Angeli

Elesee-Luna

I will try... I have 17 more days ( I need few for taking pictures and removing of background;)

Btw, "black pool" is base for cheese slopes mosaic, but I choose not to build that easily breakable thing until the last minute :) Experience :) I've once blown dust, and destroyed everything :)

Even if I do not finish on time, it does not matter, building this town is giving me such a pleasure, and Elesee moonkeep will be a jewel of the Drow creations, pride of Nocturnus ;)

Well done Angeli, this is coming along nicely. I look forward to the final product.

Will this become part of Challenge three?

It is built exclusively for of Challenge 3 :)

Here's some more update, with a first of crystal dragons, which will play in a heavenly lake :) (unless I change something and build something else :P )

const12.jpg

const13.jpg

const14.jpg

cristal-dragon-01.jpg

cristal-dragon-02.jpg

I like the pearl-gold and red roofs of those turrets; that looks like a good, innovative design. I think I know how they are made, but maybe you could post a close-up pic sometime?

And the rest of it is, well, just massive and awe-inspiring!

Thank you ;) I will do it tomorrow ;)

Regarding it is Easter, I had a whole day for relaxation, and I've relaxed with lego ;)

Green and orange dragons (named Siercon and Coral :)) and micro temple were all made today (and the day is not over yet :)

Temple will be seen as a building in a distance, lying on the top of the mountain, which is also on the cloud (or, there is a cloud on the top of the mountain, and the peek pierces trough:))

const15.jpgconst16.jpg

const17.jpgconst18.jpg

And while building I was searching for some part, and found this:) Now, it's a Temple of Helm :)

const19.jpg

const20.jpg

(but lather I remembered that Helm's sigil is gauntlet with eye, and I could swear that playing Baldur's Gate I and II I've stumbled upon a temple which deity had a helmet as a sigil, but I can not find it now ;) For now, it is still a Temple of Helm :)

This is the second dragon that will play in lake inside heavenly garden, and is named Siercon; with green crystal dragon (Coral), while playing together they make avatars of our friends Siercon and Coral. You know me, I tend to build and change to the last second before photographing, and at the end I will add splashing and maybe some wings of flippers or hands, will see ;)

cristal-dragon-03.jpg

cristal-dragon-04.jpg

cristal-dragon-05.jpg

Man that's looking good!

Those serpent creatures are fantastic. Thanks for the detailed shot of the floor.

I had a thought while reviewing your buildings. The arches with 1x1 round plates attached to the bottoms, could make great tentacles for something.

Anyway, keep up the great work and keep experimenting with lighting both are going great.

Looking great as usual, Angeli, and the celestial touch becomes more and more apparent :thumbup: The three dragons are astonishing, as is the temple at the summit of the mountain.

I could be wrong, but perhaps the helmet was the sigil of either Tempus or Talos. Neither would really fit into the scenario of that town being mostly a place for lawful good beings, though :sceptic:

Thank you, my friends :) I have a few more pictures of the castle, so you can sense how big it is ;)

she is 178 cm high

link

I do not know is it appropriate to post pictures with people on it, but how else to get a grip of a scale?:) Anyhow, I've could have chosen my old, bearded neighbor as a scale model, but I somehow think that you will like my second choice more ;)

Because it is a girl and I am not complitly sure that I can post them here, I will leave only links ;)

link 1

.......link 2

..............link 3

.....................link 4

Edited by Angeli

New update ;)

And the castle, maybe I'll should remove those "shark mouth" ornaments?

In any case, I will make a bridge using that way of arranging bricks :) Can't wait ;)

const21.jpg

const22.jpgconst23.jpg

const24.jpgconst25.jpg

Edited by Angeli

While the arc certainly looks great, I don't think it really blends in with the celestial theme all that well. I'd expect this more in a city of Sahuagin, Githyanki or Ku-Toa than in one inhabitated by angelic creatures. It does look a bit too menacing for the place :sceptic:

Angeli maybe you should just put a Minifig next to your castles so you will not offend anyone.

New update ;)

The first tower (watchtower) is finished; the only thing that is missing is bridge, which goes to those black arches and floors, which are made of cheese slope mosaics, I've made one as prototype, and it will be miracle if it survives until 1st May ;)

few tips when building cheese slopes mosaics:

- never blow dust from them :)

- never watch "Star Trek" while building, you will forget yourself and turn it around

- never ask a non-lego-playing friend to pass it to you, or to move it to another desk

- never give it to the non-lego-friendly-girlfriend, they have fast fingers and uncanny ability to touch the foundation slope :)

- vacuum clean before you start building ;)

- always have a ready toothpick :)

- always build them at the end, except when you have good focus ;)

By the way, this tower is built on a 48x48 baseplate, and it is a 1.5 m high (more or less:))

const26.jpg

const27.jpg

const28.jpg

somehow your girlfriend is missing in this picture :laugh:

uh, that is not my girlfriend, and if my girlfriend reads this, she will have both of our heads (mine and yours:), and she will care less that it is a Drow head;)

you can find her on my flickr account, down in my signature ;)

And she does not like lego at all! I had this conversation yesterday (she calling me on the phone)

She: What are you doing?

Me: um... looking some girls in bikinis online...

She (angry): Do not lie, you are looking at lego sites, admit it!

:) aaand she was right :)

Get your own kids then, it helps big time! Ever since my sons started playing with duplo I've had a good excuse for going to the toy store :laugh:

This is looking great :thumbup:

I really like the soaring effect you gave it with all the towers. The series of black arches look good as well.

Looking forward to seeing the finished project :classic:

thank you, my friends ;)

Makeup usually comes at the end, when I build such a alrge-scale castles, because of my archenemy no. 1 - dust :)

update:

const29.jpgconst30.jpg

and angel-insignia, that is recurring all over the castle. Can you spot it on the pictures above?:)

angel-insignia.jpg

little update, with pool and glass terrase ;)

You're city is growing fast. That pool looks inspiring!

Well, I've been building like crazy last three days, but it does not seems that I've got so much to show... those cheese slope mosaic windows are real pain in the neck, and there are more then 64 windows at the moment, and I fear it is not nearly the half that would be. I had to find a way to hold them together when staying vertical, and the magic number is 9 bricks and arch on them, and one plate beneath the slopes. Perfect combination, but I will elaborate more later. Otherwise, every move - and one of the windows falls down...

You can get impression of size by noticing minifig in the lower part of the picture

const37.jpg

Little of the water summoning

const36.jpg

Update:

The stone walls are starting to get shape, statues and mosaics on doors and walls are getting noticeable, and the floors are getting tiled. Vertical water is implemented. The horizontal will have to wait (because of the dust, which is the prime enemy of the Drow, after the elves :). Bases for the clouds are being attached, and now I have only one problem - I have no more desk space for building :)

const44.jpg

const45.jpg

const46.jpg

I have only eight days left, and the only thing I can not evade is work; I've told my girlfriend that I have to go to training, on training I've told them that I have plans with my friends, and to my friends I've told that I have to spend some time with my girl, and I am building every moment that I can spend, I enjoying my self so much! :) The second it starts to be an obligation and not fun, I will stop; we will conquer challenges some other time. But it is pure fun

const47.jpg

const48.jpg

const49.jpg

Edited by Angeli

This is really taking shape! The tall tower works perfectly :thumbup:

The black arches are very fitting as well. Can't wait to see this thing done :classic:

Angeli this is isane! Love the size of this one! It´s huge, red and evil!!! :laugh: