Oky

Star Wars

So I just finished Apocalypse, and...wow, I have so much to say about this book. Not much of it good, I'm afraid.

Review

Thanks for your review.

Sounds weird to me; I didn't read through everything.

The prophecy seems to have a couple of meanings. When Maul returned, he recognized that the force "is out of balance", which was explained by Opress with the beginning of the Clone Wars. In this regard, restoring balance simply means to end to clone wars.

I think the point of mystical figures and events is to leave them unexplained. Otherwise, they are becoming facts, and by their very nature, there is nothing mystical surrounding them. For Lucas, the EU seems to create possibilities, while he decides what will be "canon", so I wonder what he'll have to say.

I do not like the name "Abeloth", though. It's fashioned in a way that fits to certain demon novels, but it doesn't fit to Star Wars.

I think the point of mystical figures and events is to leave them unexplained. Otherwise, they are becoming facts, and by their very nature, there is nothing mystical surrounding them. For Lucas, the EU seems to create possibilities, while he decides what will be "canon", so I wonder what he'll have to say.

Well, I think the book does explain them - explains them too much, in fact. If they were never explained - never introduced - Centerpoint Station would be the only relic left, and it would be technology, not magic. Now that things have been explained, everything's been explained, as I said, in an "Magic did it!" sort of way, which is an excuse, not an explanation, and doesn't fit into Star Wars at all.

What wasn't explained was all the motives. I get not explaining those to keep the beings mystical, but if they want the Ones to be mysterious, they should just not tell us about them. Let the fans draw their own conclusions. The fans of magic have their magic, the fans of sci-fi have their sci-fi and the non-magical Force, Lucas has...whatever it is he believes about the Star Wars universe now, and everybody's happy. There are other mysteries left unexplained - I'm looking at you, Yoda's past.

There are other mysteries left unexplained - I'm looking at your past, Yoda.

That is sacred ground right there. They can write their CW however the want, but messing with Yoda... :sadnew: Sadly, I can see them filling in the blanks here. They added blanks to Maul. They took some away with Evan Piell. But Yoda, I hope, is left alone.

That is sacred ground right there. They can write their CW however the want, but messing with Yoda... :sadnew: Sadly, I can see them filling in the blanks here. They added blanks to Maul. They took some away with Evan Piell. But Yoda, I hope, is left alone.

You misunderstand; no one's touched Yoda, and I use that as an example of what could have been done - what was done for over two decades - with the Force. Leave it unexplained. Don't tell us about the Ones or explain the Celestials. It wouldn't have made the Force any worse.

You misunderstand; no one's touched Yoda, and I use that as an example of what could have been done - what was done for over two decades - with the Force. Leave it unexplained. Don't tell us about the Ones or explain the Celestials. It wouldn't have made the Force any worse.

I know, I'm just saying I'd really rather nobody set his history in stone, although I can completely see it being done in the future.

I re-watched the paintings of Ralph McQuarrie again.

I'm a bit sad that his somehow wild, archaic, 1940s pulp-fictional style of technology that can be found in his paintings is lost between ESB and ROTJ, and is practically non-existant in the PT and TCW.

Edited by Brickadeer

So I just finished Apocalypse, and...wow, I have so much to say about this book. Not much of it good, I'm afraid.

I'm going to get straight to the point: the main revelation of the book is that Abeloth is one of the Ones. Those of you who watch TCW know that the Ones were three individuals representing parts of the Force: Daughter, the Light Side; Son, the Dark Side; and Father, the Keeper of Balance. According to the Killiks, the Ones were the masters and architects of the galaxy, what the Celestials became...sort of. It's all mixed up. (on a similar note, a Killik relief in the book confirms what was previously the widely accepted theory that the Corellian system was assembled using Centerpoint Station) Abeloth was apparently originally a mortal who was a servant to the Ones who took the role of Mother, and, envying their agelessness, she drank from the Font of Power and swam in the Pool of Knowledge. (which are both physical Dark Side nexuses and parts of the realm 'beyond shadows', which is more like a magical spiritual thing than any sort of sci-fi fantasy Force thing, in my opinion) This took place on Abeloth's Planet, in the middle of the Maw, where all the Ones originally lived. Discovering what Abeloth had done, the other Ones abandoned her, ordered the Killiks to construct the Maw to trap her, and moved to the Mortis monolith.

