Klaus-Dieter

Future Star Wars Minifigs

Third this :grin:

Wouldn't quite fancy R2 chromed, I always perceived him as a bit worn/battered to undergo the chroming treatment.

Just the head then.

Just the head then.

Well, like he (Sam) said, a chromed dome. :classic:

There is a Chrome R2-D2 in the prototypes section of the Star Wars minifig wall shown in the Visual Dictionary, so it is possible. I'm not sure why that didn't make it into production.

Just the head then.

Wouldn't be quite sure - and wouldn't want to judge til I've seen one. My concern is that he looks 'worn' and TLG's shiny chrome finish wouldn't look quite realistic. Maybe the pearl silver colour they currently use on lightsaber hilts could be a better choice of dome?

Wouldn't be quite sure - and wouldn't want to judge til I've seen one. My concern is that he looks 'worn' and TLG's shiny chrome finish wouldn't look quite realistic. Maybe the pearl silver colour they currently use on lightsaber hilts could be a better choice of dome?

The same as the droid from the V-Wing? I don't think it looks shiny enough, R2 is battered but still chrome.

The same as the droid from the V-Wing? I don't think it looks shiny enough, R2 is battered but still chrome.

The astromech in the V-wing is pearl silver. I'm talking like the same colour as the up coming TC-14 promotion or the colour that the old lightsaber hilts were before 2005 when they became light bley. It wouldn't surprise me though if Lego updates R2-D2 in a year or so. Tinn's Jedi starfighter the astromech has a pearl silver dome. To make a chrome dome look more damaged LEGo could print some full silver scratches on like on the new boba fett helmet.

I'm talking like the same colour as the up coming TC-14 promotion or the colour that the old lightsaber hilts were.

Ah ok sorry.

Yeah, that was what I meant. I'd obviously have to see different variations to make a definitive judgement on what I preferred, but for me chrome R2 (as in 'proper' TC-14 chrome) just doesn't sound appealing as it isn't what I see R2 as. But then again I am an X-Wings-are-grey kinda guy :laugh:

Yeah, that was what I meant. I'd obviously have to see different variations to make a definitive judgement on what I preferred, but for me chrome R2 (as in 'proper' TC-14 chrome) just doesn't sound appealing as it isn't what I see R2 as. But then again I am an X-Wings-are-grey kinda guy :laugh:

i just found out two days ago that lego have already made an R2-D2 with a pearl silver dome. hes available in the clone wars Y-wing. i ordered one on bricklink and it arrived today. i have to say although i prefer it to the light bley dome and the old R2-D2 with printed silver on white i think the silver isn't to much noticable. maybe if lego used the silver that the assains droids are or chrome.

With the new wave of Star Wars sets and their amazingly detailed minifigures, both new and revamps, I thought it would be interesting to see what figures people want to see updated most. I'm not talking about figures that have never been released. I mean what existing figures people would like to see get a serious design update.

I would have to say Darth Vader. I have always loved Darth Vader toys that allow the separation of the helmet from the mask. With all these new amazing molds LEGO is capable of these days, it could be possible. I could see something similar to what the new Malgus wears. They could make something that fits like Malgus's breathing apparatus, only the mask would be connected to it. Then, the helmet would go on Vader's head. It could work, but it might be a bad idea. It's difficult to explain, and I have no way to create visuals.

Anyway, let the discussion begin!

I would have to say Darth Vader. I have always loved Darth Vader toys that allow the separation of the helmet from the mask. With all these new amazing molds LEGO is capable of these days, it could be possible. I could see something similar to what the new Malgus wears. They could make something that fits like Malgus's breathing apparatus, only the mask would be connected to it. Then, the helmet would go on Vader's head. It could work, but it might be a bad idea. It's difficult to explain, and I have no way to create visuals.

I second this. I'm not a fan of the current vader helmet.

I'd like the Cantina band.

I second that!!

I would also really like:

1: Mas Amedda (I hope I spelt that right)

2: Shaak Ti (non-CW)

3: Aayla Secura (non-CW)

4: Ki Adi Mundi (non-CW)

5: Boss Nass

I would really love to see a Rancor someday, I've been fascinated about this creature ever since Kinect Star Wars.

Haha, I've been facinated with the Creature ever since it scared me poopless back in 97'! That is also on the top of my list too! Why can't TLC just bite the bullet and make it already! But I think it may be in our near future given the recent spur of ROTJ tatooine sets! :classic:

We need another Boba Fett. Just, in Olive Green with LBG legs. :sweet:

We need a new Jango! He needs the same treatment as Boba, just totally detail him out and make him look amazing! While they are at it they can make a Kamino cloning facility set to throw him in :wink:

I mean, at this point it is hard to find a character not produced, but I think I would have to get my hands on the Jawas if they were re-made.

We need a new Jango! He needs the same treatment as Boba, just totally detail him out and make him look amazing! While they are at it they can make a Kamino cloning facility set to throw him in :wink:

THIS....!!! :thumbup:

A Kamino set is pretty high up on my wanted list.

For me, definitely Stass Allie or Adi Galia.

Other options are Pong Krell and Sora Bulq

I hoping to see more old republic Sith lords from Lego. Some include Exar Kun Darth Revan Drath Plageus and a Darth Malgus. Since the new summer sets have some old republic ships I think Lego would have no trouble releasing more sets with lthese old republic with lords.

I would really like to see the arena beasts from AOTC, such as the Nexu, Reek and Acklay. We really need a non-CW Dooku. More characters from Mos Eisley/Jabba's Palace would also be great, like Ree-Yees or Max Rebo. An updated Jango in a Kamino set with Lama Su and an updated AOTC Obi-Wan would be nice. The Rancor Pit is just waiting to be done. TLC can do it. If they can do the Dino TRex, a Rancor couldn't be too hard. A arena padme would be :cry_happy:, I hope TLC will give it to us.