legobodgers

TSATS - Steampunk shark submersible

When I first saw the competition and read that it had to be to do with water, my mind immediately jumped to a steampunk shark submarine. default_wacko.gif

I had a lot of fun building it and trying to fit in as many moving parts as possible, I am quite pleased with the result. I think that in the steampunk world, this sub would be a scavenger, hunting down other crippled submarines, eating them and using the parts.

Anyway, enough of me rambling, here is the model.

6863933900_6854b40d5d_z.jpg

7010045611_369604baff_z.jpg

6863930336_11b1c09373_z.jpg

6863935738_274a71c85c.jpg

7010050209_3b961fc6be_z.jpg

The video will give a good idea of the functions of it. Good luck to all of the other contestants, the models are excellent. I would love some constructive criticism so please take the time to comment.

Looks very nice, and you've done a good job packing the motorised functions in - I didn't notice at first.

Neat idea.

Thank you, I still don't know why that was what I thought of when I saw the competition page.

Looks very nice, and you've done a good job packing the motorised functions in - I didn't notice at first.

Thanks, I pretty much built the tail first and then added more and more moving parts until the motor was under too much strain. default_laugh_new.gif

@ Legobodgers: I don't think we have seen a Technic Steampunk Shark on this forum before! :thumbup: If you can, don't take it apart -- children (and adults) would enjoy seeing it operate at a Lego exhibition! I am studying your pictures on your Flickr photostream more closely to appreciate its details (click on the picture to enlarge full-size):

7010041729_76a268f12d_c.jpg

Great Creation and the steampunk version makes it a lot more fun. :thumbup: I wanted to build a great white from Technic doing the same things. Unfortunately I do not have enough time to build.

Constructive criticism? I don't have any criticism! :laugh:

Maybe some fins on each side to make it more shark like, but other than that, fantastic job! :thumbup:

When I first saw the competition and read that it had to be to do with water, my mind immediately jumped to a steampunk shark submarine.

What could be more obvious? :wink:

This is awesome! I so wish TLG would make official sets like this (technic animals) - 4958 was unfortunately a rare exception.

It's simply awesome and funny. I like its design with lots of gears and its motion. I agree with prateek that you could add one fin on each side to make it more fish-like.

Constructive criticism? I don't have any criticism! :laugh:

Maybe some fins on each side to make it more shark like, but other than that, fantastic job! :thumbup:

That is a very good idea, I will probably add some in the near future. I don't think I will have time to take all of the pictures again but I will take one or two when I have finished them.

This is super cool and totally unique! The motion reminds me somewhat of the dinosaur in 8485. The general construction reminds me of something I saw at BrickCon, although it had no moving parts (picture too big to post, so follow the link).

I would love some constructive criticism so please take the time to comment.

First of all, nice build and really creative.

Second, i came up with one thing. Not to much, because i'm also a contestant in this challenge :laugh::wink:

I think you should switch the jaw, so that the bottom jaw opens, instead of where the guy sits. He must be having a bumpy ride...

Second, i came up with one thing. Not to much, because i'm also a contestant in this challenge :laugh::wink:

I think you should switch the jaw, so that the bottom jaw opens, instead of where the guy sits. He must be having a bumpy ride...

I agree, or move the seat for the poor pilot! :D great job tho!

I realised that I was about to finish it. To change it would require building most of it back up from scratch. Also we did a couple of tests and it actually looks better when the top jaw opens because it is more visible.