Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Wren's gonna show up in Quest 31, though, right? :look:

You'll just have to wait and see. :wink:

You'll just have to wait and see. :wink:

All right, I will.

Man, I hope she shows up in Quest 31, I'm really looking forward to it.

This is gonna be SO awesome. :grin:

That's what I mean to say. I'll save my ether for later. While everyone is fighting around me, I sneak around looking for a purse to pick. :devil:

You could easily attack Canute, which would be more useful than nothing.

You don't really need a .bmp file for clarity. Sure, it is very handy for really large photos, but for forum-use, .jpegs and .png files are better, IMO, they take way less time to load and the quality is good too. The reason why Flipz's picture's quality is low, is because he probably took the picture in an ill-lit space and then edited the contrasts in Photoshop :classic: .

:wall:

I meant .PNG, d'oh!

Edited by Scorpiox

Which, you know, wasn't as invulnerable as you thought. :poke:

Continuing this in Rules and Discussion because it doesn't apply any longer to the current battle in the Arena.

In actual quests, Rows will be factored into the total Damage, so the shield will be much more effective.

Continuing this in Rules and Discussion because it doesn't apply any longer to the current battle in the Arena.

In actual quests, Rows will be factored into the total Damage, so the shield will be much more effective.

True...until QMs start dragging you to the Front Row and making enemies that pierce SP. :devil_snicker:

So, if Arthur successfully convinces Cinna to sell her shovel for 5 Gold, and he spends 30 gold on a Grand Tonic (since it gives back more Ether for the same amount of Gold as two Tonics), what should he spend the remaining 5 on: a Venom, a Smoke Bomb, or a Potion?

True...until QMs start dragging you to the Front Row and making enemies that pierce SP. :devil_snicker:

So, if Arthur successfully convinces Cinna to sell her shovel for 5 Gold, and he spends 30 gold on a Grand Tonic (since it gives back more Ether for the same amount of Gold as two Tonics), what should he spend the remaining 5 on: a Venom, a Smoke Bomb, or a Potion?

I know but I don't want every enemy to have that special as it defeats the purpose of investing in a really good shield. It's really become an interesting challenge because not only are there two members with high shield levels in my quest, but also a player with the assassinate ability. Out of curiosity how many QM's have their battles set from the very beginning stats wise and don't change them at all during the quest? Also while we're on the topic of SP has anyone really considered what will happen further on down the line as far as hit points are concerned? Sure at the low levels there's a considerable difference between a knight per say and a mage but once you hit level 30, I don't think a 5 HP difference is going to make much of an effect.

Oh and Flipz, I'd say potion.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Also while we're on the topic of SP has anyone really considered what will happen further on down the line as far as hit points are concerned? Sure at the low levels there's a considerable difference between a knight per say and a mage but once you hit level 30, I don't think a 5 HP difference is going to make much of an effect.

You forget the giant health bonuses you get by choosing an advanced class. Atramor's 9 hitpoints over Alexis - who's 3 levels higher than him.

I too would go with Potion

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

You forget the giant health bonuses you get by choosing an advanced class. Atramor's 9 hitpoints over Alexis - who's 3 levels higher than him.

I too would go with Potion

Point taken :blush: So I guess it's just the 10-15 level range which feels a little unbalanced.

I know but I don't want every enemy to have that special as it defeats the purpose of investing in a really good shield. It's really become an interesting challenge because not only are there two members with high shield levels in my quest, but also a player with the assassinate ability. Out of curiosity how many QM's have their battles set from the very beginning stats wise and don't change them at all during the quest? Also while we're on the topic of SP has anyone really considered what will happen further on down the line as far as hit points are concerned? Sure at the low levels there's a considerable difference between a knight per say and a mage but once you hit level 30, I don't think a 5 HP difference is going to make much of an effect.

Oh and Flipz, I'd say potion.

My thoughts would be, to create one enemy per Quest that's specifically tailored to be strong against a given character, one specifically tailored to let the character show off their special abilities, and one that's tailored to be difficult for the whole party. At least, as long as there ARE battles on the Quest; there are certainly ways to allow for XP gain from puzzles and the like... :devil:

EDIT: To clarify: these enemies would be intermixed with each other and spaced out, in order to balance the Quest as a whole. :wink:

All right, if Cinna sells the shovel to me, I'll go for that.

Edited by Flipz

Out of curiosity how many QM's have their battles set from the very beginning stats wise and don't change them at all during the quest?

I certainly change my enemies during the quest to counterbalance the progress of the party. That should be common practice, or else the party will get off either too easy or will be doomed to fail the quest.

I have a perhaps interesting question for people, from a roleplaying perspective: What is your character's fighting style? Of course GM's describe how the battles went, but if you are anything like me, you have a vague picture in your head how your character fights, for example: this is what I think Guts would fight like:

(2.30 - 4.00 Worth watching whole thing, in 720p)

Out of curiosity how many QM's have their battles set from the very beginning stats wise and don't change them at all during the quest?

I always change mine during the quest based on what I've seen the players do. Unfortunately, I tend to underestimate my heroes sometimes. :blush: Quest 31 will be harder, I promise you that.

Quest 31 will be harder, I promise you that.

Are the enemy Specials really good?

I hope the enemy Specials are really good.

:devil_laugh:

I have a perhaps interesting question for people, from a roleplaying perspective: What is your character's fighting style? Of course GM's describe how the battles went, but if you are anything like me, you have a vague picture in your head how your character fights, for example: this is what I think Guts would fight like:

That's an interesting question. I would think that Alisha would fight more like

(3:05 to 4:40, the blonde one with the huge sword), but there are numerous other styles that I think might fit her as well.

I have a perhaps interesting question for people, from a roleplaying perspective: What is your character's fighting style?

Tough question...I don't have any particular style in mind, but I don't think I could come up with anything better than this anyway.

This however gives Atramor an idea, and he uses Cronk's shield as a springboard to launch his attack. His recklessness does not go unrewarded, as the rogue manages to slice the swordsman for 16 damage, and restoring 2 health with his dagger's power. Rufindel tries to heal the rogue, but Atramor's badass acrobatics make him a hard target, and the healing does not reach the rogue.

:grin:

In any case, as a former pirate, I'd think it involves a lot of wild hacking, stealing gold, and dishonorable tactics like backstabbing. Of course, all with a dagger or shortsword of some kind rather than cutlasses and rapiers. As a Witch, for whatever reason, I keep thinking of bloodbending from Avatar: The Last Airbender. :blush::laugh: Specific scene and such forgotten.

For those of you who might have been looking for it, I just post Alexis and Althior's Room. It's over in the Historica section.

That's really cool. :thumbup: :thumbup: But where's Finnegan? :tongue:

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

My thoughts exactly, since apparently and orc named Obadiah makes up for the genius of Finnegan. :tongue:

I think mine would ba an odd mish-mash between Kim Possible, Samurai Jack, and the Iron Man live-action movies. When I reach Sorcerer, it'll be similar, just add lots of Teleport Spam whenever an attack misses me or fails to affect me.

For those of you who might have been looking for it, I just post Alexis and Althior's Room. It's over in the Historica section.

Nice work Masked Builder.

Palathadric, attack Canute from the back row, so he doesn't get a Free Hit on the party!

Huh?!? Eric is attacking him already as is Daxus.

EDIT: Ooops...made a mistake and wrote "Viking" instead of Canute for Eric.

Edited by palathadric

I, no thanks to K-nut, don't have his head. But I may update it.

My thoughts exactly, since apparently and orc named Obadiah makes up for the genius of Finnegan. :tongue:

Gee sorry!

Nice work Masked Builder.

Thanks. :sweet: