Yeah, the thing is that is just 2 pieces- low even for a polybag!

:iamded_lol: :iamded_lol: :hmpf:

I meant that the set could include the staff, but not Pythor. :wall:

:iamded_lol: :iamded_lol: :hmpf:

I meant that the set could include the staff, but not Pythor. :wall:

Emphasis on include--obviously, the staff wouldn't be the only thing in the set. :laugh:

Emphasis on include--obviously, the staff wouldn't be the only thing in the set. :laugh:

But now that would be the best set Lego ever produced! :poke:

Regarding the last two episodes of the Ninjago TV series (don't worry this is still about sets)...

As soon as I saw the Serpentine road train/"moving fortress" in the second-to-last episode, I was confident that it would be a likely store exclusive set for the second half of this year. Its design after being transformed by the Fangpyre is very different from the non-Serpentine version of the vehicle, and yet also very different in design than the other Serpentine vehicles seen in the series so far. Additionally, a vehicle like this for passengers is such an unlikely, unfamiliar vehicle that I can't help but think it would only have been included if it were based on a set. Plus, it has lots of potential action features.

If it does get released, it might include Pythor since he is a very desirable minifigure and instrumental to that scene in the episode. In any event it's the most likely candidate for a summer store exclusive set that I've seen all season (pardon the unintended alliteration).

There wasn't anything in the final episode that seemed to reveal anything new about this year's sets, except that the flick-fire missiles on the Ultra Sonic Raider are supposed to be grappling hooks.

I do have to say, though, that after seeing that final episode, the Great Devourer is quite underwhelming. Obviously making him much larger would be overkill, but nevertheless his tail in the set seems downright puny compared to the one in the show (I think the large tail/bone pieces from Garmadon's Dark Fortress would be more imposing), and the "fins" behind his face don't flare out nearly as dramatically in the set as they do in the show.

Also, while I can understand the decision to make the Great Devourer's front section rigid, as if fixed in the shape of an S and a more different S, so that gravity doesn't cause it any problems, it does make it so you can't truly act out the conclusion of the TV series when the Great Devourer bites its own tail. Overall, I wasn't too fond of the Great Devourer's set design to begin with, since it's not nearly as streamlined as many of the Serpentine vehicles, and this episode managed to put my disappointment into even starker perspective.

As for the upcoming Samurai Mechanic, does anyone know if it will have the ball joints for limbs or the clicky Exp Force joints?

From what I can tell, it'll have both kinds of joints, like the mechs from the final year of Exo-Force. Click joints for the hips and knees (which need to support the most weight), but ball joints for the ankles (so that it always has both feet flat on the ground) and the arms (which only need to support their own weight, and the weight of the sword).

From what I can tell, it'll have both kinds of joints, like the mechs from the final year of Exo-Force. Click joints for the hips and knees (which need to support the most weight), but ball joints for the ankles (so that it always has both feet flat on the ground) and the arms (which only need to support their own weight, and the weight of the sword).

Awe... I was playing with my Fangpyre Mech and my least favourite bit is how annoying the click hinges on the legs are to pose.

Regarding the last two episodes of the Ninjago TV series (don't worry this is still about sets)...

As soon as I saw the Serpentine road train/"moving fortress" in the second-to-last episode, I was confident that it would be a likely store exclusive set for the second half of this year. Its design after being transformed by the Fangpyre is very different from the non-Serpentine version of the vehicle, and yet also very different in design than the other Serpentine vehicles seen in the series so far. Additionally, a vehicle like this for passengers is such an unlikely, unfamiliar vehicle that I can't help but think it would only have been included if it were based on a set. Plus, it has lots of potential action features.

If it does get released, it might include Pythor since he is a very desirable minifigure and instrumental to that scene in the episode. In any event it's the most likely candidate for a summer store exclusive set that I've seen all season (pardon the unintended alliteration).

Seems entirely possible. Especially since mobile fortresses/command units seem to be popular with Lego. Seems like almost every theme has one.

Kalhiki

So, as regarding to the sets, I was wondering: What Serpentine Tribe is the easiest to collect? I'm trying to think up ways to build up a Serpentine army, and so far I've got this idea:

Anacondrai

- Pythor P. Chumsworth (1x)

Hypnobrai

- Skales (1x)

- Slithraa (2x)

- Mezmo (2x or 3x)

- Rattla (3x)

Fangpyre

- Fangtom (1x)

- Fangdam (2x)

- Fang-Suei (2x or 3x)

- Snappa (3x)

Constrictai

- Skalidor (1x)

- Bytar (2x)

- Chokun (2x or 3x)

- Snike (3x)

Venomari

- Acidicus (1x)

- Lizaru (2x)

- Spitta (2x or 3x)

- Lasha (3x)

So, as regarding to the sets, I was wondering: What Serpentine Tribe is the easiest to collect? I'm trying to think up ways to build up a Serpentine army, and so far I've got this idea:

Anacondrai

- Pythor P. Chumsworth (1x)

Hypnobrai

- Skales (1x)

- Slithraa (2x)

- Mezmo (2x or 3x)

- Rattla (3x)

Fangpyre

- Fangtom (1x)

- Fangdam (2x)

- Fang-Suei (2x or 3x)

- Snappa (3x)

Constrictai

- Skalidor (1x)

- Bytar (2x)

- Chokun (2x or 3x)

- Snike (3x)

Venomari

- Acidicus (1x)

- Lizaru (2x)

- Spitta (2x or 3x)

- Lasha (3x)

I don't know what you're saying here, but if it's relevant, Skales comes in two sets, not one like the other generals.

I don't know what you're saying here, but if it's relevant, Skales comes in two sets, not one like the other generals.

It's only the list containing numbers of figs that he wants. For example Mezmo is only in 1 spinner. It's nice to see the names of all of them. :classic: What do you think about Serpentines in Lego Castle Armor? For warriors? Hm?

Well, I'm not sure if you've factored this into your decision, but as of right now the Fangpyre tribe is the easiest to collect-- it's the only one for which all four tribe members are already available. I actually finished collecting the Fangpyre tribe yesterday when I opened the Rattlecopter set I got for my birthday.

But which of these is easiest to collect depends on what kind of sets you prefer to get.

• If you want the option that requires the fewest sets, it's obviously Anacondrai (9449), since Pythor's the only member, followed by Constrictai (9448+9450).
  • If you prefer to get building sets over spinner sets and booster packs whenever possible, then the Anacondrai tribe, Fangpyre tribe and Constrictai tribe are easiest to collect since you can get all members of each without any spinners or booster packs.
  • If you want to spend as little money as possible regardless of content, then the Hypnobrai tribe is easiest to collect (9441+9446+9555+9573), with the Fangpyre tribe only one cent costlier in the US (9445+9564+9567).
  • If you want the option with the lowest overall price per piece, then Fangpyre is still easiest (9442+9443+9445), followed by Constrictai (9448+9450) Hypnobrai (9441+9446+9555), then Anacondrai (9449).
  • If you want the option that gets you the most minifigures overall (not counting duplicates), it's the Venomari tribe (9449+9450+9557+9562, netting you 10 unique non-Venomari minifigures including Wu, Garmadon, Pythor, and all five ZX Ninja). But obviously comes with the highest cost.

So overall "easiest to collect" depends on what types of sets you consider most convenient/inconvenient. And obviously this is all out the window if a store exclusive set shows up that creates new options for collecting the tribes. But it was an interesting thing to think about.

Edited by Aanchir

Well, I'm not sure if you've factored this into your decision, but as of right now the Fangpyre tribe is the easiest to collect-- it's the only one for which all four tribe members are already available. I actually finished collecting the Fangpyre tribe yesterday when I opened the Rattlecopter set I got for my birthday.

But which of these is easiest to collect depends on what kind of sets you prefer to get.

• If you want the option that requires the fewest sets, it's obviously Anacondrai (9449), since Pythor's the only member, followed by Constrictai (9448+9450).
  • If you prefer to get building sets over spinner sets and booster packs whenever possible, then the Anacondrai tribe, Fangpyre tribe and Constrictai tribe are easiest to collect since you can get all members of each without any spinners or booster packs.
  • If you want to spend as little money as possible regardless of content, then the Hypnobrai tribe is easiest to collect (9441+9446+9555+9573), with the Fangpyre tribe only one cent costlier in the US (9445+9564+9567).
  • If you want the option with the lowest overall price per piece, then Fangpyre is still easiest (9442+9443+9445), followed by Constrictai (9448+9450) Hypnobrai (9441+9446+9555), then Anacondrai (9449).
  • If you want the option that gets you the most minifigures overall (not counting duplicates), it's the Venomari tribe (9449+9450+9557+9562, netting you 10 unique non-Venomari minifigures including Wu, Garmadon, Pythor, and all five ZX Ninja). But obviously comes with the highest cost.

So overall "easiest to collect" depends on what types of sets you consider most convenient/inconvenient. And obviously this is all out the window if a store exclusive set shows up that creates new options for collecting the tribes. But it was an interesting thing to think about.

Does this come naturally to you, or do you do a lot of research?

Either way, it's cool to see what figures come in which sets. Makes collecting easier.

Anyway, I was wondering: Why does the Rattlecopter come with the Constrictai staff and not the Fangpyre (beings as though it's a Fangpyre vehicle and all).

Kalhiki

Edited by Kalhiki

Does this come naturally to you, or do you do a lot of research?

Either way, it's cool to see what figures come in which sets. Makes collecting easier.

Anyway, I was wondering: Why does the Rattlecopter come with the Constrictai staff and not the Fangpyre (beings as though it's a Fangpyre vehicle and all).

Kalhiki

So that all four staffs are available in the first wave. :wink:

Regarding the Ultra Sonic Raider, I think it would be cool if it had a sound brick that plays the sacred flute music! I would definitely buy it! :wub:

Regarding the Ultra Sonic Raider, I think it would be cool if it had a sound brick that plays the sacred flute music! I would definitely buy it! :wub:

I'm pretty sure it does... :look:

Well awesome! I just bought the rattlecopter, And i'm hoping to get the fangpyre truck ambush for my birthday, That means i'll only need $10 to complete the tribe!(Snappa)

What makes you say that?

I seem to recall the sound brick being demonstrated in one of the toyfair videos. I could be wrong, though, I'll have to see if I can find it again...

Something else I've noticed; Zzane gets the saddest vehicles. The Ice Dragon is pathetic in comparison to the other three, never mind his snowmobile... :sceptic:

I seem to recall the sound brick being demonstrated in one of the toyfair videos. I could be wrong, though, I'll have to see if I can find it again...

That would be great, thanks.

Edited by Zibdas

Something else I've noticed; Sane gets the saddest vehicles. The Ice Dragon is pathetic in comparison to the other three, never mind his snowmobile... :sceptic:

Now I regret getting the ice dragon set....actually, I don't. I get loads of pieces! But I lost most of them.....including all the pieces you need to make the skeleton and the blue sphere thing.

Summer spinners

Whoa! I wasn't expecting to see this so early. I don't know much Spanish; does the video description tell anything about the source for these videos? I wouldn't be surprised if they're leaked, considering the NRG Ninja aren't due out for at least another two months.

Whoa! I wasn't expecting to see this so early. I don't know much Spanish; does the video description tell anything about the source for these videos? I wouldn't be surprised if they're leaked, considering the NRG Ninja aren't due out for at least another two months.

It's italian... the website name ends with .it like Italy *huh*