WhiteFang

REVIEW: 8831 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7

On a scale of 1 to 5  

279 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 7?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

4. 4. Are you looking forward to the new images of the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 8?

• Yes, I can't wait to see the new official designs!
    • Maybe a little bit interested but not really that interested...
    • No, I am getting bored of this theme!

This is great, thanks for the review.

So the black knight has a plain black torso underneath. Wellwell, I love him anyway. Still weird though, in comparison to the space marine, who has a detailled torso under his armour.

It is good to get a historical brown female torso, this will make good female elves.

I also like the bride better than the one before, I shall get one and put it on top of my wedding cake. I would like a black knight as groom defending her against a hungarian horntail dragon, but my soon to be wife forbids it. She says it ruins the cake or something.

It's hard to find comething to criticise, but being a good German I found something. The bagpipe does not look like lego anymore, it's realistic shape makes it look like something else.

Edit: I also like that the print on the aztec's shield is a bird from above!!

Edited by Wardancer

Right now, I think S7 is on a par with S4 as being the best series. While it has a better assortment of figures, I'm disturbed by the distribution. All of a sudden the rabbit (which if I'm honest I'm a bit disappointed by, but I called it from the beginning) is going to become more expensive and "desirable".

But I will definitely be keeping an eye out for these when they come out. The Nerd, Hippie, "Grandma Visitor" and even the Valkyrie will be on my hitlist.

Another great review Fangy! I must admit that I quite like lots of the minifigures in this series and will be getting quite a few of them. Though my favorite has to be the space marine. :sweet:

GREAT review Whitefang! This might be my favorite series yet! The space enforcer, Aztec warrior, and daredevil might be my favorites. Two great reversible faces, though. A new record for a series! I can't wait to pick these up!

It is the first time a whole Serie please to me ! Every minifig is well done. Diversity of the minifigures types, details in the paintings, and accessories are all wisely chosen. In every previous Serie, there was some minifigs I wasn't enthusiast for. It's not the case here :thumbup:

I hope Lego will allow us to buy more than 16 of them on the Shop at Home, because I always miss some of the ones I want.

My standing ovation is for the Galaxy Patrol that's totally amazing ! The bagpiper is excellent too.

Wow, thanks for the great review of this series of minifigs. I fell in love with the collectable series when I first encountered them, and I think I might have to pick up a case of these when they come out. :classic:

Series 7 is looking better and better. My initial "have to get" list is 9 minifigures, more than in any previous series I think.

One question though: is there any backprinting in the swimmer's torso? I suppose there's a number, otherwise it could maybe be used for a black dress.

Another awesome review, Fangy. Seeing all the individual pieces, I'm liking a few of them even more than before. The swimmer having a double sided head really makes her a better fig overall. I love the bunny tail as well. I'm glad Lego is so great about such little details.

Great review! This series seems very exciting! Nice to see that the Galaxy Patrol fig has two expressions, one with visor and one without.

Two things I feel I ought to mention, both regarding the "Grandma Visitor". First of all, her short cape does appear elsewhere-- specifically, it comes in black on the Lloyd Garmadon figure from LEGO Ninjago and in earth blue (Bricklink's Dark Blue) on the CW version of the Barris Offee minifigure from Star Wars. It's still brand-new in bright red.

Her bag is indeed new, but this is not the only place it appears. It's included in a few Friends sets. It appears in bright purple (Bricklink's Dark Pink) in 3183 Stephanie's Cool Convertible, in flame yellowish orange (Bricklink's Bright Light Orange) and 3939 Mia's Bedroom (a summer set), and in bright yellow in 3184 Adventure Camper (another summer set). I might be mistaken on the colors in the summer sets (they could both be the same color), but in any event there's a lot of variety of colors for that handbag (though this one is more subdued than any of the others).

Thanks again for this review!

This looks amazing. Great review, Whitefang.

Can the Space Marine's fit a standard visor, and if so, would you take a picture? Also, would you take a pic of the Space Marine armor on the Space-girl?

Edited by LEGOman273

The space marine helmet is the same one as on the S1 Spaceman, S3 Space Villain, S6 Intergalactic Girl and Alien Conquest ADU figures and yes it can take a standard helmet visor.

This is the first time that particular helmet has appeared in Dark Blue though.

The space marine helmet is the same one as on the S1 Spaceman, S3 Space Villain, S6 Intergalactic Girl and Alien Conquest ADU figures and yes it can take a standard helmet visor.

WOW. :oh3::wub:

Am I ever jealous! That is an awesome series right there! I'm going to HAVE to pick it up.

Also, uh.. how did you get it?

-Sci

WhiteFang, my dear fellow! You've done it again, sir! :cry_happy:

Another marvellous review of another marvellous minigig series! You've proved once again that you're indeed one of the best reviewers around! I can't wait to get my hands on those new figs! :thumbup:

So many new Bat-characters! ) :wub:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Thank you very much. I have been reading your thoughts and it is truly encouraging to see many positive notes on this upcoming incredible series which many of us are now fond of. It is challenging to bring all of the past reviews and minifigures together and it was easy feat. So, your comments and thoughts are truly appreciative on my end.

As for ones who asked for the dates of the official releases based on your regions, I do not have those with me, but I am inclined to think with effect of 1st April 2012, you might watch out for some releases here and there and as in Singapore's case, it is likely to be in May 2012. So, take that as a rough gauge. Likely to see US and Europe regions being the first few areas to have the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7 and I am actually still hunting for my Series 6 and it is still not enough. :laugh:

Great review! I think your photos are even better this time then last time and thanks for comparing with similar/pair figs.

