Bricksandparts

Heroica RPG - Quest#25: Imbuing the Sword

"Do you have proof? The mainest reason for having me here is to make sure nobody's gonna come and try to disrupt official matters. Is there somebody that you'd like to see here at the facility?"

default_hmpf.gif

Why else do you think we want to see the officials? To tell them how beautiful the flowers smell?

Of course we want to tell them about the quest, they most likely have heard of it. However, we wanted to gain permission from them for certain "things". Now, would you please stand aside so we may go in?

If not, well, let's just say a certain person with a cannon has a rather itchy trigger finger.....

"Oh, you're the ones from this Heroica I keep on hearing about? Well I still need authorization just to be sure. Ok, follow me."

The guard opens the door and leads the party to the second floor. He leads them to a room where a man with particularly red hair is at a desk.

Informationcenterinside2.jpg

"Professor Hunu? Your friends from Heroica are here."

The professor looks up from his work and smiles to the group.

"I see you managed to arrive on time! So, I supose you have questions? I begged them to send another person to explain your objective, but they ended up sending Regulannos... He never can get points across. So, what do you need help with?"

"I see you managed to arrive on time! So, I supose you have questions? I begged them to send another person to explain your objective, but they ended up sending Regulannos... He never can get points across. So, what do you need help with?"

"Good day to you Professor. Well, I would not place the blame fully on Refulannos, although he was quick to send us away. My companions and I have a few questions about the materials we are to collect for the sword. Firstly, could you mark on the map where we can acquire which items. Secondly, if items are to be bought out right, how much gold is the guild fronting for this errand? And, finally, for the last of my questions at least, what purpose drove you to summon a demon?"

"Well, I'll show you where you can hopefully aqquire these items."

He shows the party the general location of the items on the map. (It's basically the same thing the party was told by Jobe)

"I could probably get you 150 gold?"

The professor gets up and looks in some boxes and pulls out a chest, opens it, and takes out 150 gold coins.

"If you need more, come back and I'll see what you have accomplished. Oh, you may want these."

He walks over to the boxes and takes 5 strange looking bottles with markings on the sides.

"These will get you in and out of the city, you need passport to travel in and out."

Party Leader, How will the items be distributed?

heroica-sixcoins.jpgGold Coin(s)(150)

canteenpassport.jpgCanteen Passport - allows up to 3 passes into or out of the city. The price without the passport is 20 coins/person. costs 10 gold. X5

"Thank you, Olinn!" Tomas says as he puts the gold and the pass in his bag.

"Many thanks," Hoke said as he slid the coins into his belt pouch.

He held the passport up and flipped it around, just to see what it looks like. He added that to the coins.

"What is our course from here? Do we first purchase the materials available in the market and return them here?" Hoke asked the group.

"Professor, is there anything of importance that we should now before we leave?"

"Many thanks," Hoke said as he slid the coins into his belt pouch.

"Professor, is there anything of importance that we should now before we leave?"

"Hmm... We do believe there will be trouble in getting some of the items, particularly the demon blood and fangs. Other than that, you should know that the shops at the market-place will try to steal business from one another."

"Hmm... We do believe there will be trouble in getting some of the items, particularly the demon blood and fangs. Other than that, you should know that the shops at the market-place will try to steal business from one another."

Hmm, so shopping around for the same item may be worth our time and money....

Hmm, so shopping around for the same item may be worth our time and money....

"Right, and with a competitive market, we may be able to haggle the prices down significantly."

"So, uh... we should go to the m-market now, then?"

"Yes, I think going to the market would be best." Tomas answers with a smile.

The party heads to the Market-place.

There are three main shops spread out, each trying to steal business from the others.

market-placepic1.jpg

Hobs' Shop and deals

Deals (Expires at end of day):

*Buy 3 get the 4th of the same item free!

*Buy 7 get the 8th,9th, and 10th of the same item free!

*Buy 3 potions/tonics or 2 Grand potions/ Grand tonics and get a discount of up to 10 coins on another single purchase!

For sale:

heroica-potion.jpgPotion – Restores 10 health to the target. Costs 8 gold.

heroica-tonic.jpgTonic – Restores 5 ether to the target. Costs 20 gold.

heroica-grandpotion.jpgGrand Potion – Restores 25 health to the target. Costs 12 gold.

heroica-grandtonic.jpgGrand Tonic – Restores 15 ether to the target. Costs 34 gold.

heroica-remedy.jpgRemedy – Removes all negative effects from the target during a battle. Costs 10 gold.

heroica-mead.jpgMead - Causes the encouraged-effect, doubling the target's attack power for the duration of one battle. Costs 10 gold.

heroica-smellingsalts.jpgSmelling Salts - Causes the hastened-effect, allowing the target to act twice in one round for the duration of one battle. Costs 20 gold.

heroica-nostrum.jpgNostrum - Causes the lucky-effect, allowing the target to roll the battle die twice and get the better result of the two for the duration of one battle. Costs 20 gold.

Whiskey.jpgWhiskey - Gives consumer Drunk effect making them unafraid of any opponent and causing a hit to all opponents. Costs 30 gold.

Ale.jpgAle - Makes an enemy catch on fire if a fire spell is cast upon them, causing the Caught On fire effect making them lose health N+1 each round. (1 damage first round, 2 damage second round, 3 damage 3rd round, etc.)Costs 25 gold.

AdrarenadRum.jpgAdrarenad Rum - A very bitter Rum that causes the Blinded effect to the opponent it is used on. Costs 15 gold.

WizardRum.jpgWizard Rum - A wizard's favorite Rum. Costs 40 gold.

Magebooster.jpgMage booster - Makes all elemental effects that don't effect an enemy cause regular damage. (consumable) costs 25 gold.

VoodooChalice.jpgVoodoo Chalice - Allows hero to control an opponent for one turn. (Uses heroes turn) Costs 45 gold.

heroica-crystalchalice.jpgCrystal Chalice (70 Gold Coins sold at shop) costs 85 gold.

canteenpassport.jpgCanteen Passport - allows up to 3 passes into or out of the city. The price without the passport is 20 coins/person. costs 10 gold.

market-placepic3.jpg

Patrizi's Wares

For sale:

heroica-potion.jpgPotion – Restores 10 health to the target. Costs 4 gold.

heroica-tonic.jpgTonic – Restores 5 ether to the target. Costs 12 gold.

heroica-grandpotion.jpgGrand Potion – Restores 25 health to the target. Costs 8 gold.

heroica-grandtonic.jpgGrand Tonic – Restores 15 ether to the target. Costs 24 gold.

heroica-remedy.jpgRemedy – Removes all negative effects from the target during a battle. Costs 8 gold.

heroica-mead.jpgMead - Causes the encouraged-effect, doubling the target's attack power for the duration of one battle. Costs 10 gold.

heroica-smellingsalts.jpgSmelling Salts - Causes the hastened-effect, allowing the target to act twice in one round for the duration of one battle. Costs 15 gold.

heroica-nostrum.jpgNostrum - Causes the lucky-effect, allowing the target to roll the battle die twice and get the better result of the two for the duration of one battle. Costs 15 gold.

heroica-bedroll.jpgBedroll – Allows the hero to rest and regain health in a safe place. Costs 5 gold.

heroica-shovel.jpgShovel – Allows the hero to dig the ground in search of a treasure. Costs 10 gold.

heroica-pickaxe.jpgPickaxe – Allows the hero to dig through a breakable wall or obstacle. Costs 20 gold.

heroica-magnifyingglass.jpgMagnifying Glass - Allows the hero to see trap triggers. Costs 30 gold.

heroica-telescope.jpgTelescope – Allows the hero to see far. Costs 40 gold.

heroica-magiccompass.jpgMagic Compass - Allows the hero to know the right direction. Costs 50 gold.

market-placepic2.jpg

Joey's smith

Deals (Expires at end of day):

*Get 2 upgrades on one weapon and get the third upgrade free!

*Get 2 weapons and get the 3rd free!

*Get 4 upgrades on any weapon(s) and add the WP of the weapons and get a new weapon with that WP for 3 times the WP in gold!

For sale:

Fauxthril Axe (WP: 5, suitable for barbarians)

Fauxthril Club (WP: 5, suitable for barbarians)

Fauxthril Crossbow (WP: 5, ranged weapon, suitable for rangers)

Fauxthril Dagger (WP: 5, suitable for mages and rogues)

Fauxthril Greatsword (WP: 5, suitable for barbarians and knights)

Fauxthril Hammer (WP: 5, suitable for barbarians and clerics)

Fauxthril Hand Cannon (WP: 5, ranged weapon, suitable for rangers)

Fauxthril Lance (WP: 5, suitable for knights)

Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5, ranged weapon, suitable for rangers)

Fauxthril Longsword (WP: 5, suitable for knights and rogues)

Fauxthril Mace (WP: 5, suitable for clerics and knights)

Fauxthril Scythe (WP: 5, suitable for rogues)

Fauxthril Shield (SP: 5, protective equipment, suitable for knights)

Fauxthril Shuriken (WP: 5, ranged weapon, retrievable, suitable for rangers and rogues)

Fauxthril Spear (WP: 5, suitable for barbarians)

Fauxthril Staff (WP: 5, suitable for clerics and mages)

Fauxthril Wand (WP: 5, suitable for mages)

Fauxthril Whip (WP: 5, suitable for rogues)

Hmm, the prices for these nostrum are very tempting, however, we are here to pick up those items first.

Tis a bummer no one has Elixir, though of the items we need, they have: Wizard Rum, Mage Booster, VooDoo Chalice, Crystal Chalice.

Olinn, how should we split up the purchases so as to have the prices as low as possible, yet still purchase all we need?

QM Note: I forgot to mention, you have days in this quest. So the part that says the sales will expire at the end of the day, it is an in-game day. You probably figured this out already though.

Hmm, the prices for these nostrum are very tempting, however, we are here to pick up those items first.

Tis a bummer no one has Elixir, though of the items we need, they have: Wizard Rum, Mage Booster, VooDoo Chalice, Crystal Chalice.

Olinn, how should we split up the purchases so as to have the prices as low as possible, yet still purchase all we need?

"I personally believe we should pool the 150 we just got and divide the left overs again." Observed Sylph.

"Alternatively, we could each buy one item. Buying groceries should not be this hard. We have the shopping list, collectively, we have the money. Let's just re-pool those 150 gp that we just got and buy the things."

Edited by Dannylonglegs