Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Can someone do mine and Palathadaric's battle. I got told I had to update my sig, and I did, so I replied to the change request.

Can someone do mine and Palathadaric's battle. I got told I had to update my sig, and I did, so I replied to the change request.

I'll try and get to it in an hour or two. I'm a bit busy today. :classic:

Question: Wood equals Plant monster's right?

What does that mean? :wacko:

What does that mean? :wacko:

Sorry, Let me rephrase: In quest 26, we are currently fighting a "Wood" type monster. Am I correct in assuming that this is the same as the "plant" type? As "Wood" is not actually in the rules. I am asking, since my weapon deals double damage against plant monsters.

Sorry, Let me rephrase: In quest 26, we are currently fighting a "Wood" type monster. Am I correct in assuming that this is the same as the "plant" type? As "Wood" is not actually in the rules. I am asking, since my weapon deals double damage against plant monsters.

I'd think so.

To those in quests 29, 30, and 31,

Given that all of our quests have the possibility of overlapping, I thought it might be an interesting experience to refrain from reading the counterpart quests and in order to keep player knowledge separate from character knowledge. I know that some of you already do this with other quests in general and I will be doing it myself for this special case, but I thought it might make an awesome questing experience for us if we all avoided reading what the other Parties were doing in their respective quests, that is until our characters cross paths in game at least. What do you think?

Quest 30 and quest 29(Is it?) both seem to have the same intro...thing. Plus they both mention wren. I wonder if any other things will be the same.

@Palathadric:

Thanks. I had wanted to give him a new look, but I wasn't sure what torso+legs combo to use. When I got the belt, I decided to use that torso, and the rest developed from that.

@All:

I'm working on a Quest. The basic idea is this:

Hinckwell trade has long been plagued by Shadeaux-sponsored pirates. The efforts of the guards on the trade ships have proven to be futile against the pirates. Now, as they are shipping something that must not fall into the hands of the Shadeaux, the Hinckwells have turned once again to Heroica. They require a team of five Heros to protect the cargo. Each Hero will recieve 100 Gold upon the seccessful completion of the Quest, as well as a special bonus.

I have more ideas, but I can't reveal them here, as I don't want to give away any surprises.

If anyone is interested in helping to develop this Quest, please PM me. If you are interested in playing this Quest, say so in this thread and then sign up when the time comes. :classic:

Given that all of our quests have the possibility of overlapping, I thought it might be an interesting experience to refrain from reading the counterpart quests and in order to keep player knowledge separate from character knowledge. I know that some of you already do this with other quests in general and I will be doing it myself for this special case, but I thought it might make an awesome questing experience for us if we all avoided reading what the other Parties were doing in their respective quests, that is until our characters cross paths in game at least. What do you think?

Interesting idea, though once we cross paths we will have assumably a lot of pages to catch up on. I think I am willing to try it, though I have already looked at the start of one of the others.

Quest 30 and quest 29(Is it?) both seem to have the same intro...thing. Plus they both mention wren. I wonder if any other things will be the same.

Yeah, we planned to have the same intro. Q31 didn't use that as the intro, because I wanted to recap Q4 and Q17 instead, but it's in there, now.

@All:

I'm working on a Quest. The basic idea is this:

Hinckwell trade has long been plagued by Shadeaux-sponsored pirates. The efforts of the guards on the trade ships have proven to be futile against the pirates. Now, as they are shipping something that must not fall into the hands of the Shadeaux, the Hinckwells have turned once again to Heroica. They require a team of five Heros to protect the cargo. Each Hero will recieve 100 Gold upon the seccessful completion of the Quest, as well as a special bonus.

There's a few profound problems with your idea:

1) The Shadeaux are merchants, not thieves, even though the Hinckwells try to insinuate that. They use some questionable means to advance their trade, but so do the Hinckwells. The rivalry between the two factions is not supposed to be about good vs. evil.

2) There are no pirates around Uland, the Bonapartes have made sure of that. Jolly Roger was the last one to attempt piracy in the region, and his entire crew was decimated. There are pirates further away from the Free Islands, though.

