Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

Just curious if anyone else is planning on adding their own custom Monster Fighters to the team?

As a fan of the Arkham Horror board game series, one of my side projects has been to make some minifigs based on and inspired by the Investigator from that game and its expansions and those minifigs will be joining my Monster Fighters team. The latest member (sorry no picture yet) I think will especially fit in well. The parts are Lex Luthor's body with light grey hands, a Kai (the one with the scare over the left eye) head and the Two-Face hair.

What are some of your ideas for extra team members?

Any PQ torsos would look good. A few Dino ones would, too.

Just curious if anyone else is planning on adding their own custom Monster Fighters to the team?

Not really (I don't have enough cybernetic limbs), but I am thinking of making an evil Monster Fighter, just for some variety among the villains. :devil:

Not really (I don't have enough cybernetic limbs), but I am thinking of making an evil Monster Fighter, just for some variety among the villains. :devil:

Same here, but my evil monster hunters were going to act as spies. Why can't it be Summer already? This theme is going to rock. :devil:

I'll probably be swapping out the cybernetic stuff for regular limbs myself (and possibly re-work a couple of the vehicles to get a more 1930's-40's look) but the idea of new villains and monsters sounds good.

A Headless Horseman type character on a motorcycle instead of a horse might be cool (hmmmm) or an evil Magician.

A Headless Horseman type character on a motorcycle instead of a horse might be cool (hmmmm) or an evil Magician.

Now you're giving me ideas...

Just found a site with all sets for preorder, including set descs and character names:

"Explorer guy with robotic eye" - Major Quinton Steele

"Brown jacket, sunglasses" - Frank Rock

"Woman, orange hair" - Ann Lee

"Robotic Leg, Bowler hat, vest" - Dr. Rodney Rathbone

-Sci

I found a bunch of info on Monster Fighters online tonight.

I found these set descriptions on BBCW.com

9461 - The Swamp Creature

On board his swamp boat, Frank Rock is on the lookout for the Swamp Creature's moonstone. If it fails [sic] into the hands of evil empire, he could use it to eclipse the sun and plunge the world into external [sic] darkness! But can he find a way past his slimy adversary?

9462 - The Mummy

In her cool helicopter, our hero Ann Lee flies after the Mummy, making an escape in the ghostly chariot. If she can't stop the Mummy handing the moonstone over to evil Vampire, the world will be plunged into external [sic] darkness. Help her make sure that doesnt [sic] happen!

9463 - The Werewolf

Major Quinton Steele spots the Werewolf's moonstone under a tree. But it's an ambush! As he jumps out of his car to snatch it , the sneaky Werewolf pounces on him from the treetops above! Can our hero fend him off with his giant blunderbuss weapon and make off with the moonstone?

9464 - The Vampyre Hearse

The Vampire and his faithful zombie are getting away in black hearse. Can our hero Dr.Rodney Rathbone catch them on his motorbike and steal the moonstone or will Vampire launch a surprise coffin attack and send the doctor spinnig [sic] out of control?

9466 - The Mad Professor and His Monster

Dr.Rodney [sic] Rathbone and Major Quinton Steele have stumbled uopn [sic] the Mad Professor's evil laboratory. As our heroes reach for the moonstone, the dastardly professor zaps his ghoulish monster and brings him to life! Can our heroes escape in their car or will they be thrown in the prison for the rest of their days?

9467 - The Ghost Train

The ghost train is getting away and must be stopped! Help our heroes Frank rock [sic] and Ann Lee catch it in their acrobatic airplane, suck up the ghosts with the vacuum weapon and grab the moonstone! But these ghosts won’t go without a fight and want nothing more than to trap the heroes in the Ghost Train prison!

9468 - Vampire Castle

It’s time for the final showdown with the evil vampire! He has gathered all six moonstones at his castle and is about to plunge the world into darkness so that his followers can roam free for the rest of eternity! Will our heroes Dr. Rodney Rathbone and Jack McHammer be able to avoid the castle’s many hidden spikes, traps and entrances to disable the moonstone device, or will they be capture by the Vampire’s bride and the manbats and thrown in the castle dungeon?

There was also this description of the theme overall in the description of the two biggest sets:

Lego Monster Fighters is a spooky new monster based playtheme that features classic monsters and brave new heroes. Collect all the Moonstones to defeat the Monsters before they blot out the sun, throwing the world into total darkness forever!

The zombies set is a store exclusive, so it wasn't on the website. There were also no official pics from Lego.

The site has the prices available to retailers, but you have to be a retailer to see them. Can anyone do this?

I also found 9465 The Zombies on mightyape.co.nz for $69.99 in New Zealand. This might be marked up from regular New Zealand ripoff prices because mightyape.co.nz would probably have to buy the sets from Lego or TRU for higher than wholesale.

Edited by Sid Sidious

It appears that Lego has a contest on Tongal.com for someone to make Monster Fighters videos. It appears that the entire story hasn't been fleshed out yet, and this contest will determine some parts. One very interesting thing found here is the character bios. This includes the elusive zombies. Lego did go with the voodoo style zombies instead of post-apoc, virus, L4D, etc. zombies a lot of people were thinking of.

One interesting bit is in the mummy bio.

Beware the dusty badlands of the Monster Realm and the lonely desert roads where a ghostly chariot floats through the night. At the reins of this chariot and its two fire-­‐eyed skeleton horses, the red-­‐eyed mummy searches for anyone he can take revenge on.

It looks like the actual sets might be a bit different from the Toy Fair versions.

It appears that Lego has a contest on Tongal.com for someone to make Monster Fighters videos. It appears that the entire story hasn't been fleshed out yet, and this contest will determine some parts. One very interesting thing found here is the character bios. This includes the elusive zombies. Lego did go with the voodoo style zombies instead of post-apoc, virus, L4D, etc. zombies a lot of people were thinking of.

One interesting bit is in the mummy bio.

It looks like the actual sets might be a bit different from the Toy Fair versions.

The bio sounds a lot cooler than the set. :laugh:

It appears that there is blatant prejudice against the vampires. Both Mrs. Vampire and the bat people are missing a bio.

It appears that there is blatant prejudice against the vampires. Both Mrs. Vampire and the bat people are missing a bio.

There is some info in the PDF on the Tongal link posted earlier. PDF Link

Edit: I misread your post: They don't have their own Bio but they are mentioned in the main vampire bio.

Edited by MDolley

I wonder what the zombie set will be about - after all, the rest of the sets have a moonstone to be collected, and the castle shows us that all 6 moonstones are accounted for in the smaller sets.

I wonder what the zombie set will be about - after all, the rest of the sets have a moonstone to be collected, and the castle shows us that all 6 moonstones are accounted for in the smaller sets.

Atlantis had repeats of the Treasure Keys. Perhaps MF will be the same?

I think that store exclusive sets don't follow the story as closely as regular sets, so there will probably be a non-moonstone item to collect, like the witch doctor's staff or something.

Gadzooks! I didn't expect voodoo zombies, what a pleasant surprise. Seems pretty dark for lego but that's definitly an improvement compared to previous lines. I'm hoping that this will be based off of the above-ground cemeteries in New Orleans and have some kind of voodoo shack and possibly some mini-minifigures printed to look like voodoo dolls. :classic:

Gadzooks! I didn't expect voodoo zombies, what a pleasant surprise. Seems pretty dark for lego but that's definitly an improvement compared to previous lines. I'm hoping that this will be based off of the above-ground cemeteries in New Orleans and have some kind of voodoo shack and possibly some mini-minifigures printed to look like voodoo dolls. :classic:

It is a dark move for LEGO but remember both those things have been released only not merged together (zombie in cms1 and voodoo Jack Sparrow).

Since a lot of Summer sets are starting to inch closer to launch, I wonder when we'll start seeing these on shelves? It's more or less the only new non-licensed theme we're getting this year, I hope it gets some love.

Since a lot of Summer sets are starting to inch closer to launch, I wonder when we'll start seeing these on shelves? It's more or less the only new non-licensed theme we're getting this year, I hope it gets some love.

*cough* Dino. *cough*

And I don't see how Summer Sets are inching closer to launch. The Avengers sets are not traditional Summer sets in that they're being released early to tie in to the movie. There's been no sign of summer sets for non-new themes like City and Ninjago, so I doubt we'll see Monster Fighters sets before July.

Look what I've found on Bricklink:

10173.jpg

Looks like someone already got a hold of the new ghost minifig, or at least the new ghost headgear.

Does this mean that the Monster Fighters theme is about to be released? Let's hope so.

Look what I've found on Bricklink:

{pic}

Looks like someone already got a hold of the new ghost minifig, or at least the new ghost headgear.

Does this mean that the Monster Fighters theme is about to be released? Let's hope so.

This is like the situation with the new Ninjago figures. Some are appearing on eBay. I think they're just leftover Toy Fair pieces, or spare pieces from the production factories. :wink:

But hopefully this is an early release. :sweet:

Here in England that price translates to just £2.05 wich is quite good for a new peice I may even get a few.

This is like the situation with the new Ninjago figures. Some are appearing on eBay. I think they're just leftover Toy Fair pieces, or spare pieces from the production factories. :wink:

But hopefully this is an early release. :sweet:

Or they were stolen from the Mexican factory like a lot of the Super Heroes minifigures were at the end of last year.