Sandy

Mafia School: A Bedtime Story - Day One

He's still a cheating, airheaded loon, but against all odds it turns out he IS capable of civility. Noble jerk *mumble mumble* :tongue:

He cheated on me as much as he did on you. :tongue:

@Cindy, wonderful list you have compiled, but are you suggesting there is a correlation between post counts and being a scum?

I would advise against lynching her (Cindy), as we can always investigate her tonight. I feel that Pinocchio, or maybe even Aladdin would be better lynch-candidates.

Nothing against Cindy, but would you please elaborate on your reasons as to why Pinocchio and Aladdin are better lynch candidates?

@Cindy, wonderful list you have compiled, but are you suggesting there is a correlation between post counts and being a scum?

Scum like to hide under the radar. Keeping track of the post counts won't let them. :wink: It's a common tool in these sorts of situations, and while it's not solid evidence, it can give us places to look, especially later in the Day.

Nothing against Cindy, but would you please elaborate on your reasons as to why Pinocchio and Aladdin are better lynch candidates?

Well, Pinocchio said that he didn't know if he were a BG, and seemed a bit distressed when accused. I think that Aladdin said somthing about how he may be a BG. Cindy, however, has not said anything like that. (That I could discern, anyway.)

Scum like to hide under the radar. Keeping track of the post counts won't let them. :wink: It's a common tool in these sorts of situations, and while it's not solid evidence, it can give us places to look, especially later in the Day.

IF what you're saying is correct, the scum will be posting more to draw less suspicion from themselves. We would now have a harder time in identifying them. I don't see how this helps. :sceptic:

@Snowy, what's a BG?

IF what you're saying is correct, the scum will be posting more to draw less suspicion from themselves. We would now have a harder time in identifying them. I don't see how this helps. :sceptic:

Let them. The more they post speak, the more chances they will have to reveal their Scumminess.

It is indeed not that much to go on, but it it's day one. There isn't really any solid evidence, only speculation.

The day is yet young, my friend. We may be lucky yet...

You know, now that I think about it, why don't you tell us whether you're a Bad Guy or not? I mean, if you are a Bad Guy, you'll just lie, but completely dodging the question is a bit suspicious. I know I am a Good Guy, hoiw about you?

Oh, that was directed at Pinnochio. :blush:

Exellent. *claps loudly* Very smooth move on your part, Cindy. You are now my #1 suspect, here's my reasoning:

1. You made it look like you are a Good Guy by roleclaiming when there is virtually no reason to, thus bringing trust. Added bonus: If I say that I suspect you (Which I'm doing), I get suspected merely for calling out someone that everyone thinks is town. I would prefer not to roleclaim at this point, but it seems you leave me no choice. Doesn't it? However, I am a Good Guy, but you already knew that, didn't you? :wink:

Okay, my new suspects list goes something like this:

#1: Cinderella.

-Makes it look like she's being helpful, throws accusations, roleclaims without reason.

#2. Alladin.

-Cinderella's obvious follower, basically blindly agrees with what she says.

#3. Goldilocks.

-Hasn't spoken much, but acted scummy by making her speech look larger than it was.

#4. Mr. Bear.

-Been consistently unhelpful, except for accusation of me.

#5. Rapunzel

-Looks scummy, mainly because of the claim on how many Scum there are. Unhelpful. Sheep.

#6. The White Rabbit.

-Like Mr. Bear, unhelpful. Most likely sheep.

#3 and #6 are preliminary, awaiting more behavior for complete evaluation.

Anyone on this list, feel free to reply as you will. :wink:

Never mind realized what you meant by BG. I don't think you should be suspicious just because someone claims to be a BG. I don't remember seeing either of the two saying something along those lines.

@Snowy, what's a BG?