So please come up with something else. :wink:

There's a few profound problems with your idea:

1) The Shadeaux are merchants, not thieves, even though the Hinckwells try to insinuate that. They use some questionable means to advance their trade, but so do the Hinckwells. The rivalry between the two factions is not supposed to be about good vs. evil.

2) There are no pirates around Uland, the Bonapartes have made sure of that. Jolly Roger was the last one to attempt piracy in the region, and his entire crew was decimated. There are pirates further away from the Free Islands, though.

So please come up with something else. :wink:

Sorry. :blush: I am still reading over past Quests. I'll revise the idea. It doesn't need to involve the Shadaeux. A few thoughts, though.

1. This Quest could be from the Hinckwells perspective.

2. It could take place near the free islands.

Edited by LEGOman273

Sounds like an interesting idea. :thumbup: Of course we (the hosts) can't force anyone to do anything, but certainly everything pertaining to one's quest will be mentioned in their own quest. So if you choose to do this you won't be missing anything necessary. :wink:

Idea revised. The only reason I included the Shadeaux was to give the Quest a bit more depth. The play will not be affected at all by their absence.

Hinckwell shipping around the Free Islands has long been plagued by pirates, and the efforts of the guards on the trade ships have proven to be futile. Now, as they are shipping something that must not fall into the hands of the pirates, the Hinckwells have turned once again to Heroica. They require a team of five Heros to protect the cargo. Each Hero will recieve 100 Gold upon the seccessful completion of the Quest, as well as a special bonus.

Sounds like an interesting idea. :thumbup: Of course we (the hosts) can't force anyone to do anything, but certainly everything pertaining to one's quest will be mentioned in their own quest. So if you choose to do this you won't be missing anything necessary. :wink:

I don't believe it would need enforcing, if we all agree to a Gentlemen's Agreement not to look in the other Quests. Good idea, Waterbrick Down, I'll join in.

Yeah, we planned to have the same intro. Q31 didn't use that as the intro, because I wanted to recap Q4 and Q17 instead, but it's in there, now.

I see. You used it as some sort of origin of the lion knights.

Idea revised. The only reason I included the Shadeaux was to give the Quest a bit more depth. The play will not be affected at all by their absence.

Hinckwell shipping around the Free Islands has long been plagued by pirates, and the efforts of the guards on the trade ships have proven to be futile. Now, as they are shipping something that must not fall into the hands of the pirates, the Hinckwells have turned once again to Heroica. They require a team of five Heros to protect the cargo. Each Hero will recieve 100 Gold upon the seccessful completion of the Quest, as well as a special bonus.

I think this would be better discussed in the Quest Master's Lounge as it is more a fitting topic for there.

The quests could be hosted in Pms or on another site, but I think that would be getting a bit silly.

That wouldn't be necessary plus no one else would get to read them. The questers don't have to do it and they're not going to be policed to do it either, I just thought it might add more to the role-playing aspect.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

That wouldn't be necessary, the questers don't have to do it and they're not going to be policed to do it either, I just thought it might add more to the role-playing aspect.

:shrug_confused: I'm gonna read the quests, personally, but I generally try to keep things Atramor doesn't know out of roleplaying. Too hard to resist reading the other quests anyway. :blush:

That wouldn't be necessary plus no one else would get to read them. The questers don't have to do it and they're not going to be policed to do it either, I just thought it might add more to the role-playing aspect.

It certainly would add to the gaming experience, but wouldn't it be difficult to avoid 'spoilers' in this thread?

It's unavoidable, but one can still try to abstain at least from the Quest topics. :shrug_oh_well:

I'll try not to peek! :classic:

:shrug_confused: I'm gonna read the quests, personally, but I generally try to keep things Atramor doesn't know out of roleplaying. Too hard to resist reading the other quests anyway. :blush:

This is what I do for Arthur. (Incidentally, it's also why I've so meticulously had Arthur read all the Quest books, and why I came up with the journals at the beginning--I'm kind of OCD about IC-versus-OOC knowledge.)

But, if everyone else participating thinks I should abstain, I'll abstain. :wink:

(Oh, Pie, you could justify reading the other Quests by saying that McCafferey knows what's happening but refuses to tell Atramor. That way if you slip-up you can say that McCafferey slipped up while chatting with you. :devil::grin::laugh: )