Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Mafia School: A Bedtime Story - Day Two

Here's my past conversation with Big Bad Wolf:

From what I've read online in the books in the library, those who want lots of evidence before a D1 lynch are Cops, so I've just got to ask...are you the Cop? Because thus far, the Good Guy Cop has not yet claimed.

Please do not reveal this to anyone, but no, I am not the cop. You'll just have to take my word for it.

However, are you a townie?

Like I said in the Day thread, I am a Good Guy. What I haven't said is that I'm in contact with three of our Town Power Roles. We'll call them James Bond, Samuel L. Jackson, and Captain America. I am reasonably confident that you're telling the truth, so I'll reveal that Bond is our Doctor.

We've got a decent Scum list going, but we've got a couple too many suspects. What are your reads on Aladdin, Charming, and Goldilocks?

And yes, there is info I'm hiding, I'm in contact with Scum and trying to mislead them, as well as maintaining a complex string of codenames between different people depending on how much I and my allies trust them. Not to mention, I also have to protect myself from my allies, just in case...

In short, I have a lot of information, an I have to make sure it gets to the right people and only the right people. It's hard work, but it has to be done. :def_shrug:

Actually, there are 3 people i suspect the most right now.

Jack

Prince Charming

Sleeping Beauty

Mainly from my past experiences where the only people that messaged me, were all mafia, except 1.

Of course, if you are indeed mafia, I know I will probably die tonight, as I may already know too much.

Also, the absence from the other players leaves me to believe that 1 mafia isn't active, though I believe the other 3 are indeed in the list I made and the one you compiled. That is based off of the fact that there are indeed 4 mafia, which seems just about right, though that is just a guess right now.

It's not a guess anymore. :wink: Snow White's "vision" of the apples in the Day thread is correct. Which is part of why I trust her. :wink:

Actually, I'm expecting to die tonight. I'm a Good Guy, and I'm extremely active and am coordinating information between most of the Town and Power Roles. That's exctly the sort of thing the Scum kill for. :sceptic: But hey, at least I'll have died setting the Good Guys on the road to victory! :thumbup:

Vision? Wait, I must have missed that, where is it at?

Yeah, I have a feeling either you will be voted out by the town (that is what happened last time someone talked a lot) or killed by the mafia (if you aren't one) for helping the town too much.

It's right here

I think Pinocchio is the better lynch candidate (and not just because he's not me :laugh: ), he messed up pretty badly. Even discounting the one scumtell I can't publicly explain fully because I don't want to tip off the other Scum, there's three points against her. All because she lost her cool and panicked and scumtold herself. :laugh:

Hmm, the whole vision thing is kinda hard to decide on. I mean, weren't people mentioning there was 4 mafia before she even said that?

Also, who are the scum, and what other info do you have? And who can be trusted?

It's the definitiveness, and the implication that it comes from God. Suffice to say, based on information the Doctor gave me, we discussed things and decided we can trust Snowy. The other guesses were worded as just that: guesses, so we couldn't be sure.

Well, aside from Pinocchio, we have Rapunzel being evasive and uncooperative in private when we ask her if she's Scum, we have "Mushu", an amost-guaranteed Scum I'm trying to mislead, and are tossing options between Jack, Prince Charming, and Aladdin. A trusted Vanilla advisor, "Tarzan", suspects Red Riding Hood, but since she hasn't posted, it's a moot point: she'll be modkilled if she doesn't post soon, same goes for Little Mermaid. (Well, or replaced; either way, there's no chance of getting a read on either one of them. :sceptic: )

Also, I've got one more person claiming a Power Role to me, but they haven't confirmed to me about whether they're Scum or not (I have a little test I set for them). If they answer correctly, they can be trusted and I'll do my best to protect their identity, if not, they're Scum and I'll give their identity to someone so they can be lynched or nightkilled.

We can definitely trust Snowy, and probably Puss and Mr. Bear as well, both are advising me on things.

I believe you are correct on your deductions.

By any chance, could you show me the test you are using? I have a few people to ask questions about as well. And when I know, I'll let you know.

Ask them exactly how many Good Guy Power Roles there are. If there's doubt, they're lying, if they guess, they aren't Good Guy PRs. GG PRs know how many of them there are. :wink:

Ok, thanks. I will be sure to test out a few suspects when i get a chance.

Good luck! If someone lies about being a PR, let me know, and we'll send 'em to the vig. :wink:

I would, but, there is no vig. default_blink.gif

*raises eyebrow* Reeeeeally? Hmm... let me check something, I'll be back in about five minutes. Someone's lying to me, then, and I need to figure out who implied they were a vig...

