrade

What's your latest acquisition?

Picked up a MISB copy of 7048 Troll warship. I missed out on the fantasy era sets and am currently trying to get my hands on some of the good ones. This was the top of the list and it was great to pick up a sealed copy. The ship is awesome, much bigger than I thought it would be and its great to get all those trolls and a dragon in one set.

Picked up a MISB copy of 7048 Troll warship. I missed out on the fantasy era sets and am currently trying to get my hands on some of the good ones. This was the top of the list and it was great to pick up a sealed copy. The ship is awesome, much bigger than I thought it would be and its great to get all those trolls and a dragon in one set.

Nice buy, I'd love to own that one as well as Skeleton Ship Attack.

Nothing Historical but a large pink brick box for £13 which should be about £25 so I am smiling. :laugh:

I'll use it for some MOC creations.

I just found a bunch of Kingdoms sets still on the shelf at Barnes & Noble at non inflated list prices, including the Mill village Assault, the Kings Carriage Ambush. The Outpost Attack and the Escape fromDragons Prison. I'm still doing a happy dance over finding the mill village like that :tongue:

Edited by Faefrost

Picked up to of these sweet babies off ebay :wub:

>img<

:wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

what set has the hand?

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

excuse my double posting but is it possible for a picture of the other side of his face? (i heard the uruks had double sided printing)

excuse my double posting but is it possible for a picture of the other side of his face? (i heard the uruks had double sided printing)

Orc Forge? and Tomorrow hopefully...

Wow, if that hand print is for real I love it!

Medieval Market Village 10193. :cry_happy: I'm gonna make some pirate and castle MOCs with it, then a Steampunk town.

Oh, and I ordered the semi-rare Batman polybag jetski with it. For some reason, I'm not as excited about it as MMV. :pir_laugh2:

Oh, and 11 CMF's, including 3 Grenadier Guards. :excited:

Edited by Napoleon53

Medieval Market Village 10193. :cry_happy: I'm gonna make some pirate and castle MOCs with it, then a Steampunk town.

Oh, and I ordered the semi-rare Batman polybag jetski with it. For some reason, I'm not as excited about it as MMV. :pir_laugh2:

Oh, and 11 CMF's, including 3 Grenadier Guards. :excited:

I totally get what you are saying. When I ordered my MMV I felt like a 10 year old child again. It is by far the BEST set for MOCing. If I had the money I would order like 5 more of them. :laugh:

I totally get what you are saying. When I ordered my MMV I felt like a 10 year old child again. It is by far the BEST set for MOCing. If I had the money I would order like 5 more of them. :laugh:

I would order ten. :laugh: The pieces in it are... well, astounding, to say the least. It's probably the best deal price-wise to come from LEGO in decades, if ever, considering the drastic improving of quality since the 70's-80's and adjusting for inflation. I only wish the horse came with a saddle. That's the only thing I see that's lacking. Other than that: perfect. :excited:

Edited by Napoleon53

I would order ten. :laugh: The pieces in it are... well, astounding, to say the least. It's probably the best deal price-wise to come from LEGO in decades, if ever, considering the drastic improving of quality since the 70's-80's and adjusting for inflation. I only wish the horse came with a saddle. That's the only thing I see that's lacking. Other than that: perfect. :excited:

Agreed. :thumbup:

33 kilogram

including:

6016 "Knight's Arsenal"

6018 "Battle Dragon"

6034 "Black Monarch's Ghost"

6038 "Wolfpack Renegades"

6039 "Twin Arm Launcher" 2x

6042 "Dungeon Hunters"

6054 "Forestmen's Hideout"

6056 "Dragon Wagon"

6057 "Sea Serpent"

6059 "Knight’s Stronghold"

6066 "Camouflaged Outpost"

6075 "Wolfpack Tower"

6077 "Forestmen's River Fortress"

6081 "King's Mountain Fortress"

6085 "Black Monarch's Castle"

6086 "Black Knight's Castle"

Wild West:

6769 "Fort Legoredo"

And these pirate sets:

6234 "Renegade's Raft" 2x

6235 "Buried Treasure" 2x

6259 "Broadside's Brig"

6260 "Shipwreck Island"

6261 "Raft Raiders"

6266 "Cannon Cove"

6267 "Lagoon Lock-up"

6268 "Renegade Runner"

6270 "Forbidden Island"

6271 "Imperial Flagship"

6273 "Rock Island Refuge"

6276 "Eldorado Fortress"

6277 "Imperial Trading Post"

6285 "Black Seas Barracuda" (building instruction not include but seen the hull and the sails)

And maybe other more from these three themes. Very difficult to say in this moment.

These are only the building instructions inside the package.

I need to build them and see if other sets are in without an instruction.

Not very important are more instructions of city, train, technic and a lot of space.

Edited by maydayartist

Okay, on the acquisition piece of the thread -

Picked up a couple 2010 (7946, 7947, 7948) and 2011 (6918, 7188, 7189) Kingdoms Sets (some 2x - a boxed and a no-boxed) and a MMV.

On to my question that is a bit off topic (but someone brought it up)...

Given that MMV is available and I'm starting out with a mostly blank canvas and given that the price/brick of MMV is so good, should I be looking at a second (or third) MMV? $99 for 1600 mostly useful pieces is better than many sets available today. I'll pick up a Kingdoms Joust eventually, but it should be available for some time. I'm not so sure about how much longer MMV will be available.

Kingdoms is probably my favorite theme and MMV seems perfect for building out different areas of a medieval town...

The other side is that while I have to think TLG sold a TON of MMV, that if I fail to end up using the extra sets, I'll be able to recoup my money without much of an issue.

Yes, MMV is excellent either for the parts or as an investment. Buy it, you won't regret it.

As an aside: no 7187...? It seems very good value for money to me. Much better than, say, 7188.

Yes, MMV is excellent either for the parts or as an investment. Buy it, you won't regret it.

As an aside: no 7187...? It seems very good value for money to me. Much better than, say, 7188.

Agreed, but I bought the sets in 2 lots and 7187 wasn't included :( I'll have to circle around and try to get this separately.

Since I will finish a 4,5 year dissertation project next week, I treated myself to a Hogwarts Castle, which I hope to mod into an elven temple of sorts. I paid 85 Euro for it (MISB), which reminds me that even a 130 Euro Helm's Deep will one day be much cheaper... I hope to sell off the Harry Potter figs and thereby get the Hogwarts for even less.

Also I bought some Atlantis deep see fish thingy for 8 Euro. It has many interesting parts and the barracuda warrior which I hope to turn into a chimera one day.

Bought Shelob Attacks and Uruk-Hai LOTR sets, full price, from the LEGO store. I almost never buy LEGO full price (except CMFs), but made an exception for these two, partially due to intense pleading from my five yr old (OK, I'm a sucker). I've been very happy with both, especially the spider.

I just got Shelob Attacks and Mines of Moria from the Lego store. I did it because they weren't out locally and to get the Hulk mini fig. I just saw walmart had numerous Pirates and Harry Potter sets on sale so I might be getting a few of those as well.

LMW