All this is both told in the book by the Killiks, but it's also revealed that Yoda apparently told Luke during the latter's training on Dagobah of Obi-Wan and Anakin's encounter with Mortis and the Ones during the Clone Wars, which seems to me like a very lazy way of linking the two series together than the author (writers?) didn't put too much thought into. The Jedi eventually report to Luke that the Killiks say that Abeloth is the Bringer of Chaos (the Destructor of Keshiri legend) who escapes every several thousand years to plunge the galaxy into an apocalypse and usher in a new era. Each time that happens, the Son and Daughter order the Killiks to reconstruct everything and build Abeloth a prison. Unfortunately, as TCW watchers know, the other three Ones were slain on Mortis during the Clone Wars, so the Jedi won't be able to get the Killiks to reconstruct stuff. At the end of the book, Luke sends ten Jedi out to search for the Mortis monolith and the Dagger of Mortis (a 'Force-imbued' dagger that can kill the Ones permanently, which, in my opinion, is just a really stupid magical artifact out of a fantasy video game that TCW writers decided to throw in. [or were told by Lucas to throw in, which wouldn't surprise me])

Luke tells the Jedi that the Father had asked Anakin to take his place as the Keeper of Balance, and the latter refused, and in that story arc the three original Ones were killed. Abeloth apparently wants to recreate the Ones, only with herself in the Father's place, taking Ben Skywalker and Vestara Khai and trying to make them drink from the Font of Power to become the Son of Light and Daughter of Darkness, respectively. (so now we have a magical font and a magical pool to give power and a magical dagger to kill those powerful beings :hmpf: ) Eventually, Abeloth's avatars are killed. One is killed by Tahiri Veila and Boba Fett. (Fett, by the way, is rescued by Tahiri from a webbed plant thing, which makes Fett look very not-so-badass in this book :sceptic: ) Another is killed by Saba Sebatyne when the Jedi, ah, sinks her fangs into the neck of a visual representation of a virtual Abeloth living inside the Jedi Temple's computer core. (it doesn't make sense to me, either :wacko: ) Another is killed by Ben and Vestara in the Maw, when Vestara draws on the Dark Side power of the Font of Power (not drinking from it, just drawing on it) to overcome Abeloth.

The final avatar is killed 'beyond shadow' by Luke and an unidentified individual who wears spiked armor and has tattoos radiating from his eyes, which I suspected and Wookieepedia confirms is Darth Krayt/A'Sharad Hett. (personally, the whole story of Hett living for centuries and becoming the Sith Emperor and main antagonist of the Legacy comics series has always annoyed me and seemed like another attempt to mold a somewhat popular EU character into a badass Dark Side user, sort of like Quinlan Vos, who, for the record, I have never been a huge fan of, but that's all my personal preference) It is also revealed that Krayt is the dark figure that Jacen Solo saw on the Throne of Balance, but Jacen tells Luke (while 'beyond shadows', talking from the Magical-Fantasy-Pool-of-Taking-Unnecessary-Effort-to-Contact-the-Dead-Instead-of-Trying-to-Contact- a-Force-Ghost/Spirit-Thingy that he turned to the Dark Side and became Darth Caedus not because of the figure sitting on the throne, but because he saw Allana Solo standing next to the throne. Luke tells Jacen that by altering the future, he released Abeloth. (that makes no sense to me, either) Krayt tells Jacen that he didn't alter the future, but that he just delayed it. (Krayt, as we know, turns out to be right, since he becomes the ruler of the galaxy in Legacy)

I'm beginning to kind of see where the whole Ones thing is going: (and this is all pure speculation on my part, for now) Anakin, as the Chosen One, was taken to Mortis and offered the position of Keeper of Balance among the Ones. He was given the opportunity to bring true balance to the Force, and he refused. He remains the Chosen One only in the sense of the Jedi prophecy. The Jedi legend of the Chosen One states that the Force is a light-side power, but that the Dark Side corrupts it, and the Chosen One brings balance by eliminating the Sith. In that sense, Anakin fulfills the prophecy when he kills Palpatine during the Battle of Endor, but that's only a very temporary restoration of balance, and he doesn't ever bring true balance to the Force. I really have no idea whether any of this is connected to the Throne of Balance. Seriously, it's all mixed up and very confusing. The current version of the vision of the Throne of Balance, by the way, as seen by Luke during Fate of the Jedi, shows Allana Solo sitting on the Throne as a Jedi Queen.

