eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

Six more packs today, three of which containing missing minifigs: Lizard Man, Lumberjack and Fitness Instructor.

Three more (Gladiator, Gangster, Snowboarder) to go.

I just can't find that damn Gladiator :(

I envy you, ACWW.

It's so easy to feel. He has that round parma shield and that unique headgear... you really can't miss it.

Maybe I should just get those three on Ebay. I already have spent a ton of money for series 5, and furthermore I still have a 6th series to complete.

Ok, it's official. This series is trolling me.

I bought eight more packs today, in which I managed to find two (gangster and snowboarder) out three missing. Guess who remains? Exactly, him...the gladiator. :hmpf_bad: He's my nightmare.

And then three ice fishermen in a row? But WTF!

I-i-impossible!

Ten more packs today and still no gladiators. :cry_sad:

I am very confused - are you continually buying online and opening all the packages? Why don't you feel for a gladiator at the store?

Edited by Edmond Dantes

I am very confused - are you continually buying online and opening all the packages? Why don't you feel for a gladiator at the store?

I tried, but that was worse: once I confound the gladiator's helmet with the ice fisherman's hood, another with evil dwarf's headwear. I'm retarded in feeling minifigures with fingers, really.

I just keep on hoping in luck, purchasing them by the store.

I tried, but that was worse: once I confound the gladiator's helmet with the ice fisherman's hood, another with evil dwarf's headwear. I'm retarded in feeling minifigures with fingers, really.

I just keep on hoping in luck, purchasing them by the store.

Why not just purchase a gladiator directly from Bricklink? You could get several of them for the price of ten unsuccessful attempts.

Found these today for $1.50 each. Grabbed four of them, I was able to get the Gladiator, Boxer, Zookeeper and Snowboarder. Going to go back later and try to do the feel test for the Lizard guy and the Gangster. Might try for the clown and Graduate as well. I'm terrible at the feel method though.

Grabbed four of them, I was able to get the Gladiator

You: a gladiator among four packs.

Me: no gladiators in almost a hundred of packs.

Why this? WHY?

(since my last post I bought ten more packs, and still no glads)

Edited by Lucanik-san

Went back on my break and grabbed 4 more. I think I'm getting better at the feel method because I was able to pick these four out and determine what they are. I think the Lizard guy is my favorite minifig of all time except of course for Superman.

f6d6122b.jpg

Edited by Super Goblin

Why this? WHY?

It could be that someone is army building in your area or an ebay or BL member. Except for the evil dwarf(I have a small "army" of 5), i don't do that. And as far as the dwarfs, 3 or 4 were when they were in the discount lane with the rest of the figures selling very slowly

Why this? WHY?

Can you at least use those other 100 minifigs? If you are specifically after Gladiators you'd have been way better off buying a few on Bricklink. For the price of 100 random packs you could have bought 50-80 brand new Gladiators.

Just found another Gladiator. He's actually the easiest to spot because of his helmet. I also grabbed the detective. The gangster is proven to be difficult to find though.

If you are specifically after Gladiators you'd have been way better off buying a few on Bricklink. For the price of 100 random packs you could have bought 50-80 brand new Gladiators.

With the wisdom of hindsight...

How could I imagine a hunt SO hard?

The gangster is proven to be difficult to find though.

Funny. I found four of them, each completely random without feeling anything.

If that is difficult, to find the gladiator is impossible, lol.

Just found another Gladiator. He's actually the easiest to spot because of his helmet. I also grabbed the detective. The gangster is proven to be difficult to find though.

Not really. Both the violin case and the hat are easy to feel for. Series 5 doesn't really have any particularly hard to identify figures. The Monster from Series 4 was a bit hard as it has only one give-away piece and it's lucky we still had barcodes on Series 1 because the Super Wrestler doesn't have any identifying pieces whatsoever. By feel you could only find him through the lack of headgear and accessories.

Oh, I didn't mean the gangster was hard to identify. I meant I haven't had any luck finding him yet. I felt up about 50 packages yesterday and none were the gangster. They have about 100 more so I'm going back tomorrow to check again.

Okay, I surrender.

With the last three of this morning (5th gangster, 5th boxer, 6th royal guard) my store ran out of series 5 packs. Obviously the gladiator is still missing, despite a total of more than one hundred attempts.

Ebay, I'm coming!

Sorry for the double post. I went back today and got 2x Gangster, another Gladiator putting me at 4, Cleopatra, 3 more Lizard guys, Lumberjack and the guard. The only one left that I want is the ice fisherman.