What specific roles do you know of so far? I can confirm Doctor 100%, but my other Power Roles are being properly cautious about revealing info, aside from the fact they're PRs.

OK, to make a long story short, one of my more trusted people has revealed that their information came from a possible role PM error, one that implicates my other trusted source. Well, at least I can trust the PRs I DO know of...

OK, you know what I said earlier about people to trust? Forget about that. Between your information on the non-existence of the vig and the misinformation chain going about people I thought I'd confirmed, I'd like to start a completely new chain of trust. If both of them end up linking back together, great, if not, then one of them is Scum, and one way or another that chain will be revealed. I'll defer to your judgement: if you had to pick just one person out of this group, who would you trust?

At this point, God revealed the number and type of the Power Roles for both sides. Also at this point, the PMs start flying out so fast they cross each other, making reading them a bit difficult. :wacko: I have not changed the order in any way, so as to allow you all to see the timing of the reactions.

*Reads Day thread*

... :hmpf_bad:

...give me one good reason you're not a lying Scum, and why I shouldn't switch the bandwagon onto you.

Well, for one thing, I know FOR sure that there is a sheriff (there always has to be) a Doctor (obviously) but it seems like there are no other PRs. This is what Sandy said in the rules.

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Good Guys or the Bad Guys. To win the game, the Good Guys must vote or kill off all the Bad Guys, while the Bad Guys need to outnumber the Good Guys. There are no other factions in this game.

From that I can gather there is no vig, as that would imply a neutral side (from what I understand)

Is it someone we were able to trust? If so... perhaps they can give us a bit of insight if they become mafia.....

A new group would indeed be ideal. I still trust Mr.Bear, Wicked Witch, Puss-In-Boots, and possibly Sleeping beauty.

Oh, so it was a guess. OK, that explains it. And here I thought you were Scum and I had spilled too much to you. :hmpf_bad:

Mr. Bear can be trusted, he's part of a chain that's had no contact with the whole messed-up stuff. More word on the others in a second.

(Note: I actually did think Wolf was a Scum at this point, I was trying to appear as if I believed otherwise.)

Ok, well after reading Sandy's new post, there IS a vig. as well as a few other PR. With a total of 4 mafia, and 12 Citizens. So, all that work was for nothing. default_hmpfbad.gif

Wicked Witch, I was about to contact him (her? it?), they seemed Good Guy to me. I trusted Puss, but until I get more word on the role PM error, both he and my other "trusted" ally will have to stay out of the loop.

Your codename is John Goodman. The Doctor is David Spade, and Mr. Bear is Kelleyann Kelso (don't blame me, I took all of these off IMDB :tongue: ). I'll keep my former codename "Infomaniac", as I'm the only common link between both chains. Well, technically, the Doctor was part of the old chain, but he only ever contacted them through me (phew!) so he's still safe.

Ok, well after reading Sandy's new post, there IS a vig. as well as a few other PR. With a total of 4 mafia, and 12 Citizens. So, all that work was for nothing. default_hmpfbad.gif

Not completely for nothing, the knowledge WAS exclusive up to this point, so we can trust the two PRs I found that way, as well as the Doctor.

Though I am interested in hearing about that role PM deal...

John Goodman? default_laugh_new.gif Sounds fine with me.

Oh, so Puss-in-boots was the one that had the PM error?

Also, you said you knew one of the scum, who was it? (if you can reveal) also, how would you be able get any info from them? The scum know who each other are, so it isn't hard to figure out who is a phony. Just saying, that might be dangerous.

Well, if I let this Scum think I trust him, he'll think I'm likely to follow his advice. If I bounce theories off him, it'll a.) give them a false sense of where my suspicion is, and b.) give me an idea of whether or not the Scum want a given player lynched or not.

Hmm, good point. By any chance, who is this scum?

This is when I decided BBW was definitely Scum, thinking that he was fishing too hard for the name of the Scum suspect I was misleading. ( :wall: ) Later, thinking that my mention of Bear might direct unwanted attention onto him, I decided to try and keep the relationship with Wolf going, in case Bear was blocked.

It doesn't matter, someone else has pointed out that they may just be a dumb Townie, based on something they said, which makes that whole plan useless. :hmpf_bad: I hate family get-togethers, especially when I thought I'd gotten out of this one this year. :thumbdown:

So, you can probably guess why I haven't been able to get in touch in so long. Yeah...sorry about that. :wall: Anyhow, I'm in contact with the vig, and the Doctor, for sure. Doc said they'd protect me tonight whether I like it or not ( :blush: ), so that leaves the vig. The third PR still won't confirm what they are, so I can't plan around them :hmpf_bad: . Who do you think we should take out with the vig? The vig suggested we take out Prince Charming, while Mr. Bear suggested we go after Aladdin. I have too many suspects to make a choice, but if I had to choose I'd say Puss-In-Boots (for that whole role PM error fiasco) or Rapunzel for being so evasive in private with Snow White. Who would you go with?

