wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Not me. As a yellowist, I would rather the hobbits had no printing than fleshy printing. I would only agree with you if the skin tone were yellow, but that isn't going to happen as this is a licensed range.

Amps

Yeah, I didn't consider that. I'm a yellowist too. :grin: I guess it is better...

Clearly supposed to be boots. The only figures I've seen with boot printing would have to be the older Avatar figures, and the collectible minifigs,

and now as for the latter which is mostly due to cheapness of the printing, while normal figures would cost more.

Hmm, that's what they're supposed to be, but I'm not seeing it very well...

Would it be much harder to have a small brown rectangle on the leg prints? If they're already printing clothing on the legs, I don't know why they can't do boots while they're at it.

I don't want anything too complex, no side leg printing or anything like Wonder Woman, but just a colour to break up dull colours like grey would be good.

Aagorn's legs are currently very annoying. I'll most likely swap them out for something from the Pirates of the Caribbean line.

:knight::pirate:

Edited by Philip Robin

Aagorn's legs are currently very annoying. I'll most likely swap them out for something from the Pirates of the Caribbean line.

:knight::pirate:

I'm sure a lot of that will be going on. Before LOTR, POTC has the most detailed minifigs. I, frankly, don't care about the boots. I'm just happy with the face and torso prints. :sweet:

I, frankly, don't care about the boots. I'm just happy with the face and torso prints. :sweet:

I completely agree. Boots are boots. New face and torso prints are :drool: .

pic1E08BFDA942862BC32AA39196C1E1A58.png

pic197C3DF037C506A57E6E8A8EC4872804.png

Wich ones are we waiting for now?

How about some pre-lims for this winter :laugh:

Like: Faramir, Eowyn, Witchking, Saroman, Elrond, Arwen, a couple of dwarves and Bilbo.

Hooray! Well, I have to say that these figures look fantastic, just as they did before.

So, I suppose that was all of them then? Now all I need to know about is the torso print under Theoden's armor and the figure's second expressions...

Other than that, I think we should be ready to start seeing the next wave's sets - unfortunately, that's probably gonna take another few months.

~ General Magma

Eomer looks awesome! And Theoden is just as good as before, and he looks really cool in that CGI pose! Yet, we still need to see the Moria goblins, and the Troll, if he gets put on the site at all. After they appear, all the figs will be on the site. I'm guessing that, if the goblins and troll appear at all, it won't be until the end of March, which means still two months before the sets are released. But hopefully, as others have said, we should start seeing prelim lists and pics before this first wave is on shelves.

How about some pre-lims for this winter :laugh:

Like: Faramir, Eowyn, Witchking, Saroman, Elrond, Arwen, a couple of dwarves and Bilbo.

Judging by past licenses and their movie tie ins, the winter sets will most likely just be straight up Hobbit.

-Omi

Probably so, would be great to see maybe one or two LOTR sets in. They may do it just to keep the interest level raised until a bigger wave. I'm just hoping more than anything!

I made a mistake of looking at the photos of the first wave on flickr during my lunchbreak. This is going to break the bank! Just wondering how many duplicate sets other people are thinking of buying for the purposes of army building?

I quite fancy a few trolls but that could get pricey real quick!

Edited by Vindice

Probably so, would be great to see maybe one or two LOTR sets in. They may do it just to keep the interest level raised until a bigger wave. I'm just hoping more than anything!

I made a mistake of looking at the photos of the first wave on flickr during my lunchbreak. This is going to break the bank! Just wondering how many duplicate sets other people are thinking of buying for the purposes of army building?

Check BL. It is likely cheaper than buying sets. Moria does have usefull pieces and 'Figs, though. :sceptic:

Just wondering how many duplicate sets other people are thinking of buying for the purposes of army building?

2-4 copies of Uruk-Hai Army along with the one Helm's Deep, but that's the only battle scene I want to build (for now), so that's it. Single minifigures are fine from BL (Legolas comes to mind). Hoping for a battle pack-ish set with some elves somewhere along the line.

Check BL. It is likely cheaper than buying sets. Moria does have usefull pieces and 'Figs, though. :sceptic:

I do really like that Moria set. If you get the usual buy 2 get 3rd free sales and pick up 3 of them you could always put the duplicate fellowship characters on ebay and probably end up with the mines and 3 trolls plus some extra minifigs for a reasonable price.

I did that with 6 of the hogwarts castles and ended up paying a small amount of money for six lego castles plus one full set of minifigs and a load of dementors.

I do really like that Moria set. If you get the usual buy 2 get 3rd free sales and pick up 3 of them you could always put the duplicate fellowship characters on ebay and probably end up with the mines and 3 trolls plus some extra minifigs for a reasonable price.

I did that with 6 of the hogwarts castles and ended up paying a small amount of money for six lego castles plus one full set of minifigs and a load of dementors.

The duplicate characters can be reused, too. They have great pieces. (Printed Dwarf helmet. :wub_drool: Highlander sword. :wub_drool:)

The duplicate characters can be reused, too. They have great pieces. (Printed Dwarf helmet. :wub_drool: Highlander sword. :wub_drool:)

Don't forget...

LEGOLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub::grin::wub_drool:

Edited by Philip Robin

So, I know I was the last to post on this thread, but it's been quite inactive, so...

Don't get me wrong, I love the cave troll in Moria, but does anyone else find it a bit odd that TLG felt the need to add a shirt to the troll? The tan block on its chest kinda bugs me. If you watch the film, the troll is quote clearly naked.

Oh, well. I can still live with it! :grin:

So, I know I was the last to post on this thread, but it's been quite inactive, so...

Don't get me wrong, I love the cave troll in Moria, but does anyone else find it a bit odd that TLG felt the need to add a shirt to the troll? The tan block on its chest kinda bugs me. If you watch the film, the troll is quote clearly naked.

Oh, well. I can still live with it! :grin:

Its supposed to be a different shade of skin, like how the new lego dinosaurs are darker on top but have a lighter skin colour underneath.

Its supposed to be a different shade of skin, like how the new lego dinosaurs are darker on top but have a lighter skin colour underneath.

Ooooh. I still think it looks too drastic, though... :sceptic:

Edited by Philip Robin

Now that you show the actual bigature, it looks very accurate. Odd how I never noticed that tan belly in the film, sorry for being pessimistic. :sceptic:

In your defence the lighting in the scene is very dull, and the action fast-paced. I'm not that surprised you didn't notice by watching the film. Similarly I didn't realise it was blue before, I thought it was slimy green/grey.

I don't think the trolls belly is too drastic. It looks as it should.

Have we seen the final version yet? I do think the printing there should be broken up a bit, because it's a flat colour.

I wonder if it's too late to change the blue. A slightly darker bluish-grey colour might work better.