Sandy

Mafia School: A Bedtime Story

1). Why should I be chosen to play? I don't know. Because I want to, I guess. I would like to try my hand out at a Mafia game such as this. I should be able to post frequently enough, unless some steals my internet connection for a while, which unfortunately is not an absolutle impossibility. But I think I should be around.

2). Wow! I don't know what my favourite fairy tale is. Honestly, my only knowledge of fairy tales is Disney's work, and then a few others that I've just sort of randomly heard about. For favourite...phew, I don't know. Let me just put "Beauty and the Beast", since nobody has put it yet, but wait there are quite a few that nobody...well, yeah, I'll put that for now. Although I'm certain it's not actually my favourite, but being unsure as to what my favourite is, it will have to do, eh?

1. Why should you be chosen to play this game?

2. What is your favorite fairy tale and why?[/indent/]

1. I should be chosen to play in this game because I might make a good leader.

2. My favourite fairy tale is little red riding hood because I like the end where the lumberjack kills the wolf with his axe.

There's not quite enough sign-ups yet to fill the sixteen spots. Even though Mafia School games are primarily meant for people who have not played a Mafia game on this forum yet, others can sign-up as well.

Here's the specifics:

If you have a Mafia Appreciation Tag, you can consider yourself a veteran of the game and you will not be chosen to this game under any circumstances.

If you have only played one or two Mafia games here before, or if it's been a really long time since you last played, you can sign up for this game and most likely be chosen.

And anyone who falls in-between these two groups (those of you who have recently played more than two games, for example) can sign up to try their luck.

And anyone who falls in-between these two groups (those of you who have recently played more than two games, for example) can sign up to try their luck.

Well, here goes nothing, I guess... So voila, my response to your queries:

1. I think I should be chosen to play "A Bedtime Story" because I'd like to intensify my understanding of the game and enhance my gameplay experience. I don't really think that depends on the complexity of the particular game, but rather on one's ability to judge personalities and utilize roles, both of which I hope to improve on this occasion, if chosen - least of all since it doesn't look like I'll be playing with too many people I know well.

2. I loved La Fontaine's fables, and most stories whose main characters were the forest critters. I'm well aware that those do not fall under the strict category of fairy tales, but I've always found such stories much more interesting. In that sense, my most favourite story from my childhood was Tony Wolf's "Storie del Bosco". Favourite characters would obviously have to be the Bear and the Otter... :sweet:

P.S.: Playing with Chillax Darth Frodo would be an honour! :wub:

I figure I should sign up, if only because I need to make up for my past failures.

1. I'm active quite often, the only reason I haven't lately is because I've been pretty busy with work-related stuff. Also, my mother made me come over to the nursing home almost twice a day, every day, for pretty random problems. That's cleared up now, so I'll be quite a bit more active over the coming weeks. I've played in two games before, both basically botched on my part, but since I've read the MafiaWiki over and over, I think I'm ready for a new game and a new strategy. I don't talk in l33t speak unless I'm texting, which I can't do on EB anyway.

2. Aesop. Need I say more?

*Snip*

Would it be against the rules for both D-a-r-t-h Nihilus and Poison Ivy to be in this game?

They live together, and they share a computer.

Edit: *****sanddroids.net becomes douche.

Edited by LEGOman273

Would it be against the rules for both D-a-r-t-h Nihilus and Poison Ivy to be in this game?

They live together, and they share a computer.

Not if they agree not to discuss the game in real life and not go searching for each other's roles. (which would be on the honor system, obviously) In Isla Paradisa, Dan the Brickman and smittyfan were siblings, I believe.

I think it only reasonable they just don't talk to each other(in real life) for a month or so :laugh: Brings new meaning to "Sleeping With The Enemy" though.

Not if they agree not to discuss the game in real life and not go searching for each other's roles. (which would be on the honor system, obviously) In Isla Paradisa, Dan the Brickman and smittyfan were siblings, I believe.

I think it only reasonable they just don't talk to each other(in real life) for a month or so :laugh: Brings new meaning to "Sleeping With The Enemy" though.

I think we should just let the host decide on this.

I really like the concept and presentation of the game so far, Sandy. :sweet:

Perhaps they wouldn't mind that. :laugh:

I don't generally discuss mafia stuff with my girlfriend, if that's what you're getting at. :look::grin:

Generally? :devil:

Also, write your name (on here). :devil_laugh:

I'm sorry, but would you awfully mind leaving this thread to serve its original purpose? Which is - game discussion and sign-ups.

Next thing you know, people will start voting random stuff off and be all hilarious about it.

I should be chosen as in the most recent Mafia game, I failed at a never before seen level. I feel that playing in this game, I could improve my overall Mafia performance.

My favourite Fairy Tale is Jack and The Beanstalk, as my name is Jack, like the main character. I also like the magic beans aspect of the storyline.

I guess I'll sign up, it would be fun if I'm chosen.

Well, I've passed my Mafia School and played in two advanced games, though I didn't really succeed in them or anything. I wouldn't mind playing another Mafia School to hone my skills.

2. What is your favorite fairy tale and why?

I would say Hanzel and Gretel, as I enjoy stories with a darker flare to them. And, as a child I liked all the candy involved in the story. :tongue:

However, I don't want to be chosen if more suitable candidates are available; and I didn't check to see how many have signed up so this may be moot. Just putting my name out there.

