Sebeus I

Flying Dutchman

[pid][/pid] 130D

15124847036_2179ff4152_c.jpg

Flying Dutchman / Hollandais Volant / Vliegende Hollander

She's finally finished, with a total length of 129 studs (about 1 meter) and a max. width of about 26 studs she's my largest MOC ship so far.

A special thanks for you guys, for supporting :pir-blush: , suggesting :monkey: , correcting :pir-hmpf_bad: and everything else you did in the WIP tread :shark:This ship would not have been what it is now.

This was also the first time I shared my progress in a WIP tread, I'm happy I did.

14459044702_c6bfec1618_c.jpg

afb035small.jpg

The Flying Dutchman engaging into battle with the Spanish Galleon - Brickmania Wetteren 2012

8717368225_f99eba8117_z.jpg

Terrorizing the great sea - Brickmania Wetteren 2013

dsc05945.jpg

dsc01054.jpg

dsc01091.jpg

dsc01095.jpg

dsc05976.jpg

dsc06106.jpg

dsc06017.jpg

dsc06118.jpg

dsc05994.jpg

The port side:dsc06326.jpg

dsc06096.jpgdsc06316.jpgdsc06318.jpgdsc06323.jpg

line_of_cars.jpgThe ship has a total lenght (stern lanterns to tip of prow) equally to 10 cars lined up.

Well, more pictures can be found in my Brickshelf Gallery.I'm going to make a mocpage as well and probably post a picture at Flickr.I don't have anything big planned for now, I might do some more experimenting with IR broadside cannons but I also want to build some more in other themes besides Pirate (but don't worry, I still have plenty of pirate ships in stock).Either way, I don't think I'll demolish this ship anywhere soon, I'm going to keep it forever (atleast some years).

I hope you liked it.

dsc09305.jpg

I also added it to Cuusoo, a ship the way I made it might not make a realistic set but it could increase chances of an official Flying Dutchman set eventually.

- - - - - UPDATE (18/07/2012) - - - - -

My Cuusoo project drew attention of a rather influent youtube lego reviewer (has over 12000 subscribers) :pir-oh:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Edited by Sebeus I

Oooh-ahhh! It's so impressive!

Looks like all that hard work payed off. Congrats! :pir-cry_happy:

This is definitely going to need to be blogged. I was here first, so take that suckas!!!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

WOW that truely is amazing there are so many details in it. I particularly love the back of the cabian with the seaweed and bits of sea creatures attatched to it. :pir-wub::drool:

It's finished! And what a beauty she is! This ship is seriously one of the best ones I've seen, the WIP thread was also very good for seeing how you made it! The stern is fantastic, all the detail is just marvelous, and the ship itself is full of so many great details! I absolutely love this thing. :pir-tongue:

:jollyroger:

WTF...i've wetted myself...twice :pir-oh3: , O MY GOD..this is one of the most amazing ships i've ever seen :pir-wub: :pir-wub: , i can't get my eyes of it, it makes my skin crawl, jitters popping up...i wan't one!!!!

No seriously, you've nailed this one, it's so detailled, during your build i must say i had my doubts how this was turning out, but you've outdone yourself :thumbup: .

I don't like the fact you use real ropes instead LEGO ropes.

Despite of this, great MOC, faithful to the POTC ship

I tried using original rigging pieces (link) but that just wasn't what I want it to be.

And because lego strings practically only come in black (which is a color I tried to avoid as much as possible) I decided the costum rigging was the best alternative.

Still, it makes me a bit sad that my ship is not 100% LEGO.

This is absolutely incredible. I know you have made some fine MOC's Sebeus but I think you have really excelled yourself this time. Its a strangely beautiful model and captures the original source material very well. Any idea how many pieces it took to make?

Very nice work and very authentic!

I bet it doesn't float though... :pir-tongue:

Cheers

Rog

This is absolutely incredible. I know you have made some fine MOC's Sebeus but I think you have really excelled yourself this time. Its a strangely beautiful model and captures the original source material very well. Any idea how many pieces it took to make?

I don't have the slightest clue, I weighted the ship (4,2 kg) and based on that (I know it's silly) I estimated...6000 pieces... but that could be wrong for more than 2000 :pir_wacko:

Ooh, I was looking forward to this one and it turned out to be more than worth the wait. This is absolutely incredible, Sebeus! I like every bit of it, from the choice of colours to the ornaments... congratulations, this is going to be one of the big MOCs around here :pir-classic:

Wow! Words cant explain how impressive this is! If TLC ever get around to releasing their own Flying Dutchman chances are it will look tiny compared to this one!

Well done!

:pir-oh3:

Is that all you have to say about this huge, magnificient, impressive, mind-blowing vessel? :pir-tongue:

You have outdone yourself Sebeus, fantastic work all round! From the details to the shapes, it's all top-notch. :thumbup:

When you started with this ship I was hoping you knew what kind of challenge it would become, and you've pulled it off in a most impressive way. Congratulations! :pir-sweet:

And oh, look at that wonderful tag of yours! :pir-wub:

but I'm a real noob at such things like costum sails, costum rigging, costum..anything actually :pir_laugh2:

Judging from your shrouds I don't see where is the noob part pirate_classic.gif They are great and fit fantastically the ship!I'm actually speechless. If this was a normal ship it would be impressive for its details and scale… But it's not! It's the FD, with incredible detail, shape and accuracy! You have gathered the ship's look in the stern, bow, everywhere… The masts in that colorscheme turned out great, the captain's cabin also, there is but one place that I dislike: the capstan pirate_tong.gif That capstan isn't looking finished yet, tough I know you went for lots of consideration with that. Anyway, at a ship at this scale, who notices the capstan? pir_laugh2.gif

As I said in the WIP this is probably one of the best vessels ever done! Great job! And you can clearly notice your progress from builder since your last FD… Fantastic!

Edited by Frank Brick Wright

Ooooh :pir-blush:

a moc expert :pir-sweet:

oh and I also became...a knight!

knight.jpg

I thought about making a new siggy for this occasion but I like my old one too much.

Btw, I updated my post with a new video, I had to make the soundtrack myself (because of youtube license problems) Because of that it's not as good as the original music :S

but atleast there is an continue track.

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

:pir-oh3:
Is that all you have to say about this huge, magnificient, impressive, mind-blowing vessel? :pir-tongue:

tis called speachlessness :pir_laugh2:

well done on your new title, Its very much deserved!

Do you plan to finish the other side or leave it for interior?

wonderfull ship!

three things are impressive here:

1. the color scheme

2. the custom rigging

and the most important

3. the rest! :pir-tongue:

tis called speachlessness :pir_laugh2:

well done on your new title, Its very much deserved!

Do you plan to finish the other side or leave it for interior?

Someday I'll finish the other side, when I gathered enough parts.

At this moment I can't even start building the other side, my old grey collection is exhausted, I have like only three 1x2 grey bricks left :pir_laugh2:

I'll need quite some minifigure legs as well and I'm also out of dark tan...

Overall, it would take another big investment :pir_wacko:

Words escape my mouth!! Wonderful techniques, design, details. everything!! 2 thumbs up!!

This is amazing work Sebeus! I love all the details crammed in like the turtle heads. The colour scheme is some of my favourite colours as well so :thumbup: all round. Frontpaged as well!