Sign in to follow this  
purpleparadox

Batman custom: Poison Ivy

Hi all, I've made a purist custom that I'd like to share with you guys.

Poison Ivy is a plant-loving villain of the DC universe. I've always loved interpretations of her where she has green skin, it makes her more plant-like. This minifig isn't based off of any particular version of Ivy, just how I think she should look.

So, here she is!

IMG_3531-1.jpg

The head and torso are from the Lady Liberty CMF, the hair is Mia's from Friends (gotta love the Friends hairpieces, but not the bodies) and the legs are sand green with dark red hips.

Thanks for looking! What do you guys think?

Edited by purpleparadox

Looks good to me. Your work deserves better lighting and focus! A natural light bulb in a standard desk lamp would probably be enough to give your picture the even, bright lighting it deserves.

Very clever! :thumbup:

For "underwear" I'd suggest using a different shade of green, but this way she looks great as well. :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

great purist solution! :classic:

Thank you!

Looks good to me. Your work deserves better lighting and focus! A natural light bulb in a standard desk lamp would probably be enough to give your picture the even, bright lighting it deserves.

I agree the lighting's bad. I DO take better pictures sometimes, see my "I wondered whatever happened to the caped crusader" MOC in the licensed forums. Link I'll also retake this picture.

Very clever! :thumbup:

For "underwear" I'd suggest using a different shade of green, but this way she looks great as well. :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Good idea. I really appreciate you looking at this, because you're my favourite customizer. I'm going to see if I have bright green hips before I retake the photo.

Edited by purpleparadox

Hi all! I re-took the photos, so have another look! (It's still too blurry, but at least the lighting was decent today.)

Green Skin! Lovely! :wub:

Thanks!

I like that a lot. I haven't bought any of the Friends hairpieces at all yet, but now I'm staring uncomfortably at my Lady Liberty and thinking she might need to come hang out with Batman.

Do the Friends hairpieces fit perfectly on the minifigs, or have a little bit of rattling around room? I've been away too long.

Anyway. Great idea, simple, elegant.

I like that a lot. I haven't bought any of the Friends hairpieces at all yet, but now I'm staring uncomfortably at my Lady Liberty and thinking she might need to come hang out with Batman.

Do the Friends hairpieces fit perfectly on the minifigs, or have a little bit of rattling around room? I've been away too long.

Anyway. Great idea, simple, elegant.

Thanks so much! I appreciate that a LOT!

The Friends hairpieces do fit perfectly on a normal minifig. No rattling at all.

The only drawback is they have a (very tiny) hole in the hairpiece so you can put a bow in their hair. But it's not really noticeable, especially if the minifig is being displayed or put in a MOC. You really only notice it when you're examining the hairpiece.

Thanks again!

Thanks so much! I appreciate that a LOT!

The Friends hairpieces do fit perfectly on a normal minifig. No rattling at all.

The only drawback is they have a (very tiny) hole in the hairpiece so you can put a bow in their hair. But it's not really noticeable, especially if the minifig is being displayed or put in a MOC. You really only notice it when you're examining the hairpiece.

Thanks again!

Ah, I don't care about the tiny hole in the hairpiece...wow. I'm actually looking at Friends parts. Who woulda thought? :)