Take out with the Vig? Hmm, I really don't know. If we do it, we want to make sure it is someone we are pretty suspicious of. If pinocchio was a mafia, and we take out another mafia with the vig, then we are almost done. Of course, the likeliness of that is next to impossible. default_sceptic.gif

I think Prince Charming, Jack, or Sleeping Beauty. I have my own personal reasons to suspect them, mainly based off of my previous mafia school. And obviously, I still don't entirely trust anyone, at least, not until they are made clean.

All right. I'll forward that to the vig, I think we're close to a decision. I'm uncertain about all three, (although of the three I'd trust Sleeping Beauty more than the other two), and at this point, anyone's fair game. Hopefully we'll pick the right guy tonight. :thumbup:

Yeah, hopefully, and even moreso, I hope the blocker (whoever he is, if there even is one) blocks whoever the mafia are targeting tonight.

Me, too!

G'night, see you in the morning!

:cry_sad: I'm such a hypocrite.

Alrighty, see ya!

So that is, in total, my entire conversation with Big Bad Wolf. Hope that clears a few things up. :wink:

<snip>

First, to my defense.

1.All of the replys and instances you quoted were ones where I did not write more than two or three lines of text. This was due to the fact that I was using my iPod magic mirror, and was trying to offer my thoughts on current discussion in the game

2. I may have failed to offer anything of great use to the town, but neither had many players. I was simply trying to add to the discussion wothout pointoing out a suspect, since I had no concrete leads or anyinthing based off of anything besides suspicion (i.e. my one staement about the witch)

3. I contacted beauty in private due to sensitive information! Based on the reaction to Pinochio's defense, I needed to do this in private so that I would not suffer the same fate as he.

Well, that's my defense. Feel free to argue it further.

As Goldilocks explained: Wolf (town vanilla) gets killed by Vigilante Bear who literally gets axed from the scum.

Either the scum is really lucky in eliminating one of the town's power role, or the bear has entrusted his role to the scum. Chances are the latter is more probable, but hey I am a witch and deal with magic not probability.

There is no way the scum got that lucky. I'm going to say that someone *cough*Cindy*cough* trusted the wrong person I can say truthfully that that person was not I and she can back it up. I can also say that it was not Snow White, and from her PM info, I'd say that it's probably not charming either.

Anyone with me? :sweet:

I'm with you on these poits!

To help along the discussion, I will offer up my current Scum suspects:

Goldilocks

Alladin

White Rabbit

Feel free to defend yourselves.

I don't believe someone would actually defend themselves like that. Although, of course, after Pinocchio's scene yesterday, I'm not sure if anything surprises me. I believe Puss is suspicious, but I don't see him writing something like that, in all honesty.

Here is his reply edited slightly for brevity.

Hi!

Firstly, I was wondering what made you choose to lynch me.

I'm also going to go out on a limb here, and show you my alignment:

My character info is

Once upon a time you were clever enough to make your owner a king and slay an evil giant, despite the fact that you are just a cat who wears boots. However, your smart mouth finally got you into trouble that you could not talk your way out of. Now you hide in the Fairy Tale Castle, trying not to piss on anyone else’s ankles.[/indent]

Revealing them to other players is called role-claiming, which can either hurt or help you in the game, depending on the situation, so please consider carefully before doing that.

I am one of
The Good Guys:
I do not know anyone else’s alignment besides your own.

Certiant details have been rmoved, but this is from my original game PM. I would like to know your orenitation too, unless you do not want to show me. In that case, I will have no choice but to consider you as scum.

Duncan

Since I recognized portions of text, I was willing to extend trust.

On reflection, I realize that such text can be faked and should not be taken as authoritative. But on the whole. I think puss is innocent. And that Goldie's case is suggestive and tendacious only, with nothing solid.

A better question would be, why single out puss?

From my conversations with Cindy he cannot have been the leak which lead us into trouble last night.

The real suspect lies elsewhere, as Cindy has indicated.

I'll let them make their case before weighing in again.

Well I didn't know that Bear was the vigilante, Cindy you told me about how Bear was high on your suspect list. Your the one who was keeping the truth from me.

But I think that you pretty much have to be town, I can't really see someone posting all of this without anyone saying something. So going with those two players who you think are the scumbags is probably are best bet for lynching.

I don't have anything to give, but who do you guys think we should vote on?

And Puss in Boots what are your accusations?

Post script.

I realize that quoting Puss this way may out him as having broken the 'do not quote host PM' rule.

If that is so, I am sorry. And wish to put it on record I did something similar in replying. If he is to be punished, I should be equally so.

Again, apologies, especially to Puss. It was not intended to harm, but to vindicate you.

From my conversations with Cindy he cannot have been the leak which lead us into trouble last night.

In my defense on the post above yours Beauty, I belevie I have freed suspicion of myself. However, by RANDOMLY selecting a townie for accusation, then qutiong a long list of posts from the previous day, while making no claims of Scum-affiliation that could be backed up seems like a scum move. Also, since Beauty also quoted my 'whisper' to her, I beleive that Goldilocks selcted a Townie (Me) to try and get a bandwagon going against (It had already been done by Cindy), getting us to kill another Townie (Moi, once more).

There is no way the scum got that lucky. I'm going to say that someone *cough*Cindy*cough* trusted the wrong person I can say truthfully that that person was not I and she can back it up. I can also say that it was not Snow White, and from her PM info, I'd say that it's probably not charming either.

Yes, I did trust the wrong person. I'm still trying to give the benefeit of the doubt, but if Mara Jade does not PM me by the time they go offline to sleep, I am revealing their identity AND my PM chain with them.

Oh, crap.

I just realized...I gave this person half of my list. So, that means I have to RE-DO the entire thing. Damnit. :hmpf_bad: Fortunately, there's only one person I've referred to so far whose codename Mara Jade has, and I had the presence of mind to change it for the play. They know who they are, and they will know to use the new codename for themselves in any future conversations. So that's something. :thumbup:

Oh, whoops, looks like MJ wasn't online when I said that. :blush: I'll think up a new deadline. :hmpf_bad:

Okay, going back through the other day thread my memories, although Cindy and Snow spearheaded the lynch against Pinocchio, one other person came up scummy to me far too many times. That person is our very own Puss in Boots (Dakar A). My reasoning, along with the specific statements, follows.

Here, he is unhelpful except to accuse someone based on their personality and (in this case) the color of their skin, then goes on to say that this is perhaps not a good idea. No help from him here.

Here, he accuses Cindy for reasons previously stated by others. Again, not much help.

And here he's just plain dumb. Not helpful at all, just a confusion tactic.

Again, quite a confusion tactic. Simply accusing an (admittedly sheepish) inactive person.

Nothing helpful.

Still, nothing helpful but pointing out an inactive person.

Well, here we see something a little useful, if only to help another person with the different rooms of the castle.

Yep. Nothing useful except to say he'll be gon.

Still nothing useful. You know, this is getting boring.

And again. I realize you aren't very experienced, but this is getting ridiculous!

Pointing out an inactive person again, as well as confusing a lot of people.

Still, nothing useful.

Asking for motive. Something useful at last, if presented in all the wrong ways.

Here, the big scumtell: Tries to get Mr. Bear lynched. Although I, admittedly, am a bit guilty of this myself, still, just the way it is presented screams Scum to me. :sceptic:

Smart move here....not.

Again, wonderfully stupid move. Compiling how often a person speaks and what the probability is of them being scum is a pretty incredibly dumb move.

Starts the voting without the host's king's permission.

No reasoning behind his vote except to jump on the bandwagon.

Sending defense via PM whispering instead of publically? WTF? :wacko:

Again, nothing in this post except to deny he's scum but instead dumb. Stupid.

Again with the whispered instead of public defense. And again, WTF? :wacko:

Accuses another lurker. Also says that stating reasons for not speaking is a 'scumtell', which it isn't.

Nothing in this statement except filler. Yuck.

PIB, feel free to respond any way you want to. Others as well, discussion is exactly what we need.

This is very good work, Goldilocks. :sweet: All of this is great information! :thumbup:

This will be helpful, seeing as their are no obvious choices for voting.

First, to my defense.

1.All of the replys and instances you quoted were ones where I did not write more than two or three lines of text. This was due to the fact that I was using my iPod magic mirror, and was trying to offer my thoughts on current discussion in the game

2. I may have failed to offer anything of great use to the town, but neither had many players. I was simply trying to add to the discussion wothout pointoing out a suspect, since I had no concrete leads or anyinthing based off of anything besides suspicion (i.e. my one staement about the witch)

3. I contacted beauty in private due to sensitive information! Based on the reaction to Pinochio's defense, I needed to do this in private so that I would not suffer the same fate as he.

Well, that's my defense. Feel free to argue it further.

I'm with you on these poits!

To help along the discussion, I will offer up my current Scum suspects:

Goldilocks

Alladin

White Rabbit

Feel free to defend yourselves.

Alright, your defense is sound. Thank you. Sorry for your trouble. Although, one thing confounds me: You said anything other than what I replied to? I combed the other day thread wracked my memory, and I couldn't find any other posts by you statements of yours other than those I quoted talked about. Also, will you please elaborate on those accusations? It is hard to defend yourself when your accuser isn't clear about why they're accusing you, you know. :wink:

Here is his reply edited slightly for brevity.

Since I recognized portions of text, I was willing to extend trust.

On reflection, I realize that such text can be faked and should not be taken as authoritative. But on the whole. I think puss is innocent. And that Goldie's case is suggestive and tendacious only, with nothing solid.

The reason for seeing Puss as possible Scum: I was reading the old day thread going through the old Day in my memories, and he seemed a little suspicious. Others do as well, but those have been mentioned already. I could make a case against Cinderella or Snow White, but others have made a lot of the points I would in the case that I did make an accusation against either. Same goes for Rapunzel and White Rabbit, although a lot of those points were made in the other Day thread yesterday.

In my defense on the post above yours Beauty, I belevie I have freed suspicion of myself. However, by RANDOMLY selecting a townie for accusation, then qutiong a long list of posts from the previous day, while making no claims of Scum-affiliation that could be backed up seems like a scum move. Also, since Beauty also quoted my 'whisper' to her, I beleive that Goldilocks selcted a Townie (Me) to try and get a bandwagon going against (It had already been done by Cindy), getting us to kill another Townie (Moi, once more).

I wasn't trying to set a bandwagon against you; a bandwagon is the last thing we need here. i was simply bringing up another suspect, in this case you. I meant no harm, I was only trying to catch a Scum. No need to take quite so much offense at it.

Voting?! It's a little too early to even be thinking of that! What we need is the find the correct suspect first.

This is very good work, Goldilocks. :sweet: All of this is great information! :thumbup:

I was not the only one to have weak reasoning behind my vote, here are some other examples:

L. Mermaid-

Looking back... As much as I distrust Cindy, I think that we should actually get something done today. I'm not one to waste time.

Unvote: Cinderella (Flipz)

Vote: Pinocchio (Poison Ivy)

Only one more vote to go...

Aladdin-

Okay, whatever. I don't think most of the posts in this thread have been particularly pointful, if you will, but if it bothered you so much, I won't do it again. I was merely expressing my thoughts on the matter for the moment.

Anyway, I think time's up on Pinnochio. I'm sorry, but silence is that case is not golden, but guilty. So long!

Vote: Pinocchio (Poison Ivy).

Rapunsel-

Post 1-I shall vote Cindy ( Flipz ). She has been totally all day and is a threat to all of us.

Post 2-Vote: Pinocchio (Poison Ivy) Not much else to do, huh....

Jack-

This is not how I usually operate but for lack of what I consider concrete evidence ( lots of suspicious activity but no real evidence of guilt) I will vote for the person which has never spoken:

vote : red riding hood ( Lord of the Fries)

What I'm saying is that support of one's vote as a detrmination as to wether one is Scum or not is just about the fastest way to get the Town to kill themselves. It's the blind leading the blind.

Now, Goldilocks has made an accusation, but isn't coming back to argue it over more is an issue. Either she's inactive (Which she has been, constantly!), or she doesn't have much reason to post alot, probably because she's scum. Her posts are only accusations and quotes, nothing of game value. Argue that, please!

Alright, your defense is sound. Thank you. Sorry for your trouble. Although, one thing confounds me: You said anything other than what I replied to? I combed the other day thread wracked my memory, and I couldn't find any other posts by you statements of yours other than those I quoted talked about. Also, will you please elaborate on those accusations? It is hard to defend yourself when your accuser isn't clear about why they're accusing you, you know. :wink:

The reason for seeing Puss as possible Scum: I was reading the old day thread going through the old Day in my memories, and he seemed a little suspicious. Others do as well, but those have been mentioned already. I could make a case against Cinderella or Snow White, but others have made a lot of the points I would in the case that I did make an accusation against either. Same goes for Rapunzel and White Rabbit, although a lot of those points were made in the other Day thread yesterday.

I wasn't trying to set a bandwagon against you; a bandwagon is the last thing we need here. i was simply bringing up another suspect, in this case you. I meant no harm, I was only trying to catch a Scum. No need to take quite so much offense at it.

Oops! I redact my earlier staement about you not coming back, I posted between Rapunsel and your posts!

Aladdin- Most of his posts were in charachter, but besides bedtime stories, he didn't offer much else. He's improved in his posting since day one, though.

