Bricksandparts

Heroica RPG - Quest#25: Imbuing the Sword

Olinn sets up his makeshift root-tripwire-thingy in anticipation for the next batch of stupid canines.

Where will you set it up? You'll most likely want to make it somewhere where you can expect it coming to prepare to strike as many hits on it as you can. Your party should probably make a strategy of what you will do during the battle too, but that is up to you.

"We can put that 'thingy' away." Hoke said. He then flicked the flat of Vintul's blade. The sword sang a strong crisp note as the approaching pack's yelps and howls grew closer. "This is how we will answer their call!"

Hoke once again took up his forward position on the rock and awaited the newest threat's imminent arrival.

I shall apply Venom to my hand-cannon in preparation for the next fight.

I don't think we really need any trap things, we should be fine.

QM Note: I don't even know how Mibbiwocket got banned, but it looks like we will need a new hero from heroica hall. :hmpf_bad: Would the party want to wait for me to get a new hero from Heroica hall before continuing the battle, or do you want to continue the battle while you wait for a new hero?

(OoC: Realistically, it would make more sense for us to finish this fight before getting a new member, but at the same time, going ahead would deprive a guy of 1 level of xp. Conversely, it may take a while (like a day or three) to confirm a new player, so unless you have a ready volunteer, it may be best to continue this fight, saying that Oolin was just KO'd or poisoned and only noticed now or something. I don't know, just my opinion.)

Olinn was looking around when he saw sparky, his cat, run off to the north. He left his supplies at the camp site and chased his cat... After a few minutes. Olinn is no longer in sight.

Hoke gets up and walks around.

"Well what do we do now?"

Party please elect a new party leader.

After electing a new party leader:

Party Leader, please divide the loot:

heroica-potion.jpg2 x Potion - Restores 10 health to the target.

heroica-fangdagger.jpg1 x Fang Dagger - WP: 6, suitable for mages and rogues

heroica-venom.jpg1 x Venom - Use on a weapon to make it cause a poisoned-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. A poisoned enemy loses 1 health each turn.

heroica-smokebomb.jpg1 x Smoke Bomb - Allows the party to escape the battle.

heroica-bedroll.jpg1 x Bedroll - Allows the hero to rest and regain health and ether in a safe place.

canteenpassport.jpg1 x Canteen Passport (2 trips) - Canteen Passport - allows up to 3 passes into or out of the city. The price without the passport is 20 coins/person.

"I wouldn't mind having you lead," started Sylph, "but does anyone else want to, who hasn't lead even a side-quest?"

Oh dear, this is quite a bummer. I would like to be the leader, as I have never done so before, but if someone else wants to, that is fine by me.

"Well, I've lead before, so I have a significant amount of experience in this sort of thing. I can fully understand if someone who hasn't lead before wants to get a chance, but I think a more experienced leader might be for the best. Therefore, I would like to nominate myself for party leader."

Edited by Tamamono

"Well it seems like we've all lead before but Erdy, so if she wants it, I'd let her have it, but if she's fine with you leading, I'm fine with it too."

Are we moving onto the next battle or waiting?

QM Note: Do you all want to wait until the Direwolves arrive? And Durkon (RPGer) has been chosen to take Olinn's place.

So Tomas is the new party leader?

The party:

img_1138.jpg_thumb.jpgDurkon (Played by RPGer)

Level 1 Mage

Power: 4 (1+3) (No extra power)

Health: 22/22 (1+4)

Shield Power: -

Ether: 5/5 (1+4)

Gold: 0

Inventory: Staff (WP:3), 2 Potions, Bedroll, Topaz (Lightning), Canteen Passport (2 trips)

Er2.pngErdathcath Madilinas (Played by The_Customizer)

Level 14.5 Ranger

Power: 24 (14+10) (No extra power)

Health: 22/22 (14+7+1)

Ether: -

Gold: 343

Inventory: Tritech Handcannon (WP:10), Longbow (WP:7), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), 4 Potions, 2 Grand Potions,3 Mead, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 11 Venoms, 2 Smoke Bombs, Ice Bomb, 2 Water Bombs, 1 lightning Bomb, 2 Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Played by dannylonlegs)

Level 13 Cleric

Power: 20 (13+7) (No extra power)

Health: 21/21 (13+8)

Ether: 16/16 (12+4)

Gold: 110

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 7), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, 3 Ice Bomb, 3 Water Bomb, 2 smelling salts, 2 fire bomb, 2 lightning bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 7 Bones, Signet ring, Grand tonic, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

6804337917_f0161d27c6_t.jpgTomas (Played by Tamamono)

Level 15.5 Sage

Power: 24 (15+9) (No extra power)

Health: 30/30 (15+15)

Ether: 22/22 (15+7)

Gold: 176

Inventory: Shadeaux Staff (WP:9), Fang Dagger (WP:6), Gold Staff (WP: 4), Pongcanis Staff (WP:5),3 Remedies, 2 Bedrolls, Tonic, Bone, 2 Grand Tonics, Shovel, Mead, 2 Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, Topaz Elemental Gem, Smelling Salts, Common Axe (WP:5), Captain's Shield (SP:3), Holy Bomb, 2 Grand Potions, Fire Bomb, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

hoke_ableword_1b.jpgHoke Ablesword (Played by UsernameMDM)

Level 16.5 Mystic Knight

Power: 26 (16+10) (No extra power)

Health: 33/33 (16+17+1)

Shield Power: 9 (7+2)

Ether: 17/17 (16+0)

Gold: 259

Inventory: Vintul (Great sword: WP 10), Hollow Blade (Dagger: WP 6), Steel Buckler (Shield: SP 7), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1), Sapphire, Emerald, Aquamarine, Amethyst, 2 Phoenix Essence, 5 Potion, Grand Tonic, Remedy, Bone, Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Canteen Passport (2 trips)

Any last minute preparations must be handled now before the rest of the pack arrives. If the party would all just like to wait for the battle, please state this choice at this time.

Party Leader, please divide the loot:

heroica-potion.jpg2 x Potion - Restores 10 health to the target.

heroica-fangdagger.jpg1 x Fang Dagger - WP: 6, suitable for mages and rogues

heroica-venom.jpg1 x Venom - Use on a weapon to make it cause a poisoned-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. A poisoned enemy loses 1 health each turn.

heroica-smokebomb.jpg1 x Smoke Bomb - Allows the party to escape the battle.

heroica-bedroll.jpg1 x Bedroll - Allows the hero to rest and regain health and ether in a safe place.

Edited by Bricksandparts

Hoke swings Vintul through a series of strikes and parries as he waits for the rest of the pack to arrive.

Hoke swings Vintul through a series of strikes and parries as he waits for the rest of the pack to arrive.

Hoke gains a level of experience! Just kidding :tongue: Just wanna wait for RPGer to get here and everyone to confirm...

OOC: Is it really okay with Sandy to divide Olinn's items like this? :look: I can understand dividing the stuff from this quest, but even things like his bedroll?

"I will give one potion to Sylph and one potion to Durkon, I will give the Fang Dagger to Durkon, I will give the venom to Erdathcath (it's not really like she needs it, but okay. :laugh:), I will give the smoke bomb to Erdathcath, and I will give the bedroll to myself. Because I love hoarding bedrolls. They're so fluffy."

"Moving on, I hope the new hero arrives before the Direwolves attack." :look:

"Yeah, I'm sorry, everyone's pretty well stocked, and the only person really suited to use venoms/smoke bombs is you. So, one more for your collection, I guess?" :blush:

"Yeah, I'm sorry, everyone's pretty well stocked, and the only person really suited to use venoms/smoke bombs is you. So, one more for your collection, I guess?" :blush:

Yep, that is fine with me! default_laugh_new.gif

Though 2 bedrolls? You must really be sleeping comfortable tonight!

"It's three, three bedrolls. I'll find a use for them someday." :blush: