Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"We'll see...jeez, when are those two done?"

"When Arthur stops failing trying to hit Althior after he's sealed," :tongue:

"We'll see...jeez, when are those two done?"

"Who knows. Althior likes to take his time with everything."

"Who knows. Althior likes to take his time with everything."

"Sure, con't listen to what the aura said, it's not like he's real. Some heroes can be totally racist, jeez!" :hmpf:

"Sure, con't listen to what the aura said, it's not like he's real. Some heroes can be totally racist, jeez!" :hmpf:

"Who said I didn't? What was that? I didn't catch what you said."

"Who said I didn't? What was that? I didn't catch what you said."

"mumblemumbleracistmumblesealingmumblemumbleheroes..." :tongue:

Atramor laughs sharply, although it comes out as more of a witch-like cackle, to his concern. The sounds of battle seem to fade from the arena.

"I, Atramor Gibbin (CallMePieOrDie) challenge Alexis Fenral (Masked Builder) to a duel in the arena. If I've said that right."

Erik says to Mizuki and Drake "I think I will forfeit this contest, I can hear an interesting conversation over there" and gestures towards De'kra.

Then he staggers over to De'kra, passing the bar on the way and grabbing some water, and says "The main advantage of a system using coins is that if you are a farmer or something, and sell crops that are only edible during say, 3 months a year, you can sell them during those 3 months, and then use the money later to buy things when you don't have crops to exchange.

Also, if you sell large items that would be difficult to transport long distances, people can come to you to buy your goods so you don't need to transport them, and then you can bring the coins to someone else in exchange for whatever you want to buy, rather than having to transport a large, heavy item over a long distance to exchange for something."

IC: De'kra shrugged and clicked, "I guess that make some sense in some places, though back home weather never change much. Still heavy part not always make sense, because if you go to far off place to buy heavy thing, you would need transport to carry it home. You could use that transport to carry you heavy thing there, and after exchange use transport to carry trade heavy thing back to you home. Might not work if item you trade for light in weight, but it would still work in many situations."

Arthur returns to the Hall, somewhat the worse for wear, but grinning smugly. "Well, at least my Scrolls work now." Just then, he spots Atramor talking to a Mage in purple...finally! he thought. He strides over to them. "Excuse me, I don't believe we've met, but I've read of your exploits in Quest 4 and Quest 14, and I contacted you via Z-mail a few months ago. I'm Arthur Justus Regulus the Seventh, and you must be Cinna the Dark. A pleasure to make your acquaintance!"

"I'll let 'ya two talk, got business in the Arena."

Atramor walks off, McCafferey fluttering off from his shoulder.

Cinna looks up at the very happy looking mage in his bright hat.

"I think i remember that name..." she shuffles through the stack of pink papers she pulled from the box "Oh! Arthur! You sent me this journal? I have not really read the note yet. " she blushes a little, embarrassed at having him show up before she knew what he had sent "Thank you for that."

"I was my pleasure. That journal," he says, indicating the one she now held, "is linked to this one of mine..." Arthur pulls out the journal, but it is the one with the crystal on it. "Whoops, no, not that one...oh, no, this one is De'kra's...Ah, here we go!" Arthur holds our a journal with a slight violet tinge to it. "This journal of mine is linked to yours. Whatever you write in it will appear in mine, and vice versa. The journal I share with De'kra has been most useful, he provided me with excellent advice when fighting the Brobric Elves at Bric'Bay. I hope that this jourlan will be similarly useful to you. Although, I hope that we can Quest together soon as well, from the records in the Library, you are a most accomplished and clever Hero. Will you be going on Quest 31? It is the one I most hope to join." Noticing some items poking out of Cinna's bag, he adds, "Oh, is that a Shovel? I was looking at one in the Marketplace, but it's a bit expensive there. I heard you were looking to get rid of yours for some reason, would you accept 5 Gold for it?"

EDIT: OOC: Bah, coding typos!

Edited by Flipz

Quest 30 sign-ups.

Erik Tyrvarr, Level 1 Barbarian (Myrddyn)

Dak Shadeaux, Level 11.5 Rogue (Darth Nihilus)

Arthur, Level 9 Mage (Flipz)

Helm Develgrow, Level 4 Barbarian (Sloop)

Tarn Valco, Level 13 Barbarian (Rumble Strike)

Nyx, Level 16 Battle Mage (Pandora)

Amorith Marvelo, Level 12 Mage (legobodgers)

Nagure, Level 1 Barbarian (Costy)

Galen Woodward, Level 6 Rogue (Foog)

Isabella del Toroso, Level 6 Rogue (Dharkan)

Mizuki Kimura, Level 1 Rogue (zakura)

Thothwick, Level 14.5 Rouge (Flitwick)

Alexis returns to the bar and sees Arthur talking to Cinna, and decides to head over.

"Well, I won my battle against Atramor, he didn't seem to happy. Althior has decided to take revenge on him for attacking me and is getting his butt kicked."

Slowly turning his gaze from Cinna, Thothwick turned to the Ranger.

"Hello, sir. Affirmative, I am Thothwick. This handsome fellow beside me is Hoptet, my boyfriend, whom you'll no doubt know from the Quest record of our trip to Salmanda."

"Hello. I learn Humanish. Thothwick take me all of Freeport to learn Humanish. Who you, Human?"

"Well hello Hoptet,name's William Harkenshire, nice to meet you both. How are you finding things in Eubric right now?" "I myself just came back from a Quest myself, nasty business."

I sign up for Quest 30.

Edited by VolcanicPanik

"Oh wow, that is really neat. Thank you for the gift. I'll give it a try soon. Yeah, you know I was trying to sell that shovel for 7 gold but I'll let you have it for 5. You need to go ahead and get it out of the bag though, I don't even want to touch that anymore." Without even realizing she is doing it, she looks down at her hands and can still see the scarred flesh from that time digging on the beach. "Yeah, definitely want nothing to do with any more shovels."

"As far as questing, well I don't know if I'll be doing it again soon. I feel bad about having a hand in starting this war and a bit like anything I do will probably just make things worse."

She looks up as Alexis comes back. "That was a quick fight. Good job on you."

Arthur hand over 5 Gold and carefully pulls out the shovel. As he extracts the tool, he could swear he sees a skeletal hand grab for his arm.

"Uh...Cinna...do you have something...alive...in there?"

"Thanks Cinna. Your hands don't look too good, did that happen on that beach? Aw Cinna, you should come with us, it'll be quite the time!"

"Well hello Hoptet,name's William Harkenshire, nice to meet you both. How are you finding things in Eubric right now?" "I myself just came back from a Quest myself, nasty business."

I sign up for Quest 30.

"A pleasure, Mr. Harkenshire. I've certainly been seeing a lot of Eubric in this past fortnight. I've been giving Hoptet a tour, in order to try and teach him more of your language. Unfortunately, I learned too late that the tongues of sailors are not good for teaching Humanish."

Hoptet took his cue, grinning widely as he did so! "Whores!"

Thothwick, ever the paranoid socialite, gave his boyfriend a reproaching smile. "Sshhhh!"

"Sorry Thothy! Hello Harshar! How was Quest?"

"A pleasure, Mr. Harkenshire. I've certainly been seeing a lot of Eubric in this past fortnight. I've been giving Hoptet a tour, in order to try and teach him more of your language. Unfortunately, I learned too late that the tongues of sailors are not good for teaching Humanish."

Hoptet took his cue, grinning widely as he did so! "Whores!"

Thothwick, ever the paranoid socialite, gave his boyfriend a reproaching smile. "Sshhhh!"

"Sorry Thothy! Hello Harshar! How was Quest?"

"What a colourful vocabulary, I met another of your kind before. Some bookshop owner named Schrooft I think it was. Ah! The Quest was basically this; we had to partake in defending a fort with a position most vital against the misled and bloodthirsty Brobic Elves who launched waves of assaults on us. Now that Mage with the Snake staff over there, Arthur, designed a whole load of siege weaponry and we held them out. That's where I got this lovely modification to my weapon, now my bow can fire twice per round." "Also, take a look over there at Arthur right, he's in a state of admirance for Cinna the Dark whose Aurora Helm I would like very much."

Fortunately for William, Arthur and Cinna were too far away to overhear, though Arthur inexplicably had the momentary urge to magic the Ranger's arrows to shoot him in the knee. Arthur takes this as another sign of the Emerald's Curse, and avoids making eye contact with William. ( :tongue: )

A voice in the sky reminds William that Arthur's staff is different now, and only manifests the snakelike appearance when it is channeling magic.

Fortunately for William, Arthur and Cinna were too far away to overhear, though Arthur inexplicably had the momentary urge to magic the Ranger's arrows to shoot him in the knee. Arthur takes this as another sign of the Emerald's Curse, and avoids making eye contact with William. ( :tongue: )

A voice in the sky reminds William that Arthur's staff is different now, and only manifests the snakelike appearance when it is channeling magic.

Still a snake sometimes. Plus he was merely stating a fact and an observation. Conjecture is never used. :tongue:

Still a snake sometimes. Plus he was merely stating a fact and an observation. Conjecture is never used. :tongue:

Arthur calls over from the other side of the room, "Willaim? Why are you talking to the sky? It's that cursed Emerald, I know it, you should ask Elphaba to trade you for an untainted one."

Arthur calls over from the other side of the room, "Willaim? Why are you talking to the sky? It's that cursed Emerald, I know it, you should ask Elphaba to trade you for an untainted one."

"Nah, don't need a new one. Make a move already Arthur! :tongue:"

OOC: No quotation marks mate :wink:

"What a colourful vocabulary, I met another of your kind before. Some bookshop owner named Schrooft I think it was. Ah! The Quest was basically this; we had to partake in defending a fort with a position most vital against the misled and bloodthirsty Brobic Elves who launched waves of assaults on us. Now that Mage with the Snake staff over there, Arthur, designed a whole load of siege weaponry and we held them out. That's where I got this lovely modification to my weapon, now my bow can fire twice per round." "Also, take a look over there at Arthur right, he's in a state of admirance for Cinna the Dark whose Aurora Helm I would like very much."

"Yes, very colourful indeed."

Hoptet, oblivious to what Thothwick and William were referring to, continued the conversation. "You and Schrooft friend? Quest sound dangerous."

"Hmm... so Ms. Cinna is consorting with witches and weapons traffickers? My my. I'm sure you can try and barter for her helmet, though we went through quite a fight to get it, I doubt she'd relinquish it."