whung

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 7 Discussion

I have to disagree with you on the Galaxy Patrol guys, he's probably my favorite one. :sweet:

Hm...I would pick up as many Aztecs as I could. Aztec army building!

I agree with both of you. :moar:

Your welcome. It seems like the figures show up a couple weeks or so after the UK so it's a waiting game. Though now is the question of how much longer the series will last. Seems like they are dropping in popularity lately. Series 5 arrived at a walmart near by(first and ONLY series at store)and they barely sold at full retail. Last time i checked on the packs, there was still 2 boxes left out of 5 that were put in the clearence area at $1 a piece. Whereabouts of the other 11 BOXES that were in the lego aisle are unknown. Went to the lego store 2 times in about 2 weeks(2 mini vacations) and the series 6 figures didn't move at all.

Personally i'm really tired of the line. currently i'm planning on going for 2 figures(bunny suit guy and tennis player) but those are to go with the animal suit guys and tennis gal. I was orginally going to go for maybe a couple females but I decided to take a Plan B route. I decided that i'd rather put the money towards getting some parts to complete the figure parts i got from the Build a minifigure bin at the lego store instead.

I must say that I am lucky that other people do not think the same as you. Wherever I go, apart from series 4 which wasn't very lucky, minifigs vanish in a small time. This is why I have to do the route of a lot of shops when they hit the shelf, I must feel the bags and secure the wanted ones (I got 35 romans, just to say one) before they go off... and so as soon as S7 reaches my country (we have NO lego stores here) I must wipe off all the knights before someone takes them.

I really believe that if @lego aren't masochists, these series would last long.

Quick question: has anyone in the midwest region of the US found series 7? I'd be ecstatic to get an answer.

I popped into the Lego Store in Schaumburg, IL (Chicago suburb) yesterday, and asked the clerk when he was epxecting series 7. He said "That's not due out until this summer." I'm pretty sure that's not right, given that the figs are already showing up in the UK. There's no way TLC waits until summer to release them in the U.S.

Apparently even Lego employees don't really know what's going on with this series.

I popped into the Lego Store in Schaumburg, IL (Chicago suburb) yesterday, and asked the clerk when he was epxecting series 7. He said "That's not due out until this summer." I'm pretty sure that's not right, given that the figs are already showing up in the UK. There's no way TLC waits until summer to release them in the U.S.

Apparently even Lego employees don't really know what's going on with this series.

Here in Italy usually come out a month after UK.

They said

"March"

"April"

"May"

"June"

in different shops.

So this may help you understand they usually don't know anything about it.

Quick question: has anyone in the midwest region of the US found series 7? I'd be ecstatic to get an answer.

I'm heading to the Mall of America this weekend, as I'll be in the cities, so I'll check and see if anyone there knows.

Is it just me, or do they have terrible timing with the seasonal figs? Series 7 has a "bunny suit guy" that would be great for Easter. But Easter is on April 7th this year, and series 7 won't even be in most places until after that date, let alone hitting a nice saturation where they are available on shelves in decent quantities.

I feel like the same thing happened with the Leprechaun fig in series 6. Just barely missed St. Patty's day.

I think those seasonal figs should really have moved back a series earlier so they would be available in time. Hey, doesn't matter to me because I get them all anyway. But it would be nice for TLGs sales figures and casual customers to get a fig out before the target holiday, not just barely after.

I heard a radio advertisement for a local store called Jansen's Paint & Decorating Hobbyland, and this store sells Lego. THEY'RE not getting Series 7 til June! I'm sure they'll be at local Wal-Marts before then, and they'd BETTER be, because I'm not waiting that long if other countries have them already.

I feel like the same thing happened with the Leprechaun fig in series 6. Just barely missed St. Patty's day.

But Series 6 came out in January, well ahead of St. Patrick's Day? I agree about the Bunny Suit Guy, though.

But Series 6 came out in January, well ahead of St. Patrick's Day? I agree about the Bunny Suit Guy, though.

You're right, he was there for St. Patty's day. I guess it just feels like I got them all a couple weeks ago, but maybe it's been a couple months at this point. :laugh:

I think the graduate was another one that was just a little late as well (for late spring graduations), if I'm remembering correctly.

I have added more HR official images to my BS gallery.

all pics link to +2500.pxl size

a_8831_box_front_800.jpg

d_8831_detail_2_800.jpg

c_8831_detail_3_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

picked up 7 minifigures today in tesco extra risca (south wales)

Really easy to feel what they are this time, got 7 unique figs

Bride

Hippy

Viking gal

space warrior

lady swimmer

scotsman

jungle boy

£1.97 a fig

they had 6 or 7 boxes only one was opened

Hopefully these reach the land down under soon, I need me some computer programmers and some bagpipers :)

Thanks for the new pictures, every new angle makes them look even better.

Is the valkyrie reddish brown or brown? I would say normal brown, but then the shield looks darker than that. Could someone verify that? I am looking for some fitting legs.

I hope to hear of sightings in Germany soon.

Edited by Wardancer

Is the valkyrie reddish brown or brown? I would say normal brown, but then the shield looks darker than that. Could someone verify that? I am looking for some fitting legs.

With all due respect, excluding one single item, TLC is not releasing brown parts since 10 years.

The shield would be DARK BROWN, the body will be REDDISH BROWN.

With all due respect, excluding one single item, TLC is not releasing brown parts since 10 years.

The shield would be DARK BROWN, the body will be REDDISH BROWN.

Ah I see, thank you, I thought there was an additional difference between still produced 'brown' and obsolete 'old brown'. Great, then the choice of legs is much easier.

I heard a radio advertisement for a local store called Jansen's Paint & Decorating Hobbyland, and this store sells Lego. THEY'RE not getting Series 7 til June! I'm sure they'll be at local Wal-Marts before then, and they'd BETTER be, because I'm not waiting that long if other countries have them already.

I see you are in Canada, there is a seller on Ebay with a complete set listed who is also in Canada so they must be about somewhere already.

I see you are in Canada, there is a seller on Ebay with a complete set listed who is also in Canada so they must be about somewhere already.

Awesome! I can't wait for Series 7!

Must haves: Bagpiper, Computer Programmer, Hippie

They're in the shops - well, WHSmith on Argyle Street in Glasgow, UK ...

I know, because I was there this morning and bought 64 of them ! (2 of everything plus, in fact 3 of most, 13 more evil knights etc etc!)

Awesome-tastic !

Today I walked into my local Argos and BOOM the new Minifigures staring at me in the face! They had some Series 6 still so I got two S6 and two S7. A hippie and an Evil Knight. Feeling the packet I was looking for a Space Patrol or Computer Programmer; but these two I got are just pretty :) Hard to distingush the Evil Knight and Space Patrol though -__- The armor piece. I also got of S6 a Highland Warrior at random and a Surgeon by feeling for the X-Ray! Ta-raa!

Edited by RobTheLegoNutjob

Today I walked into my local Argos and BOOM the new Minifigures staring at me in the face! They had some Series 6 still so I got two S6 and two S7. A hippie and an Evil Knight. Feeling the packet I was looking for a Space Patrol or Computer Programmer; but these two I got are just pretty :) Hard to distingush the Evil Knight and Soace nPatrol though -__- The armor piece. I also got of S6 a Highland Warrior at random and a Surgeon by feeling for the X-Ray! Ta-raa!

Where do you live? Is it the UK? I'd be so excited if it was Canada though, because I haven't heard many reports of Series 7 in Canada yet.