Thank you darkdragon! I am glad you enjoyed the new photos!

I wonder how suitable the Valkyrie's hair\helmet will be for old Wikings, especially this one:

3626bpb236.gif

I am sure it will be quite fitting. The new Valkyrie hairpiece is very impressive.

I always thought this head would work as Jim Raynor's, but it's pretty similar anyway.

I agreed that the new Galaxy Patrol's head is much fitting for Starcraft (Terran), Jim Raynor.

Great review as always Fangy :sweet:. There are lots of awesome figs in this series that I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on :wub:. But they are coming out too fast, I'm lagging behind in my vig building :sing:

Don't lag behind! I do understand how tiring it can be especially with many close releases. It was just only 3 months ago since I had done the Series 6 review. :laugh:

Whitefang you are indeed the best.

Really.

I was waiting desperately for this.

THANKS deeply from the bottom of my heart.

No kidding. You telling me there are 5 evil knights per box... you just made my day sir.

Thank you Itaria No Shintaku. I am glad this review had made your day especially when I noticed your questions and anticipation in the EB Series 7 discussion. I hope this review had solved many of it and least you could sit back and wait for the official releases.

One question though: is there any backprinting in the swimmer's torso? I suppose there's a number, otherwise it could maybe be used for a black dress.

Nope. There is no back-printing. I will normally highlight any of the new minifigs' torsos especially if there is a new back-printing.

Another awesome review, Fangy. Seeing all the individual pieces, I'm liking a few of them even more than before. The swimmer having a double sided head really makes her a better fig overall. I love the bunny tail as well. I'm glad Lego is so great about such little details.

I like the new swimmer too. After seeing the actual real one, I no longer dislike it. There are many impressive small details in this series.

Two things I feel I ought to mention, both regarding the "Grandma Visitor". First of all, her short cape does appear elsewhere-- specifically, it comes in black on the Lloyd Garmadon figure from LEGO Ninjago and in earth blue (Bricklink's Dark Blue) on the CW version of the Barris Offee minifigure from Star Wars. It's still brand-new in bright red.

Thanks for highlighting it here. I didn't notice Lloyd's black robe too. Actually I forget he is with the short legs. So, is Barris. I didn't know that was in this version as well.

Her bag is indeed new, but this is not the only place it appears. It's included in a few Friends sets. It appears in bright purple (Bricklink's Dark Pink) in 3183 Stephanie's Cool Convertible, in flame yellowish orange (Bricklink's Bright Light Orange) and 3939 Mia's Bedroom (a summer set), and in bright yellow in 3184 Adventure Camper (another summer set). I might be mistaken on the colors in the summer sets (they could both be the same color), but in any event there's a lot of variety of colors for that handbag (though this one is more subdued than any of the others).

I didn't notice the new parts from the Friends theme. I ought to take a look at the parts in details. Thanks for letting me know.

Can the Space Marine's fit a standard visor, and if so, would you take a picture? Also, would you take a pic of the Space Marine armor on the Space-girl?

NO, the Space Marine visor does not allow to fit on a standard visor. I will try to see if I can the picture of that. No promises.

I repeat myself again. NO, this helmet is brand new piece and it is not the same as the one mentioned above. It is completely new!

Also, uh.. how did you get it?

From TLG.

WhiteFang, my dear fellow! You've done it again, sir! :cry_happy:

Another marvellous review of another marvellous minigig series! You've proved once again that you're indeed one of the best reviewers around! I can't wait to get my hands on those new figs! :thumbup:

So many new Bat-characters! ) :wub:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I am looking forward to see you picking those up and modify it into your Batman characters! Thank you for your kind words!

Great review WhiteFang!

This is probably my favourite theme, the only thing that could make it better would be to replace the hippie with a new spartan.

Quick question, does the bagpipe fit on a mini figs head? Looks like it might, all though it serves no particular use, it would be funny.

Thanks for this great review, as always, Whitefang! Nice pictures, nice despricptions, I cant' wait to put my hand on this wonderful 7th serie.

I agree that all the minifigs look appealing, unique and desirable. Even the tennisman is great, eve if he is the less exottic one for me (I love the hairepiece, I will be able to make me in minifig version!)

This serie looks really detailed, in term of accessories and printing, and it is more acurate when you compare with the first serie.

The rockstar girl really remind me of this anime, Jem: Jem-Returns-To-TV.jpg

Very good Job TLC for this serie and Whitfang for this review!

This is seriously the best series ever! Not because it's the latest one... I just can't compare my emotion for this series with my emotion for all the previous ones. :thumbup: seriously

Great review, Whitefang! :classic:

I am really digging most of those figures, they are pretty incredible compared to Series 1!

Once I get my hands on some Series 6 figures I'll have to get some of these too :classic:

I'm jealous of your huge Collectable Minifigure collection :tongue:

Wow, these just keep getting better and better. Thanks for the review, Fangy! :sweet: Seeing all seven series, all 112 minifigures in one picture is pretty impressive. And also seeing the amount of unique female figs in the last few years is definitely a benchmark for Lego.

Exceptional CMF review like always, 'WhiteFang'. :sweet:

This one is probably my new favorite series, right ahead of Series 4.

So this is going to be released on April 1st? Yay! :classic:

Edited by just2good

Thanks for the review WhiteFang! I am really looking forward to this series. My favorite is the Ocean King :wub:. Just a quick question, though. Besides the Grandma Visitor's basket, were there any other rubbery or soft plastic pieces?

Thank you for another great review. I agree with the several others who have said that this might just be the best series yet - it's got great figures if you just leave them as they are, but as parts packs they're fantastic too. So many great faces, torsos, hairpieces and accessories!