Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

The doors to the Hall burst open in a dramatic thunderclap as a dark silhouette of a robed figure appears obscured by storm clouds crackling with Lightning. "Hello, chaps!" calls Arasmyth, walking in jovially. "Everyone was coming in all dramatically, somI felt I had to get in on the fun. He strolls over to the QuestBoard, noticing the three open Quests. "Well, it seems my latest allies have gotten themselves into a spot 'o trouble in Dastan. Haven't been that way since the time with the lightning dragon and the frying pans... I wonder if that merman ever fully recovered. Anyway, I'll sign up for Quests 31 and and 29. Also, I've got a Robe of Magi available to sell if anyone wants to buy it."

The doors to the Hall burst open in a dramatic thunderclap as a dark silhouette of a robed figure appears obscured by storm clouds crackling with Lightning. "Hello, chaps!" calls Arasmyth, walking in jovially. "Everyone was coming in all dramatically, somI felt I had to get in on the fun. He strolls over to the QuestBoard, noticing the three open Quests. "Well, it seems my latest allies have gotten themselves into a spot 'o trouble in Dastan. Haven't been that way since the time with the lightning dragon and the frying pans... I wonder if that merman ever fully recovered. Anyway, I'll sign up for Quests 31 and and 29. Also, I've got a Robe of Magi available to sell if anyone wants to buy it."

A ranger that Althior remembers walks behind his table. Althior tips his hat and turns back to his conversation. When looking at him, like Arthur, he's reminded of his latest Quest. :poke:

I notice a Sage accompanied by a servant aura turn to me and tip his hat as I pass his table. I wonder what is with all these people acting as if they know me from somewhere. No matter how hard I try, I can't recall where I have seen the Sage, though I note that he seems rather fond of Miss Alexis. Shrugging ever so slightly, I continue to the bar to enjoy a hot meal before I have to leave for another quest.

With most of the other heroes occupied, Atramor scribbles a picture of the Shiv onto a scrap of paper and pins it up onto the questboard, offering up the weapon for 40 gold.

Along with the notice that he was looking for a Witch's Talisman, as McCafferey so reminded him with a sharp peck...

Dak finds the notice, and walks over to Atramor. "I'll buy the Shiv, if it's still for sale," he says, simply and to the point.

Atramor nods sharply to the young rogue, flipping the Shiv in his hand before handing it over to Dak across his table.

"Don't throw it away 'til things get messy," he suggests, holding a hand out for the gold.

"Howdy, Arasmyth! Say, you in a generous mood? I have no robe at all..." :wink:

IC: Meanwhile De'kra is still standing by the quest sign up board, wondering why Arthur walked past him. Figuring that it must have been the time distortion, De'kra approached the Mage who appeared to be speaking to the Rogue of the Chicken.

"Good to see you Arthur," De'kra clicked, "I glad you quest was successful. I sorry about the Lion Knights in Dastan though, hopefully situation not as bad as fallout of Quest 4.

"I'm not worried. It sounds like the action of a few vigilantes causing trouble, I have full confidence in the Lion Knights. No, it's something else...something...elusive." Arthur pauses, wondering if he should even say anything. But, he had told his friend the Journal that he would talk about it, so he had to try. "De'kra," he began hesitantly, oddly aware of the intense gaze of McCafferey at his back. Snap out of it, man, it's just a chicken... "In the battle, there was...a figure. He...Brother, are there others like you? Here, on this world? I mistook him for you, at first, but he was ghostlike. Immaterial. Eight eyes, only one arm, a strange brown hat, like the Hero in that portrait wears," he said, pointing to Daxus' portrait. "But most distinctive...a long, rusted chain..." Arthur drifts off, as he remembers the resigned horror on Lord Leorry's countenance as the chain passed through him, the life draining from his body in a way thad the others had not. "His death...the Elf leader's, I mean, it was...this creature wanted him, it sought him out, and it used me to strike the finishing blow so it could have its way with him. And somehow I surprised it. It saw me notice it, I felt its surprise, deep inside me. It somehow...respects me for that. It was a creature of pure darkness...and a part of me liked it. It sensed a kinship, somehow, or something like that. Am I crazy, De'kra? Are there legends of this being in your memories? Or, and I hesitate to ask...do you know it personally?"

Arthur grimaced as he watched gold being exchanged. He was just ten Gold short of what he needed for his final Scroll, and he still wished to pay off William after that...incident. Writing a note for William with 5 Gold enclosed and leaving it in the care of Schezerade, he turned to his Rogue companions. "Say, De'kra, Atramor, would either of you be willing to loan me 15 Gold, so I may buy the last Scroll for my collection?"

"Well, no point in me hanging on to it of the young blood out there need it. Since you're a friend, you can have it free." Arasmyth bundles up the cloak and tosses it to Arthur. " Put it to good use, and I look forward to Questing with you again soon!"

"Well, no point in me hanging on to it of the young blood out there need it. Since you're a friend, you can have it free." Arasmyth bundles up the cloak and tosses it to Arthur. " Put it to good use, and I look forward to Questing with you again soon!"

"Thank you, friend! I shall indeed! 'Tis a pity that so few Heroes are requested by the Lion Knights, it would be great if both new friends and old allies could join forces together in the distant lands of this far empire."

Arthur sees an Orcish Paladin sitting at the bar. Surely this was the legendary Cronk he had heard and read so much about. "Hail and well met, mighty Paladin Cronk! Thy deeds are legend. Your next round is on me!" With a melodramatic flourish, Arthur launched four silver nobles over to the bar next to Cronk, as if conjured purely by magic. The last one clipped the ear of an unfortunate bar patron, who prompty swung around and threw his half-empty glass at Arthur. The mage, his attention returned to De'kra and Atramor, failed to notice the shield of dark energy that protected him from the projectie aimed at his back...

William sits at the bar, quietly drinking a Vodka Martini (shaken, not stirred) looking bored. He was looking at everyone at the Hall. They all looked pretty happy to him. He was lonely and bored. (in that order)

JimBeeTitle.jpg

Current Sign-ups for Quest #29: Journey to Dastan

Sorrow, Level 1 Rogue (Endgame)

Nerwen, Level 6 Cleric (Chromeknight)

Drake Flamerobe, Level 1 Knight (xxlrocka)

De'kra, Level 13 Rogue (Tanma)

Erik Tyrvarr, Level 1 Barbarian (Myrddyn)

Galen Woodward, Level 6 Rogue (Fugazi)

Dak Shadeaux, Level 11.5 Rogue (Darth Nihilus)

Tarn Valco, Level 13 Barbarian (Rumble Strike)

Sarick Lanse, Level 7 Mage (Xarrzan)

Loki Tungen, Level 1 Mage (That Guy)

Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 9 Mage (Flipz)

Atramor Gibbin, Level 16.5 Witch (CallMePie)

Helm Develgrow, Level 4 Barbarian (Sloop)

William Harkenshire, Level 11.5 Ranger (VolcanicPanik)

Arasmyth RuGard, Level 11 Mage (Kadabra)

*banner credit: Brickdoctor

Atramor returns to the hall and his table, slamming his shiny new dagger into the tabletop dramatically, as McCafferey flaps in some annoyance.

"Er, sorry, mate, what was that about borrowing money...?" default_laugh2.gif

Atramor returns to the hall and his table, slamming his shiny new dagger into the tabletop dramatically, as McCafferey flaps in some annoyance.

"Er, sorry, mate, what was that about borrowing money...?" default_laugh2.gif

"I need just 15 Gold to buy the last Scroll. I don't think Elphaba will be here much longer, so I definitely need to get it before the Quests leave. Actually, if you could loan me 25 I'd be able to pick up a Shovel as well, maybe make back the needed Gold quicker."

"Ah, I dunno. Not sure how much that mage'll charge for that talisman, if it's even for sale. And I'm told-," he glares up at McCafferey briefly before looking back at Arthur. "-it's quite an important artifact for Witches. Hope she's as agreeable as your friend here," he nods towards Arasmyth. "Once I get the bloody thing I'll be glad to loan you the coins, if I've got 'em.

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

"I understand. Good luck! If you see Cinna, tell her I'm at the Hall still and ask why she didn't answer my V-mail letters!" With that, Arthur heads for the Library.

"I understand. Good luck! If you see Cinna, tell her I'm at the Hall still and ask why she didn't answer my V-mail letters!" With that, Arthur heads for the Library.

I intercept the Mage with the pointy hat on his way to the Library.

"Good evening. My names Docken, Bartholomew Docken. Do I know you from somewhere? You seem vaguely familiar, and you gave me a look earlier as if you recognized me. Forgive me if I've forgotten you.

Anyways, I couldn't help but overhear that you were in need of cash. I'd be willing to lend up to 50 Gold, with no interest."

I intercept the Mage with the pointy hat on his way to the Library.

"Good evening. My names Docken, Bartholomew Docken. Do I know you from somewhere? You seem vaguely familiar, and you gave me a look earlier as if you recognized me. Forgive me if I've forgotten you.

Anyways, I couldn't help but overhear that you were in need of cash. I'd be willing to lend up to 50 Gold, with no interest."

"That would be MOST appreciated, thank you! I'll be sure to get it back to you when I get back from my next Quest."

Arthur accepts the deal for 50 Gold, then heads back to the Marketplace.

Skrall walked back into the hall, he had had to forgo his hunting of Wren due to two unsavory individuals at the gate, whom frequented his residence every time he returned from a quest. Unfortunately Skrall's last quest had left him with little to send back home for child support, so Skrall decided to wait about the hall while the coast cleared. As he entered the hall he noted an interesting request for 3 groups of parties all heading for Dastan, spying the highest paying notice he signed his name under Quest #31: Lions and Lambs and went to have a seat at one of the tables. The place was quite packed with the arrival of returning heroes. Skrall took a seat next to an armored orc carrying a crossbow.

"Good day to ya friend, I don't think we've met yet. Are ya one of those Wardens I keep hearin' about, with that crossbow strapped to ya?"

Arthur walks back into the Hall, the last Scroll in hand. He is musing over what best to spend his own 40 Gold on to prepare for the Dastan Empire's perils, when he bumps into a large, heroic-looking troll, sitting next to Cronk.

"Oh! My apologies, sir, I failed to watch where I was going. Say, you appear to be a Hero, like myself. I am Arthur Justus Regulus, the Seventh, a Mage of this great organization. Who would you be?"

"Good day to ya friend, I don't think we've met yet. Are ya one of those Wardens I keep hearin' about, with that crossbow strapped to ya?"

Greetings! Actually, Cronk is a Paladin. Cronk get this crossbow from fallen enemy. Cronk doesn't believe Cronk caught new friend's name?

Greetings! Actually, Cronk is a Paladin. Cronk get this crossbow from fallen enemy. Cronk doesn't believe Cronk caught new friend's name?

Skrall extended his hand, "Skrall, ex-highwayogre now Hunter. A Paladin eh? Ya mean the whole Ennoc the righteous light and stuff?"

Arthur walks back into the Hall, the last Scroll in hand. He is musing over what best to spend his own 40 Gold on to prepare for the Dastan Empire's perils, when he bumps into a large, heroic-looking troll, sitting next to Cronk.

"Oh! My apologies, sir, I failed to watch where I was going. Say, you appear to be a Hero, like myself. I am Arthur Justus Regulus, the Seventh, a Mage of this great organization. Who would you be?"