Because Scum have a choice: talk a lot (and thus lie a lot) and have more ways to slip up and reveal themselves to us, or try to fly under the radar, which offers less chance of direct slip-up but is in itself scummy. By keeping track of post counts and preventing people from flying under the radar, we force them to talk more, and thus give ourselves more opporunities to catch their slip-ups. :wink:

Oh, and GG are Good Guys, BG are Bad Guys (Scum). :wink:

:roflmao: Oh, this is hilarious. I've got to send some PMs. :laugh:

2. Goldilocks. Only one post to go by, but since this is Day One, basically everyone is under suspicion. The first thing about her post that rings bells for me is the amound of punctuation and pauses. It looks like she is trying to make it look longer than it is, so it looks like she's being helpful. This leads us to our final suspect of the five of us that have spoken so far.

As I have said, there's not much to go by at this point, but these three stand out to me, just because of small things I've noticed.

2. All excellent points. I have my own theory about her, but as it involves things said in the discussion topic metagaming[/i] information from before this ordeal, I shall endeavor to keep it from affecting the current investigation until we have more information.

I am truly sorry, I was...busy, for a while. These are both excellent points, and I agree that by that one statement I basically put myself on the chopping block. However, I have been studying a lot of the discussion here today, and I do believe that there are so many suspects, I just can't decide which lynch is just right.

Umm...some of us have work...

Well, I think that Cindy is not on our side :look: .... .making an observation, that was blasting people....true, but another question, how many scum are there....I think three, maybe four...not good.... :sceptic:

This one, for example, is extremely scummy, but hardly experienced in these sorts of situations, so that one might be the right one, but I'm not sure. Puss-in-Boots also seems very unhelpful, as does the Wicked Witch, but still, no one really stands out at this point.

Okay, my new suspects list goes something like this:

#6. The White Rabbit.

-Like Mr. Bear, unhelpful. Most likely sheep.

#3 and #6 are preliminary, awaiting more behavior for complete evaluation.

Anyone on this list, feel free to reply as you will. :wink:

Well I have been trying to be helpful, but there really isn't much to go on. There is no evidence, the only way is to get more people to post. For the more they post, the more you can tell who is scum. But there have been quite a few more people who haven't been active or helpful. The only other way I can see to be more helpful is to accuse others and see their defences. But the problem with that unfortunately just gets me higher on your suspect list. :hmpf:

Exellent. *claps loudly* Very smooth move on your part, Cindy. You are now my #1 suspect, here's my reasoning:

1. You made it look like you are a Good Guy by roleclaiming when there is virtually no reason to, thus bringing trust. Added bonus: If I say that I suspect you (Which I'm doing), I get suspected merely for calling out someone that everyone thinks is town. I would prefer not to roleclaim at this point, but it seems you leave me no choice. Doesn't it? However, I am a Good Guy, but you already knew that, didn't you? :wink:

Love you, too, Scummo. :grin: Anyone else spot the glaring mistake in her Good Guy claim? :laugh:

And as for logical mistakes: in what way is saying that I'm a Good Guy a roleclaim? It's nothing the scum doesn't know already, and it gives the other Good Guys a definitive claim to test.

The best part? You completely ignored the other people who still think I'm scum. You assumed they all think I'm a Good Guy, because you already know I am, because you're Scum. :rofl:

Oh, and nice job with you and your fellow scum partner surreptitiously accusing each other as you both try to draw suspicion onto me. :laugh: Scum. :grin:

Love you, too, Scummo. :grin: Anyone else spot the glaring mistake in her Good Guy claim? :laugh:

And as for logical mistakes: in what way is saying that I'm a Good Guy a roleclaim? It's nothing the scum doesn't know already, and it gives the other Good Guys a definitive claim to test.

The best part? You completely ignored the other people who still think I'm scum. You assumed they all think I'm a Good Guy, because you already know I am, because you're Scum. :rofl:

Oh, and nice job with you and your fellow scum partner surreptitiously accusing each other as you both try to draw suspicion onto me. :laugh: Scum. :grin:

Huh? I can see where you're coming from wiht the ignoring other people, and I heartily apologize. I only can quote one post at a time because of a stupid internet malfunction can only talk to one person at a time. For those that agree with me, I am sorry for ignoring you. :sadnew: Also, where are you coming from with my 'scum partner'? Are you talking Rapunzel, or Mr. Bear, or who? You've accused basically everyone on the list, and most of them have accused me, so it's hard to tell who you're talking about. Please explain further, so I can counter with a relatively adequate defense.

Huh? I can see where you're coming from wiht the ignoring other people, and I heartily apologize. I only can quote one post at a time because of a stupid internet malfunction can only talk to one person at a time. For those that agree with me, I am sorry for ignoring you. :sadnew: Also, where are you coming from with my 'scum partner'? Are you talking Rapunzel, or Mr. Bear, or who? You've accused basically everyone on the list, and most of them have accused me, so it's hard to tell who you're talking about. Please explain further, so I can counter with a relatively adequate defense.

Actually, I think I'd rather wait and let them further dig their own graves. The ones who I think are Good Guys know who they are. :wink:

Being unable to multiquote is no excuse. Even if you didn't quote them directly, you explicitly stated:

Added bonus: If I say that I suspect you (Which I'm doing), I get suspected merely for calling out someone that everyone thinks is town.

It shows you didn't even bother to read the other accusations, and spoke based on the information that you already know--that I'm a Good Guy--which you know because you are Scum.

I'm also loving how you don't even try to counter my first two points, or even acknowledge that they're true. :grin: Enjoy Mirror World, puppet! :laugh:

Oh, and on the off chance you're telling the truth about the quoting problem, switch EB to Compatibility Mode in Internet Explorer, or if you're on a different browser just open reply links in new tabs and copy/paste the extra quotes into a single post go find a cleric to cast a magic spell. :wink: If there's other computer speaking problems, just let me know, just because you're Scum doesn't mean I'm not happy to help with technical sorcerery issues; my dad fairy godmother taught me a lot about computers countercurses.

Actually, I think I'd rather wait and let them further dig their own graves. The ones who I think are Good Guys know who they are. :wink:

Being unable to multiquote is no excuse. Even if you didn't quote them directly, you explicitly stated:

It shows you didn't even bother to read the other accusations, and spoke based on the information that you already know--that I'm a Good Guy--which you know because you are Scum.

I'm also loving how you don't even try to counter my first two points, or even acknowledge that they're true. :grin: Enjoy Mirror World, puppet! :laugh:

Very well. If it's a reaction you want, it's a reaction you'll get.

1st point: A simple color change, nothing more. Easier on the eyes anyway.

2nd point: It is a roleclaim in the sense that you are claiming your allegiance, in this case without any reason but apparently to make me angry and/or to make me a lynch and/or nightkill target.

3rd point: Fine, I'm going to assume you mean Rapunzel. She's the obvious one anyway, we'll see how that works out. I would rather let her dig her own grave with her speeches than let accusing and/or defending her dig mine.

4th point: As I have said, I was in the wrong with this, I should have spoken to the people who agree with me. If you're going to continually accuse me on that, so be it. :sadnew:

Don't worry, Genius Pinocchio, I have a strong feeling you're not scum. All though I'm sure we all know who is...grumble grumble.

By the way, Aladdin, don't you have some fairy godfather trapped in a bottle or something like that? Why don't you ask him about who's scum or not. I'm sure that would solve all of our problems. And get rid of you know who.

Very well. If it's a reaction you want, it's a reaction you'll get.

1st point: A simple color change, nothing more. Easier on the eyes anyway.

2nd point: It is a roleclaim in the sense that you are claiming your allegiance, in this case without any reason but apparently to make me angry and/or to make me a lynch and/or nightkill target.

3rd point: Fine, I'm going to assume you mean Rapunzel. She's the obvious one anyway, we'll see how that works out. I would rather let her dig her own grave with her speeches than let accusing and/or defending her dig mine.

