Just to let you know, the large dock at the front of the fort isn't attached, so during a big storm, don't be surprised if it drifted away :tongue:

Seriously though, I didn't change it because I didn't want to move any previous pieces.

Just to let you know, the large dock at the front of the fort isn't attached, so during a big storm, don't be surprised if it drifted away :tongue:

Seriously though, I didn't change it because I didn't want to move any previous pieces.

Thanks I had not noticed, I will fix it during my turn!!!!

Without further waiting, here it is!

The model is complete!!!

Thanks for everyone who participated, the model is AMAZING!

I know it was longer than should have been and I am to blame, I apologize!

What do you guys think?

Hurrah! :pir-classic:

Looks great. I said this in the group PM with Kalle, Calabar, and Aanchir, but I'll say it again: This is the most coherent RCB model I have seen yet, and I love the whimsical touches added. Great work, all.

Small note: I didn't touch the prison. A better description of my turn would be, "Built up walls, covered main stairs to walls, and added small cannon".

Sorry to be a party pooper, but the dock still isn't attached... Otherwise (besides the fact that there are no prisoners in the second floor prison) I think it looks great! :thumbup:

Fantastic! As BD mentioned, this is definitely the most comprehensive RCBs! :thumbup:

Hurrah! :pir-classic:

Looks great. I said this in the group PM with Kalle, Calabar, and Aanchir, but I'll say it again: This is the most coherent RCB model I have seen yet, and I love the whimsical touches added. Great work, all.

Small note: I didn't touch the prison. A better description of my turn would be, "Built up walls, covered main stairs to walls, and added small cannon".

I'll correct it tomorrow! Your small cannon design is superb! When I saw those I immediately copied them to my "workshop/notepad" LDD file! :blush:

Thanks for the design idea!

I'll correct it tomorrow! Your small cannon design is superb! When I saw those I immediately copied them to my "workshop/notepad" LDD file! :blush:

Thanks. :classic:

It's actually been around for a while in my MOCs, now.

Huzza, yet another great Relay Community Build!

It does look grand, I wonder how it compares to the classic pirate stuff? In terms of bricks, size and minifigure count?

Sorry to be a party pooper, but the dock still isn't attached... Otherwise (besides the fact that there are no prisoners in the second floor prison) I think it looks great! :thumbup:

OH!!!

I forgot, I'll check it tonight and upload the corrected model!

Whoa, that LDD file nearly crashed my computer. :blush:

Great job everyone, and thanks to PirateDave for hosting!

I wonder how it compares to the classic pirate stuff? In terms of bricks, size and minifigure count?

Beyond basic colorscheme/minifigures, the two aren't really comparable. If I remember correctly the largest Pirates fortification, the ITP, has just over 600 pieces, whereas this clocks in at 5200. And the RCB has (I think) 19 minifigurers, whereas the ITP has nine.

Beyond basic colorscheme/minifigures, the two aren't really comparable. If I remember correctly the largest Pirates fortification, the ITP, has just over 600 pieces, whereas this clocks in at 5200. And the RCB has (I think) 19 minifigurers, whereas the ITP has nine.

Additionally, this is built on a brick-built base, while Classic Pirates forts, I believe, were usually placed on prefab baseplates. The buildings here are completely enclosed, unlike buildings in classic sets which are usually open on at least one side. Overall, while built to resemble Classic Pirates sets, this RCB is built with a lot of current techniques, so that drives the piece count up.

Additionally, this is built on a brick-built base, while Classic Pirates forts, I believe, were usually placed on prefab baseplates. The buildings here are completely enclosed, unlike buildings in classic sets which are usually open on at least one side. Overall, while built to resemble Classic Pirates sets, this RCB is built with a lot of current techniques, so that drives the piece count up.

Despite this, I'm sure if you put this alongside official sets, it would fit right in. I think we've done a good enough job in preserving the Classic Pirates feeling.

Maybe this should be on CUUSOO? It feels like crowdsourcing driven to the extreme. Like that team that did the the Fiat Mio concept car, the worlds first crowdsourced car.

A lot of LDD RCB could end up on Cuusoo but considering many of them are hitting 5k+ piece count, the cost will be rather high. Probably starting at $500 a set. The high cost is usually a turn off for many people.

Huzza, yet another great Relay Community Build!

It does look grand, I wonder how it compares to the classic pirate stuff? In terms of bricks, size and minifigure count?

The goal was to have a "classic" feel to it, brick-wise it is MASSIVE compared to classic pirates sets; it would be like an UCS Pirate set if anything!

Whoa, that LDD file nearly crashed my computer. :blush:

Great job everyone, and thanks to PirateDave for hosting!

It is massive, when I was loading it with all high resolutions options checked it slowed my machine WAY down!!!!

It was my pleasure to host! It turns out hosting an RCB is a lot of work!!!!! but it was worth it!

I think the base model was around 1000 bricks in itslef, so right there it drove piece count through the roof.

In the planning stage we had discussed wether it should be classic or "new" pirate and most participants voted for classic.

Despite this, I'm sure if you put this alongside official sets, it would fit right in. I think we've done a good enough job in preserving the Classic Pirates feeling.

Pretty sure it would look awesome next to the ITP with a BSBand 10210 parked at the docks!!!!

It turned out great,I am so glad i could help out.:sweet:

th_LDDScreenShot58.png

Did any one notice the clown? :grin:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

th_LDDScreenShot58.png

We did! Lol!

We were not sure if it was meant as a pun, an Easter egg or simply to make the model fun!

I decided to keep it as it added to the whimsical-ness of the build, in fact most of the action on the docks is quite funny it adds life to the build!

th_LDDScreenShot58.png

Haha, when I saw that I was like *huh*

Updated!

Fixed!

NOTE: I only updated the last model, turn 16 has an attached dock, all previous turns still have the un-attached dock

A lot of LDD RCB could end up on Cuusoo but considering many of them are hitting 5k+ piece count, the cost will be rather high. Probably starting at $500 a set. The high cost is usually a turn off for many people.

True about the cost. But naturally the set in that case would have to be slimmed down. Also, remember that the community is supporting the Old West town (can't remember the name), with now about 7000 votes, and that too has a huge brick count.

But sure, maybe this wouldn't be the perfect model to promote. But as a concept it's interesting.