Skrall turned observing a somewhat flamboyantly dressed individual who introduced himself as a mage. Skrall inwardly groaned, it was chaps like these whom had put him out of business. "Perhaps he ain't all bad," Skrall thought to himself. "After all, I guess if I'm not yer stereotypical ogre, he ain't got to be yer stereotypical mage."

Skrall gave a slight chuckle as he addressed Arthur, "Hero? Sure if ya want to call me that, I won't object. Truth is, it's better payin' employment then my previous job. Skrall's the name. I hail from the southern part of Ennon, hired bow by trade now turned "Hero". Ya say the yer the seventh, did yer predecessors grace this Hall as well?"

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Skrall turned observing a somewhat flamboyantly dressed individual who introduced himself as a mage. Skrall inwardly groaned, it was chaps like these whom had put him out of business. "Perhaps he ain't all bad," Skrall thought to himself. "After all, I guess if I'm not yer stereotypical ogre, he ain't got to be yer stereotypical mage."

Skrall gave a slight chuckle as he addressed Arthur, "Hero? Sure if ya want to call me that, I won't object. Truth is, it's better payin' employment then my previous job. Skrall's the name. I hail from the southern part of Ennon, hired bow by trade now turned "Hero". Ya say the yer the seventh, did yer predecessors grace this Hall as well?"

"No, my family leads--led a province in my land, many months' sailing from here, farther than even the Aoi homelands. I am the first to leave my family's lands, and our family's profession, though I hope to reclaim the latter in service of Heroica one day." Even if I do reclaim the lost spells, I fear my home is forever lost to me, he thought to himself. "When I...left...my village, I remembered tales of Heroica brought to our land years ago by a witch named Elphaba--yes, the very same Elphaba who visits our Marketplace. I remembered the stories, even though we had not met in person, and sought my way here over the course of a couple of years. But enough about me, I've barely completed my first Quest. A friend of the legendary Cronk--" he inclined his head respectfully to the Orcish Paladin "--must surely have completed many heroic deeds. I have yet to finish reading the chronicles of Heroica, so please, tell me of the mighty deeds you have accomplished!"

"That would be MOST appreciated, thank you! I'll be sure to get it back to you when I get back from my next Quest."

Arthur accepts the deal for 50 Gold, then heads back to the Marketplace.

I hand Arthur 50 Gold.

"No problem. Arthur, right? Good luck."

I mutter to myself, "I swear, it seems like I spent a really long Quest of 90+ pages epic proportions with that guy."

I notice that the Mage seems engaged in other conversations now, so I head back to the bar, nodding at Skrall and Cronk as I pass.

Skrall extended his hand, "Skrall, ex-highwayogre now Hunter. A Paladin eh? Ya mean the whole Ennoc the righteous light and stuff?"

That is certainly interesting background, friend Skrall. Cronk knows not every hero knows about heroic destiny and can sometimes fall into work not suited to hero. Skrall seem to be on right path now and that make Cronk glad.

And yes, Cronk follow Righteous Light of Ennoc. But not like some supposed followers, Cronk actually care about true justice. The justice that bashes evil wherever it is found but also protects innocents from prejudice and hatred.

Cronk wanted be Hero ever since Cronk was young Orc. Cronk read many books about Heroes. When Cronk old enough to lift sword, Cronk begin training to bash evil and be hero like in books Cronk read. Unfortunately corruption grew in Goblonia, Cronk's homeland. Cronk bash evil wizard whose brother was King. King banish Cronk. Cronk wandered for long time but now Cronk knows that Ennoc was gently guiding Cronk here to help all beings. Cronk is happy to have purpose.

Cronk think maybe Ennoc guide Skrall to Cronk without Skrall knowing. This Croosbow is very heavy. Cronk not think many heroes here able to carry it very easily. But new friend Skrall look like weight would not bother Skrall. Cronk cannot use Crossbow, would Skrall like to buy it?