Skinny Boy

Death is Endearing

Part 1: Medical Emergence

6808193891_a72729eb0b_b.jpg

My eyelids retracted slowly, revealing an unfamiliar ceiling. I was not in my house, nor my bed. A hospital room: freezing cold, and empty except for myself and the bed. I could barely move my legs, but I managed to sit up.

6808193697_3b91c8fd9f_b.jpg

The door was lying on the ground. And the bathroom door was... oh of course! The surgery! That’s why I’m here. But where is everybody else? Wait... there’s a voice...

6808193269_c9614f087c_b.jpg

A person appeared at my door. He seemed confused. I asked him if he was a doctor, or if he knew where one was. He told me his name was “Tom” and brought his friends “Jake” and “Julie” in.

6808192955_573bcb3959_b.jpg

They were wearing thick clothing, holding a baseball bat, a crowbar, and a mace... and they badgered me with questions as to why I was here. I told them I was scheduled to have an appendectomy. They thought I was playing a joke or something and were about to leave, until I shouted at them, asking where the doctors were. They told me that most of them would have died. I roared at them as best I could in my hoarse voice and begged them to tell me where a doctor was. They all turned their backs and began a discussion. As far as I could tell it was about me. They turned ‘round again and tried to level with me. They said there had been an outbreak of some virus a while back, and that most people caught it and died, or became zombie-like beings. Their conclusion was that I must have slept through it all. Nonsense.

6808194651_04a1fcd99c_b.jpg

But, they made a compelling argument. And I had to respect the fact that I was almost naked, in an empty room, in a hospital with no doctors. I asked them what date it was, they said they stopped keeping track. They then asked if I wanted to tag along with them.

Then it hit me. If any of what they said was true, my family could be dead. Everyone I ever knew could be gone. However, if this was all some sort of elaborate prank, they’d all be waiting outside to laugh at me. Either way, my only choice was to follow them. Also a bullet.

6808194157_be08aa7edf_b.jpg

Tom: “What the hell?!”

Jake: “Awww dude, he was gonna come with us. Why’d you do that?”

6808194427_3b9303d2a4_b.jpg

Man: “We need to get moving.”

Jake: “This guy is nuts! What’s his name again?”

Tom: “Rick something.”

Jake: “Well we gotta ditch him.”

Julie: “We should’ve never went near that plane.”

Tom: “He’s got a gun... I’m not gonna tell him to get lost. He’s right though, we’ve wasted enough time. Let’s go.”

6808194819_26f42f06b9_b.jpg

Jake: “Whoah, this place has been completely cleared out. Last time I was here there was piece of paper on that desk.”

Julie: “Nothing left at all.”

Tom: “Well it is a hospital, first place most people would think of to-“

6808195063_27e9620834_b.jpg

Rick: “Who are you?”

Man: “Please don’t shoot! I’m just looking for my dad.”

Rick: “Well look elsewhere.”

Man: “Wait, did you fire that shot a minute ago?”

Rick: “Yes, laid a comatose to rest. Now, if you’ll excuse me.”

Man: "Oh..."

6808218665_15b17b45db_b.jpg

Tom: “You don’t think..?”

Jake: “Big time.”

Julie: “Forget him, where are we gonna stay tonight?”

6808195471_b7b5c52622_b.jpg

Tom: “Not here... this place gives me the creeps. We’ll try the next building.”

----------------------

So... another comic. Bear with me, it gets good. It really does. And so does the quality of the photos. :laugh:

Thanks for looking!

I love a good zombie comic.

And you already have a plot twist under your belt. :laugh: That sounded exactly like a typical main character beginning you killed off. I can tell this will be an interesting comic. :thumbup:

I love a good zombie comic.

And you already have a plot twist under your belt. :laugh: That sounded exactly like a typical main character beginning you killed off. I can tell this will be an interesting comic. :thumbup:

Thanks! Glad you liked it. Unfortunately my timetable is pretty crap this semester, so I can't get much done during the week. Hope to get part 2 posted on Sunday. Then things should get proper interesting.

And this time 'round I'll be posting all new parts in this topic, so as not to clog up the comics forum.

Part 2: Drink 'em if you got 'em

a.jpg

Man: "So then some guy shot me in the head, and they just left my son to find me slumped against a wall. Kids these days... So how did you go?"

Other man: "Slipped on a banana peel."

Man: "Oh... And did you choose door number 2, or did you let him pick?"

Other man: "Well I figured they wouldn't put heaven on the end."

Man: "Me too! But, they did."

b.jpg

Other man: "So what is there to do here?"

Man: "Not much."

Other man: "Doesn't sound great."

Man: "Well it's not that good, but it's not that bad either. Oh and there is a tv."

c.jpg

Man: "I've been seeing what the pricks who shot me have been getting up to. Let's watch."

01.jpg

Tom: "Ok, the park is in front of this building and there's no way we're heading through there. I saw a makeshift bridge coming out of the top floor of this place so I say we go up and cross over, then make our way around the mall."

Jake: "Why are we going around it? It's safe."

Tom: "Well I heard different. Some crazy gang has taken over it. We're steering clear of that place. Then it should be another day until we get to the Stronghold in the sky."

Rick: "And this 'Stronghold' is that massive skyscraper?"

Tom: "Yeah, we'll be able to plot a clear route to the hills from up there."

Jake: "Shh, 'you hear that?"

02.jpg

Julie: "Coming from below."

Tom: "Voices... let's check it out."

03.jpg

Jake: "It's a bar..."

04.jpg

Man: "Hi there, I'm Sam Malone. Say, did you see a mailman up there?"

Tom: "No, sorry."

Sam: "Oh, well, do you have any alcohol?"

Tom: "Not really the best time to be drinking."

Sam: "Oh no, it's not for me. Haven't touched the stuff in years. It's for my friend, he's not feeling so good."

05.jpg

Rick: "Has he been bitten?"

Sam: "No it's safe down here."

Rick: "Where is he?"

Sam: "Over here, c'mon."

06.jpg

Julie: "Well what's wrong with him then?"

Sam: "He hasn't had a drink in almost 24 hours."

07.jpg

Rick: "We're leaving."

Woman: "Yeah you better leave and quit hoggin' Norm's fresh air!"

Sam: "Carla please, don't start. Woody?"

Woody: "What is it Sam?"

08.jpg

Sam: "I want you to go up to the top floor and look for Cliff."

Woody: "Now I know you all think Mr. Clavin is dumb, but I reckon he went outside this building to look for Mr. Peterson's alcohol."

Sam: "I meant go up there and look out the windows, use the bridge."

Woody: "Alright. But Sam, if I'm on the bridge looking out the windows, wouldn't I be looking back inside?

Carla: "Just get upstairs you bonehead!"

09.jpg

Woody: "Oh here's Mr. Clavin now."

Cliff: "Don't you worry Normie! I'm a comin'."

10.jpg

Sam: "You found somethin' Cliff?"

Cliff: "Err yes Sammy I did. No beer Norm, but I got some wine. Chablis, 1812. Hey, you know that was the year the French invaded Russia? You see Napolean was uhh-"

Carla: "Just give him the damn bottle!"

11.jpg

Woody: "You feel any better Mr. Peterson?"

Norm: "Has Cliffie stopped talking yet?"

Sam: "Yeah he has."

Norm: "I'll be fine.

12.jpg

Carla: "Ok, so how are we gonna get our furniture back from Gary's?"

d.jpg

Man: "You ever see a show called 'Frasier'?

13.jpg

Jake: "Man they were nuts."

Tom: "Yeah, but these days you can't trust someone who isn't a little crazy."

Julie: "Which is why we're still hanging out with this guy."

Tom: "Exactly."

Jake: "Found something."

14.jpg

Tom: "What is it?"

Jake: "A note."

15.jpg

Jake:

"We're nothing but food to them.

I've been starving for a week.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Bon Appetite."

Tom: "You see. I trust whoever wrote that."

Rick: "Hey, get over here."

Tom: "What is it?"

Rick: "Is that the mall you wanted to avoid?"

16.jpg

Tom: "Oh crap, I didn't know we were so close. But it doesn't look that bad, might even be empty."

17.jpg

Rick: "I doubt it. Those trenches didn't dig themselves."

18.jpg

Rick: "So what now?"

Tom: "Alright, we'll just have to be quiet, and sneak around. No buildings next to this one, look for the stairs."

19.jpg

20.jpg

Tom: "What the hell man? Why'd you trip?"

Jake: "I was pushed!"

Tom: "Don't be stupid, you were last!"

21.jpg

Man: "HANDS UP! DROP YOUR WEAPONS!"

Jake: "Jeez alright, no need to shout."

Man: "Get moving. We're off to see The Duke."

-------------------

Took me longer to build and photograph this than I thought. And so will the next one. But the next part is worth it. Seriously.

Thanks for looking!

Part 3: The Duke's Speech

01.jpg

Jake: "I can't take this much longer. These people are freaking me out."

Tom: "I know. That one hasn't moved for 20 minutes."

02.jpg

Tom: "Shh, here comes another one."

03.jpg

Stormtrooper: "You, with the medals, come with me."

04.jpg

Stormtrooper: "Take him to the arena, I'll keep an eye on this scum."

05.jpg

06.jpg

Ringmaster: "Alright, take off your shirt and jacket."

07.jpg

Ringmaster: "Now come with me."

08.jpg

Ringmaster: "Ok, so here's the rules: If you step outside the fountain, you'll be shot. Capiche?"

Rick: "Yeah."

09.jpg

Ringmaster: "Oh, don't forget this."

10.jpg

Ringmaster: "Ladies and gentlemen, Bagginses and Boffins, Tooks and Brandybucks, Grubbs, Chubbs, Hornblowers, Bolgers, Bracegirdles and Proudfoots! Are you ready for some action?"

11.jpg

Ringmaster: "To my right is newcomer, 'whatshisname', and of course he'll be facing...

12.jpg

...The Champ!"

13.jpg

Ringmaster: "Undefeated in one fight, the man that chews nails and spits napalm, give it up, for The Champ!"

14.jpg

Ringmaster: "3...2...1...Fight!"

15.jpg

Tom: "So what's your story old man?"

Old man: "My story? It's exactly the same as your story, just one chapter behind."

Jake: "Really? So you didn't go to that crazy bar?"

Old man: "Look, my story won't help you get out of here. You kids need a plan. These guys are already building a fire so they can sacrifice you to their god."

16.jpg

Tom: "What?! Why?!"

17.jpg

Old man: "Well, because they think it's good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

18.jpg

Tom: "We need to get out of here now."

Jake: "Don't worry, I have a cunning plan."

19.jpg

Ringmaster: "And the winner is... the newcomer!"

20.jpg

Ringmaster: "Well now, wasn't that fun? Come with me, The Duke wants to meet you."

21.jpg

Duke: Yes thank you, wait outside. Now then, my new champion, take a seat."

Rick: "You're the Duke?"

Duke: "Indeed I am."

Rick: "Why did you have all the store fronts painted black?"

Duke: "I like the 'Stones."

22.jpg

Duke: "So, how are you feeling?"

Rick: "Wait, do you have electricity here?"

Duke: "Oh no, that's just a painting. So what is your name champion?"

Rick: "Call me Rick."

Duke: "Rick, I need your help. My band of merry men and I are about to move out of this mall and take over the entire city, but I need a new man to lead them in the field, since you just killed my last one."

Rick: "And why do you think I'll help you?"

23.jpg

Duke: "Well, you seem like a nice man, you killed the previous champion without hesitation-"

Rick: "Why aren't you wearing pants?"

25.jpg

Duke: "Where we're going, we don't need pants. Now, as I was saying. We are on the verge of revolution. This day has been a long time coming!"

26.jpg

Duke: "Meticulous planning. Tenacity spanning decades of denial, is simply why I'll be king undisputed, respected, saluted-

24.jpg

Duke: "-And seen for the wonder I am!"

27.jpg

Duke: "AAHHHHH!"

Rick: "What the hell?"

28.jpg

Man: "Your stuff is outside, to the right in a crate. And I've taken care of the guard."

Rick: "Who are you?"

Man: "Just your friendly neighbourhood blood-spatter analyst."

Rick: "Right."

29.jpg

30.jpg

Rick: "Hands up!"

Stormtrooper: "Wait, it's me!"

31.jpg

Rick: "Goddamnit. Come on, I know where our stuff is."

32.jpg

33.jpg

Julie: "So what happened?"

Rick: "A lot. We're leaving right now."

Julie: "What about him? We can't leave him here."

34.jpg

Tom: "Well old timer? You wanna tag along with us?"

Old man: "Nope."

----------------------------------------------

Well, if anyone managed to read the whole thing, bravo. No idea when the next part will be done.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Skinny Boy

Duke: "Where we're going, we don't need pants.

:rofl:

This is great, I love your building of the scenes, especially the stairs. :thumbup:

Can't wait for the next part!

This is very interesting. There are a lot of good elements. I love the sets and feeling of it, and the story seems to be fun with lots of twists and gags. The characters need more development though, I have a hard time telling them apart and they seem to float through the story rather than drive it. There is no character conflict, bring it in, because the story is pretty interesting so far and a lot of the things you've been doing are great. Killing off the first person you introduced and making the leader of this faction bonkers were both cool and fun twists, but without strong leading characters these events are just happening to folks, not people that we really care about. :thumbup: This doesn't mean that you should stop what you're doing, just start to interweave a few more character moments. Don't have anyone sit down and say who they are, your story is too good for that. Rick seems decently developed, but give me even more about him, and the others are faceless, so start to tell me about them. Just do it in small steps, don't sacrifice your plans for it!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Glad you're enjoying it. Unfortunately it looks like Part 4 won't be ready until next Sunday at the earliest. :sceptic: I really don't like only getting one part done every 2 weeks, but I've got so little free time these days.

Don't have anyone sit down and say who they are, your story is too good for that.

Thanks for the informative comment Zepher. Always good to hear from you.

Heh, yeah. I've been trying to avoid that cliché scene where a character spills their guts about their past and all the other characters start judging him/her differently. Oddly enough I just shot most of part 4 today, and Rick does this, but with good reason. He talks to a new character, not the group, so they're still unsure what he's all about. This new guy really stirs things up.

Rick seems decently developed, but give me even more about him, and the others are faceless, so start to tell me about them.

Like I said above, Part 4 reveals Rick's story, pretty much in full though I still have to tweak it a little.

As for the others, well, to me it was assumed in Part 1 that:

1. They've known eachother for a while

2. They recently teamed up with Rick, but don't know much about him yet (and are scared to ask or leave him)

3. Their roles are: Tom is the leader; Jake is the stupid/funny one; Julie is just tagging along (she really needs some lines already :blush: )

So, these 3 have no reason to tell eachother their stories, since they know them already. And as discussed above, I'm not going to have them stop and reveal their life stories completely out of the blue. Really they're just here to provide dialogue. If not for them, this would be yet another clichéd story of a lone wanderer travelling the wastes in a Post-Apocalyptic setting. And I already did that with S.T.C. :laugh:

There will be a just cause for them to tell their stories in Part 5 (Part 5 makes the previous 4 look like crap :tongue: ) but for now, they're just annoying teenagers heading to the roof of a skyscraper to map a route to the hills outside the city so a guy in a bomber jacket doesn't shoot them.

