kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

Arghh! This vid is not opening in my location. When is it going to be uploaded to youtube?

Same here. It's not available in my country. Hero factory isn't even on nicktoons in my country!

In regards to the end of the episode, 2 things:

1. VON NEBULA IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. How did he get out?

After not seeing Savage Planet, Rocka's voice really hit me. I had always imagined it along the lines of Patrick Warburton's deep voice- not the squeaky Brooklyn accent he ended up having. Speeda Demon's also reminded me of an old woman for some odd reason. But, the actual animation is as good as I had imagined it would be.

And I'd be interested in seeing that Furno Stormer Bike you mentioned, Shakar. :wink:

I wonder when the Italian dub will come out (yes, it exists- yes, I was surprised about it). Hopefully the villain voices will be good, although I always favor the English dub, watching Hero Factory stuff in my language feels weird for some reason (I had the same feeling with BIONICLE).

@ TheDesuComplex: ask and you shall receive. :wink: Be warned, the pics are fairly large. The reason the boosters on the back are attached in a slightly different way is because I didn't have a third copy of this piece. And I didn't have those wheel pieces that were used in the handlebar, so I replaced them with generic gears. Anything else is faithful to the set's design- the only differences are colour related.

And as a bonus for everyone, Surge and Evo- they're taller now! They have hands on both arms! They have back armour! :oh3: Evo got a wide shoulder torso like in his original form (consistency FTW)! Surge got blue hands! And Evo got his purple lilac back!

Edited by Shakar

Nice mod,Shakar! After my brother got Rocka yesterday I've been wanting all my heroes that size.

I really enjoyed Breakout, very interesting story (though trailers ruined the ending for me) and I'm glad there were a few surprises. Seeing Surge battle Splitface in space was cool. And looking forward to the next one (I guess this means we have another wave of figures next year?).

Funny how Nex and Breez were the only two heroes missing!

Nice mod,Shakar! After my brother got Rocka yesterday I've been wanting all my heroes that size.

I really enjoyed Breakout, very interesting story (though trailers ruined the ending for me) and I'm glad there were a few surprises. Seeing Surge battle Splitface in space was cool. And looking forward to the next one (I guess this means we have another wave of figures next year?).

Funny how Nex and Breez were the only two heroes missing!

And Bulk. Don't forget Bulk. :P So basically enough Heroes/Villains remaining to do a continuation in the summer, to continue the plotline.

Edited by Mesonak

And Bulk. Don't forget Bulk. :P So basically enough Heroes/Villains remaining to do a continuation in the summer, to continue the plotline.

Threesome? default_tong.gif

Zing! Kidding, but, yeah, we *might* get a summer episode.

Hey guys, the english version of the Breakout is in the Official site!

And, it's avalible everywhere!

They are old and well know I think. I mean I watched it more than a month ago. So it's new.

English version is much better than polish. It sounds better a lot! Our dubbing is so childish... :hmpf: ... like always...

And Bulk. Don't forget Bulk. :P

Just remembered about Bulk! I wish I'd seen more of him, especially in Savage Planet. But it was good to have Evo and Surge back on the team.

And, do you mean a Breakout Part 2? Could happen, though I thought the story got wrapped up pretty well. I'm all for any more one-on-one fights though!

Well, we still have Breez, Nex, Bulk, Thornraxx, XT4 and Core Hunter to see..and then there are those storylines about the Doom Box and Speeda Demon's "Legion of Darkness", if the books do follow the TV show storyline.

I just watched part 1 in English. Stormer's upgrade doesn't make much sense- the only difference between his new form and the 2.0 form are those droids- he could've driven the bike in his 2.0 form just fine, no need to upgrade him. I understand they had to use his XL new form for the show (and he does look badass riding it), but they've could at least come up with a better explanation.

Whoa, Voltix's voice is so...deep. And Speeda Demon's is higher than I thought it would be. Lastly, poor Surge just can't catch a break lol.

Edited by Shakar

Voltix's voice is actually rather deep than I thought, and Evo sounds rather different despite having the same voice actor as before. And Black Phantom really sounds French. :O

Well, I watched the episode(s) online. Seems as though the hour long special on TV was, in fact, parts one and two (haven't seen the TV airing, but I have it recorded, so I don't know how the episodes were combined).

So, thoughts:

Voltix is amazing. I thought his voice would be bad (high pitched and stuff), but it was nice and deep. Also had so staticy sounds if I heard correctly which was a nice touch. The other villains were cool, too. The voice acting wasn't all that bad. I really didn't even mind BP's French accent and Speeda's high voice. I think the worst was Reapa's, but that was mainly due to him being hard to understand.

In terms of story, there wasn't much. It was action packed since it was a breakout after all, so I guess that's always welcome. The real only story was what was happening at the Factory, and think those segments were my favorite parts.

My biggest problem was the dialogue. I think someone said this, but a lot of it seemed really forced. Especially heard right after the Breakout with Evo's "Oh no!"

But, overall, good episode(s) (still don't know if I should consider it one or two episodes).

Kalhiki

So I'm compiling a list of questions that the episode either raised and didn't answer, or just pretended to answer and didn't, so I can keep track of what we actually do and don't know. If you guys have any other ones, shout em out, or if you think you have a logical explanation for the issue, say it.

1. Wtf was up with Von Nebula's "spirit" coming out of Voltix? Was this meant to be just for show (to remind us about the character) or is there actually a deeper connection of Voltix and VN that we don't know about?

2. When did Recon Team hire Rocka? Stormer acts somewhat like Rocka had been a mole from the beginning, and that Rocka's entire attitude for SP was mostly a facade, something Rocka's overall personality in this episode doesn't dispute.

3. Did Furno's core thingy actually drain it of energy, or can they do it any time anywhere? If the former, does it have to do with the new Core design?

4. Is that actually Von Nebula at the end? Assuming it is (seems likely), why didn't they show his full face, and how exactly did he organize this whole endgame if he's been stuck in the staff forever? Was this a backup plan to his backup plan? Is VN the new Teridax?

5. What was Speeda Demon doing on Kollix IV, anyway? Will the books be canon after all?

Those are just some plot observations that didn't quite gel with anything else. Anybody have anything else they see that didn't particularly make sense?

Well, I watched the episode(s) online. Seems as though the hour long special on TV was, in fact, parts one and two (haven't seen the TV airing, but I have it recorded, so I don't know how the episodes were combined).

So, thoughts:

Voltix is amazing. I thought his voice would be bad (high pitched and stuff), but it was nice and deep. Also had so staticy sounds if I heard correctly which was a nice touch. The other villains were cool, too. The voice acting wasn't all that bad. I really didn't even mind BP's French accent and Speeda's high voice. I think the worst was Reapa's, but that was mainly due to him being hard to understand.

In terms of story, there wasn't much. It was action packed since it was a breakout after all, so I guess that's always welcome. The real only story was what was happening at the Factory, and think those segments were my favorite parts.

My biggest problem was the dialogue. I think someone said this, but a lot of it seemed really forced. Especially heard right after the Breakout with Evo's "Oh no!"

But, overall, good episode(s) (still don't know if I should consider it one or two episodes).

Kalhiki

So faf, "Breakout" is only one episode. It's split into 2 separate videos on Lego.com but it's all one 45 minute video on the Nicktoons website.

Evo sounds rather different despite having the same voice actor as before.

He actually had a different voice actor this time around. He was voiced by Tom Kenny in Ordeal of Fire, and by Jason London in Breakout.

So I'm compiling a list of questions that the episode either raised and didn't answer, or just pretended to answer and didn't, so I can keep track of what we actually do and don't know. If you guys have any other ones, shout em out, or if you think you have a logical explanation for the issue, say it.

1. Wtf was up with Von Nebula's "spirit" coming out of Voltix? Was this meant to be just for show (to remind us about the character) or is there actually a deeper connection of Voltix and VN that we don't know about?

2. When did Recon Team hire Rocka? Stormer acts somewhat like Rocka had been a mole from the beginning, and that Rocka's entire attitude for SP was mostly a facade, something Rocka's overall personality in this episode doesn't dispute.

3. Did Furno's core thingy actually drain it of energy, or can they do it any time anywhere? If the former, does it have to do with the new Core design?

4. Is that actually Von Nebula at the end? Assuming it is (seems likely), why didn't they show his full face, and how exactly did he organize this whole endgame if he's been stuck in the staff forever? Was this a backup plan to his backup plan? Is VN the new Teridax?

5. What was Speeda Demon doing on Kollix IV, anyway? Will the books be canon after all?

Those are just some plot observations that didn't quite gel with anything else. Anybody have anything else they see that didn't particularly make sense?

I'm going to try and answer some of these, some may be right, some may be wrong, some are assumptions I've made, others are what I expect to happen.

1. I expect that Voltix was merely a "secret agent" of Von Nebula's, being ordered to wait until the staff was in place inside Hero Factory and he allowed himself to be captured to put the plan into action. What the "spirit" actually was I expect we'll find out later. Perhaps it was his consciousness in the form of an apparition, and only his physical form was trapped in the staff, which was also freed when his consciousness managed to break the staff. Kind of like the Beast in the Doctor Who story "The Impossible Planet" / "The Satan Pit". :tongue:

2. Dunno.

3. Dunno.

4. They probably didn't show his face to keep it a mystery to non-hardcore fans/kids who can't make the connection. I expect that he formed the plan in the years between him going rogue and Rise of the Rookies. The fact that Rocka said "we think the villain wanted the staff inside Hero Factory", possibly indicates that he (like Voltix) let himself be captured in "Von Nebula", so he could begin his master plan. If so, his "master plan" and his regular plan (Rise of the Rookies) kind of conflict each other, but to fully make a conclusion I think we need more information. Like I've said before, I won't consider Nebula "Hero Factory's Makuta" if he only appears in one more story. I also wouldn't mind him having ties to more villains.

5. If I recall correctly, he was attempting to knock out a navigation beacon so unsuspecting ships wouldm't know where to go, allowing him to rob them while they were stalled. Regarding Legion of Darkness, I doubt there will be an episode based on it. Speeda Demon would have to break out again, and gather an entire army from who-knows-where, which sounds rather repetitive and nonsensical to me. I think a Doom Box episode is possible, though.

One thing I want to find out about is the relationship not between Voltix and Von Nebula, but between Black Phantom and Von Nebula. Did they orchestrate the plan together, or was Black Phantom merely serving Von Nebula? I originally thought it was the latter, but it seemed to me that Black Phantom was indicating that it was something he wanted to do, it was his plot, so perhaps they're equal in rank, partners, that or Phantom was simply hiding Nebula's control of the situation, as I can't imagine it being 100% Black Phantom's plan, with Nebula obeying him; it wouldn't make sense. Also, now that Black Phantom has been captured, will Nebula try to break him out, or continue the plan alone? I expect the latter.

Edited by Omicron Squad Leader

He actually had a different voice actor this time around. He was voiced by Tom Kenny in Ordeal of Fire, and by Jason London in Breakout.

Seriously?

Oh, that's why he sounds different.

Personally I find Black Phantom took advantage of the Breakout and tried to take over Hero Factory, I mean, he was called as the "mastermind" of the Breakout obviously to avoid revealing Von Nebula's role in this. Notice how no one of the villains mention Black Phantom as being the "leader", so Black Phantom was just some villain that took advantage of the situation.

Still, Breakout has a few plot holes in it. Like what was Black Phantom's role in the Breakout, how Von Nebula managed to break his Black Hole Orb Staff and how did his consciousness do that, but we better hope LEGO explains these kind of stuff in the future.

Personally I find Black Phantom took advantage of the Breakout and tried to take over Hero Factory, I mean, he was called as the "mastermind" of the Breakout obviously to avoid revealing Von Nebula's role in this. Notice how no one of the villains mention Black Phantom as being the "leader", so Black Phantom was just some villain that took advantage of the situation.

Still, Breakout has a few plot holes in it. Like what was Black Phantom's role in the Breakout, how Von Nebula managed to break his Black Hole Orb Staff and how did his consciousness do that, but we better hope LEGO explains these kind of stuff in the future.

Black Phantom was the reason the breakout happened in the first place. Voltix used Von Nebula's consciousness (or whatever it turns out to be) to initiate it, so that Black Phantom could get in while all heroes were on mission, send the Hero Factory plans to Von Nebula, and use the Assembly Tower to make himself invincible and destroy Hero Factory altogether, so that no one could oppose "Villain Factory" when it was built.

Edited by Omicron Squad Leader

And that's another thing; was what BP was doing a diversion so they wouldn't cotton on to the plans being stolen, or was he just letting his megalomania get the better of him? Was it convenience that made him try and pump himself up, or was it also part of the Breakout plan from the beginning? Remember, some earlier material says he was actually intending to destroy the Tower, so was he still planning on doing that after he got all the energy?

And what the hell is Anti-quaza.

And what the hell is Anti-quaza.

I'm assuming it's corrupted Quaza, like Witch Doctor used to control the Savage Planet Animals.

If not that, then I wouldn't know. I'd have liked the episode more if they'd gone into further detail about that(and various other things).

My interpretation of the plan:

Von Ness goes rogue and meets up with some other guys (BP, Voltix, and probably others). They formulate the Breakout plan. RotR occurs and he gets himself captured. Voltix later on gets captured, and by some means manages to break VN free and cause the black hole portal thingy aiding the villains in escape (still don't know how Voltix got VN's spirit or whatever).

Here's where the bulk of the Breakout episode comes in. They said the villains began to start on their plans immediately after escaping, so I can only assume most, if not all the villains were aware of the Breakout scheme. Their plans are simply to cause a distraction. With the Heroes out and about, it's BP's turn to act. He goes in to mainly hack into the Factory and get the blueprints (which he send to VN).

As for the Anti-Quaza deal... That may just have been a side scheme of Black Phantom's. Or it could be another plot to prevent the Heroes and the rest of the Factory from figuring out his true motives (getting the blueprints).

Kalhiki

I actually liked the Breakout episode a great deal, far more so than Savage Planet. The pacing was still iffy and there were shades of the mediocrity seen in previous episodes, but overall there weren't any parts as painful to watch as some of the banter in Savage Planet. I think the voices and characterization tended to be spot-on in most cases. Most importantly, in my opinion, each Hero and each villain got a fair amount of time in the spotlight, meaning we didn't have any characters marginalized like Surge, Breez, Bulk, and Stringer were in Rise of the Rookies.

The animation and character models were wonderful, and the plot was definitely more complex than previous episodes-- that's obvious even from the fact that it hints at future threats rather than following the strict "Heroes receive mission/Heroes get upgrade/Heroes complete mission" formula we'd seen only slight variations on before.

Just saw the episode - very enjoyable. Best episode so far. I really like how Stormer looked, I might consider getting his set now.

Anyways, on the whole BP thing - he clearly stated his plan was to steal the plans for HF and then destroy the entire place, by plugging himself in and overcharging it.

Also, the way Zib talked gave me the impression that it's another villain outside of BP/VN orchestrating the whole thing. Core Hunter, perhaps?

Anyways, on the whole BP thing - he clearly stated his plan was to steal the plans for HF and then destroy the entire place, by plugging himself in and overcharging it.

Er... Whoops!

Also, the way Zib talked gave me the impression that it's another villain outside of BP/VN orchestrating the whole thing. Core Hunter, perhaps?

But Core Hunter is a normal villain like Drilldozer, Corroder or Splitface. I honestly do not believe the main antagonist of this Hero Factory storyline would be an average-sized set.