The other two, WR. and you, is mainly because of a larger ammount of trust in the other players. I, for example, trusted Mr. Wolf (Which was right!), but I'm not 100% sure about the affiliation of the others.

Now, Goldilocks has made an accusation, but isn't coming back to argue it over more is an issue. Either she's inactive (Which she has been, constantly!), or she doesn't have much reason to post alot, probably because she's scum. Her posts are only accusations and quotes, nothing of game value. Argue that, please!

Read Listen to my previous statement, please. Thank you. :sweet:

I don't speak much because many times, people beat me to the punch on accusations and/or evidence. If you want me to talk more, then I will. Just give me some evidence to talk about. And that is a very good list, thank you for that oh so much. :sarcasm_hmpf: I do agree, though; not giving concrete reason for voting is too common an issue to make an accusation merely based on that. Using confusion tactics, not making points of your own, and being unhelpful combined with not making valid points for voting, or in other words being a sheep, are a scumtell. What we really need is for everyone to be helpful to the best of their ability, like Cindy, WW, you, and me, are, and Mr. Bear was, and then we would be able to root out the scum no problem. Of course, that' probably not going to happen. :hmpf_bad:

Read Listen to my previous statement, please. Thank you. :sweet:

I don't speak much because many times, people beat me to the punch on accusations and/or evidence. If you want me to talk more, then I will. Just give me some evidence to talk about. And that is a very good list, thank you for that oh so much. :sarcasm_hmpf: I do agree, though; not giving concrete reason for voting is too common an issue to make an accusation merely based on that. Using confusion tactics, not making points of your own, and being unhelpful combined with not making valid points for voting, or in other words being a sheep, are a scumtell. What we really need is for everyone to be helpful to the best of their ability, like Cindy, WW, you, and me, are, and Mr. Bear was, and then we would be able to root out the scum no problem. Of course, that' probably not going to happen. :hmpf_bad:

Ok! Based on your recent number of posts, but maily because you're actually BACKING UP your statements, I'm going to give you the benefit of my doubt and remove you from my suspects list. In your place, I put Rapunsel. He's ridiculously inscribe, half his "posts" are kne sentence, and he voted originally on a whim (little to no reason for voting out Cindy, didn't even attempt to discuss decision).

His earlier post is even less useful than any of my other posts ( at least I think, I'm proabaly wrong! :tongue: ). Hmm... Reay hard to narrow it down to 4 possible scum. Who's in everyone else's suspect lists?

Inscribe= supposed to be infrequent

Ok! Based on your recent number of posts, but maily because you're actually BACKING UP your statements, I'm going to give you the benefit of my doubt and remove you from my suspects list. In your place, I put Rapunsel. He's ridiculously inscribe, half his "posts" are kne sentence, and he voted originally on a whim (little to no reason for voting out Cindy, didn't even attempt to discuss decision).

His earlier post is even less useful than any of my other posts ( at least I think, I'm proabaly wrong! :tongue: ). Hmm... Reay hard to narrow it down to 4 possible scum. Who's in everyone else's suspect lists?

Okay then. Glad that's cleared up. By the way, since when was Rapunzel male? :wacko: But yes, she does seem extremely suspicious, if only because she seems to take way too many pages out of Scum's books in other games she has been acting similar to Scum in books I've read and movies I've watched about these types of situations. But, then again, she may just not be very experienced in situations like these and simply be making mistakes, albeit a lot of them. Definitely one to keep an eye on, but still not quite a 100% positive Scum. Although, lynches are hardly ever a 100% scum lynch. Unless there is an Investigator involved, of course.

OK, just over an hour ago, Mara Jade sent me her defense. Allow me to provide an entertaining explanation of it. *puts on wig, turban, maid's outfit, and bwankie again* ( :laugh: )

The Case of the Inept Infiltrator

Starring Cinderella Harrietson Attabar

Scene 1

Mara Jade: Alright, gang, stay cool. If we can convince everyone Cindy's a Scum, then we can destroy the Good Guys and I'll get away scot-free!

Cinderella: :cry_sad: Oh, no, Mr. Bear died, AND the other two suspects I got killed were Good Guys. :cry_sad: All right, gang, I'm an idiot--

Audience: Yes you are!

Cinderella: :hmpf_bad: Shut up. Anyway, I'm laying all my information on the table. *Pulls a mountain-sized tome out of nowhere and drops it on the table, which promptly goes to splinters under its weight.*

Mara Jade: God damn it.

Cinderella: Oh, I'm sorry, did you like that table?

Mara Jade: No, but with you bringing forth all this information, my scummy plans are screwed.

Cinderella: Your what?

Mara Jade: Nothing! :innocent:

Cinderella: Say...didn't I give you all that information last night? Weren't you the only person who knew both James Bond's identity and target AND Mr. Bear's identity and target?

Mara Jade: You either dropped breadcrumbs to Scum accidentally, or I did. Er, actually, I must have done it, to this guy. *runs into the audience and drags CLUTCH POWERS to the stage. Cinderella doesn't look convinced.* Uh...oh, look, a flashback transition!

Cinderella: I don't see--

Scene 2

Two days ago...

Cinderella: Seriously, your defense is information that's two days old?!?

Mara Jade: Shut up, you weren't here at the time.

Cinderella: Sorry. :blush:

Clutch Powers: Hello. I'm chatting with some people in the closet and getting their list of suspects. Who do you think is a Bad Guy? I think James Bond, Pinocchio, Mushu, and Tarzan are suspects, what about you?

Cinderella: Hey, you didn't know these code names at the time! Actually, I never gave him ANY code-names--

Mara Jade: The names have been changed to protect people because this is YOUR stupid play. :hmpf: And you aren't even here, so SHUT UP!

Cinderella: Sorry. :blush:

*The Audience laughs at the repeated interruption.*

Mara Jade: Boy, you sure want James Bond dead. I'll keep an eye on both you and him. Tarzan and Mr. Bear are my other likely suspects.

Cinderella: Was this before or after I connected you and Mr. B--

Mara Jade: SHUT UP!!!!! :angry:

Cinderella: Sorry! Sheesh, it IS my play, after all. :hmpf:

*The Audience roars with laughter. Cinderella's doing a better job this time.*

Mara Jade: Um...hello? Can we go back to the pres--

Scene 3

Mara Jade: --ent? Thank you.

Harriet the Slut: You're welcome!

*Mara Jade does a double-take, then shrugs*

Mara Jade: So, as you can see, Clutch Powers wanted to get rid of Bond, Pinocchio, Tarzan, and Mushu, all of whom I trust.

Cinderella: So you're saying you even though you trusted them, you didn't defend Pino--

Mara Jade: STOP POINTING OUT THE INCONSISTENCIES IN MY STORY!

Cinderella: :hmpf:

Mara Jade: If Clutch was Scum, it would be easy for him to set me up by killing a player I had accused and blocking one of the ones I said I was keeping an eye on. It could either be a lucky move by the Scum, or maybe Mr. Bear said something too much in one of his conversations. At this point, Clutch Powers is the only suspect I have.

*Cinderella stands in silence, unconvinced.*

Mara Jade: Except! I think I'll start swinging Tarzan around, he's CLEARLY a scum! *Grabs Tarzan from the audience and carries him back and forth across the stage, rambling incoherently.*

Cinderella: Didn't you JUST say you trusted him?

Mara Jade: *drops Tarzan to the floor with a THUNK* Oh, yeah...well...uh...I'M NOT SCUM!

Cinderella: ...you do realize, that last night I went around telling pretty much everyone I was in contact with that I was the prime target for protection, and that no one else besides you, me, James Bond, and Mr. Bear knew he was going to be James Bond's real protection target? The ONLY way last night could have happened was if the Bad Guys knew to block Bond and knew to kill Bear.

Random audience member: What if they thought Bear WAS James Bond?

Cinderella: If Bond had died, we'd still have a vigilante to use against the Scum. No, the Scum wanted Bear dead, and the only way they could possibly have known both who he was AND how to prevent him from being protected was if someone told him. And that someone was YOU! *points dramatically at Mara Jade*

Mara Jade: *unimpressed* Was that really necessary? I mean wasn't the whole point of this play to accuse me?

Cinderella: *now wearing a fake beard, tan pants, and a blue OXY-CLEAN shirt* But wait, there's more! YOU can decide the end of this play! Shall the murderous Mara Jade go free? Or shall we unmask this heinous villian? VOTE NOW! *begins playing dramatic voting music*

Mara Jade: Oh, god, just kill me now. :wall:

Curtain...for now!

So what do you think, friends? Do YOU find Mara Jade's defense convincing? Or shall I expose her for the Scum she is?

To add to that...holy hell that was a long play! My statement at the top should be amended to "almost TWO hours ago". :wink:

On my suspect list:

Cindy (Flipz)-

Puss in Boots (Dakar A)-

This "Mara Jade" (?)-

On my suspect list:

Cindy (Flipz)-

Puss in Boots (Dakar A)-

This "Mara Jade" (?)-

You find Cindy suspicious, but also this Mara Jade person that Cindy is telling you about. That doesn't make sense. If you think she is scum, then why would you believe what she is talking about Mara Jade?

I find that quite odd, could you elaborate?

Cindy's a thespian!

Aside from the rambling nature of the accusation it does seem that Mara has a case to answer and has quite failed to do so.

According to our resident cross-dresser here the blame lies at the feet of one of four people.

Mr.Bear could have given the info away. But given he ends up dead that's not worth considering.

James Bond could have given it away, but why? Unless he didn't protect bear as stated. But that's not the case (independently confirmed)

Cinderella herself could be the rat, but Bond has verified her (again today I was shown how the verification works. It works).

The final option by a process of elimination, (barring a string of freakish good luck by the scum) is the only other person who knew...

Mara Jade.

Would it be out of place to chant scum or dumb? Or is that trademarked?

The final option by a process of elimination, (barring a string of freakish good luck by the scum) is the only other person who knew...

Mara Jade.

Would it be out of place to chant scum or dumb? Or is that trademarked?

There's also the possibility that the Mara Jade person does not exist. We have no way of knowing is the events actually took place, could be a figment of her imagination.

On the flip side, if the events were true, this Mara Jade has left itself (don't know the sex) in a pretty bad position. With only 4 individuals of knowing the plan, and one of them being dead (it) has no way of escaping. That would be a pretty bad infiltration, trading identity for a townie on the first night. Something just doesn't add up.

There's also the possibility that the Mara Jade person does not exist. We have no way of knowing is the events actually took place, could be a figment of her imagination.

On the flip side, if the events were true, this Mara Jade has left itself (don't know the sex) in a pretty bad position. With only 4 individuals of knowing the plan, and one of them being dead (it) has no way of escaping. That would be a pretty bad infiltration, trading identity for a townie on the first night. Something just doesn't add up.

True...then again, they've killed two of us, including the Power Role that is most directly dangerous to them, and have a bead on another PR. That's a fair bargain for just one Scum out of four, presumably one of their goons that has no Night Action. (Mara Jade claimed Blocker, but that's almost impossible to verify in a situation without a Watcher or a Tracker or a Good Guy Role Cop.)

Actually, Mara Jade didn't actually claim a specific role...here's what she said when reporting her Night Action "results":

Unfortuntately, I targetted [REDACTED] last night, just as you asked. Either he's a Thug or a Townie with or without a night action, there's no way to tell without a Role Cop.

So...Mushu is a Thug (presumably this group of Bad Guys' name for a Goon), or a Power Role Townie, or a Vanilla Townie? Mara is a Cop that can only sense Bad Guys if they have a Night Action? :wacko: If MJ meant that, as a Blocker, she can't see roles or alignments, then it would have been simpler to just say that. :look:

If our Cop or our true Good Guy Blocker would like to step forward, there are plenty of trustworthy Good Guys you can contact privately. Even if you just contact one or two others, you'll be giving the Good Guys another tool to find and out the Scum. If you have already been contacted by one of these Power Roles, please let the rest of us know, using code names for these individuals. Once we know who the Power Roles are, even if we don't know their specific identity, we'll be able to coordinate the remaining Night Actions, and will be able to get at least some confirmed information about alignments and the like. :wink:

Seriously? We sit in total silence for all this time?! Apathy shall be the death of us all! :angry:

:facepalm: I can't believe I'm triple-posting, but...

All right, this is vital, everyone. I need everyone to state who was in contact with Mr. Bear. If you were in contact with him, you may have vital information that could lead us to a Scum.

Yes, Mara Jade is still our top suspect, but just to be safe, I'd like to know what information Bear might have had that would have gotten him killed. And if Jade is lying, this will be another nail in her coffin. :wink:

:facepalm: I can't believe I'm triple-posting, but...

All right, this is vital, everyone. I need everyone to state who was in contact with Mr. Bear. If you were in contact with him, you may have vital information that could lead us to a Scum.

Yes, Mara Jade is still our top suspect, but just to be safe, I'd like to know what information Bear might have had that would have gotten him killed. And if Jade is lying, this will be another nail in her coffin. :wink:

Seems you're the only one that's awake!

I had not talked to Mr.Bear and all my contacts, but one, had not either!

Speaking of Mara Jade, if she is your/our only lead why do you not out her/him?

We could then see how this individual, and others as a matter of fact, react in public and go from there!

Seriously? We sit in total silence for all this time?! Apathy shall be the death of us all! :angry:

I was hoping someone else would enlighten us with their findings. For the time being I'll have to believe your story (about this MJ) is accurate given that we have absolutely no other leads.

Me again, I'm a bit confused with all this codenames thing, do we still have an investigator/cop?

If so, are there any findings from last night?