It has been suggested by a few that I should sign up as it could be a while till there is another and is a good way to learn.

1) I like to think I have all my wits about me dealing with three daughters. Certainly can spot their lies a mile off. I have my English A-level and hopefully I have come across well elsewhere in the forums even though I have only been here two hours or so

2) Hansel and gretel. It's the one I alway tell my kids about their grandmother when they were being naughty :devil:

I'm trying to work on my "Playing Style," I was one of those more quite people but I've been working on being a more active member. This is still something I'm working on so all the more practice I can get the better. And because I really want to play in your game. :tongue:

My, I think it'd have to be the Grim, the television show, version of Little Red Riding Hood, there have been some good movies with that one. Anything dark and creepy is good by me.

On a completely different note, Sandy, this game looks to be one of the best ones yet! :wub_drool:

There's not quite enough sign-ups yet to fill the sixteen spots. Even though Mafia School games are primarily meant for people who have not played a Mafia game on this forum yet, others can sign-up as well.

Here's the specifics:

If you have a Mafia Appreciation Tag, you can consider yourself a veteran of the game and you will not be chosen to this game under any circumstances.

If you have only played one or two Mafia games here before, or if it's been a really long time since you last played, you can sign up for this game and most likely be chosen.

I would be in that last category, having played in Gotham Mafia and Yakuza Family recently, however those are the only 2 advanced games I have been involved with and I was not particularly happy with my performance in either one. I loved the preview of the characters shown before in the other thread so I will indeed try my luck and sign up.

My favourite fairy tale is Robin Hood, if that counts. If not, I guess The Three Little Pigs will have to be it. Especially the Green Jelly version.

Here's the specifics:

I fall into the third category, but I still think I'll watch this one from the sidelines. I've run out of hypotheses to demonstrate. :tongue:

Good luck to all who get in, though! :classic:

My favourite fairy tale is Robin Hood, if that counts. If not, I guess The Three Little Pigs will have to be it. Especially the Green Jelly version.

I also enjoy the tale, though I prefer Christopher Walken's interpretation:

:tongue:

This looks to be very fun, so I'll throw my name into the selection!

1. I have previously played in 1 mafia school game (Hinckley's Fabuland Housewives) and immensely enjoyed it. I would like to take this opportunity to learn more about the technical aspects of the game and also improve upon decision making/acting in character.

2. My favorite fairy tale is Goldilocks and the Three Bears. After all, who can resist a bowl of delicious porridge that's not too hot, not too cold, but just right? :tongue:

If it's nopt to late to join then he is my entry thingy:

1.I missed out on the other one Sandy did last year and I would really like to be part of one of these Mafia Games. They look really enjoyable and the storylines look awesome!

2.My favourite one is probably 3 Billy Goats Gruff, because I enjoy the troll hiding under the bridge deciding witch goat to eat (a bit like me at the pantry :tongue: )

Thanks for running this school for us all Sandy!

I hope the spots aren't taken up yet.

1). I've envied the people playing the regular Mafia games and I would really like to play them. It looks interesting, fun, and it's always nice to pretend to be someone else.

2). I would have to say I love the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. Suspense, mystery, and adventure. It doesn't get better than that!

Wow! Another Mafia School! I'd like to be part of this but since I have little time, I'll stay out, respecting the real players!

I'll read everyday since it seems an amazing set :D

Looking forward to see the new adventure!

I know I don’t qualify for this game, but if you still need the players, I’d be more than happy to fill in a spot for you.

After hosting a game I feel really pumped to play one again. Plus the theme you picked really appeals to me. But you should only pick me as your player if you don’t have enough sign ups.

My personal favourite has to be the little mermaid. I’ve always found the under water world to be very interesting!

So far, I have played 12 games in this section of the forums, for the first 9, I was always proud of how I played. However now I am not so sure. My last three games have been... well disasterous. In Baritones 3 I got myself killed and died on the second night for over-roleplaying and careless stupidity. In Curse Of Imhotep I went berserk after no sleep and too much SW, leading me to becoming an unreliable idiot. Then in my most recent game, Yakuza, well I was the worst player in the game. I hardly participated and was a train reck even at the beginning. Over these three games I have been told to watch out, be more careful and revise my tactics. Yet I keep managing to do badly. EB mafia has certainly changed since I started playing 4 years ago and I don't think I ever managed to catch up with it. Im just not sure I have the skill to play another game anymore. Therefore since you mentioned that some others would be able to sign up I would like to seize the opportunity and maybe be able to learn to be able to play EB mafia like the real veterans out there.

As outlined above, my game tactics are terrible, I have not the skill nor the mindset to be able to properly play and do well in an advanced game. I am actually interested in going back to the basics and learning things from scratch. I think that being in Mafia School could help me to do this, give me some time to learn what I have never learnt and bring myself up to speed with the more complex games. I need to learn how to do things like the pro's and what better way to do so. I believe that currently even half of the upcoming Mafia School students could play better than I have recently and I would like to see a new development on my side.

This one is easy for me, mainly because I am a disney fanboy. It's Aladdin. When I first lay my eyes on the disney film, it became close to my heart. It captured my interest of Arabia and for magical carpets. I can admit to even today having a few of the songs in my iTunes.