K-Nut

Heroica RPG - Heroica Arena

Skrall walked into the arean and bellowed right back at the conservative ranger "And I Skrall the Ogre (Waterbrick Down) accept the challenge of this here Bartholomew Docken (Brickdoctor)." Skrall gave a few coughs as it had been a while since he had shouted that loud. As he lowered himself into the arena a small werehound arrived at the edge of the pit with Skrall's upgraded crossbow handing it down to him. Skrall smoothed his hand across the stock, pulled back the drawstring that strained under such torsion that only an ogre could draw, and leveled his gaze at the ranger sizing him up looking for any weaknesses.

"So I take it we're actually shootin' at each other and not paper targets on the wall then? Good this is my kind of competition" he chuckled.

OoC: Did RPGer formally accept your challenge from earlier? Also, if you want to run the battle yourself Brickdoctor I don't mind, I didn't know if there were rules about that or not, it would at least speed up the process, though we might collect quite a crowd if we waited.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

OoC: Did RPGer formally accept your challenge from earlier? Also, if you want to run the battle yourself Brickdoctor I don't mind, I didn't know if there were rules about that or not, it would at least speed up the process, though we might collect quite a crowd if we waited.

OoC: Thanks, but I'll let one of the other GMs do it. The fewer shortcuts in battles, the harder it is to get rich quickly in the Arena, anyways.

Also, I forgot what we'd decided before, but I think we should have ranged attacks deal full Damage to a target in the Back Row - otherwise, your most powerful hit (30 base Damage) won't hurt me. (halved for Back Row, then reduced by fifteen by my shield)

OoC: No problem then, it will build up the tension.

Skrall smoothly worked a bolt into the groove of his crossbow as he wondered how fast the other ranger was with his shield.

ava-docken_warden.png vs. skrall.jpg

Prepare for Battle!

ava-docken_warden.png

Bartholomew Docken (Brickdoctor)

Level 20.33 Warden *scary*

Power: 29

Health: 39/39

Defense: 15

Inventory: Briar Bow (WP: 9; Wood Elemental), Mythril Shield (SP: 15)

skrall.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)

Level 15 Hunter

Power: 25 (+4 vs beasts)

Health: 28 of 28 (+2)

Inventory: Hunter's Crossbow: WP 10 (+4 vs beasts)

I attack Skrall from the Back Row with my Briar Bow.

I whip my first arrow out of my quiver, notching it on the string and drawing back my bow in one smooth motion, but I turn slightly to the right with my shield now in front of me, waiting for Skrall to make the first move.

Noting the bowman's strategic positioning, Skrall shoulders his crossbow and fires off a shot at Docken from the back row with his Hunter's Crossbow, attempting to hit the ranger in his seemingly unprotected lower areas.

Docken vs. Skrall: Hit

Skrall vs. Docken: Shield

Barty, you get some confidence in yourself and Fire a bow straight into Skrall's Arm, dealing 9 damage. You step back, admiring your handiwork, but Skrall takes advantage to send an arrow straight at your heart. You raise your shield up, but it ricochets of and goes into your rib, dealing 15 damage.

ava-docken_warden.png

Health: 24/39

skrall.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)

Level 15 Hunter

Health: 19 of 28 (+2)

I attack Skrall from the Back Row with my Briar Bow.

I lower my shield to cover myself better, then fire back.

Skrall quickly yanked the protruding arrow from his arm, its head spiked with what seemed a myriad of tiny thorns. "Ah an elemental weapon," he thought to himself, "perhaps I might take advantage of that some way..." Skrall's thoughts were cut short however as Docken was quickly knocking another arrow and taking aim at him. Skrall jammed another bolt into the Hunter's Crossbow and fired again at Docken attempting to score a hit on his opponent's tempting upper shoulder blade from the back row.

I notice a Knight commenting on the battle, but I do my best to tune him out and concentrate at the task at hand, wondering why people seem to be in such a hurry.

I notice a Knight commenting on the battle, but I do my best to tune him out and concentrate at the task at hand, wondering why people seem to be in such a hurry.

"...Hurry up! I've got a battle scheduled for...12:00, maybe 12:01...and I also have a meeting at the hall at 9:00! And it's...8:57."

"...Hurry up! I've got a battle scheduled for...12:00, maybe 12:01...and I also have a meeting at the hall at 9:00! And it's...8:57."

GM Note:

Please, this isn't a place for spamming up with RP unless you're in a battle. Consider this a warning.

Skrall vs. Barty: Critical Hit

Barty vs. Skrall: Hit

Skrall, you take a second shot at Docken and deal 5 damage because of the Mythril in his shield. Docken, you fire an arrow straight into Skrall's leg, and deal 9 damage.

ava-docken_warden.png

Health: 19/39

skrall.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)

Level 15 Hunter

Health: 10 of 28 (+2)

Edited by K-nut

GM Note:

Please, this isn't a place for spamming up with RP unless you're in a battle. Consider this a warning.

OOC:Oh, ok. I will just post in heroica hall and come back whenever I can to say I'm watching a battle, to challenge people to a battle, accept a challenge or say what I'm gonna do if I'm in a battle.

Noticing that all shots are doing full power, I close the majority of the gap between myself and Skrall, attempting to pin his arm with my shield and firing at point-black range. I attack Skrall from the Front Row with my Briar Bow.

With the Ranger approaching from close range, Skrall decided that the time had come to use his size advantage. Towering over Docken, he attempted wresting the shield with one hand while loosing the Hunter's Crossbow with the other from the Front Row.

Guts walked in the arena, looking in the pit, there were an ogre, and a man in green, circling each other and shooting arrows.

Not sure who exactly to talk to, Guts cleared his throat and simply said:

"I, Guts Holla(Scubacarrot), Challenge Dak Shadeaux(Dart.h Nihilus) to a duel!"

He then went on along the railing watching the fight between the rangers, and waiting for when it was his turn to battle.

Edited by Scubacarrot

Docken vs. Skrall: Damage

Skrall vs. Docken: Critical Hit

Docken, you fire a shot at Skrall, who, somehow, leaps up in the air, grabs the arrow and throws it at you like a javelin because of your shield, it does no damage. You laugh, but then Skrall fires an arrow that bounces off your shield and hits you in the shoulder, dealing 5 damage.

ava-docken_warden.png

Health: 19/39

skrall.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)

Level 15 Hunter

Health: 10 of 28 (+2)

GM Note:

I assume your fine with this battle having damage be full effect, since if it were half effect in the back row Skrall couldn't hurt you?

GM Note:

I assume your fine with this battle having damage be full effect, since if it were half effect in the back row Skrall couldn't hurt you?

Also, I forgot what we'd decided before, but I think we should have ranged attacks deal full Damage to a target in the Back Row - otherwise, your most powerful hit (30 base Damage) won't hurt me. (halved for Back Row, then reduced by fifteen by my shield)

:wink:

I dive to the side around Skrall, using my greater agility to my advantage. I fire at Skrall from the Front Row with my Briar Bow before landing on my shield and going into a roll to absorb the impact of my landing.

"Sod he's quick," Skrall thought to himself as the ranger rolled past him. With the ranger brhind him, Skrall lunged forward firing a bolt off from the Front Row behind his unprotected back, hoping to catch Docken unprepared.

Edit: I think Docken should have 5 less health from the critical hit. :wink:

Edit: I think Docken should have 5 less health from the critical hit. :wink:

GM Note:

I thought I did that. I'll just incorporate it into this round.

Skrall vs. Docken: Shield

Docken vs. Skrall: Shield

Skrall, you get a bit pissed at Dockens cool moves, and swat him out of the way with your hand gently. As he gets up, you fire an arrow straight through his shield into his chest. He falls back, dead KO'd.

Skrall is victorious!

Both combatants are restored to full health. Consumables are not replaced and XP is not gained.

GM Note:

Huh? :wacko:

Skrall dusts himself off and walks over to Docken offering his hand, "Well there, Mr. Docken I don't think I've been in such a scrape since my last tussle with 3 chaos beasts. Well fought sir, now where did ya learn to handle a shield like that, it seems pretty handy. Most of my arrows would've gutted a man in 2 rounds but you lasted for quite a spell."

I accept Skralls hand.

"Well fought. That crossbow doesn't seem very quick to load, but it sure packs a punch."

Skrall inspected his crossbow, "Yes, I'm still not as keen on it as I am my old long bow, but it gets the job done. Tell ya what, why don't we let which ever young chap wanted the arena next have his go while we share a drink in the hall. Then you can tell me a little about yerself, I haven't had much of a chance to talk with many of the other rangers of the hall yet." With that Skrall walked back to the main hall.