4th point: As I have said, I was in the wrong with this, I should have spoken to the people who agree with me. If you're going to continually accuse me on that, so be it. :sadnew:

1. No, no, there's no excuse. Anyone who's studied up on the game situation knows better than to make up a color for alignment-claiming, especially when the correct shade is available not just in the public, opening post, but also in the very post statement you're quoting. A simple preview mental review of what you were about to say could have saved you.

2. OK, because this like of reasoning is faulty and yet I see it far too often: claiming alignment does not hurt the Good Guys, because the Scum already know who is good and who is Scum. Revealing a confirmed Good Guy result is bad for the Town, because it removes someone the Good Guys know they can trust. (Sometimes a reveal is a good thing, such as when the Good Guys can guarantee protection for them, but that requires a lot of careful strategizing behind the scenes.)

3. I have nothing to say on this point.

4. I continue to point it out because it was a Freudian slip that revealed your underlying mentality--that of a scum. That's all I'll say on that, everything else has already been said.

Also, read my addition to my last post statement. :wink:

Puss-in-Boots also seems very unhelpful, as does the Wicked Witch, but still, no one really stands out at this point.

Sorry if I've seemd unhelpfull, like many of us, this is my first mafia situation of this type. I'll try to figure more out, and be more poinient in my posts.

Well I have been trying to be helpful, but there really isn't much to go on. There is no evidence, the only way is to get more people to post. For the more they post, the more you can tell who is scum. But there have been quite a few more people who haven't been active or helpful. The only other way I can see to be more helpful is to accuse others and see their defences. But the problem with that unfortunately just gets me higher on your suspect list. :hmpf:

I agree, and use this to my defence of post 1 /\

2. OK, because this like of reasoning is faulty and yet I see it far too often: claiming alignment does not hurt the Good Guys, because the Scum already know who is good and who is Scum. Revealing a confirmed Good Guy result is bad for the Town, because it removes someone the Good Guys know they can trust. (Sometimes a reveal is a good thing, such as when the Good Guys can guarantee protection for them, but that requires a lot of careful strategizing behind the scenes.)

Also, read my addition to my last post statement. :wink:

If roleclaiming doesn't hurt the town, and doesn't help the scum, why don't we all claim at once?

Keep that idea, I just realised that the scum could lie and say they are town, but that would appear sketchy. Hmmm... *huh*

Sorry if I've seemd unhelpfull, like many of us, this is my first mafia situation of this type. I'll try to figure more out, and be more poinient in my posts.

Actually she is the unhelpful one, coming in once in a full moon and making accusations without any constructive support.

Actually she is the unhelpful one, coming in once in a full moon and making accusations without any constructive support.

Hehe.. Full moon. Perfect for cats ANDwitches. Anyways, I think that brings her post copunt to 2, so I'll keep her as a possible suspect.

If roleclaiming doesn't hurt the town, and doesn't help the scum, why don't we all claim at once?

Keep that idea, I just realised that the scum could lie and say they are town, but that would appear sketchy. Hmmm... *huh*

Alignment claiming doesn't hurt town, role claiming can if it's done at the wrong time. Doctors, Cops, Blockers, vigilantes, and Vanillas are all town. The scum know who's Town but not which Town have the Power Roles. :wink:

Alignment claiming doesn't hurt town, role claiming can if it's done at the wrong time. Doctors, Cops, Blockers, vigilantes, and Vanillas are all town. The scum know who's Town but not which Town have the Power Roles. :wink:

Ohh! I see where you're coming from. The scum could still lie about their alignment, and probably would. So that wouldn't help...

Helo Charming! Why are you lurking? Or is it that you're just catching up on what happened while you were asleep? *oh2*

Ohh! I see where you're coming from. The scum could still lie about their alignment, and probably would. So that wouldn't help...

Helo Charming! Why are you lurking? Or is it that you're just catching up on what happened while you were asleep? *oh2*

Lots of lurkers recently...Sleeping Beauty woke up for a few minutes, and I could have sworn I saw Rapunzel again for a moment...

There's not much to talk about since the storm has passed away. I am still waiting for round 2 between you two.