Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

do you think we will see any marvel or dc sets given out with the sun newspaper this year they usually have a lego promotion around may

Interesting, very interesting - marketing tie up with TV not just film. :wink:

Even though Disney is involved in their own program, people from Cartoon Network shows are involved as well.....since we don't have Disney XD in Oz and The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes's is played on CN on pay TV plus ABC3 youth channel on TFA TV...then this new show should appear on those channels. Even more interesting that in the character list is one Iron Man, so perhaps that explains his changes to his suit....a triangle instead of a circle on his chest plate.

Oh, yeah I agree.....the Nick Fury figure will be awesome......though we can only guess how we'll get him in a set ? :wink:

I reckon there'll be an exclusive Avengers set with Nick Fury released later this year after the other sets, much like 4184 was from POTC. If so, getting that one!

Super Heroes is probably going to last for years, as there's so many set and minifigure possibilities. Who knows, it might even become as popular as Star Wars.

I, however, am still waiting for Green Lantern and Daredevil sets to come out :grin:

Not to thrilled with the Spider-man figures. I feel Spidey's eyes are a little too far apart (really should of looked again before saying that, the distance is fine, they're just too big for my taste) and I don't like Iron Fist's mouth. I know that it's nit-picking though. :sceptic: I don't think that I have to explain how I feel about Ock, I'm glad that they changed him a lot, but I honestly prefer Two-Face's colorscheme to this, but to be honest, I think that my biggest problem with him are the teeth. :sick: Sorry for being picky, nobody is forcing me to buy them, and I probably wouldn't of in the first place.

Fury looks pretty good though, but I've kind of lost hope that he's in a set. I kind of think that he was in early versions of either the X-men or Spider-man set, but was cut for either having too many minifigures in a set or in favor of Iron Fist (for who knows why).

Edited by Superficial Username

I reckon there'll be an exclusive Avengers set with Nick Fury released later this year after the other sets, much like 4184 was from POTC. If so, getting that one!

UCS sheild Heli-carrier anyone?

do you think we will see any marvel or dc sets given out with the sun newspaper this year they usually have a lego promotion around may

Maybe. After all, we still don't know where or when the Batman promos will be distributed.

My money is still on an exclusive DVD release of the Avengers movie, but only time will tell when/where he'll show up. The Marvel line does seem to parallel the DC line in a number of ways, and we now know that DC has a minifig release with the Lego Batman 2 game...of course, if a Marvel Lego game is announced for later this year, I'd say that would be the likeliest spot for him. I'll be happy with the characters that are being released for now.

Hmm, Spider-man looks great, but the other two figures look a bit odd.

I see what they're trying to do with Doc Ock, but a darker colour scheme would be much better.

Welcome to Eurobricks. Please use capital letter where appropriate and proper punctuation. Thanks. :classic:

With all this Marvel chatter.....what has happened about the Green Lantern eh ? :look:

I have notice in the Wiki for Cartoon Network a new Batman series for next year, so are we to see more sets based actually on TV series...perhaps ? :wink:

Hopefully the Spiderman set will be relatively small.

They all look great, never heard of Iron Fist but he looks like a cool looking guy :classic:

Still no ideas where Nock Fury is going to appear.. :look:

Here is Spidey and chums, apologies for blurry camera phone image

My link

Thanks! I have to say I don't like those that much at all.

Guys! look at this! I think we have our Nick Fury first look:D

http://splashpage.mt...ego_poster1.jpg

Thank you, that poster is very nice and Nick Fury looks good.

Great first post, Tomaslam2!

Since he won't be in the Spidey set; where will he be?

At this point, I am going to guess there is an unmentioned Avengers set (probably an exclusive) that will feature him. Like with the Funhouse Escape set that showed up out of nowhere without having any mention the months before. I also think that since he wasn't shown in the same box with Spidey, Iron Fist and Doc Ock that he won't be in that set, maybe, but who knows.

Just because Fury is in that poster doesn't necessarily mean that we'll get him, or that he will look like this if we do. Remember that the HP movie posters included lots of characters and versions of Harry and friends that we have never gotten and probably never will. But yeah, it would be a crime if they don't release him, especially after they said they would. I guess we'll have to wait and see (again).

I think he was mentioned as a confirmed minifig in the press release by TLG?

That's another issue. Do you really think they will reintroduce that Indiana Jones gun in a new color? :sceptic:

I would say it is highly probable, rather than making a new mold. In that same movie poster Black Widow is holding two of them, so maybe they are already included in the Quinjet set.

No surprises I fear, the full character sheet from the comic book. Compared it to one from DC line that had all the heroes,villains and civilians from every set

6881824686_405297b54a_c.jpg

Its very dark in Scotland now and a photographer I ain't

Edited by surrideo

Well, to be honest the spidey minifigs look a little dull to me.

I like it, classic spidey. I'm a little anoyed they use the same muscle pattern for everyone. latest minifigure series atleast has some new ones.

No surprises I fear, the full character sheet from the comic book. Compared it to one from DC line that had all the heroes,villains and civilians from every set

Its very dark in Scotland now and a photographer I ain't

Well hold on half a damn, sir! :tongue: Every character, but not every figure. there are two distinct Iron Man suits, don't forget.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

WOW! I sure have missed a lot! I really love that Avengers poster/Nick Fury fig! I hope we get him in a set soon!!! And I am super excited for the Spiderman set. I love the Spidey and Iron Fist figs, but Doc Oc is just not workin for me.... Anyway, I hope this Spidey set comes out soon, and I am still excited for the Avengers sets. (Sorry for all those explanation points, too!)

That's another issue. Do you really think they will reintroduce that Indiana Jones gun in a new color? :sceptic:

Honestly, because the indiana jones guns were standalone adaptions of the batman "multiple weapons as a single part" (always together, like heroica weapons, friends accessories, clone trooper add-ons, potc gold bars & doubloons - you're no stranger to it, I just don't know how to concisely refer to the accessory packs) Deep breath, they've already gone through the trouble of salvaging designs they'd lacked the foresight to produce separately, ("I can't imagine a tommy gun ever being used without a batarang and propellor batblade,")

and even batarangs as a standalone part this year - and christening brand new design IDs and molds that just make what you need...

The hassle of reintroducing that one gun, with its ready-to-go standalone design and the exact same part number, doesn't seem as great as those hassles that they did go through previously.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Hmm...looking good. Except Ock looks a bit different. I finally get Spidey though, so I'm happy. The Avenger poster looks good. If they're in stores already, hopefully TRU has them and is part of their BOGO sale(commercial said all LEGO).

One interesting thing to note, though, is that this is not the Nick Fury with trench coat from the movie, It's a more comic accurate version with the SHIELD suit with all the straps and stuff. So, if he does show up in a set, I don't think it will be an Avengers set. He might be in a Spider-man set after all, assuming that he will appear in this outfit in the show, although he has only been seen with a trench coat there so far too.

That is hes Avengers costume for nick fury, it's jsut without the coat on.

here are some picture where he looks like the minifig.

Hot-Toys-Nick-Fury-PR6-550x412.jpg

254598559.jpg

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/avengers-promo-art-nick-fury-samuel-l-jackson-01.jpg

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Changed one pic to link. Size too big.

Spidey is cool, but Ock and that other guy look weird...

But I do laugh at everyone that was so certain Nick Fury was in this set:

HAHAHA :laugh::grin:

I never really agreed with that "assumption" either, with the new Avengers film coming out and Nick Fury being a pivotal character in that film, why would TLG produce a comic book version and put him in a Spiderman set? :shrug_confused: