Sign in to follow this  
Sariel

When Technic and Pirates meet

...evil ensues:

Just a variation on the Black Pearl set. I always liked it, but it lacked something... like the ability to travel through my room looking majestic, or an aura of evil, for example ;)

[pid][/pid] 129B

Edited by Sariel

Nice mod athough it does seem a bit fast (it looks like it's got a jet engine in the back of it) :grin:,I wounder what the pirate fan's will think of this.Maybe for your next moc/mod you could motorize some thing from starwars?:laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Maybe for your next moc/mod you could motorize some thing from starwars?:laugh:

Sounds like a great idea! :laugh: .

Nice job Sariel, it looks.. menacing.

tim

Are you sure you didn't just use the hamsters to power this mod ? :laugh: This would give the expression 'walking the plank' a whole new meaning.

Cool thing. Proof that we could use a new Technic boat. If this were an original model it would sell.

:pir-sweet: Pirate section reporting in and being absolutely amazed :pir-oh:

Great one, That could lead to a new trend. If this MOD is combined with Sebeus Iniwum's automated gunport opening technique there should be no stopping those vessels!

Apart from speed this technic sorry technique could apply well to a lot of future models and make the boats

More playable. Certainly at exhibitions this could be a

Massive draw.

Cool MOD and funny video. I like how it goes around room and those two hamsters - didn't they bite any bricks? It looked like they did... :classic:

Thank you, you're kind beyond my expectations :) You may be interested in the fact that I was quite close to making the cannons fire remotely by having a motor pull their triggers with a string. It worked, but the cannons turned out to require pull-and-release action to fire properly. The motor wasn't able to release tension of the string instantly, there was a little delay, and the delay caused the "cannonballs" to stop at cannons' exits.

The hamsters have respect for LEGO pieces, although the brighter one was repeatedly trying to pick a sabre with her teeth. I was half-expecting her to draw this sable, produce a hamster-sized eye-patch and go ARRRR! on the other hamster ;)

Great! I'll see if we can blog this on the Classic-Pirates.com blog.

I'd also like to index this in the Pirates forum. Could you copy the following image and code and paste it on the top of your first post?

[pid][/pid] 129B

Certainly, sir. Also, since you like my creation so much, here's a nice little something:

jkygm0.jpg

Great! I'll see if we can blog this on the Classic-Pirates.com blog.

Sure thing Admiral! This is a lovely ship and I love the way you modded it. :sweet:

Consider it [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

It's a really nice boat. A challenge for the next one would be to get it to rock back and forth as it rolls along, as though it was cresting waves ;)

Damn! I was doing exactly the same. You did it faster than me. What a pity! I'll post it as soon as I finish it.

Anyway, a great ship with a great idea. :)