L@go

MOC/MOD: Fifteen New Vehicles!

I love your cars, the Tine truck, mail van and world rally car are my favorites, but all of the vehicles are extremely cool.

Your last vehicles, the Venom GT-E's scream Flåklypa Grand Prix to me for some reason, any chance we will ever see those vehicles in minifigure scale?

Thanks again! As I said, it's very inspiring to get so much input.

(And I guess now we know what two vehicles you'll be modernizing next :classic: )

I don't follow you... I don't know myself which ones I'll choose - or at least I didn't when I first read your post. Now I've got some ideas. But what vehicles were you thinking of?

The Blue Fury is just pure win! :laugh:

Although I would try to swap the pins that hold the wheels to one color, or see if you can hide them somehow.

I like some others really like the blue fury, probably because I own the original and loved it then. Its a very good smaller scale version.

Thank you - I'm very happy with that one. Regarding those pins - they don't concern me very much, but I do agree that using a light bluish grey version of the 2x2 plate with wheel holders and Technic pins would probably be better than the black one. I'll get one with my next BL order :)

Your last vehicles, the Venom GT-E's scream Flåklypa Grand Prix to me for some reason, any chance we will ever see those vehicles in minifigure scale?

Hahah! For those of you who are now wondering 'what on earth is he on about', have a look here (Wikipedia) or here (IMDB) - or even here to buy the DVD (if you're interested in cars, it'll be worth it. The models are astonishing). It's a Norwegian stop-motion puppet movie from 1975, called 'Pinchcliffe Grand Prix' in English, and it's a cult classic here in Norway. I'm guessing from your user name, fyrmedhatt, that you're from these shores :)

As for your question: Trust me, I've thought about it. But the real star of the movie, Il Tempo Gigante, is so insanely detailed that I don't know how I could have made it work on the scale I'm used to... If you do a Google search for Il Tempo Gigante and Lego you'll find some other people's attempts, but they don't do it justice. I suspect DrNightmare could probably do quite a nice eight-wide one, though!

(Side note: I was lucky enough to sit in the full-scale replica last year, and hear it fire up. It's mental. Absolutely mental.)

Hahah! For those of you who are now wondering 'what on earth is he on about', have a look here (Wikipedia) or here (IMDB) - or even here to buy the DVD (if you're interested in cars, it'll be worth it. The models are astonishing). It's a Norwegian stop-motion puppet movie from 1975, called 'Pinchcliffe Grand Prix' in English, and it's a cult classic here in Norway. I'm guessing from your user name, fyrmedhatt, that you're from these shores :)

As for your question: Trust me, I've thought about it. But the real star of the movie, Il Tempo Gigante, is so insanely detailed that I don't know how I could have made it work on the scale I'm used to... If you do a Google search for Il Tempo Gigante and Lego you'll find some other people's attempts, but they don't do it justice. I suspect DrNightmare could probably do quite a nice eight-wide one, though!

(Side note: I was lucky enough to sit in the full-scale replica last year, and hear it fire up. It's mental. Absolutely mental.)

^Lucky bastard :p

Sorry for going all Norwegian and not introducing the movie to the non-Norwegians out there, I probably should have spent some time doing so...

I'm a Norwegian studying in university in the US, you are correct. Pinchcliffe Grand Prix was one of my favorites growing up, so when I saw your models and that you were Norwegian, I just had to ask...

I agree that doing the Il Tempo Gigante in six-wide would be nearly impossible, but I'd love to see it in a larger scale, it would be such an epic model!

I'll add another picture to this thread - but let me just address a couple of replies first:

Another great work L@go! :thumbup:

The milk truck and the post van are lovely! :wub:

It would be great find them on a Lego catalogue... :wink:

Thanks - they might not get into a catalogue anytime soon, but I was really honoured to be asked for permission to add an image of the Milk Truck to the LEGO Designer Trend Wall! According to the group description on Flickr, "This group is for LEGO Models picked out from Flickr by some of the LEGO Designers to be printed out and displayed on the 'Trend Wall' inside the LEGO Design Studio for the rest." And, "Chosen MOCs will be displayed in the studio for between one week and one month."

How cool is that, knowing that a MOC of mine is hanging on the wall in the LEGO design studio? :D

That blue crane truck and van you posted :) (1489 and 6661)

Ah! No, I have no plans for those - I've been considering 6661, but I'm not too keen on the antenna, so I'll look elsewhere for inspiration :)

Let me just add another image (or two, actually) of the Milk Truck and the modern 6651. I've always been fascinated with 3D photography, and when I stumbled across some photos that created the 3D effect by using the cross-eyes technique, I suddenly realised it didn't need to be so difficult to pull off some basic shots. Here's my first attempt - I'm astonished that this actually works:

6873221990_6574982449_c.jpg

It's even better if you download the large version and save it to your harddisk, and then look at it in the largest resolution that will fit on your computer screen.

And if you just don't get it (hey, don't worry, it's perfectly normal), there's a very quick explanation here :)

Edited by L@go

Congrats on one of models been chosen for their wall......so in a few years time we see a milk truck come out as a set we'll know where the inspiration came from ! :sweet:

Brick On Truck On 'L@go' ! :classic:

Congrats, well deserved! :thumbup: So I wasn't totally wrong with my fav list. :classic: