Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Discussion

F*ck yeah!

Series 6 completed a few hours ago, with ten more packs.

Last to come were the surgeon (x2), the Leprechaun (x2) and the Flamenco dancer.

Edited by Lucanik-san

Well, I started by using the "feel" method. I had no luck with this at all! I tried several times, but always got the wrong one. Then I tried just buying random packs and hoping to get the ones I wanted. Well that was just stupid! I spent too much money just buying random minifigs. So I tried using the dot codes that are in this thread a few pages back. SUCCESS! I've had a 100% success rate using the dot codes. I can't wait for the Series 7 codes!

It's supposed to be a woman. Didn't you see the eyelashes?

:laugh:

-Sci

I think his point was that the female torso design means it can only be used for female surgeons, not male ones. So populating the surgical wing of a hospital could be difficult without a huge gender imbalance.

I think his point was that the female torso design means it can only be used for female surgeons, not male ones. So populating the surgical wing of a hospital could be difficult without a huge gender imbalance.

Ya, this was exactly what I meant. She totally is a girl, right?! :grin:

Seriously though, I think the reason they did this was because there might be a male surgeon in the new hospital. Hopefully. If not, MALE SURGEON. CONFIRMED 4 BRAWL!!!

10 points to anyone who gets that reference. :tongue:

Edited by just2good

Just posting here to say that I have spares :).

[. . .]

All I need is a surgeon - if anyone in the UK wants to swap i'm all for that!

Series 6 completed a few hours ago, with ten more packs.

Last to come were the surgeon (x2), the Leprechaun (x2) and the Flamenco dancer.

New guys need to check this thread: EB Members Trading Collectible Minifigs Portal. Might make life a bit easier.

Edited by fred67

How's the availability of these? It seems to me they haven't stayed in stores as long as previous series; indeed, there are more stores here that still have Series 5 than there are with Series 6. S6 was in both of the Targets here, but not for very long, as far as I can tell, and the Walmarts seem to have sold out of them (or stopped getting them) as well. Additionally, one local indie toy/hobby store here specifically never got S6 (I'm not just guessing based on a few visits; I actually asked, and they said they weren't getting them, even though they do intend to get S7 and got all of the first five series). Does it seem to anyone else as though S6 hasn't lasted as long in stores as the S3 through S5?

How's the availability of these? It seems to me they haven't stayed in stores as long as previous series; indeed, there are more stores here that still have Series 5 than there are with Series 6. S6 was in both of the Targets here, but not for very long, as far as I can tell, and the Walmarts seem to have sold out of them (or stopped getting them) as well. Additionally, one local indie toy/hobby store here specifically never got S6 (I'm not just guessing based on a few visits; I actually asked, and they said they weren't getting them, even though they do intend to get S7 and got all of the first five series). Does it seem to anyone else as though S6 hasn't lasted as long in stores as the S3 through S5?

Since series 7 got released so early, a month in the UK area and at least 2 - 3 weeks b4 release date in US, sounds like series 6 got squished out the the picture early.

I am very sad about that ^ As I have yet to find series 6 in store :cry_sad:

Have you tried Bricklink for the figures? That's how i got the series 6 figures i wanted and i'm tracking series 7.

I am very sad about that ^ As I have yet to find series 6 in store :cry_sad:

I suggest ordering a box on Bricklink. It is cheaper and you don't have to drive around town completing your set of 16.

The WalMarts in my area only put them out with their initial shipment. After they sold through that they took down the display. I'm not sure if it's the employees that don't want to restock the item or did they have no more to put out. They were on the endcap displays. One WalMart in my area put them in a big bin -- I thought that was the best idea, since they could put the most out this way. The bin stayed there for at least a good month, but they removed it. I'm not sure if they just put them all in the back or if they actually sold through them.

For Target -- only one Target has restocked more then once in my area (out of 6). That particular Target has restocked the display 5 times. The other Targets only stocked their display once and haven't since then. Again, I'm not sure if this is due to Employee(s) not having the time or wanting to stock or if they truly didn't get anymore.

The WalMarts in my area only put them out with their initial shipment. After they sold through that they took down the display. I'm not sure if it's the employees that don't want to restock the item or did they have no more to put out. They were on the endcap displays. One WalMart in my area put them in a big bin -- I thought that was the best idea, since they could put the most out this way. The bin stayed there for at least a good month, but they removed it. I'm not sure if they just put them all in the back or if they actually sold through them.

For Target -- only one Target has restocked more then once in my area (out of 6). That particular Target has restocked the display 5 times. The other Targets only stocked their display once and haven't since then. Again, I'm not sure if this is due to Employee(s) not having the time or wanting to stock or if they truly didn't get anymore.

Interesting. So, it's possible some of the Targets and/or Walmarts here might actually still have them, and just not have bothered to put them out?

I should note there's still at least one place locally that definitely has them - Toy's 'R' Us. Of course, they're a little overpriced there so I'd rather get them elsewhere if possible, but at least I have the option. I'll also be going to the LEGO Store at Downtown Disney in Orlando next weekend, so I'm hopeful of getting some there, but it'd be great if I could still get them locally at Target.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Sorry it took me so long to respond everyone :blush: I don't buy minifigures to complete the set, I just get the ones I am interested in. I don't really want to use bricklink because of shipping costs. Thanks for the suggestions though :classic:

Interesting. So, it's possible some of the Targets and/or Walmarts here might actually still have them, and just not have bothered to put them out?

I should note there's still at least one place locally that definitely has them - Toy's 'R' Us. Of course, they're a little overpriced there so I'd rather get them elsewhere if possible, but at least I have the option. I'll also be going to the LEGO Store at Downtown Disney in Orlando next weekend, so I'm hopeful of getting some there, but it'd be great if I could still get them locally at Target.

Well, if I may respond to my own query, I've found out the answer is yes. One of my own local Targets had a whole display unit full of them (one of the vertical cardboard boxes full of little shelves for the figures; it comes loaded with 120) in the stockroom rather than out on the floor. According to someone I spoke with, it just doesn't have a place in their current planogram, so it stayed in the back, but they graciously brought it out and let me have enough time with it to feel every packet and pick out all the ones I wanted.

I've encountered indications some of the Walmarts here may also have some in their stockrooms that they just aren't putting out for whatever reason, but it's hard to verify. At any rate it does seem that even with some of the stock "held back" off the floors in some stores, this series still seems to have gotten a little less distribution than the previous three series (at least locally; YMMV).

Oh, and I did indeed check out the LEGO Store in Orlando a couple weekends ago during a Walt Disney World visit, and they didn't have any S6, either. Army builders, you'd better grab those Roman soldiers while and if you can!

This series was released almost immediately before series 7 around here, which I personally think is odd. Because of this, I'm having a little bit of trouble finding them, since most stores have taken them away to make place for series 7. Strangely, the very same stores seem perfectly capable of stocking series 3, 4 and 5.

Just happened to hit a local Walmart that looked like it had just put out a side-wing of Series 6. I ended up adding eight more Grey Aliens to the horde.