kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

Well, considering the theory of Villain Factory, allow me to add to that theory my guess.

I think Von Nebula is going to create undercover heroes to destroy Hero Factory from the inside out, which would probably explain Core Hunter's role.

Hm? Why would you think that? Core Hunter doesn't look anything like a Hero; in fact, he's known to be another prison escapee. Unless you're suggesting that they'll use the Hero Cores Core Hunter gathers in "fake heroes", but I doubt that as well. Core Hunter mainly extracts Hero Cores as trophies of his kills, as far as I can tell.

Hm? Why would you think that? Core Hunter doesn't look anything like a Hero; in fact, he's known to be another prison escapee. Unless you're suggesting that they'll use the Hero Cores Core Hunter gathers in "fake heroes", but I doubt that as well. Core Hunter mainly extracts Hero Cores as trophies of his kills, as far as I can tell.

Just an assumption considering Voltix and Black Phantom seemed to be in good terms with Von Nebula.

Could care less about the book, but that pic of Stormer XL!

So much want.

Still hoping the set's not too top heavy. Want to get rid of those friction joints to shorten him up a bit.

Kalhiki

Yeah, Stormer's build is a couple of leg armor molds away of being awesome.

Gappy legs make da Blasta' sad. :cry_sad: But the rest of the set makes up for them... thankfully.

Gappy legs make da Blasta' sad. :cry_sad: But the rest of the set makes up for them... thankfully.

Well judging from how the set is built, it could be fixed simply by swapping out the thigh joints with a bone of similar length with a swivel joint so the leg still bends, but the armour faces forward.

Well judging from how the set is built, it could be fixed simply by swapping out the thigh joints with a bone of similar length with a swivel joint so the leg still bends, but the armour faces forward.

It's not like I won't modify it anyway, so I will try that. :wink:

Has somebody contacted Gata Nui about when is he going to upload the full Breakout episode with english subtitles?

I didn't really understand much neuther the Polish version,nor the German one.

Your avatar is making me desperate for the summer wave. :drool: I really want to see the story behind Core Hunter!

Me too, I'm very intrigued by his backstory. It's the first HF villain ever featuring a killer or some sort of it.

hey guys isn't the new breakout show a bit like the first Die Hard movie because a villian takes over herofactory and there is one hero

still in the factory and the villian does not know he is there.

Me too, I'm very intrigued by his backstory. It's the first HF villain ever featuring a killer or some sort of it.

Not just a killer.....Core Hunter is like a mass murderer of some kind, a psychopath. He murders Heroes, the "humans" of the HF world, and takes what is basically their heart, soul, and brain as a trophy. Way more intense and violent than any HF villain so far.

Not just a killer.....Core Hunter is like a mass murderer of some kind, a psychopath. He murders Heroes, the "humans" of the HF world, and takes what is basically their heart, soul, and brain as a trophy. Way more intense and violent than any HF villain so far.

To be fair, it might not be as big a deal as all that, considering that it's possible his victims could be revived if their Hero Cores were returned to them. Granted, he'd still have the same level of dark power as some soul-stealing fantasy villains, but that possibility might be explored as a way of reducing the lasting impact of his crimes.

When you think of it as stealing a physical representation of his victims' souls rather than dismembering them and removing their innards, while he's still terrifying, some of the violent undertones are reduced. But of course some people might prefer the more violent interpretation. I'm just curious how it might be explored in the story, since so far Hero Factory has avoided "death" in most of its media and even the BIONICLE movies approached death more often as noble self-sacrifice than as characters just being one more notch on the weapon, so to speak. Of course, Hero Factory is not constrained by its previously-established tone, and if TLG wants to push the envelope a bit there's nobody really stopping them.

To be fair, it might not be as big a deal as all that, considering that it's possible his victims could be revived if their Hero Cores were returned to them. Granted, he'd still have the same level of dark power as some soul-stealing fantasy villains, but that possibility might be explored as a way of reducing the lasting impact of his crimes.

When you think of it as stealing a physical representation of his victims' souls rather than dismembering them and removing their innards, while he's still terrifying, some of the violent undertones are reduced. But of course some people might prefer the more violent interpretation. I'm just curious how it might be explored in the story, since so far Hero Factory has avoided "death" in most of its media and even the BIONICLE movies approached death more often as noble self-sacrifice than as characters just being one more notch on the weapon, so to speak. Of course, Hero Factory is not constrained by its previously-established tone, and if TLG wants to push the envelope a bit there's nobody really stopping them.

I prefer the darker version actually, it just makes HF that much more appealing to me. It makes it seem much more realistic, because every society has its murderers and criminals, and HF shouldn't be any different.

and even the BIONICLE movies approached death more often as noble self-sacrifice than as characters just being one more notch on the weapon, so to speak.

The books and online stories sure as hell didn't make it like that though. It's like characters meant literally nothing to Farshtey.

I do like the fact that there is a much darker, more serious villain character now. He actually seems like a threat. But I don't like that things are made "realistic" when you add violence and murder to it. Just doesn't really do much for me.

The books and online stories sure as hell didn't make it like that though. It's like characters meant literally nothing to Farshtey.

Killing characters /= not caring about characters. The Matoran universe was literally falling apart by the Ignition arc, and at the end of 2008 was controlled by Makuta himself. How else are you supposed to show that if no one actually dies? Besides, most of the characters killed in the serials wouldn't have even been featured after their debut year if not for Greg, seeing as they didn't have new toys. It's better knocking off a two-bit like Botar or a knuckehead like Carapar than some of the more notable and/or pouplar characters. Nobody complained when Terrorsaur and Scorponok died at the begining of Beast Wars Season 2 because they were the least interesting members of the cast, but the transformers fanbase would have cringed if the writers had gone through with their original plan to kill Waspinator, and did complain feverently when Hasbro knocked off Optimus Prime and pretty much all other the major G1 characters in the original Transformers Movie.

Edited by Zarkan

So they get Lloyd's blog up but not the HF short stories? Thank you, LEGO[/sarcasm].

Buuuuut seriously hopefully those will actually be up soon.

Also, checked out the online mag (since mine never came in and they got the march one up in like, two weeks, which is some kind of record?) and there's some cool new facts there. Also a cool poster and cover.

So they get Lloyd's blog up but not the HF short stories? Thank you, LEGO[/sarcasm].

Honestly, as far as a massive storyline and marketing push is concerned, I'm with those who say that Ninjago is clearly Bioncie's replacement. The people working on Ninjago actually seem intent on developing the world and characters. It may be ligher in tone, but at least its trying. It'l be interesting to see if Hero Factory can actually do the same with this Breakout storyline - at the very least they could do better than the last couple of comics, which were nothing more than the awful fluff that TLC markets most of their modern themes with.

Edited by Zarkan

I don't see it as replacing BIONICLE (HF clearly did that) so much as they're just trying to apply techniques that they saw were successful to a different line and build something new. And, clearly, it worked.