Part 4 is definitely my favourite so far, even though I haven't built the biggest scene yet, nor bought a set I need for it. :wacko: You'll meet some new (relatively sane) characters, learn a lot about Rick and a little about the outbreak of the infection.

Well, I have work to do. As always, thanks for looking!

That was pretty darn good! The sets were well built, the characters well developed, and the photography was great. Keep building! I'll be sure to be back for more! :excited:

Ha ha, glad to see I'm not the only person here who's heard of Cheers. :laugh:

Great plot, great story, though as Zepher said the characters haven't really been characterized yet. There's no real reason we should "root" for them yet, perhaps that will change in the next few chapters. Overall, though, great work, and I look forward to the next! :thumbup:

Part 4: Stronghold in the Sky

01.jpg

Julie: "I can't believe we made it this far..."

Jake: "The safest place in the city..."

Tom: "The Stronghold in the Sky.

02.jpg

Tom: "Hello? Anyone there?"

Voice: "No."

Tom: "We need your assistance, can you help us?

Voice: "Yes."

03.jpg

Jake: "Will you?"

Voice: "No."

Jake: "Come on..."

Voice: "Oh alright. Gimme a minute."

04.jpg

Julie: "Is that guy naked?"

Tom: "Let's hope not."

05.jpg

Man: "Come in, quickly!"

06.jpg

Jake: "Don't look down."

Tom: "You've never fallen 15 stories before?"

07.jpg

Man: "Follow me upstairs, and pull the bridge in behind you."

08.jpg

Man and Woman: "Hello and welcome!"

Tom: "Uhhh, hi..."

Man: "I'm Joseph. This is my lovely wife Mary. And the man who let you in is our sone, Brian.

09.jpg

Tom: "What's going on..? Where is everybody?"

Joseph: "Sit down, we'll tell you everything."

Jake: "Everything?"

Joseph: "Everything."

10.jpg

Joseph: "So, it all started like this."

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Tom: "Like what?"

14.jpg

Joseph: "Like this. Just me, my wife, and our son. We were the first to settle in this building after the outbreak. More people came, and they'd been coming and going until a few days ago. Until the man fell from the sky."

15.jpg

Rick: "What? A man fell from the sky?"

Mary: "Yes, straight out of the sky. He landed safely, but we never got a chance to talk to him.

Joseph: "Sadly, he had been bitten. And actually infected the rest of the building."

16.jpg

Tom: "What?! The whole building?!"

Joseph: "Well, except for us obviously, and a few others made it out and have been gone since. Please sit down, we're safe here. The demons are all locked upstairs. In fact there's a man up now looking to kill some of them, or one in particular I think."

17.jpg

Rick: "Where are they? Which floor?!"

Joseph: "Please calm down. Brian will show you if you want to see them."

Mary: "Brian dear, show this man upstairs will you?"

18.jpg

Tom: "Hey, what are you doing? Why are you going up there?"

Rick: "Stay here all of you. I have to take care of something."

19.jpg

Brian: "The man daddy mentioned is down there. He'll show you the demons."

20.jpg

21.jpg

Rick: "You… I’ve seen you before."

Man: "You look familiar aswell… do you know Johnny Farkas?"

Rick: "Yeah, that’s it, I’ve seen you with him."

Man: "Me and Johnny were good friends. Oh, my name’s Eli."

22.jpg

Rick: "I’m Rick. You were in the military right?"

Eli: "Yeah, 7th armored. I was stationed here during the outbreak. Talk about ground zero… it was hell. You and Johnny were pilots together."

Rick: "Yeah… good times…So what’s the situation here?"

Eli: "Well, this building used to be the safest in the city, now it’s no different to any other. A few days ago a guy fell from the sky. He was infected. People here didn’t know, tried to help him, and now except for the three downstairs, everybody here is good as dead."

Rick: "The man who fell… was Johnny… wasn’t it?"

Eli: "How… how the hell did you know that? I was gonna tell you…"

23.jpg

Rick: "Because it was my plane he fell from."

Eli: "Now hold up. You better start explainin’ yourself."

24.jpg

Rick: "So me and Johnny had just came home on leave. We both stopped to visit our folks in Blackwood before comin’ to the city. While we were there the infection broke out, so we holed up on my family’s farm. We were doing fine until one day a group of people came to us lookin’ for help. They had no weapons, and Johnny knew one of them, so he let ‘em stay. Turns out one of ‘em was infected. Only me and Johnny made it out. I kept my old biplane in the barn, so we flew it here ‘cos my wife and kids live here. I gave up hope for them, but after my folks went, ‘figured if they’re alive, they’re the only family I got left. Anyway, mid-flight Johnny apologises for letting the group onto the farm, said he knew one was infected but he still wanted to try his luck with the girl they had. I blacked out for a second ‘cos I was so mad. I punched him in the face and managed to throw him off the plane. Never knew he packed a parachute. After strugglin’ with him I couldn’t regain control of the plane and I crashed about 2 miles from here. A group of teenagers found me, told me the safe area was the hills, so I’ve been following ‘em there. We came here to plan a route from the rooftop."

Eli: That’s quite a story… I’ll miss Johnny a little less now knowing that’s what got him killed. He always had more balls than brains. Alright look, I know the way to the hills, so you don’t need to get to the roof. However…

25.jpg

Rick: "What?"

Eli: "I do have a job that needs to be done."

Rick "What is it?"

Eli: "Don Torino asked me to come here and kill the son-of-a-bitch who infected this place. Now after hearing that story, you’re the real one responsible, but, I don’t kill people unless they’re trying to kill me. Are you pointing that Luger at me?"

Rick: "No... Wait, a Don? Like the Godfather? Asked you to kill Johnny… or me?"

Eli: "There’s no mafia out in Blackwood, but in Cedar Bay, they run everything. Look, I’ll explain later. Right now there’s 30 of those infected bastards on the other side of that door, and those crates won’t hold ‘em forever."

26.jpg

Eli: "Normally I’d have no problem, but those idiots downstairs never told me there was so many. I went in there got rushed and dropped my bag of pistol clips. My rifle is useless in such close range, so how many rounds you got?"

Rick: "Enough."

27.jpg

Eli: "Good. There’s another door into that room around the other side. They’ve been sniffing me out for hours now so just about all of them should be at this door. We go through the other one safely, kill Johnny, take his watch… he was wearing it when you threw him out right?"

Rick: "He never took that thing off."

Eli: "Right, take his watch, grab my pistol clips, come back here for my rifle, then we can go to the hills."

28.jpg

Rick: "If you see Johnny first, tell me before you shoot him. I wanna see the life drain from his eyes."

29.jpg

Tom: "This is pointless. We're looking South. The hills are to the North East."

30.jpg

Julie: "Gunfire."

Tom: "Goddammit, what is he doing up there?"

Jake: "Wait... listen... there's something coming up the building."

31.jpg

Tom: "They can't climb... it must be a person."

32.jpg

Tom: "What the hell?"

33.jpg

Man: "Hey, have you seen a woman named Liz?"

Julie: "No..."

Man: "Alright, cheers."

34.jpg

Jake: "He's trustworthy."

Tom: "Here's Rick."

35.jpg

Rick: "We're leaving."

Jake: "Wait, we just got here, what's the hurry?"

Eli: "You don't wanna know."

Tom: "Who's this guy?"

Eli: "Follow me, there's an elevator around the corner."

36.jpg

Eli: "Ok. Should arrive any minute."

Tom: "What? What's going on?"

Eli: "Oh right. I've gotten used to the electricity in the Valley."

Jake: "Electri-"

Eli: "Rick, hold the other door open. Alright kid, you first. Just jump and grab the cables. We'll see you down there."

37.jpg

Eli: "And you two, come on.

Rick: "You got the door?"

Eli: "Go for it."

38.jpg

39.jpg

Eli: "You'll see some action soon Esmerelda."

40.jpg

Eli: "Through here."

41.jpg

Julie: "What's that?"

42.jpg

Eli: "Transport. Thank God."

43.jpg

Man: "Hey, stop right there!"

Eli: "Look, we don’t want any trouble. The entire infected population of this building is making its’ way towards us right now. If we walk outta here they’ll catch us on the streets."

Man: "Well that’s your problem ain’t it? Oh wait… Hey Laura! Is this thing running?"

44.jpg

Laura: "Just got her to turn over a minute ago, who are these people?"

Man: "They want a free ride. But like me they haven’t gotten an answer yet babe."

Laura: "Always a charmer Buck. Hey if you want a lift talk to the driver Jimmy. And you folks look spooked, whats goin’ on?"

Eli: "All the infected in this building are coming for us."

Laura: "Hey Jimmy!"

45.jpg

Jimmy: *yawn* "What the bloody hell is goin’ on? Is the engine workin’ yet?"

Buck: "Apparently, but we have other problems."

46.jpg

Jimmy: "‘ello mate, whats the problem?"

Eli: "We need a ride, now."

Jimmy: "Well we don’t have much room, we’ve got cargo as you can see."

Eli: "Screw your cargo, we’re all gonna get eaten alive if we don’t leave right now."

Jimmy: "What, the buzzards from upstairs have gotten loose? You’re takin’ the piss mate."

47.jpg

Laura: "Shut up for a minute and listen. I can hear them coming."

Jimmy: "Jesus… "

48.jpg

Jimmy: "Alright get the crates loaded we’re moving sharpish."

Eli: "Hey, you’re not gonna just leave us here are you?"

49.jpg

Jim: "I’m sorry mate, I need that cargo to get past the checkpoint and into the hills."

Eli: "I can get all of you in for nothing."

Jim: "Alright alright. But if you’re tellin’ porkies mate, I’ll sell you lot to the Duke. Everybody in!"

50.jpg

---------------------------------------

I cut a few scenes so I could post this today. Nothing important, just small bits. I need to start planning the scenes for Part 5.

Thanks for looking!

Part four was pretty good. (Read it the other day) I wasn't quite sure why the people had only leaves on as all of the other people had jackets and stuff. I am eagerly awaiting part five!

Man: "Hey, have you seen a woman named Liz?"

Julie: "No..."

Man: "Alright, cheers."

Mind telling me who the man is?

Part 5: The Hills have Lies

01.jpg

Eli: "Hayes! Open the gate! C'mon, you saw us coming."

Hayes: "Can't do that Eli."

Eli: "Why the hell not, I got people here need passage through the tunnel."

02.jpg

Hayes: "Look, the engineers are workin' on the grid for this place, so they've all the different systems goin' on an' offline. The gate's closed for now."

Soldier: "Even if it was workin' you wouldn't be goin' in."

Eli: "Why not?"

Hayes: "Dammit Eli they 'been trailin' you this whole time."

Eli: "Who, what are you talkin' about?"

Hayes: "A dozen crazies. They're hidin' in some rubble up the road. You idiots lead 'em right to us. Now get these people upstairs before they get shot."

03.jpg

Jake: "Crazies? Lolwut?"

Eli: "Alright c'mon, through here."

Buck: "What's goin' on man? You told us we could get through!"

Eli: "I'm sorry, the gate ain't opening."

04.jpg

Jim: "So what the bloody 'ell are we supposed to do? Sit here as live dinner for those freaks?"

Eli: "Uhhhh, Hayes! Is the other tunnel open?"

Hayes: "Well that one doesn't have a gate, but we ain't heard from them in a while. Might've been attacked."

Eli: "Well, you know where the Bronson Tunnel is? Go. Now."

Jim: "Cheers mate. But you still owe us for the lift."

05.jpg

Buck: "Yeah thanks for nothin' dickhead."

Eli: "Alright everybody, welcome to the Hills. We've got a lot of stairs to climb to reach the top, but this is the safest place outside the Valley."

Rick: "Speaking of which, you wanna tell us some more info on this Valley?"

Eli: "Later."

Several action-packed stair-climbs later...

06.jpg

Eli: "Well... here she is... uhh..."

Tom: "So this is some kind of government bunker?"

Eli: "Uhhh... yeah..."

Rick: "Something wrong?"

Eli: "Yeah..."

07.jpg

Eli: "...everybody's gone."

Tom: "What's going on?"

Eli: "There used to be a settlement here... lots of people in tents, and a shanty town. Aww dang."

08.jpg

Eli: "The Sheriff's here. Stay here, let me talk to him."

09.jpg

Eli: "Sheriff, how are things? What's the situation here?"

Sheriff: "Eli... I'm gettin' too old for this."

Eli: "Yes, I'm aware. But what's going on here, where are all the civvies?"

Sheriff: "Don's orders. They've all been let into the Valley."

Eli: "When did this happen?"

Sheriff: "While you were out lookin' for that megablock who screwed with that skyscraper. You get him?"

Eli: "We got him sir."

Sheriff: "'We'?"

10.jpg

Rick: "Was there a list of people who were moved from here?"

Sheriff: "Son, there's a list of people who cut across me in conversation and wound up dead written on my boot. Would you like to add your name yourself?"

Eli: "Sir, this is the man who helped me at the Stronghold. He's a military man. Name of Rick."

Sheriff: "Rank of 'Prick' I assume? Oh and Eli?"

Eli: "Yes?"

11.jpg

Sheriff: "What in blue blazes are you doin' with a bunch of kids? Aw hell forget it. Look, we'll need some extra hands in the mornin' so don't go nowhere 'til I say."

Eli: "Yes sir."

Sheriff: "Y'all can sleep inside."

One sleep-filled night later...

13.jpg

Sheriff: "Alright boys, the engineers have finally done what they're bein' paid for. After all this time we get to see what treasures our old government had been storin' in this here hole."

Eli: "What do you need us for?"

Sheriff: "To look in the hole. Dammit Eli, I'm gettin' too old for this."

14.jpg

Sheriff: "Alright fellers, open her up! 'Stand Clear' my megablocks."

15.jpg

Sheriff: "Here we go..."

Rick: "What are you expecting to find?"

Sheriff: "Cursed pirate gold. Whattaya think? Weapons ya stinkin' varmin'. Eli-"

Eli: "I know how old you are sir."

16.jpg

Sheriff: "What in the hell's that supposed to mean?"

Eli: "I think we ought to stand back sir."

Sheriff: "Alright, take a few steps back. There we go. Wait a second."

17.jpg

Sheriff: "The damn blast door just shut on us. Hey fellers! Get that door opened up!"

18.jpg

Sheriff: "Now, what have we here? Shoot, all I see is dust and smoke."

Eli: "Shh, sir? Can you hear that? Gunfire."

Sheriff: "AK47's. Aww hell."

19.jpg

Sheriff: "Private!? What's happening son?!"

Soldier: "They're everywhere!"

20.jpg

Soldier: "AAAHHHHHHHH HELP ME!!!"

Sheriff: Oh merciful Lord..."

21.jpg

Rick: The kids! What the hell happened!"

Eli: "The crazies, they got through. Christ."

Sheriff: "Y'all get outta here now, that's an order. Go on now, head down that hole, find a safe way out."

Rick: "I'm not leaving thos ki-"

22.jpg

Sheriff: "Go on now get!"

23.jpg

Sheriff: *sigh* "I'm gettin' too old for this."

---------------------------------------------------

Ok, so it's been a while. And yes I lied about part 5 being good. Anyways, I'm gonna leave this comic for now (who didn't see that coming?). I've got exams and other stuff to get done. Plus lots of ideas I wanna try out. Mainly a new Sci-Fi comic. Maybe I'll come back to D.I.E, but for now, farewell.

And thanks for looking!

Edited by Skinny Boy