Sign in to follow this  
ruxtpin

Greetings from Atlanta, GA

Hi there,

I know this is the "Euro"-bricks forum, but I see some other members from the states floating around. Figured I'd join in on the fun.

My name is Chris, 28 y/o AFOL, currently living in the Atlanta area. I'm an avid runner in my free time, and I've recently gotten back into Lego after years of not touching a brick. Most recently I snagged the Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium, Obi-Wan's starfighter, and a few smaller Star Wars sets. I find the modulars fantastic and hope to create MOCs that will fit with the retail sets.

I just need to find out where my mum stored all my Lego sets from when I was a kid. She told me she kept the instructions, so I might be sitting on a goldmine of sets that need to be re-built.

Hi, Chris, welcome to EB...

If you don't already know, you need to check out the LEGO store at Discover Mills in Lawrenceville; There's a LEGO discovery center at Phipps Plaza (it's for kids though... and, except for special events, you can only get in with a kid). There's another full LEGO store opening in Alpharetta in June (15th).

Finally, there's DixieLUG, the area's LEGO users group (also on Facebook), and NGLTC (North Georgia LEGO Train Club, if you're into trains). Their website is not really functional at the moment.

Hi, Chris, welcome to EB...

If you don't already know, you need to check out the LEGO store at Discover Mills in Lawrenceville; There's a LEGO discovery center at Phipps Plaza (it's for kids though... and, except for special events, you can only get in with a kid). There's another full LEGO store opening in Alpharetta in June (15th).

I cannot wait for the store to open in Alpharetta! I work at Verizon's HQ up there. I can foresee many purchases at that store once it opens. I stopped by the Discover Mills store once too. I need to get back out there and make use of the pick-a-brick. (First I gotta' get some shelving to put all my purchases on though.) =P

Thanks for the links. I'll check emm' out !

I cannot wait for the store to open in Alpharetta! I work at Verizon's HQ up there. I can foresee many purchases at that store once it opens. I stopped by the Discover Mills store once too. I need to get back out there and make use of the pick-a-brick. (First I gotta' get some shelving to put all my purchases on though.) =P

Thanks for the links. I'll check emm' out !

Greetings. I'm in Atlanta as well, midtown area. When you go in discovery mills ask Scott about he DixieLUG group.