languages

Member Titles - Questions and Answers

What are the little titles below a user's picture? And how and when do/can you get them? Can you make them yourself?

There's a topic about this here. You could also use the handy search function before starting a new topic. :classic:

There's a topic about this here. You could also use the handy search function before starting a new topic. :classic:

Indeed. Merging....

Hello and Im pretty new here and seeing so many member/avatar titles like Klaus-Dieter's "4 Wide Kerffufler", I wonder how to make my own. Looking in the settings part in my profile at the avatar page brings me nowhere, can somebody help me :sweet: please?

Hello and Im pretty new here and seeing so many member/avatar titles like Klaus-Dieter's "4 Wide Kerffufler", I wonder how to make my own. Looking in the settings part in my profile at the avatar page brings me nowhere, can somebody help me :sweet: please?

As explained in the Titles Q&A topic you can't set one yourself. (and I guess this post will look rather silly once this topic is merged into that one :wink:)

It's a combination of posts and time. How often people come to us during a period of time, this kind of thing.

What about those icons or sub-title stuff? Like a flag (country) and many others. I'm a MOC-er and minifig collector, but haven't seen any of my work result into anything that could give me such thing(s). I know I should not be asking for it, but I'm just wondering... what are my options please?

What about those icons or sub-title stuff? Like a flag (country) and many others. I'm a MOC-er and minifig collector, but haven't seen any of my work result into anything that could give me such thing(s). I know I should not be asking for it, but I'm just wondering... what are my options please?

Country flags are for Staff and Fellows only and concerning other tags, I can only quote the Walrus on that:

customs_tag.gifStarWarsWinner.pngmoc_tag.giffbg.gifSL.pngmaf.gifspacetag.jpgstarwars.png

These are examples of special tags. For the most part these are given by staff to members where appropriate... but please don't feel too offended if your accomplishments are missed for a time. Normal members are limited to a total of 4 tags. Fellows may, under certain circumstances, be allowed 6. There is no limit for staff. Remember: Tags are a privilege, not a right, so don't take it too seriously. We'll do our best to be fair and provide a fun experience for you, just don't make it a hassle or we won't be so inclined.

Rick said it perfectly, but let me add, that as soon as you stop worrying about titles and tags and just start having fun, contributing to the site (not saying your not), and just being a fun member to be around, that's when you'll wake up one day to a tag or title. Or piss off a staff member and get an embarrassing title, it's a double edged sword.

Bottom line, have fun and don't worry about it.

Don't mean to bump... but...

I came to this topic to see what a title was and how to get one...

...I'm leaving this topic scared. :tongue:

So instead of reading the topic you posted?

You're question is answered numerous times over in this thread. :hmpf_bad:

So instead of reading the topic you posted?

You're question is answered numerous times over in this thread. :hmpf_bad:

I did read, I'm afraid you have misunderstood me. I came here and found my answer but also learned about the chamber and what will happen if I were to request one. Learning more about Eurobricks every day. I suppose it was a little inappropriate to bump the topic, however, and that I understand.

Edit: Fixed a small grammatical issue.

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

I came here and found my answer but also learned about the chamber and what will happen if I were to request one. Learning more about Eurobricks every day. I suppose it was a little inappropriate to bump the topic, however, and that I understand.

And yet you bumped it anyway without adding anything to the thread in a form of a question, or something to discuss, just a statement. :hmpf_bad: Besides that you commented "Don't mean to bump,...but" But what? You did mean to bump it and you did.

And yet you bumped it anyway without adding anything to the thread in a form of a question, or something to discuss, just a statement. :hmpf_bad: Besides that you commented "Don't mean to bump,...but" But what? You did mean to bump it and you did.

:sceptic: I can't argue with what your saying, but I honestly didn't know that I shouldn't bump a topic if I just want to say something. I don't leave the Action Figures forum much. Once again, I apologize for bumping the topic randomly, I'll try not to do it again. I've seen bumps in other forums that don't necessarily ask a question or start a discussion, so I figured it was alright.

...Get a Member Title?

Is it awarded? Do you have to be in a high rank group?

I don't, so I hope some one else does?

Thanks, Legofin.

From the Eurobricks FAQ member profile:

gallery_8966_241_1060.pngWhat is the short caption under a member’s avatar?

Just like tags, personalised titles are awarded to chosen members for noteworthy contributions. Please don’t ask for one, they are given at Staff’s discretion.

Ah, thanks CopMike for the answer, and the quick response!

This topic made me want to do something unique and special, to get one! But for now I think I'll just have to keep on MOCing!

This topic made me want to do something unique and special, to get one!

That is not going work,because a title is given by staff at there discretion.

Saying you want one is going to do the opposite.

That is not going work,because a title is given by staff at there discretion.

Saying you want one is going to do the opposite.

What's "not going to work"?

I think he thinks you meant you were going to ask for a title, which he was saying that "will not work/has negative effect". Seems like most tags on newer members are given through a Mafia game, super dedication to a specific topic or discussion, becoming well known through the forum, etc. Most of us will remain titless though... Good luck :tongue::classic:

I agree with the people who are saying "Have fun." Enjoy yourself on the forum, be thoughtful and contribute and someday you'll get a title. I'm title-less, but I'm just having fun conversing on favorite topics and browsing for new ones! I think EB is awesome, not because of rank ascension, but for the content.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Ah nice title, BW2013 MEGA Creation "Winner". Little weird. Rather not have a title I didn't actually earn and only a handful of people will get it.

Edited by Rook

Ok I have read all 29 pages of this topic and have just one question: Can I have a title? :sarcasm::classic:

On a less sarcastic note:Can you have more than one title or is one the max?

Edited by LegoDrake