Legoman

New Zealand: "Where to find Lego"

Series 7 collectible minifigs - Who has seen the previews? what ones are people interested in getting? and in what numbers? and if suitable compatibilities can be arranged, who is interested in sharing the costs of getting a whole box (or 2)?

Personally, I would like to get my hands on the Valkyries and bagpipers myself.

cheers

Nick

Have you got the 7946's yet? Im interested to know if fishpond is actually sending sets and not giving you that out of stock email.

Wow, sounds like i will have to go have a looky in the red shed soonish. :sweet:

CF

Yes I have my castles... It is worth noting that whenever I get the "we are out of stock" emails, Fishpond has always given me the option of waiting for new stock or cancelling. I have never had an order cancelled on me before without my consent, so I wonder why others have had such bad luck? Either way , I have bought dozens of sets from them at under half price and all have shown up :) (Sometimes I have had to ask for them to show up however!)

Series 7 collectible minifigs - Who has seen the previews? what ones are people interested in getting? and in what numbers? and if suitable compatibilities can be arranged, who is interested in sharing the costs of getting a whole box (or 2)?

Personally, I would like to get my hands on the Valkyries and bagpipers myself.

cheers

Nick

Ill be grabbing a few boxes when these come out. We could sort something out if you like?

It's definately worth looking at importing if you're looking to buy bulk figs, Amazon had S6 boxes of 60 down to $165ish a week or 2 ago :wink:

I honestly love that place, getting 3 Ramses Pyrimids for $13.80 each landed has to be one of my best buys this year!

Yeah, I'd like to know that too, is Fishpond actually usable for LEGO purchases now?

All I ever heard about their service was horrible :sceptic:

Last time I looked at Fishpond, they would take a $100 set (for example), add shipping ($6.00 for example), then inflate the 'full price' to make it $150 and give you a 'generous discount' to sell it at the 'bargain' price of $106 with 'free shipping'.

I guess there are enough suckers in the world to keep that particular business model running.

Last time I looked at Fishpond, they would take a $100 set (for example), add shipping ($6.00 for example), then inflate the 'full price' to make it $150 and give you a 'generous discount' to sell it at the 'bargain' price of $106 with 'free shipping'.

I guess there are enough suckers in the world to keep that particular business model running.

Yeah, i remember the days they'd have the first battle packs on for $80 :laugh:

Hey someone mentioned the UCS 10221 SSD, fishpond (no kidding :tongue: ) has it for $800, not sure if thats any competition with overseas prices though...

On a side note, my imac doesn't let me browse any stores on bricklink, but my old pc laptop does, its really weird. Anyone else having this problem? It comes with this -

ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

/store.asp, line 212

Im completely at a loss with it. :wacko:

CF

Toyworld has their Easter catalog out, not much to it really; other than the back page having 50,30,25 and 20% off coupons from Friday through to Monday :sweet: However, only the 20% off coupon can be used on Lego :sceptic:Link

Edited by epic_red

On a side note, my imac doesn't let me browse any stores on bricklink, but my old pc laptop does, its really weird. Anyone else having this problem?

No, my iMac is fine... it's running OS 10.7.3 and using Safari version 5.1.3.

Went to Toyworld today. They had the Village Mill Raid (7189)for $100, down from $150 and a whole bunch of Cars sets reduced, but I can't remember the %.

No, my iMac is fine... it's running OS 10.7.3 and using Safari version 5.1.3.

Hmm thats odd....oh well, i guess i'll just use the laptop when it comes to bricklink. :classic:

Its so annoying about not being able to use the bigger %offs from the toyworld catalogue, that 50% off would have been nice..... :wub:

CF

I'm looking for 9391. I've seen all the other 1H 2012 Technic sets except this one. Has anyone seen it?

9391-1.jpg

I'm looking for 9391. I've seen all the other 1H 2012 Technic sets except this one. Has anyone seen it?

From my list of this years sets NZ will not be getting it. A bit like the larger Cars 2 sets that are not coming here. :thumbdown:

From my list of this years sets NZ will not be getting it. A bit like the larger Cars 2 sets that are not coming here. :thumbdown:

Thanks for that; I suspected as much after ringing all the toy-selling stores earlier today.

Hey everyone,

Just popped down to the local Warehouse to make use of their 3 for $10 deal which isn't too bad and ends tomorrow I think so take advantage :classic:

They had three basically full boxes of Series 6 for me to rummage through.

On another note harmacy did Toy World have a liquidation sale?

I also live in the area and drove by but their logo and signs were all down.

Did anything happen that I miss?

Thanks

Hey everyone,

Just popped down to the local Warehouse to make use of their 3 for $10 deal which isn't too bad and ends tomorrow I think so take advantage :classic:

They had three basically full boxes of Series 6 for me to rummage through.

On another note harmacy did Toy World have a liquidation sale?

I also live in the area and drove by but their logo and signs were all down.

Did anything happen that I miss?

Thanks

I contacted the liquidator today, and have had confirmation that all the stock has been sold to a single buyer - Didnt tell me who, but Im assuming another Toyworld or toy retailer. Sadly, this means no liquidation sale :cry_sad:

I contacted the liquidator today, and have had confirmation that all the stock has been sold to a single buyer - Didnt tell me who, but Im assuming another Toyworld or toy retailer. Sadly, this means no liquidation sale :cry_sad:

Inconsiderate toy retailers! :oh3:

Anyone had news of sales in the auckland/Albany region? Warehouse i noticed had holiday sales on 4 ninjago sets and a promo for Friends:

Ninjago:

Earth dragon defense 2509 - save $30, Now $30

Turbo Shredder 2263 - save $30, Now $30

Spinjitzu Dojo 2504 - save $35, Now $45

Fire Temple 2507 - save $126!!! Now $124!!

Friends:

Promo - buy 2 or more, get 20% off!

CF

With the 'May the 4th' Lego.com sale coming up - does anyone here have anything they are saving up for? (Oh - Im totally assuming that they will be repeating their free shipping deal)

Im thinking that I can wait for the SSD to come to NZ shops (Go the layby!!!), and will probably get R2-D2 via BL as the USD difference for that set is substantial. The Town Hall can also wait to it pops up in NZ shops, but Im thinking that it might be a good way to get some pick a brick parts that are more expensive on BL - Perhaps some large technic beams etc.

I might also get another Maersk train as I dont believe it is coming to NZ shops due to licensing issues (???), and maybe even a MMV, as theyre are quite cheap on Lego.com, and must be nearing the end of their run.

How about everyone else?

Inconsiderate toy retailers! :oh3:

Anyone had news of sales in the auckland/Albany region? Warehouse i noticed had holiday sales on 4 ninjago sets and a promo for Friends:

Ninjago:

Earth dragon defense 2509 - save $30, Now $30

Turbo Shredder 2263 - save $30, Now $30

Spinjitzu Dojo 2504 - save $35, Now $45

Fire Temple 2507 - save $126!!! Now $124!!

Friends:

Promo - buy 2 or more, get 20% off!

CF

You beat me to it CF. There's been a few decent deals at the WH lately. Alien Conquest mothership was half price the other day. Judging by the cleaned out shelves at my local, they are getting ready to roll out a bunch of the new sets. May pay to keep an eye out for more quick clearance deals over the coming weeks.

Those are some quite good deals at the Warehouse - the Fire temple especially!

With the 'May the 4th' Lego.com sale coming up - does anyone here have anything they are saving up for? (Oh - Im totally assuming that they will be repeating their free shipping deal)

Im thinking that I can wait for the SSD to come to NZ shops (Go the layby!!!), and will probably get R2-D2 via BL as the USD difference for that set is substantial. The Town Hall can also wait to it pops up in NZ shops, but Im thinking that it might be a good way to get some pick a brick parts that are more expensive on BL - Perhaps some large technic beams etc.

I might also get another Maersk train as I dont believe it is coming to NZ shops due to licensing issues (???), and maybe even a MMV, as theyre are quite cheap on Lego.com, and must be nearing the end of their run.

How about everyone else?

I don't think I'll be buying anything unless they have some sales - that said, they usually do. I'm keen to get the SSD if it goes to a decent sale price but I think it's probably too soon for that one to happen - we'll see. I'm really keen on the Chrome silver protocol droid though, so if they do free shipping and have that available, I might just buy some random stuff they have on sale to get him :tongue:

Might be worth bringing that up over at KBs - seems a lot of the kiwi chatter has moved over there these days :classic:

so we won't be getting any of the new cars 2 lego sets that sucks have to import them

Just found a little gold mine! :grin: I know some of you are into the old classics, here's a nice collection of it!

Gold Mine!!!

Hope someones interested. :sweet: Offtopic abit, does anyone have any cheap 628 baseplates they don't want anymore? Im talking cheap here. :wink:

Thanks

CF

Found a few boxes of the 2260 Ninjago Ice Dragon at a store recently. I thought we'd seen the last of these at retail in NZ, so I was pretty stoked to pick one up having passed on it for a year or so.

Judging by the BL prices this could be a rather hard to get set MISB in a surprisingly short time. I find it a little odd that the resellers would miss the Ninjago dragons as a possible target given that 2260 and the Fire Temple were in the top ten best sellers for 2011 by absolute revenue. Maybe they're biding their time, or maybe Star Wars has been sucking up a lot of the attention.

Hi all.

30% off Lego at thewarehouse.co.nz (but not in stores)

Also there is a further 20% off for warehouse card holders and team members (I just ordered the entire superheroes line..... Price: $183, savings, $155

Get in before it sells out!

Edited by Callum

Hehe. Yep, but this site isn't at all strictly European. :wink:

... That's just sad. He better have a good reason, not just trying to be you :hmpf_bad:

Your picture is beautiful.