xwingyoda

Pick-up Truck Pic Review (7942)

Ah, very nice, thanks again for another review. Must have been a busy night ;-)

I have the truck, too. The only thing I don't like is that the wheels are too wide IMHO. The chassis looks great but from the front (or back) it looks kinda awkward with the wheels sticking out to the sides like mutilated legs. Other than that it's a great set, better than the fire chief's truck in the old fire station which I almost considered buying just for the small truck. Glad I didn't ;-)

Like hobbes said, the things that I don't like are the wheels which are too wide, the new nozzel (more realistic design but not linked directly to the string), and the rear window not trans-blue like the shield.

But it's a great little set, with a lot of accessories, and places to stock them. And this silver helmet *wub*. I will never be wearied with them...

Maybe I will buy a second one one day, without stikers, just to make a beach pick-up (a yellow version like in the american series)

Thanks Yoda for the review.

Myabe I will buy a second one one day, without stikers, just to make a beach pick-up (a yellow version like in the american series)

hell yeay !! A Baywatch one :-D

Seriously, pimp it in yellow and add a gallery on the top in order to place a surfboard on it and you have the perfect (or near perfect) beachmobile :-D ;-)

*yoda*

hell yeay !! A Baywatch one :-D

Seriously, pimp it in yellow and add a gallery on the top in order to place a surfboard on it and you have the perfect (or near perfect) beachmobile :-D ;-)

*yoda*

This is exactly what I think! :-D

But without Pamela womanfig, it's not so interesting...

I agree with the weird tires. The whole pickup should be coloured yellow to fit with these Bigfoot tires. ;-)

We already had the topic in another thread, but one thing has to be mentioned again:

The hose and its connection to the pistol-thingy is so disastrous! :-X

TLC used to produce such well designed hoses, why did they do this??? *sing* :'-(

TLC used to produce such well designed hoses, why did they do this??? *sing* :'-(

That

cool! looks a nice little set and not to expensive! :-D

even better is that i am making a fie station at the moment and need a few jeeps!

thanks for the review!

'Cause its cheaper. Why else?

Now they don't have to mould the hose into the nozzle, you get to tie it on yourself; saves a special production step.

Now that I think about it... do opening doors really add that much to playability though? even when they can open, you don't actually try to squeeze your minifigs through there, still need to go through the roof.

And this way rather than get a door, i get one of those tiles with a thinwall pieces; which are more useful for Space...

Now that I think about it... do opening doors really add that much to playability though? even when they can open, you don't actually try to squeeze your minifigs through there, still need to go through the roof.

And this way rather than get a door, i get one of those tiles with a thinwall pieces; which are more useful for Space...

See the little pic Asuka posted? That's how I sometimes like to "pose" my cars with their drivers in my town. With a "Space tile" I could only position the minifig driver as if he jumps over the "door" (Miami Vice-style). That's hard to do, though, cos they haven't produced the gravity-free minifig yet...

I like (Classic) Space but I buy City sets primarily for - who'd have thunk it - my city!

;-)

Now that I think about it... do opening doors really add that much to playability though?

Back in the old days LEGO cars didn

Stop posting pics of my sets :-D

You are a damned lucky guy! :'-)

And, xenologer, your idea is pretty cool.... Tiny Turbos with MFs.... *wub*

Back in the Stone Age you mean :-D But I DO love those red wheels.

This is just for you:

wheeeels.jpg

I prefer the newer wheels though. :-P

Ugh, how about the worst? Seriously, what normal car or truck these days has RED hubcaps? :-X

Ugh, how about the worst? Seriously, what normal car or truck these days has RED hubcaps? :-X

I don

Just picked up this set tonight because it had intrigued me since i first saw it...being im so into trucks and the like. id like to give my impressions on it.

first off, the vehicle as a whole isnt as bad as i had thought it would be.

The good:

- the new windshield is actually pretty nice.

- overall dimensions are pretty good to the rest of the new released "SUV" style sets.

- new pieces (wind shield, "tailgates", nozzle)

The bad:

- axles are WAY to wide for the size of the truck.

- the bed is small and unperportional to a real pick up.

- the new "tailgate" is crude, still dont like the new hinges.

- no doors, where have the doors gone? i miss them |-/

- new nozzle, WTF is up with this? can u say...akward?

overall its not a bad set, the trailor is pretty nice and is easily combined with the fire-trucks trailor to make a nice utility trailor. easily modded into a slightly different vehicle, think explorer sport track-esque...or even a full fledge'd SUV. ill definatly need to use different axles, as these are far to wide and the tires stick out to much.

i like this set and will definatly buy a few more.

I really hate how LEGO changed the hose noozle design. It was much better when the hose was glued into the back of the noozle. Now you have to knot it through? Horrrible.

Wow! 5 years late to the party

Sorry for posting on such an older thread, but I just picked one of these up at Target (I can't believe it's been in production or release for 5 years?) and figured I had a little appropriate commentary.

I see there have been a lot of mixed comments above, particularly on things like the wheels etc. I wanted to set the record straight. This little number is probably the most accurate Fire Truck Lego has ever made. I was an American Firefighter for many years and this set is a surprising example of a light duty brush fire truck converted from a common pickup. I drove one of these for at least 10 years. The seemingly oversized wheels. They are absolutely correct. Most departments would take a Ford F series pickup, raise the suspension, add grossly oversized sand tires, some light roll bars and a reinforced push bumper. The back bed would be filled with a small water tank and an independent pump that was mounted on a skid that could be dropped on site. The trucks would have one or two booster reels with fairly short lengths of hose and nozzles that look like guns. ( high pressure nozzles. They look sorta like Stormtrooper rifles).

While not perfect, the set is much more accurate than many are giving credit for, and honestly is the only thing in the newer Lego Forrest Fire focused series that looks like an actual truck that would be taken into the woods. ( the trailer not so much. While the truck would often tow a supply trailer, that would get left on the street. )