Siegfried

CONTEST: To sail the Technic sea...

Don't ever recall a floating/water related Technic set ever being released, something I never thought of, would be kind of cool in kiddie pool during the warm months or even in the bathtub, especially if it was full RC...

Don't ever recall a floating/water related Technic set ever being released, something I never thought of, would be kind of cool in kiddie pool during the warm months or even in the bathtub, especially if it was full RC...

There have been plenty of water themed sets, but none of them actually floated.

watercraftsmall.jpg

Off topic a bit, but that is one downfall about Lego, it isn't watertight or sandtight in my case. I have an 8264 Hauler (the dump truck model built) and I wanted badly to put sand or something in it in a construction diorama scene, and I had to carefully duct tape the openings so the sand I put in it wouldn't all seep out. I can recall in my early days of Legoland Town my brother and I used to 'produce a rainstorm over our town' with a couple of spray bottles and of course all the buildings roof's leaked...just a funny old time story...

Yes, 100% correct. I'd love to see that amphibious craft...

No, that would break the "LEGO and only LEGO" rule.

@Blakbird-

I do recall the yellow amphibious model in the far left of your picture at a TRU way, way back, must have been in mid 90's??? Must be pneumatic as I see an airtank on it...

There have been plenty of water themed sets, but none of them actually floated.

watercraftsmall.jpg

@Blakbird-

I do recall the yellow amphibious model in the far left of your picture at a TRU way, way back, must have been in mid 90's??? Must be pneumatic as I see an airtank on it...

You should click the link in his post. There is a whole world of information waiting for you on the other side.

For the record, the yellow one you were referring to was 8250 (aka 8299).

The white was was the 8480 (Space Shuttle) B-model

And the other boat was 8839

Hi,

It's steph77 from belgium.

I find out this site and forum today and i wanted to know if it is still possible to present an entry for your contest.

I'll ask you comprehention for my low level in english.

Thanks for your answer.

I find out this site and forum today and i wanted to know if it is still possible to present an entry for your contest.

Barely. Pre-judging starts very soon...

Ok . It's done.

Thanks a lot.

:blush: Well sorry; since it's not a new MOC it's not allowed...

:blush: Well sorry; since it's not a new MOC it's not allowed...

My video was posted on you tube at 17 févr. 2012.

contest is posted at 13 feb 2012.

But ok i understand!

My video was posted on you tube at 17 févr. 2012.

contest is posted at 13 feb 2012.

But ok i understand!

There's an earlier video about the same model than the contest on your youtube channel, and the rules say that the model has to be new, meaning never posted anywhere before the contest. You were unlucky, that model is truly remarkable!

There's an earlier video about the same model than the contest on your youtube channel, and the rules say that the model has to be new, meaning never posted anywhere before the contest. You were unlucky, that model is truly remarkable!

no problems!

@+

I have "bad" news; I can't get my entry done in time, but I'll sure finish it somewhere in the next weeks :classic:

Good luck everyone :thumbup:

Tired eyes last night never saw the link...

You should click the link in his post. There is a whole world of information waiting for you on the other side.

For the record, the yellow one you were referring to was 8250 (aka 8299).

The white was was the 8480 (Space Shuttle) B-model

And the other boat was 8839

Well we're in the last days now; right now it's 12:48 PM for me. About this time tomorrow I'll update the last entries in the index and ask the voting panel to pick the 50% of entires that they think should face the public vote. How they choose to pick is their choice. They could ignore the fact that an entry isn't 100% polished and just appreciate the innovation, or they could decide than an entry is wonderful but isn't technicy or watery enough and not select it. I plan to give them about 5 days to make their selections, I'll then compile that data together and make a public voting topic, and that will run for about a week.

During all that time editing/tweaking of entires is 100% OK. But be sure that your entry is valid by this time tomorrow or I will either brutally clean it up or exclude it, depending on my mood... :devil:

Wait, does that mean my entry may still be eligible?

Yeah, I'll allow it. I'll add it to the index tomorrow. You need to remove two images though. :wink:

why not use the forum calendar to manage the deadlines of contest ?

Because I don't want to? :laugh: Actually no. The simple fact is if you give a firm deadline people always complain about missing the date because of timezones/sickness/bricklink orders/the universe/cats. Thus I tend to have a more fluid public deadline and a less public real time. In reality a firm deadline is often useless as it often takes a few days for the vote to be organised, weeks for prizes to arrive... thus what's a few days here and there?

Firm rules break, relaxed rules bend as needed... like trees in a breeze. Groovy man.

But I just added something. :wink:

Because I don't want to? :laugh: Actually no. The simple fact is if you give a firm deadline people always complain about missing the date because of timezones/sickness/bricklink orders/the universe/cats. Thus I tend to have a more fluid public deadline and a less public real time. In reality a firm deadline is often useless as it often takes a few days for the vote to be organised, weeks for prizes to arrive... thus what's a few days here and there?

Firm rules break, relaxed rules bend as needed... like trees in a breeze. Groovy man.

But I just added something. :wink:

Wow !

I like this philosophy

:wink:

Edited by Zaiocrit

just got on today and was shocked to see my entry was classed as not final.????

It has been finalised for a few weeks now, I put the pictures at the top of the thread showing clearly that it was final and stating as much. :angry:

Anyway, i have now done a new thread with just the 8 pictures, well 7 pics and one video. :laugh:

just got on today and was shocked to see my entry was classed as not final.????

It has been finalised for a few weeks now, I put the pictures at the top of the thread showing clearly that it was final and stating as much. :angry:

Done. I've just had a look at all the non-Final entires and marked the rest as Final except;

Water Jeep (Rodeown)

Semi-submersible (Zaiocrit)

Piper Super Cub Float Plane (dhc6twinotter)

These need to either have a new topic (preferred) or images removed. But it's all looking good! :sweet:

:wink:

The simple fact is if you give a firm deadline people always complain about missing the date because of timezones/sickness/bricklink orders/the universe/cats.

Amen. Cats ruin everything.

If only my professors were as groovy as you are.. default_tong.gif

Amen. Cats ruin everything.

This is actually hilarious. default_laugh_new.gifdefault_thumbup.gif