oo7

The Black Pearl

Yay, my thread has inspired 3 people to build ships!!!

Those are both pretty nice ships. I'd have to agree with the majority on this one, it's definitely the first for me. It just has that Black Pearl essence, it commands the eye's attention with it's majesty. Also, as it is bigger, it just looks more well done. There could probably be a lot of detail put within it.

Now all we need to see is a Flying Dutchman with a crew of the damned to match! I'd also like to see some nice PotC custom figs, such as Jack or Will.

I have watched the Curse of the Black Pearl many times, and I have pieced my information from that...

Ah yes, DMC was my only information source before I discovered a site what berry syedow posted in this tread earlier, however that was before I discovered EB...

I was searching EB for Ghost Ships and happen to stumble upon this MOC of the Black Pearl. Very nice. having the separate Pirate Forum I don't visit very often, I must have missed it.

Very nice. I love the dark black sales and dark colors. I think this makes a most excellent Ghost Ship. If I had enough pirate pieces, I would try one myself.

What ship do you mean? the one what's completly(without the hull) black, or the one with the trans green details in it??

Whoa, I never thought this topic would be dragged out of the deep dark depths of hell! X-D

Anyway, was there any particular reason you were searching for ghost ships Mr. Brickster?

Whoa, I never thought this topic would be dragged out of the deep dark depths of hell! X-D

Anyway, was there any particular reason you were searching for ghost ships Mr. Brickster?

I had the thought of building one, but I really don't have a lot of pirate pieces. I like the use of the black sales and the brown/black color combination (in both MOCs). Works very well. I'd put either of these ships up against the Mega Block POC ships any day.

I would probably choose the first ship as my favorite. I like the use of the multiple cannons (more like a real ship), and also the row boat hoisted up along side the boat. I remember doing the same with a Playmobil Pirate ship when I was a "young swahbuckler".

Its an MLCad work!

So how accurate it is? It doesn't have sails. Can MLCad do custom sails?

I'm afraid MLCAD can't do custom sails.... It is a nice model, but not very accurate to the Black Pearl. I believe the Black Pearl has got 2 decks, and 30 guns... The rigging of the Black Pearl is also different. This just looks like another extended black BSB....

Its an MLCad work!

So how accurate it is? It doesn't have sails. Can MLCad do custom sails?

It ain't very accurate, this MOC is just a black BSB.

With a third mask...

Maybe its a first effort at building a MOC, if so then well done. If its built by an experienced MOCer then its time to keelhaul him!

Does anyone have any thing else to say about this MLCad Black Pearl? If not I'll merge this thread with another...

Does anyone have any thing else to say about this MLCad Black Pearl? If not I'll merge this thread with another...

If it is your duty to merge things please do not hesitate to do so ;-)

It depends on the thread. This thread hasn't really gone anywhere so on that basis it might as well be merged with a more established thread, but first I must ask if anyone has anything useful to contribute which might save it from the merger.

Also, it turns out your wrong about the BP being 2 gun decks.

It only has one gun deck if you look in DMC close enough when it's beached. Even Mega Bloks got it right... though the ship still dosn't look right to me no mater how acurate...

Yay!

That spelling error has been bothering me for so long. :-$