WhiteFang

REVIEW: 8831 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7

On a scale of 1 to 5  

279 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 7?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

4. 4. Are you looking forward to the new images of the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 8?

• Yes, I can't wait to see the new official designs!
    • Maybe a little bit interested but not really that interested...
    • No, I am getting bored of this theme!

Ahh! I can't believe how excited I am for these... the minifigs have never been so good! I've got do admit that from

series 3 my excitement started going down.. but now, WOW!

And look, Matt's dress design made it with the bride! :wub: That bride minifig would've been one of my faves.. but the head, those grins give me nausea :sick:.... not that I'm allergic to happiness or anything :tongue:

Do I smell leg side printing on some minifigs? :blush: (e.g. rocker girl)

Woo, I'm even more excited for these than any of the upcoming SW, LOTR or monster fighters sets :grin:

Thanks WhiteFang for another fabulous review. And thanks lego for another amazing series, with so many new moulds, and for being a bit more sensible with distribution. Much against my expectations, the bagpiper is my current favourite. Surely the flower stems are too useful to be exclusive?

:classic:

Great review of a great series. Bit disappointed in the evil knight - like others I find his armor to be overdone, TLG should have spent some of that decor on the torso.

I agree on this, a black torso when he has that detaild armor and shield, this dude altough he is evil seems to be in on silverglossy things so he skould had an silvercrome details on his torso too.

An other thing seems the bagpiper ain't a real scot :laugh:

Just a question that is on everybodys mind and have probably been asked but when are some sneekpeaks coming on the Black series 8

Edited by Mencot

Thanks for the wonderfully detailed review of the upcoming series!

I really enjoyed reading it and I#m looking forward to buying some of those... or rather all of those! :wink:

Just one thing: Is it confirmed that each box has the same distribution? If I were TLG I would have all minifigures produced in equal amounts and then distribute them to the boxes so that the additional 12 minifigs are different in each box.

I'm thinking about getting a whole box, but I'm not sure my wife will like this idea... :tongue:

*impatientlywaitingforapril*

I started collecting these as soon as series 2 hit the stores, they are actually what got me back into Lego after a long hiatus. I missed series 1 like a lot of people, but thankfully went back and bought them early from Bricklink/Ebay. Now I own all that are current and can't wait to get my hands on these! Series 7 is leaps and bounds above series 6 :D

I have vague memories of classic helmets allowing visors though.

Well, according to Bricklink, there are some that accept visors and some that don't. However, the only visors designed to cover these helmets securely are the old Castle face shields. Modern visors will not sit flush with the front of the helmet, nor close so that they cover the entire face.

Perhaps a bit OT in which case I apologise, but Series 7 is now available in the UK. I picked up the Valkyrie, bride, bagpiper and jungle boy earlier today.

Amps

Do I smell leg side printing on some minifigs? :blush: (e.g. rocker girl)

Yes the leg design printing extends round the sides, but I'm guessing not the back of the legs. This was the case with the series 6 celtic warrior and roman.

Let the hunt begin!

Thank you for another fantastic review, Whitefang! My only suggestion for improvement would be a dedicated section that iterates over all the figs' back printing, arm printing, and leg printing. I was left wondering if any of the other figs besides the bunny suit guy have back printing. Maybe you could do that next time? But we all appreciate the hard work you put into making these reviews. It must take you hours to put this together!

I have to say as an avid collector of CMF, this series is looking to be by far the best. There's only one or two that I would consider ho-hum, and for the first time I'm thinking I want multiples of more than a couple of these figs. I'm really swooning over the black knight and the bride, in particular. I can't see how series 8 can top this!

I also can't believe series 7 is almost here. *pant pant* Just finished series 6!

Perhaps a bit OT in which case I apologise, but Series 7 is now available in the UK. I picked up the Valkyrie, bride, bagpiper and jungle boy earlier today.

Amps

Already, you trying to pull something here :sweet::tongue:

I agree with Whitefang, the mini figures are great but I just could not stand it that LEGO keeps increasing the prices for these figures! At least in Singapore!

Thanks for the fantastic review! :thumbup:

I wonder what this torso would look like with this skirt:

I will think it is worth trying it out. I like her torso though.

Surely the flower stems are too useful to be exclusive?

I am pretty sure we will be able to see it somewhere in other sets or theme in the future. Like the CMF Raygun making it into the Alien Conquest theme.

Thank you for another fantastic review, Whitefang! My only suggestion for improvement would be a dedicated section that iterates over all the figs' back printing, arm printing, and leg printing. I was left wondering if any of the other figs besides the bunny suit guy have back printing. Maybe you could do that next time? But we all appreciate the hard work you put into making these reviews. It must take you hours to put this together!

Actually, all of such prints which I have take note is in their individual hyper-link under the minifigure section. If I don't mention it, there is a very high likelihood that it is not there.

I agree with Whitefang, the mini figures are great but I just could not stand it that LEGO keeps increasing the prices for these figures! At least in Singapore!

No problem at all. I think the pricing is the same as Series 6 in our case.

Am I the only one looking forward to the guy in the bunny suit? The group pic with the gorilla and lizard looks great.

Edited by Super Goblin

Well, let's see... where to begin? I guess I'll start by thanking White Fang for another glorious glimpse of what we're in for - well done as usual!

The awesome-est thing about this series: the bagpipes. Not the best minifigure, but the best new piece, hands down, IMO. I don't even have a use for it and I want it many. A VERY close second is the Aztec helmet. I can definitely use a handful of those Aztecs - but I'm still more impressed with the bagpipes. Those things are genius.

The weakest thing about this series: the daredevil.. I like the hair in a new color, but I'm not really impressed. Not a big fan of tennis, either, but at least with this one you can MOC a couples doubles tennis match... not that I really would want that.

This series definitely has the most number of "wanted" (although I always want them all for completeness), although, like the last series, although I do want a few Aztecs, there aren't any that I want to "army build" with.

Thinking about getting a box again... I see where I can get a box for list, but it says it ships in May, not April, so I'm wondering when the U.S. release date is for sure, because it's not on LEGO S@H (for pre-order, or even at all) yet.

Excellent review--thank you! I certainly would like a squad of space marines, but not sure I can afford a box to do it, even though that seems the easiest way.

Wow, the series just keeps getting better and better! Neptune's great, so's the black knight, the piper is fantastic, and by Odin's beard - I love the Valkyrie!! :wub:

Am I the only one looking forward to the guy in the bunny suit?

No! :wink:

I can imagine lizard man chasing the bunny man on the green meadow. *insertbunnyearedlegoheadhere*

Thank you so much for the review Whitefang. It is excellent as always! The figs are great as usual and one of the best releases in terms of quality and selection.

As a long time complainer about the distribution of the minifigs, I have to thank TLG for making the space marine and evil knight have 5 of each in the case. Although I liked series 6 more this is the best release just because TLG finally learned what army building is all about.

I do add, don't get any misconceptions about which minifigs will fetch the highest price on Bricklink. The Space marine followed by the knight will still likely be the 2 most expensive figures. The small percentage change in numbers per case will not make up for the people who want to collect hundreds of those figs. But it is still a step in the right direction!

Thank you so much for the review Whitefang. It is excellent as always! The figs are great as usual and one of the best releases in terms of quality and selection.

As a long time complainer about the distribution of the minifigs, I have to thank TLG for making the space marine and evil knight have 5 of each in the case. Although I liked series 6 more this is the best release just because TLG finally learned what army building is all about.

I do add, don't get any misconceptions about which minifigs will fetch the highest price on Bricklink. The Space marine followed by the knight will still likely be the 2 most expensive figures. The small percentage change in numbers per case will not make up for the people who want to collect hundreds of those figs. But it is still a step in the right direction!

Small percentage change? There will be 66% more out there from space marines and evil knights than from the rarest figures. I'm pretty certain that the Aztec will come out on top in terms of price though these two will probably still sell above the average. And opinion has been a bit mixed about the evil knight, I don't particularly like it either and I'm not the only one. (Red eyes, plain torso, too much ornamentation on other parts. It's just not that useful.)

Awesome review, WhiteFang! :thumbup:

My definite favorites are: The Aztec Warrior, Bride, Hippie (Woodstock, anyone? :grin:), Grandma Visitor (such a creepy name :look: ...), The Ocean King, and the Valkryie.