Sign in to follow this  
Captain BeerBeard

Mushroom Picking

This is just a little sample of an upcoming moc where I get crazy with mushrooms. It's not my best photo quality but it'll do for now. I hope you all enjoy my mushroom's. C&c welcome :classic:

0ashroom0_copy.jpg

Zakon Goldblade has sent his head mage to find him some magical mushrooms.

0ashroom1_copy.jpg

0ashroom2_copy.jpg

uh wow, this is creepy and somehow totally 70s! I like it though, nice colors, nice mushrooms!!

Hello CB,

this is a nice looking MOC. Why are the mushroom so big? Is there something unnatural in the earth or is it magic?

Is this mage collecting some ingredients for an elixir, giving more power to the forces of Avalonia?

One last remark, why is the frame of this scene in purple?

Keep mocing

That´s some big mushroom! :laugh: They sure look great! The biggest one in two colours is very nice! Where is the little bugs from? Friends sets?

uh wow, this is creepy and somehow totally 70s! I like it though, nice colors, nice mushrooms!!

70's? I don't think Historica has got there yet! I'm happy that you like it.

Hello CB,

this is a nice looking MOC. Why are the mushroom so big? Is there something unnatural in the earth or is it magic?

Is this mage collecting some ingredients for an elixir, giving more power to the forces of Avalonia?

One last remark, why is the frame of this scene in purple?

Keep mocing

The mushrooms are big because it's fantasy. The mage is collecting so his master can go on a spiritual journey. The frame is purple because I didn't have enough pink. Joking aside, I just wanted to get some use out the lame Friends parts.

Stay away from the brown...'shrooms? XD

Another hare-brained idea from BeerBeard, which I love! Your creations always have a sense of quirk and character that make them undeniably yours.

Please don't leave Avalonia! We are as mighty as we are because of having builders like you in our ranks.

Remember, Anytria and Darwynia are not too far from each other... The Log Baron could always use more allies in keeping the seedy side businesses of Avalonia alive!

Great use of the radar dish as mushrooms. If we have magic then why not giant mushrooms. I haven't picked up any friends sets but the butterfly alone makes me want to get one.

the scene is just begging for a frog though dont you think? ;)

Beerbeard is mushroom lord. First mushroom shields, now giant 'shrooms. I think we need a mushroom house!

You don’t pick the mushroom, the mushroom picks you! :tongue:

Very Nice, I really like the use of Spheres as immature Mushrooms.

I've also used these parts for mushrooms, Construction Helmet & Army Helmet

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3833

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=87998

Also, I saw this set yesterday

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Creative-Cakes-6785

It has some interesting possibilities, including some Huge Mushrooms.

Wow those mushrooms are really big, I love when Mocs vary a lot and we get surprises as this one.

Is it going to be a part of a story you are developing?

Great moc! Looks like a sneak peak of The Mystic Isles. And finally a good use for those large parts, so great idea! :thumbup:

Very clever use of the dishes. It's got a great Alice and Wonderland feel to it. Now you just need a big brick-built caterpillar sitting on the big mushroom asking "Whooooooo are youuuuuu?"

That´s some big mushroom! :laugh: They sure look great! The biggest one in two colours is very nice! Where is the little bugs from? Friends sets?

Thank you. The bugs are from Olivia's tree house.

Stay away from the brown...'shrooms? XD

Another hare-brained idea from BeerBeard, which I love! Your creations always have a sense of quirk and character that make them undeniably yours.

Please don't leave Avalonia! We are as mighty as we are because of having builders like you in our ranks.

Remember, Anytria and Darwynia are not too far from each other... The Log Baron could always use more allies in keeping the seedy side businesses of Avalonia alive!

Thanks! You totally understand the quirky style I'm going for! :thumbup: We'll keep them alive!

Great use of the radar dish as mushrooms. If we have magic then why not giant mushrooms. I haven't picked up any friends sets but the butterfly alone makes me want to get one.

the scene is just begging for a frog though dont you think? ;)

Your right. I forgot to add a frog. Next time!

Haha, cool! Mushrooms always add a bit of whimsical silliness.

Word, my dude.

Beerbeard is mushroom lord. First mushroom shields, now giant 'shrooms. I think we need a mushroom house!

Mushroom lord? My lady has been calling me that for years! :laugh: Thanks for the title! :thumbup:

You don’t pick the mushroom, the mushroom picks you! :tongue:

I think I understand what you mean?..

Fantastic, I always wondered what to use those radar dishes for, now I know, aslong as it's alright. :thumbup:

It's cool, just let me make my moc first and it's all your's after that. :thumbup: Thanks :wink:

Very Nice, I really like the use of Spheres as immature Mushrooms.

I've also used these parts for mushrooms, Construction Helmet & Army Helmet

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3833

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=87998

Also, I saw this set yesterday

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Creative-Cakes-6785

It has some interesting possibilities, including some Huge Mushrooms.

Thanks for the tip on the army helmet. have you posted any moc's with mushrooms? Link?

Wow those mushrooms are really big, I love when Mocs vary a lot and we get surprises as this one.

Is it going to be a part of a story you are developing?

Thank you and yes!

Great moc! Looks like a sneak peak of The Mystic Isles. And finally a good use for those large parts, so great idea! :thumbup:

The location has yet to be chosen. Thank you :thumbup:

I like this a lot, the huge mushrooms are quite nice and humorous. Can't wait to see where this is going.

Thanks! I promise it will be awesome!

Nice little MOC. I like the 'fairytale'feelings ! (just gotta get me some friens butterlies too... :classic: )

Thanks you. I love fairytales and Disney movie's! Olivia's tree house is the Friends set to get.

Very clever use of the dishes. It's got a great Alice and Wonderland feel to it. Now you just need a big brick-built caterpillar sitting on the big mushroom asking "Whooooooo are youuuuuu?"

That's a great idea! :laugh:

I'd like to see how those frosting globs look as mushrooms... or even better onion domes.

Steve

Does anyone know if Duplo fit's with regular LEGO? Those muffin tops would make some great caps!

HAHA that's awesome.

Bold yet great choice with the friends border.

The shrooms are very well done, I just hate mushrooms, so, not much to say :)

Does anyone know if Duplo fit's with regular LEGO? Those muffin tops would make some great caps!

Yes, in general, they do. Duplos are 2x the size of LEGO, so a 2x4 Duplo is a 4x8 LEGO. Not all of them fit together, for instance Duplo bricks will fit on LEGO plates, but not vice versa.

Great MOC btw. I can see that I'm going to have to go buy some large brown radar dishes now...

Ahh mushrooms, Happy days :laugh: these look really great and stand out well. It's always good to see people coming up with new plant additions. You know I'm expecting a good fun scene with these from you now! I'm sure somewhere in Avalonia there is a guy growing and selling these...for medicinal purposes of course :laugh: Avalonia will be riding into battle totally wasted now :laugh: