ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

Wait, so the holiday PAB boxes are free? :wub_drool: ! I'm definitely going to have to use them now for my Arkham Asylum MOC.

We just posted our latest video which shows you how to get 169 2x4 bricks into one large pick a brick cup. Let us know what you think :)

url removed, me is a newbie

Great stuff guys! I gave it a try today at Westfield Shepherd's Bush in London. Got all this into 1 large cup.

As you can see, the single £11 cup would only have fitted the yellow bricks if I hadn’t stacked! Instead I reaped in total:

314 tan 1x2 plates

104 white 1x2x1 panels

91 yellow 1x2 bricks

66 yellow 2x2 bricks

60 yellow 1x3 bricks

50 light blay levers

35 yellow 2x4 bricks

20 white 1x2/2x2 brackets

Which all totals up to £27.27 had I bought at BrickLink current average quantity prices. Or to put it another way, the time I spent stacking gained me over 500 ‘free’ pieces. An hour well spent.

Stacking all those tan 1x2 plates was less boring than you’d expect, it was kinda meditative! I just watched people shopping and chatted with the staff.

I've updated BrickBuildr in the last 9 days with both of the London Westfield LEGO stores' PAB wall lineups.

The stores have placed new orders recently and a nice guy at the Stratford store is hoping to get some better pieces, including trans clear bricks and plates. The order will come in a few weeks so I'll update.

The new pieces I added to the Stratford wall (well, probably not 'new', BrickBuildr had not been updated for 2 months) are:

• Brick 1x1 – Orange
  • Brick 1x2x2 – Red
  • Brick 1x3 – Lime
  • Brick 1x3 – Yellow
  • Brick 1x4 - Light Bluish Gray
  • Door 1x4x6 Barred with Stud Handle – Light Bluish Gray
  • Plate 1x2 – Tan
  • Slope 45⁰ 2x4 - Black
  • Slope 65⁰ 2x2x2 - Red
  • Slope 65⁰ 2x2x2 – White

Hope there's something there you need!

Edited by caperberry

Got a small cup filled to the brim(and then some, a little bit) of the flower stems. I'm not sure if I want to get an exact count of how many are in there. I'm going to guess 300+\-.

This is how I pack cups:

Once it cracks, it gives just a bit more room to pack it some more.

6956615113_d08970c89d_z.jpg

All of this was in the cup above:

6956615665_20b5c66f06_z.jpg

250 red 2x8 plates in one cup!!!

:laugh:

First time at PAB. Not really in it for the value or anything, I just think the challenge of packing itself is a whole lot of fun. Wish I picked up more of the white columns.

44Ny9.png

Edited by DefaultGen

And the LEGO store workers are fine with all of this? Cramming in pieces until the cup is overflowing and taping the lid on?

Sure, as long as you are not a jerk.

And the LEGO store workers are fine with all of this? Cramming in pieces until the cup is overflowing and taping the lid on?

I have never had a problem. They just tell me that as long as I can get a lid on it some what I'm fine. :laugh:

I have never had a problem. They just tell me that as long as I can get a lid on it some what I'm fine. :laugh:

Yet ANOTHER reason to wish I had a Lego store closer than 3 hours away.

They encourage it...and even provide the tape!! I've been given a bag too when things we're spilling on the counter at checkout.

They even discuss different stacking methods with me!

They encourage it...and even provide the tape!! I've been given a bag too when things we're spilling on the counter at checkout.

They even discuss different stacking methods with me!

I always THOUGHT Lego was the best company ever...now I KNOW they are!

Not the best packing, but I'm happy to get my fences as well as the brown 1x4 tiles. I've made some park benches and it will become nice hardwood flooring. Tile and fences are really hard to pack well, so was the horse. I did an analysis of cost from PAB on line as well as bricklink. Overall a pretty good deal for $20 CDN plus tax. And double VIP points too.

6965337255_9d8c2ce0a0_z.jpg

6965337085_400afea528_z.jpg

Quantity Bricklink Lego PAB on line

114 $0.01 $1.14 $0.10 $11.40 Lime Green studs

100 $0.01 $1.00 $0.10 $10.00 orange studs

42 $0.01 $0.42 $0.10 $4.20 trans red studs

29 $0.01 $0.29 $0.10 $2.90 trans dark bluestuds

16 $0.01 $0.16 $0.10 $1.60 clear studs

126 $0.49 $61.74 $0.19 $23.94 brown 1x4 tiles

74 $0.10 $7.40 $0.19 $14.06 white fences

20 $0.01 $0.20 $0.10 $2.00 white Panel 1 x 2 x 1

8 $0.02 $0.16 $0.15 $1.20 grey 1x2 mod plate center pole

8 $0.01 $0.08 $0.10 $0.80 yellow 1x2 modified tile with 1 stud

8 $0.01 $0.08 $0.15 $1.20 black 1x2 mod plate 2 sideways poles

4 $0.03 $0.12 $0.15 $0.60 black 1x2 mod plate 2 sideways pole

1 $0.04 $0.04 $0.68 $0.68 car base

8 $0.02 $0.16 $0.24 $1.92 tires

8 $0.02 $0.16 $0.10 $0.80 wheels

2 $0.01 $0.02 $0.34 $0.68 windshields

16 $0.06 $0.96 $0.15 $2.40 maroon 1x2 brick

8 $0.09 $0.72 $0.44 $3.52 Dark Bluish Gray Container 2 x 2 x 2

16 $0.07 $1.12 $0.24 $3.84 White Hinge Brick 1 x 4 Swivel Top

16 $0.04 $0.64 $0.24 $3.84 White Hinge Brick 1 x 4 Swivel Base

20 $0.04 $0.80 $0.25 $5.00 brown 2x4 plate

4 $0.03 $0.12 $0.34 $1.36 tan 4x6 plate

8 $0.05 $0.40 $0.34 $2.72 white 4x6 plate

4 $0.08 $0.32 $0.29 $1.16 tan 2x6 brick

3 $0.01 $0.03 $0.15 $0.45 oragne 2x2 brick

3 $0.01 $0.03 $0.15 $0.45 green 2x2 brick

1 $0.20 $0.20 $0.97 $0.97 horse

667 $78.51 $103.69

I'm jealous! I was hoping the local store I went to last week had those fences...I need more for my houses.

In 2 days i'll get to go to the lego store and i may try my hand at packing another PAB cup. Not sure if it'll be a large or small but if i can get away with it, i'll pay for it on a separate transaction and take advantage of 5 dollars off with VIP(i'm about 14 dollars off from another 5 dollars off). I'm honestly saying that i don't know which since the brickbuildr.com inventory for the store hasn't been updated in about 5 months.

However if the the inventory will be around the same as last time part wise(it seems to be that way from trip to trip), I'm most likely going for a small cup. If that is the case, i'll most likely do small items in the bottom ring area between the cup and bump, about a 3 stud deep layer of bricks with small bits squeezed in, the middle with mixed items, another 3 stud deep layer, and then whatever i can squeeze ontop of that.

As far as cup packing, i heard the general rule of thumb is that the cup lid needs to be within about a half inch from the top of the cup. That's what i've done to date and i've had no problems.

I've gotten PaB cups before, but usually only made half-hearted efforts to pack properly.

Today I went to a LEGO store I had not visited before (90 miles each way), and since it was so empty & quiet in the store I decided to try better this time.

I ended up with 112 2x4 bricks, 11 2x3 bricks, and 182 1x1 bricks (used to fill in gaps) in a large cup being careful to not to put any strain on the container. Probably could have done a few more 2x4 and less of the others if I'd wanted to risk it.

Besides, I had brought 3 more cups to refill! Mostly loaded up on 1x2 1x3 and 1x4 bricks without bothering to stack at all for the other 3 cups. Some 2x4 plates and 2x2 slopes as well.

All in all, will make a nice contribution to my stash of castle parts as most were gray, black, or brown parts.

After reading this thread, I'm so glad I don't collect LEGO for the pieces/MOCs, otherwise I'd be crazy just like the rest of you :tongue:. Trying to pack all those pieces in so intricately so I can fit just one more piece in there.

After reading this thread, I'm so glad I don't collect LEGO for the pieces/MOCs, otherwise I'd be crazy just like the rest of you :tongue:. Trying to pack all those pieces in so intricately so I can fit just one more piece in there.

I remember when I lost my mind

There was something so pleasant about that place

Even your emotions have an echo in so much space

As a follow-up to my previous post, as an experiment I just tried the "169 2x4 in a large cup" technique from the youtube video, and it puts way more stress on the cup than I am comfortable with, but then again my cups have to survive a 40-90 mile return trip home without breaking open and spilling all over the place.

I did manage to modify it a bit to fit 139 2x4 and still manage to close the lid securely without having to use tape.

Once again found myself at London Westfield Stratford today :o) as new pieces have just been delivered. Got an £11 large cup:

• 1043 Trans clear 1x2 plates (which look like this when stuck together)
  • 383 Trans dark blue 1x1 round plates
  • 280 Dark blay 1x1 bricks
  • 80 Black 1x2 plates with handle on one side
  • 18 Reddish brown 2x2 bricks
  • 6 Light blay 2x2x2 containers

Current MINIMUM price on Bricklink is £18 for that haul.

The duty manager also gave me the nod that there were Friends pieces in the £5.85 Grab Bags. Couldn't resist. Mine was an awesome bag, much fuller than the other ones! It had 552 pieces in it worth £12.50 at minimum current Bricklink prices. Best pieces I got were 9 Bright Pink 1x2 plates, a Dark purple 2x4 brick, 2 DARK Brown 2x2 round plates, 9 Medium Azure 2x2 plates, a 1x3 light blay inverted double slope, 6 trans Dark Pink 1x1 round plates, a Pearl Gold 1x1 round tile! Most of those colours are new for me and I love the dark brown and medium azure.

And my Tower Bridge arrived yesterday. I might not sleep tonight.

Mark your calendars for April 10-11 as the Lego newsletter has those days as buy large and pay small PaB cup, of course for VIP members only in US.

AC

PS. My last large refill PaB cup was full of dark tan tiles.

Mark your calendars for April 10-11 as the Lego newsletter has those days as buy large and pay small PaB cup, of course for VIP members only in US.

And Canada :wink:

AC

PS. My last large refill PaB cup was full of dark tan tiles.

I saw that in the April Store Calendar, and in the fine print on back is no mention of a hard limit, except for possibly the interpretation of "a" large PaB cup as being singular. Although I'm sure that is basically up to each store manager on duty I guess... but let's not get TOO greedy, and plan on leaving some for others as well :)

(It's rare that I ever get more than 2 large cups in one trip anyway. Since I never know exactly what will be on the PaB wall (the closest stores near me are not set up on Brickbuildr site and I'd submit an initial inventory but not sure exactly how), it is always a secondary reason for a visit if I am going there anyway.)