Anyways, moving past all the Force-magic stuff, the book has a couple other major occurrences: there is an attempted assassination of Allana by Vestara, which involves a thermal detonator blowing off the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon. At the end of the book, the cockpit is replaced and Denning makes extra effort to mention the new adjustable seats in the cockpit, which, I think, is a very subtle way of showing that the galaxy has moved on from the death of Chewbacca. The Wookiee-sized copilot's seat that was a constant reminder of Chewbacca is now form-fitting and appropriate for humans. I kind of liked the moving on, even if Chewie, like Mara, was a character that should never have been killed off by anything other than old age, in my opinion, but what I didn't like was blowing up the cockpit in the first place. It's the Millennium Falcon. You don't tamper with it. (other than the sensor dish, of course, which you are free to knock off or blow up whenever you want)

Also, by the end of the book, Vestara has accepted the fact that she is a Sith and Ben is a Jedi, and she leaves in Ship to find other Sith. Me, I say, "good riddance". Their teenage romance annoyed me. I can't put my finger on the reason, but it always seemed to me that it wasn't portrayed realistically. I'm also glad that she's gone, at least for now, because I was afraid that the writers would try to change her into the next Mara Jade, who, like all those things TCW has tried to create new versions of, simply cannot be replaced.

Additionally, the Jedi end up at odds with the government again, and end up leaving Coruscant again. I'm rather tired of all the political stuff surrounding the Jedi - another reason I think the OT was better: the Senate only exists for half of one of its movies. We do know the Jedi are based on Ossus by the time of Legacy, though, so it's a good time to start the transition, though I think that this is going to the make the Jedi into more of a secluded group focused on things that are going to delve even deeper in the almost-magical elements which I despise in Star Wars.

And, finally, the book ends with the marriage of Jaina to Jagged Fel, who leaves his job as Imperial Head of State. That's probably the one thing in the entire book which I had no real problems with. (I can't make a real judgment on how their romance was portrayed, since I never finished Legacy of the Force)

As a whole, the book was one big revelation that basically was there to tie up all the loose ends of the mysteries presented by the previous books of the series. Personally, I feel that a lot of the motives weren't really explained that well, and there was way too much of the almost-magical stuff included as an answer to all the mystery. It's like they decided to make all these characters go off to discover the greatest mysteries of the universe, and then just decided to say at the end, "magic did it!", which is an excuse, not an explanation. Furthermore, do we really need to know about all these magical Force-beings and Force-places and ancient species who constructed the universe? When all I knew was the OT, Jedi were special. The Force was special. The Force was not magic. The Force seemed unique to Star Wars. Now, not only are there thousands of not very special Jedi and planets full of not very special Sith, but neither is even that powerful compared to all these greater species that keep being introduced. Some mysteries are better left unexplained. When I first read the Corellian Trilogy, Centerpoint Station represented technology of ages past. Now, it's nothing more than a simple tool of magical beings whose powers are such that they near the status of gods. Star Wars, yes, is sci-fi fantasy, not pure sci-fi, but that doesn't mean that all the technology should be dwarfed by magical powers. I don't need to know all the mysteries of the Star Wars universe and the Force. Characters can be special without the Force and without having magical, god-like powers. Han Solo is special. Chewbacca was special. Boba Fett was special. The droid duo is special. Leia was special before anyone knew she was Force-sensitive. And this is not just an OT thing, because I think that the entire storyline of the six movies made a reasonable amount of sense from a scientific point of view such that it remained clearly a part of the sci-fi genre. Some elements of Star Wars to me nowadays seem like pure magical fantasy, just with spaceships.

We don't need magical powers in Star Wars. To me, this book seems like writers decided to take all the things TCW did wrong and try to apply them to an adult, post-OT novel. Unfortunately, it appears that Star Wars is heading further and further into the magical realm of things. The end of the book clearly hints that Mortis is coming back, very possibly as the primary plot point of the next major post-OT novel series. I didn't finish New Jedi Order because the Yuuzhan Vong didn't really interest me. I didn't finish Legacy of the Force because I had no desire to read about Jacen's fall and Mara's death. But I know one thing, and that is that if Mortis returns as the central plot point of the next novel series, it will be the first post-OT novel series that I will have no desire whatsoever to ever begin reading.

Oh, and this book has Squibs. :ugh:

That is....raaaugh! Where is a Sarlacc to feed stupid authors to when you need it?!

Personally, I really enjoyed the Legacy of the Force books (aside from Troy Denning's megablocks), Mara's death was brutal to read--you're in the middle of a big fight, and you're expecting a plannet-shattering climax to be able to kill Mara (I mean, it took a moon to kill Chewie!), and...poison dart. Everything stops so suddenly, and it's like being punched in the chest when you first read it. It was really, really well done, and it makes you finally hate Jacen, like you have to. The Legacy comics have been great, too, so far. FotJ, tho...everyone who worked on that series should be banned from Star Wars, permanently. I KNOW Karen Traviss wasn't involved, she could have made it work, somehow. The others can go to Mustafar for what they've done.

Frankly, FotJ has frusterated me in a few ways since the beginning. Now, I haven't read the whole series yet- I just saw Vortex today in paperback for the first time- but what I have read I have a lot of mixed feelings about. It started really interesting, with the whole thing of finding-what-happened with-Jacen. Too quickly, thoguh, it jsut got wrapped up in mystical mumbo-jumbo I really dislike and find deluding. It always seems to take away from a story to me. The Jedi Vs. Government thing was a classic SW conflict, but I consistantly feel it's done badly. It was tiresome in NJO, and it's tiresome here. The fact that they're keeping it up is just frustrating. LotF is the only one that I felt did it right. Speaking of LotF, thus far I've really enjoyed it more than FotJ. The thing that really made it work was the fact that this big dillema was happening with this amazing war in the background, which is something that's really classic-SW, and worked perfectly. Each book had changes/advancments in both the war and the Skywalker/Solo family's situation. FotJ doesn't have that background, instead it has this political mess which is tiresome, and thus far has only seemd interesting to me in Backlash. Also, LotF brought in a lot of old charecters we hadn't seen in a long time, as well as other classic elements of SW- grand space battles, npic duels, etc. FotJ was written almost right after LotF ended, thus the whole 'bring back charecters' aspect was lost. As well, there's little-to-none of the elements mentioned being incorporated.

I'm really hoping they don't do another 9-book series of novels, but if they do, they better do the following.

1. Don't Get Denning. Denning's books are generally dry, dull, and boring. And he ruins stuff. Keep Allstan, because he's great author, as well as humorous, keep Golden if you want, but lose Denning.

2. Remember That This is Star Wars, Not World of Warcraft. Make it feel like Star Wars. Use a full cast of charecters, Jedi and not. Bring in space battles, and duels and stuff. But do not, do not make it some lame mystical fantasy that we don't care about. Do not incorporate magic, or say 'A wizard did it!', because that's also lame and cliche.

3. Make a Good, Interesting Background. And this one ties into Number 2. If you don't care about the background, chances are, you won't care about the foreground. Again I say, LotF was great because it has an interesting background which complented the foreground. The two were connected and itnertwined, yet it was still obvious which was which.

4. Don't Mess up Charecters. Which ties into Number 1 in a way. Don't mess up a charecter's story, not ruin the charecter and general. And if you're going to kill the charecter, do it well. Give it emotion, not a few cheap pages which ruins the charecter anyways. And, just because there's no real better place to put it, don't use the whole 'Luke Heard it on Dagobah' gag. It's been used a painfully numerous amount of times, and using it again in FotJ just about does it for me.

5. Have Fun With It. Exactly what it says on the tin. If you don't have fun writing it, we won't have fun reading it. Plain and simple. Make it good, but make it fun as well. SW have always been fun movies, and it's books should be as well.

Now, I realise DelRey probably never comes over here, but I felt like stating this anyways.

1. Don't Get Denning. Denning's books are generally dry, dull, and boring. And he ruins stuff. Keep Allstan, because he's great author, as well as humorous, keep Golden if you want, but lose Denning.

It's been a while since I read Golden's last book, but I remember that I didn't really like it. She's new to Star Wars, and I think it shows. Of course, in my perfect world, all Star Wars books would be written by Zahn, Anderson, Reaves, or Perry...but that's not happening. :laugh: In Denning's defense, he did have to tie up all the loose ends set up in the previous eight books, but I think a lot of the mystery simply wasn't set up well. Good mysteries are not based on "Why does this character have ridiculous amounts of power?" A good mystery would be, "Why is this military genius always two steps ahead of us?" or "Who assassinated this person without Force powers and didn't leave a trace?".

4. Don't Mess up Charecters. Which ties into Number 1 in a way. Don't mess up a charecter's story, not ruin the charecter and general. And if you're going to kill the charecter, do it well. Give it emotion, not a few cheap pages which ruins the charecter anyways. And, just because there's no real better place to put it, don't use the whole 'Luke Heard it on Dagobah' gag. It's been used a painfully numerous amount of times, and using it again in FotJ just about does it for me.

Indeed. And stop trying to radically transform characters. You don't need to transform a major character to have an interesting story. You don't even need major characters. Death Star was a great book, and all the main characters of the saga appear in that book only as minor characters.

It's been a while since I read Golden's last book, but I remember that I didn't really like it. She's new to Star Wars, and I think it shows.

You don't need to transform a major character to have an interesting story. You don't even need major characters. Death Star was a great book, and all the main characters of the saga appear in that book only as minor characters.

I don't really have a specific opinion yet on Golden's books. What I do know, is that the reasons I disliekd her books in FotJ were because of plot, not writing.

I totally agree. In fact, my more favored series (Republic Commando, X-Wing, etc) are totally based on the minor charecters of the movies, if they're in the movies at all.

It's been a while since I read Golden's last book, but I remember that I didn't really like it. She's new to Star Wars, and I think it shows. Of course, in my perfect world, all Star Wars books would be written by Zahn, Anderson, Reaves, or Perry...but that's not happening. :laugh:

Add Traviss to that list, she is amazing. Haven't read Anderson, Reaves, or Perry, suggestions?

In Denning's defense, he did have to tie up all the loose ends set up in the previous eight books, but I think a lot of the mystery simply wasn't set up well. Good mysteries are not based on "Why does this character have ridiculous amounts of power?" A good mystery would be, "Why is this military genius always two steps ahead of us?" or "Who assassinated this person without Force powers and didn't leave a trace?".

No, Denning just can't write. He was handed a brilliant plot and setup from Allston and Traviss, and he somehow completely effed it up in LotF. I mean, the plot outline was great, the elements were all there, what quite possibly could have been the best megablokin' book in the Star Wars expanded Universe was dropped in his lap--there was no way someone should have been able to mess that up--and yet he messed it up. His writing is bland and lifeless, and if I ever hear he's been given the beginning or end slots for a series of Star Wars books again I may have to burn my Jedi robes in shame. :tongue:

Indeed. And stop trying to radically transform characters. You don't need to transform a major character to have an interesting story. You don't even need major characters. Death Star was a great book, and all the main characters of the saga appear in that book only as minor characters.

Yeah, what happened to those loads, and loads, and loads of characters that were created back in the day? You can't bring back a character that's been gone for a long time if you don't create them in the first place. So many characters have been killed off over the years, we need to replenish the ranks, and not just with the characters' kids growing up. Give us interesting people! If you can't come up with any, go talk to the people using the Star Wars roleplaying games, they'd love to help, and they actually know what they are doing!

Someone earlier mentioned that they were glad what's-her-face Sith girl was put on a bus, so she couldn't become a new Mara Jade. I agree with that; the post-Legacy of the Force era already has its Mara Jade: Morrigan Corrde. She may not be a Jedi, but she fills that role, and there's no need to add another.

And now just because it'll raise ire and discussion: Does anyone else think it's about time for them to kill off Luke already? Discuss. :grin:

And just because I'm bored, a checklist of things that need to be done to set up for the Legacy comics:

[X] Establish the line of Force-sensitive Fel emperors, which will lead to Roan Fel and his daughter Marasiah.

[ ] Begin the Imperial Knight program (hinted at)

[ ] Begin the Vongforming initiative that will be sabotaged by the Sith and the Empire.

[ ] Kill Luke.

[ ] Once Ben grows up, find him a wife so they can have Kol Skywalker.

[ ] Begin shifting the Jedi to Ossus.

[ ] this space reserved for further plot points from Legacy that I don't know about yet

And now just because it'll raise ire and discussion: Does anyone else think it's about time for them to kill off Luke already? Discuss. default_laugh2.gif

To be honest, when reading LotF, I was under the impression Luke was going to die. I think I ahs misread some article or something, but that was what I had thought, and frankly, it would have been the perfect time. I'm actually surprised mroe of the original cast hasn't been killed yet but the fact is- how do you do it? I can't help but feel that a lot of the time main charecter die, it's done poorly. When Luke dies- and it is a matter of when, not if- it better be done right.

Haven't read Anderson, Reaves, or Perry, suggestions?

Reaves and Perry often work together. Death Star was a great book with no main movie characters appearing as major characters in the book. One of them wrote Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, which I think illustrates what a novel about a single Sith should be - and what Darth Plagueis failed to be. Anderson wrote the Jedi Academy trilogy, which really set up a lot of our current characters. Among Zahn, Anderson, and Lucas, we get the majority of our main characters. Mara, Jacen, Jaina? Zahn's work. Daala, Kyp, Tenel Ka? Anderson's work. (Anderson, by the way, married Rebecca Moesta, who wrote Young Jedi Knights and set up all the original members of the next generation of Jedi - that series is targeted at kids, though; I'm not a huge fan of it)

what quite possibly could have been the best megablokin' book in the Star Wars expanded Universe was dropped in his lap

In my opinion, no EU book will ever be better than Heir to the Empire. :grin:

Someone earlier mentioned that they were glad what's-her-face Sith girl was put on a bus, so she couldn't become a new Mara Jade. I agree with that; the post-Legacy of the Force era already has its Mara Jade: Morrigan Corrde. She may not be a Jedi, but she fills that role, and there's no need to add another.

That was me. Except that in my opinion, Corrde isn't a new Mara Jade, because there can never be another Mara Jade.

By the way, I was looking up various core characters on Wookieepedia to confirm their first appearances, and I found that Anakin Solo (shouldn't have been killed, in my opinion) was supposed to take Luke's place as leader of the Jedi, but it was Lucas who decided that his path was too similar to that of his namesake, leading to his being killed off in Star by Star. Oh! Look! Star by Star was Denning's work, too! :sceptic:

And now just because it'll raise ire and discussion: Does anyone else think it's about time for them to kill off Luke already? Discuss. :grin:

I have the very improbable hope that that event is never described in any publication. Just leave the gap in the timeline, and let fans draw their own conclusions. I'm pretty sure that no author could ever do his death justice.

That was me. Except that in my opinion, Corrde isn't a new Mara Jade, because there can never be another Mara Jade.

I have the very improbable hope that that event is never described in any publication. Just leave the gap in the timeline, and let fans draw their own conclusions. I'm pretty sure that no author could ever do his death justice.

OK, let's say she's taken over the role of edgy, badass hero that doesn't cross the lines into either sentimentality or unlikeablility. :grin:

If Zahn or Traviss wrote it, I'd read it.

By the way, I was looking up various core characters on Wookieepedia to confirm their first appearances, and I found that Anakin Solo (shouldn't have been killed, in my opinion) was supposed to take Luke's place as leader of the Jedi, but it was Lucas who decided that his path was too similar to that of his namesake, leading to his being killed off in Star by Star. Oh! Look! Star by Star was Denning's work, too! default_sceptic.gif

I've been rereading NJO lately, and am currently on Star by Star. It's one of the dryest books I've ever read. Unfortunately it's also the second-longest SW book (I think) being one-upped by the fantastic Vision of the Future, by Timothy Zahn.

This is a week late, but there's a bunch of pre-alpha gameplay footage of the canceled Battlefront 3 right here. Just a little look into the epic game that could have been. :cry3:

Also, some screenshots here: LINK

Spark Unlimited Announced that they aren't making the game by the way.

EDIT: Oops! Sorry, didn't mean to double-post.

This is a week late, but there's a bunch of pre-alpha gameplay footage of the canceled Battlefront 3 right here. Just a little look into the epic game that could have been. :cry3:

Oh crap, I really wanted that game, thanks for the shots though :thumbup:.

So, they were making one of the greatest Star Wars games ever, and then they cancelled it. They think it's a good business strategy, to cancel a great game like this, not even make KOTOR 3 or Republic Commandos 2, but keep making games like Kinect Star Wars, or the Force Unleashed series.

Come on, Farnsworth, it's time to go. :sadnew:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35TbGjt-weA

So, they were making one of the greatest Star Wars games ever, and then they cancelled it. They think it's a good business strategy, to cancel a great game like this, not even make KOTOR 3 or Republic Commandos 2, but keep making games like Kinect Star Wars, or the Force Unleashed series.

Though TFU series is really good, but the fact remains SWBFII was the biggest selling SW game, not making a sequel to that is just stupid.

Still people are making great mods fro BFII still, I'll just have to put up with that, or learn to mod myself.

I am extremely sorry to say this, but that is not BF3. That's a console version of BF:ES. :sadnew:

I am extremely sorry to say this, but that is not BF3. That's a console version of BF:ES. :sadnew:

Hmm ES was only available for the DS and PSP, the shots are for X-Box, also there was no Interdictor class in ES.

I find that very hard to believe. I own BF:ES and it's nothing like that! All those maps and some of the vehicles are new. Besides, why would everyone be saying that it is BF3 if it's not true. :wacko:

Well, whatever the game is called, I want it! :cry2:

I find it very unlikely that a Star Wars Battlefront 3 will never be made, but it may take a long time (Like KotOR, though I'm not totally sure if TOR counts as a sequel.).